the same as in everyday life....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

some will be, some won't

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Like View said it reflects life in general some people are unhappy at times and snap at people without a real reason.

"Why is it you are nice to people and they are just rude back "

What do you mean "you are nice"?

How are they 'being rude' back?

I was accused of being rude earlier this evening by a gentleman on here, he messaged asking for a meet.

I checked his profile and saw he was outwith my area, I mention twice in my profile I only meet locally

I messaged him back saying that I did not meet outwith my area and he replied saying I was rude and had attitude.

To him I was rude, to me he was rude to message in the first place.

By *ovlad1986 OP   Man  over a year ago

Bedworth

Well sent a nice message to say hi and just got a message back poking fun and taking the piss and then blocks you I am a thick skinned person so not moaning about it just asking are most people like this

More nice than bad, always get a few, sometimes messages can be read in wrong way

They're just ignorant twats, ignore them, there small minded

By *ady4ladyWoman  over a year ago

liverpool

Sometimes its really difficult to judge someones mood by just reading a message and it can be read as being nasty or rude or intimidating etc when really the person didnt mean it like that at all. Dont take it personal, x

Bedworth

"I was accused of being rude earlier this evening by a gentleman on here, he messaged asking for a meet.

I checked his profile and saw he was outwith my area, I mention twice in my profile I only meet locally

I messaged him back saying that I did not meet outwith my area and he replied saying I was rude and had attitude.

To him I was rude, to me he was rude to message in the first place. "

Well I would offer but I'm out your age and area. And I'm sorry to hear what he did

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

One person's nice message is another person's "not another fucker who can't read"

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

"Well sent a nice message to say hi and just got a message back poking fun and taking the piss and then blocks you I am a thick skinned person so not moaning about it just asking are most people like this "

did they have on their profile that they wish to meet single guys fitting your profile ie area u live in .. age range etc ??

Bedworth

"They're just ignorant twats, ignore them, there small minded "

I have the person just came across as she only after a shag and can't take it when someone nice and dose not want that from the word go maybe them type rude just the way forward

Bedworth

Yes they did understand if they didn't

Bedworth

"One person's nice message is another person's "not another fucker who can't read""

Thanks

Bedworth

"One person's nice message is another person's "not another fucker who can't read"

Thanks "

I did read the profile and talked about bits in her profile

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

Having been sent message from a number of people who have then gone on to post about 'sending nice messages' and either being ignored or whatever..... I can safely say their idea of a 'nice message' and mine differ somewhat.

A generic 'Hi, do you fancy a chat' or something similar is more often the case..... usually from people who have chosen to ignore what it says on the profile.

Excluding the question "fancy a shag" is no excuse to ignore people's preferences and then 'expect' a generic minimal effort message to have a positive reply.

Bedworth

"Having been sent message from a number of people who have then gone on to post about 'sending nice messages' and either being ignored or whatever..... I can safely say their idea of a 'nice message' and mine differ somewhat.

A generic 'Hi, do you fancy a chat' or something similar is more often the case..... usually from people who have chosen to ignore what it says on the profile.

Excluding the question "fancy a shag" is no excuse to ignore people's preferences and then 'expect' a generic minimal effort message to have a positive reply. "

I my message was a little about me and how I fit in to what she looking for and I would not ask for a meet or shag in the first message

And I was just wondering if most on here was just down and out rude as talked to a few people on here and they have been nice To talk to

"Why is it you are nice to people and they are just rude back

What do you mean "you are nice"?

How are they 'being rude' back?"

Bump

OP... perhaps people are confused when they get a message from you. Are your messages similar to what you post here, I mean by that...well, your style of writing on the threads is nothing at all like your style of writing on your profile?

I would find that a bit fishy if you messaged me for example... I might not be rude about it of course, but ya know.

Bedworth

"OP... perhaps people are confused when they get a message from you. Are your messages similar to what you post here, I mean by that...well, your style of writing on the threads is nothing at all like your style of writing on your profile?

I would find that a bit fishy if you messaged me for example... I might not be rude about it of course, but ya know.

"

I have dyslexia so typing not best bit about me and on my profile I have looked over and over to see how I can make it stand out

I wasn't refering to spelling. I was refering to 'style' but yeah, ok.

Bedworth

"I wasn't refering to spelling. I was refering to 'style' but yeah, ok."

What you mean then ?

I'm not so sure you do read profiles, you recently messaged me and don't fit all that I am looking for. I did reply politely.

As for previous poster talking about how you write on forum and how profile has been written, it comes across to me as if two different people have done the writing.

The profile has been put together well, grammatical, broken down into paragraphs.

Messages on here seem to be more one long sentence without commas etc, hence completely different styles of writing

Bedworth

Ok sorry I did as I have posted I looked over and over what to put in my and when I message you

I was still getting use to mailing people but I will start to take more time on my posts so will take me a longer time to reply

Don't look for the meet let the meet find you . You havnt wasted you're time sending a nice message so nobody can send a rude one back . Simples

Bedworth

"Don't look for the meet let the meet find you . You havnt wasted you're time sending a nice message so nobody can send a rude one back . Simples "

Don't think the meets would find me

» Add a new message to this topic