FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > BBC (soap) Opera

BBC (soap) Opera

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *icketysplits OP   Woman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Tony Hall is the new BBC DG. Leaving the Royal Opera House to take up the role. They got the Baron awfully quick.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Tony Hall is the new BBC DG. Leaving the Royal Opera House to take up the role. They got the Baron awfully quick."
And - surprise, surprise! - he is a former 'BBC Man'.... here we go again........

"Tony Hall is the new BBC DG. Leaving the Royal Opera House to take up the role. They got the Baron awfully quick.And - surprise, surprise! - he is a former 'BBC Man'.... here we go again........

"

I really wanted to apply for that role but I didn't see the advert. I wonder who will get the ROH role?

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Don Giovanni waiting to happen.

"Don Giovanni waiting to happen. "

dramma giocoso indeed.

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

I suppose we should be grateful Patton didn't give himself the job .......... or hand the BBC over to the Chinese.

Jobs for the boy!!

The BBC needs a massive culteral overhaul and part of the should be a sortie into the commercial world with selected and trageted objective by way of sponsorship and naming rights.

Additionally commercial salaries should be paid and a complete work study be undertaken with roles given to spent empoyees targeted for instance all deputy posts reviewd and if not required, as is the case, the post is made redundant.

Quarterly performance income targets be established (other than the licence fee) and if they do not hit them they have to reduce costs like any other business.

The dear old Aunty has grown fat and is need of some exercise and she needs to weaned off the licence fee and made to work for a living!

"Jobs for the boy!!

The BBC needs a massive culteral overhaul and part of the should be a sortie into the commercial world with selected and trageted objective by way of sponsorship and naming rights.

Additionally commercial salaries should be paid and a complete work study be undertaken with roles given to spent empoyees targeted for instance all deputy posts reviewd and if not required, as is the case, the post is made redundant.

Quarterly performance income targets be established (other than the licence fee) and if they do not hit them they have to reduce costs like any other business.

The dear old Aunty has grown fat and is need of some exercise and she needs to weaned off the licence fee and made to work for a living!"

Have a look at how much Peppa Pig makes.

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

"Jobs for the boy!!

The dear old Aunty has grown fat and is need of some exercise and she needs to weaned off the licence fee and made to work for a living!

Have a look at how much Peppa Pig makes."

Peppa Pig is owned by the Cartoon Network and Channel 5. I'm a huge fan.

"Jobs for the boy!!

Have a look at how much Peppa Pig makes."

Agreed but its a fraction of what could be earned if the Aunty was allowed to be more commercial. Walking with dinosours is a great example, the arena show makes out like a bandit but only produces modest profits.........streamline.......lean and fit!

"Jobs for the boy!!

Have a look at how much Peppa Pig makes.

Peppa Pig is owned by the Cartoon Network and Channel 5. I'm a huge fan."

That's my point. If the BBC still made children's television of this calibre, as they used to, they could sell it worldwide with no trouble at all. In the Night Garden was good but not enough of them made.

Glasgow

" .......Agreed but its a fraction of what could be earned if the Aunty was allowed to be more commercial. Walking with dinosours is a great example, the arena show makes out like a bandit but only produces modest profits.........streamline.......lean and fit!"

The BBC has a huge commercial arm and earns £ millions (billions?) worldwide. This money is used to subsidise the stuff which otherwise wouldn't be made.

" .......Agreed but its a fraction of what could be earned if the Aunty was allowed to be more commercial. Walking with dinosours is a great example, the arena show makes out like a bandit but only produces modest profits.........streamline.......lean and fit!

The BBC has a huge commercial arm and earns £ millions (billions?) worldwide. This money is used to subsidise the stuff which otherwise wouldn't be made."

Actually its about £1.2b...........point made!

Glasgow

There's no doubt the BBC needs reformed.

From service contracts via stupid salaries to the sheer number of people it seems to take to make a BBC programme, there's clearly savings to be made.

Patton defending not going out to advert for the post. It turns out Hall didn't want it when it was advertised.

By *eakcoupleCouple  over a year ago

peak district

Trebles all round! Another BBC placeman gets the top job. This bunch will never be reformed, that's why we are not paying our licence fee.

» Add a new message to this topic