FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Motorcycle Test

Motorcycle Test

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *pic OP   Man  over a year ago

Petworth

Have been thinking for a while now about taking my motorcycle test, Would like to do an intense course so as to pass quickly to ride any size bike. Has anyone taken the test recently and how easy or difficult was it.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *uriouskinky2Couple  over a year ago

wrexham

I used to be a bike instructor. What do you want to know?

wrexham

Go for it. It's probably the easiest driving test you could do, not as easy as it used to be though.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

i'd love to learn to ride a bike but fear i would look ridiculous on one

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

go threw d.a.s,test pretty easy its the theory test thats hard ,gud luk ,

Petworth

"I used to be a bike instructor. What do you want to know?"

Basiclly i know everyone is different but the average amount of hours training you would need, how long is the test itself

wrexham

"I used to be a bike instructor. What do you want to know?

Basiclly i know everyone is different but the average amount of hours training you would need, how long is the test itself"

Between 8 and 12 hours plus a CBT should see you through. The test has changed a bit since I last instructed back in 2007 with a greater emphasis on off road exercises. Relax and enjoy!

Petworth

Will be looking into to this in the near future, have wanted to take a bike test for years but never got round to it

I keep meaning to do mine, I did the theory last year and found it remarkably easy considering I'd never done a theory before, can't feckin find the bleeding bit of paper tho

I did my theory test a few months ago , took my mod 1 test last month on a 125 cc and failed on my observation after my emergency stop ....

Im rebooked for the 14th next month ... so fingers crossed ....

and for anyone thinking of taking the test, the bike test all changes jan 2013 next year..... so you need to get it done asap !

I (mrs) passed by doing an intensive course...now we are talking a number of years ago now! But I would say if it's something you want to do then go for it! If I can pass I'm pretty sure anyone can!

passed many years ago and have rode bikes from gsxr's to harley sportsters.

i will always be on a bike as i enjoy the freedom. i get wet, cold fingers sometimes and travel miles on them because the thrill and enjoyment.

had some terrible injuries also but riding is a part of me.

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

I did my bike test about 9 years ago - rode like a total twat on the test and still passed - the test isn't the hard bit.

My advice is get yourself a cheap 125 and spend a few months out on the roads getting used to the mindset you need to develop to be on 2 wheels on the road.

It won't fully prepare you for the massive step up to a big bike (even your most average 600 will do 0-60 in about 5 secs), but it will teach you how you need to change your thinking from being in a box

By *obletonMan  over a year ago

A Home Among The Woodland Creatures

"I did my theory test a few months ago , took my mod 1 test last month on a 125 cc and failed on my observation after my emergency stop ....

Im rebooked for the 14th next month ... so fingers crossed ....

and for anyone thinking of taking the test, the bike test all changes jan 2013 next year..... so you need to get it done asap !"

fuck the mod 1 test

AFAIK it's the same test as direct access, except that big bikes are easier to control and better balanced, especially at low speed, so you have more time to think about the test criteria

[Removed by poster at 23/11/12 20:59:44]

hubby retoke his test after a d.v.l.a cock up . he says mod 1 was hard passed mod 2 first time .check out the d.s.a website for latest law changes which come in on the 19th of jan . the 33 bhp restriction is being lifted to 47 bhp

» Add a new message to this topic