FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Chelsea

Chelsea

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Chelsea have sacked there manager who won them the greatest prize in club football !......Madness

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

"Chelsea have sacked there manager who won them the greatest prize in club football !......Madness "

Probably opens the door for matey who managed Barca to cop the job next.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A knee jerk reaction by the looks of it and you can see its one big merry-go-round there.

By *kywatcherMan  over a year ago

Southwick

Didn't see that one coming. All the the focus has been on Mark Hughes as the first Premiership manager to get the chop this season. As you say...madness!!!

Mark Hughes must be a worried man this morning .

Yep, I agree but don't forget that the club is perhaps just another business for Abramhovic, and perhaps he uses it's financial structures and incomes to assist his empire in growing. Any club at that level must generate income by winning trophies, titles etc. So far Chelski haven't shown that much promise this season.

By *roggMan  over a year ago

haverfordwest

they have struggled in the champions league this season but he is an impatient owner and they may well have pepe lined up next

I don't think managers are given enough time these days to build and mold a team in to shape . I am a Liverpool fan my self

By *xodussxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Not a surprised at all. I wish we were able to sack our politicians based on what they archive before the end of their mendat

Most clubs have a dip in form after winning cups , there not out of European cup yet , and there near the top in the prem.

There are many clubs who'd gladly swap places.

"Not a surprised at all. I wish we were able to sack our politicians based on what they archive before the end of their mendat"

Shoot them more like lol

"Not a surprised at all. I wish we were able to sack our politicians based on what they archive before the end of their mendat"

Parliment would be empty lol

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

Harry redknapp will end up taking the job... Guardiola won't go near it

By *ashful BazMan  over a year ago

poole dorset

"Harry redknapp will end up taking the job... Guardiola won't go near it"

Harry could do with the dosh, his house is for sale down here apparently.

Roman Abramovich certainly doesn’t seem the most tolerant of chaps to have as your boss.... But I'm sure he'll have cushioned Roberto's fall with a generous pay-off....

Guardiola? hmmmmmm

Southwick

"Harry redknapp will end up taking the job... Guardiola won't go near it

Harry could do with the dosh, his house is for sale down here apparently.

"

Heard Ukraine were looking for a national manager.

That about sums up modern football and the grossly rich meglomaniacs who have control of (some) them. No class or sophistication, who allow/ use their great wealth to bully and buy honours. Sad really!

He never wanted roberto any way who has been a great servant to Chelsea as a player and manager he's always wanted pep Guardiola

Good luck to roberto

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

It does seem a poisoned chalice, numerous mangers have bitten the dust no matter the level of success,

There ll be no shortage of takers, i doubt harry rednapp would be asked never mind take it, .. guardiola.. maybe he only had a rolling one year deal at barca, least that d cut the monstrous amount of severance pay roman has forked out..

Who's in temporeay charge.?

By *john121Man  over a year ago

staffs

[Removed by poster at 21/11/12 11:01:56]

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

No surprise at all, it's typical Chelsea.

Rafa Benetiz will be next manager of Chelsea, and whatever he does there, like all the rest, he'll be sacked and paid a bundle of money by Ambramovich simply because Ambramovich has the staying power of a chocolate fireguard.

As a Liverpool fan, here's wishing Rafa all the best, can't send the same sentiments to Chelsea though.

staffs

"It does seem a poisoned chalice, numerous mangers have bitten the dust no matter the level of success,

There ll be no shortage of takers, i doubt harry rednapp would be asked never mind take it, .. guardiola.. maybe he only had a rolling one year deal at barca, least that d cut the monstrous amount of severance pay roman has forked out..

Who's in temporeay charge.?"

Pepe won't touch it until he has the 'hunger' back plus he'd always be looking over his shoulder.

Chealski didn't play badly last night they were out classed. That's the problem we seem to think that because we've probably got the best league our clubs should never loose at this level.

Utd went out last season, was sir Alex worried? Doubt it!

Sometimes the players need to take responsibility on the pitch. Benitez is favourite.

Pepe may well end up at City next year as they are building a Barca style set up and recently signed people who know him and have worked with him and would let him work his magic.

It would be a shame for Mancini as he's worked wonders, so many knockers who said you can't buy a team, well he's had a few sticky moments but he's produced the goods. The look on Sir Alex and shreks face the last min of last season was worth all those barren years.

Yes struggling in CL but without a doubt had the 2 toughest groups ever!

It will happen.

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

I'll take the job at a fraction of the price these 'big names' will ask for.

I'll be shit at the job - but the money I'll earn in the meantime will mean I don't have to work again.

At the end of the day - it's under performing players who dictate the fate of the club.

"Chelsea have sacked there manager who won them the greatest prize in club football !......Madness

"

Di Mateo was only ever considered to be a caretaker manager by Abramovich. The fact Chelsea won the CL last season wasn't down to Di Mateo as he pretty much worked with the side that was already in place when he was appointed.

As for Guardiola, he's out of the frame until July when his year long sabbatical ends, and listening to TalkSport just now it looks like Rafa Benitez is on his way to London for talks, cutting short his holiday in New York.

That would be a wise move as Di Mateo was becomming increasingly frustrated with Torres' failure to dazzle whereas Benitez worked with Torres in those two great seasons he had at Liverpool.

p.s. Benitez has already been sacked by Chelsea, and got his severance pay in time so he can complete his holiday.

wirral

"I'll take the job at a fraction of the price these 'big names' will ask for.

I'll be shit at the job - but the money I'll earn in the meantime will mean I don't have to work again.

At the end of the day - it's under performing players who dictate the fate of the club."

Defo agree with you about taking the job, maybe we can do it as a job share.

Don't quite agree about under performing players though they are a factor. It's a combination of stability at the top of the club which includes keeping the same manager to allow him to fully put his stamp on the club, the ability of the manager to have a long term transfer strategy and the freedom to pick players as he sees fit.

Chelsea have this wonderful way of negating the financial benefits the owner has brought to the club by scoring own goals by sacking managers on a whim, thus meaning they simply don't have any long term strategy.

If they'd had invested in a manager and given him the freedom to do the job properly, they'd have won more league titles and probably have won the European Cup sooner. I don't begrudge Chelsea winning the FA Cup or European Cup last season, but they definately rode their luck in both competitions and in doing so put out the likes of Barca.

Fabio cappello anyone

wirral

"Chelsea have sacked there manager who won them the greatest prize in club football !......Madness

Di Mateo was only ever considered to be a caretaker manager by Abramovich. The fact Chelsea won the CL last season wasn't down to Di Mateo as he pretty much worked with the side that was already in place when he was appointed.

As for Guardiola, he's out of the frame until July when his year long sabbatical ends, and listening to TalkSport just now it looks like Rafa Benitez is on his way to London for talks, cutting short his holiday in New York.

That would be a wise move as Di Mateo was becomming increasingly frustrated with Torres' failure to dazzle whereas Benitez worked with Torres in those two great seasons he had at Liverpool."

True but the Torres that Benetiz bought and helped deliver fantastic results with during his first 3 seasons is a long way different to the Torres he'll inherit at Chelsea.

"He never wanted roberto any way who has been a great servant to Chelsea as a player and manager he's always wanted pep Guardiola

Good luck to roberto "

Totally agree.

Im a Chelsea fan and always thought Robbed was seat warming for Pep. Even the players we have bought are more in line with Pep's kind of football.

Watching last night was horrible. Shoot Torres and get a striker in.

staffs

[Removed by poster at 21/11/12 15:01:59]

staffs

"He never wanted roberto any way who has been a great servant to Chelsea as a player and manager he's always wanted pep Guardiola

Good luck to roberto

Totally agree.

Im a Chelsea fan and always thought Robbed was seat warming for Pep. Even the players we have bought are more in line with Pep's kind of football.

Watching last night was horrible. Shoot Torres and get a striker in."

Do you believe that someone of Peps ability would want Abramavich looking over his shoulder all the time and should he have a bad run would he be sacked? Think not.

He's reported as saying his head isn't in to coaching now, lets hope he does come back but it won't be to a club where he doesn't have control or is having to look over his shoulder.

I don't think player power would be tolerated by him, just as Mancini won't tolerate and that could be somewhat difficult in the Chelsea dressing room

"Do you believe that someone of Peps ability would want Abramavich looking over his shoulder all the time and should he have a bad run would he be sacked? Think not."

I think you may have hit the nail on the head there. Someone of Pep's quality wouldn't want to live in fear of being sacked for a blip in form. Abramovich measures Chelsea's success in the same way he does with his business, and heads roll if they don't perform. Football is different in so much as the same team can't win everything year in year out and Abramovich simple doesn't understand that.

[Removed by poster at 21/11/12 15:34:26]

Lets face it the players are at fault. You buy lots of talented players pay them stupids amount of money, they do not perform so sack the manager (time and again in the case of Chelsea)

I was about to say no one in their right mind would take that job but thought.......its a dream job in so far as you get paid well doing something you love, the Russian takes umbridge you get fired and sent packing with a life changing amount of money. I have sent my CV in because as manager of Benchill Rovers (Division 2 runners up South Manchester and Wythenhawe League) I feel more than qualified to have a go.

Watch this space.......!!

think being honest chelsea's champions league this season mirrors there league position from last season.

sacking the manager like this is poor.

ferguson's start in europe with man utd was a lot worse and took years to get anywhere in the competition.

and when you think Wenger has never won the competition or anything for years at the big club like arsenal then your left asking yourself how does he survive?.

when abramavich moves into F1 or something else it will be interesting to see how chelsea will do in the future.

"think being honest chelsea's champions league this season mirrors there league position from last season.

sacking the manager like this is poor.

ferguson's start in europe with man utd was a lot worse and took years to get anywhere in the competition.

and when you think Wenger has never won the competition or anything for years at the big club like arsenal then your left asking yourself how does he survive?.

when abramavich moves into F1 or something else it will be interesting to see how chelsea will do in the future.

"

But Ferguson is God.........the Russian would get told no matter how much money he has. Old school maybe and possibly nearing the end of his tenure at the Theatre of Dreams but a god in the red half (three quarters really!) of the republic of Mancunia.

"Lets face it the players are at fault. You buy lots of talented players pay them stupids amount of money, they do not perform so sack the manager (time and again in the case of Chelsea)

I was about to say no one in their right mind would take that job but thought.......its a dream job in so far as you get paid well doing something you love, the Russian takes umbridge you get fired and sent packing with a life changing amount of money. I have sent my CV in because as manager of Benchill Rovers (Division 2 runners up South Manchester and Wythenhawe League) I feel more than qualified to have a go.

Watch this space.......!!"

That's the difference between clubs like Arsenal/United and teams like Chelsea/City. The former believe in an ethos that longevity reaps ongoing success whereas the latter go for short term glory in the hope it leads somewhere else. Ok, in Arsenal's case they haven't won anything for 7 or 8 years now but Mr Wenger is as much a part of the furniture at Arsenal as Fergie is to United.

Arsenal will start winning again I'm sure and when they do whoever is in charge of Chelsea had best update his CV.

sheffield

".

"

I would love to see him move his money in F1

By *roggMan  over a year ago

haverfordwest

rafael benitez may well get the job as a short term appointment for this season and if he wants to take it maybe pepe will take over next season

Shame but guess he will get a huge payout.

"rafael benitez may well get the job as a short term appointment for this season and if he wants to take it maybe pepe will take over next season"

It's precisely this kind of tenuous situation that puts clubs at risk of huge financial penalties. Benitez knows Guardiola is the fancied man for the job at Chelsea but he's unavailable, so he's next in line for it. What does he do?

Leave the job he's at now and risk a short tenure at Chelsea, or stay where he is. If he takes the Chelsea job then he can barter for a lucrative payout if they sack him.

"rafael benitez may well get the job as a short term appointment for this season and if he wants to take it maybe pepe will take over next season

It's precisely this kind of tenuous situation that puts clubs at risk of huge financial penalties. Benitez knows Guardiola is the fancied man for the job at Chelsea but he's unavailable, so he's next in line for it. What does he do?

Leave the job he's at now and risk a short tenure at Chelsea, or stay where he is. If he takes the Chelsea job then he can barter for a lucrative payout if they sack him."

The Waiter is currently unemployed?

"Lets face it the players are at fault. You buy lots of talented players pay them stupids amount of money, they do not perform so sack the manager (time and again in the case of Chelsea)

Watch this space.......!!

That's the difference between clubs like Arsenal/United and teams like Chelsea/City. The former believe in an ethos that longevity reaps ongoing success whereas the latter go for short term glory in the hope it leads somewhere else. Ok, in Arsenal's case they haven't won anything for 7 or 8 years now but Mr Wenger is as much a part of the furniture at Arsenal as Fergie is to United.

Arsenal will start winning again I'm sure and when they do whoever is in charge of Chelsea had best update his CV."

Even though he's not won anything I think what David Moyes has done with Everton is further proof you need to believe in your manager and give them the time.

sheffield

"rafael benitez may well get the job as a short term appointment for this season and if he wants to take it maybe pepe will take over next season"
Hey Mate you ok?

"rafael benitez may well get the job as a short term appointment for this season and if he wants to take it maybe pepe will take over next season

Leave the job he's at now and risk a short tenure at Chelsea, or stay where he is. If he takes the Chelsea job then he can barter for a lucrative payout if they sack him.

The Waiter is currently unemployed?"

Ah right, I wasn't sure. Thought he was managing abroad. Tks.

Good luck to roberto

Totally agree.

Do you believe that someone of Peps ability would want Abramavich looking over his shoulder all the time and should he have a bad run would he be sacked? Think not.

He's reported as saying his head isn't in to coaching now, lets hope he does come back but it won't be to a club where he doesn't have control or is having to look over his shoulder.

I don't think player power would be tolerated by him, just as Mancini won't tolerate and that could be somewhat difficult in the Chelsea dressing room"

I think the 'player power' is the reason why the club haven't performed too well. It happens at all levels of football, certain or all players in a squad don't like a manager so they underperform until the club bosses have had enough of poor/indifferent form and finally sack the manager. How many times after a manager has been sacked has that club magically re-discovered winning form? Not rocket science to work it out really.

Regarding Chelsea in particular, in my view until certain senior players are shifted out, the problem will persist. The new man needs to stamp down hard on the squad when he takes over, and go down the Mancini road. If the players don't like it then - goodbye player.

The Waiter is currently unemployed?

Ah right, I wasn't sure. Thought he was managing abroad. Tks. "

He will be brought in until Pep recovers from his stress episode!

Good luck to roberto

Totally agree.

I don't think player power would be tolerated by him, just as Mancini won't tolerate and that could be somewhat difficult in the Chelsea dressing room

I think the 'player power' is the reason why the club haven't performed too well. It happens at all levels of football, certain or all players in a squad don't like a manager so they underperform until the club bosses have had enough of poor/indifferent form and finally sack the manager. How many times after a manager has been sacked has that club magically re-discovered winning form? Not rocket science to work it out really.

Regarding Chelsea in particular, in my view until certain senior players are shifted out, the problem will persist. The new man needs to stamp down hard on the squad when he takes over, and go down the Mancini road. If the players don't like it then - goodbye player. "

You mean like he did with Tevez? I refer to my Ferguson comment and they way he dealt with Rooney! Ok Rooney got some more money out of it but he has said it wa the biggest mistake he has made in his career to go head to head with the Goven Yolk! Mancini is not long for the Manc rain I can tell you! If he fails to qualify tonight then I think he will open discussions (again) with Marseille and a get a bit of sunshine!

Good luck to roberto

Totally agree.

Regarding Chelsea in particular, in my view until certain senior players are shifted out, the problem will persist. The new man needs to stamp down hard on the squad when he takes over, and go down the Mancini road. If the players don't like it then - goodbye player. You mean like he did with Tevez? I refer to my Ferguson comment and they way he dealt with Rooney! Ok Rooney got some more money out of it but he has said it wa the biggest mistake he has made in his career to go head to head with the Goven Yolk! Mancini is not long for the Manc rain I can tell you! If he fails to qualify tonight then I think he will open discussions (again) with Marseille and a get a bit of sunshine!"

Well first prediction is confirmed! Mancini the presure is on!!

By *bbandflowCouple  over a year ago

South Devon

Benitez has the job as short term appointment

I've never been so disheartened with Chelsea as I am now and I was there in div 2 !

By *he-Hosiery-GentMan  over a year ago

Older Hot Bearded Guy

The world of football is so fickle, these days.

"I've never been so disheartened with Chelsea as I am now and I was there in div 2 ! "
With the Blue quarter of Manchester in similar dissary it could be 21 for United!

"I've never been so disheartened with Chelsea as I am now and I was there in div 2 ! With the Blue quarter of Manchester in similar dissary it could be 21 for United!"

Oh deep intense joy! I'm so thoroughly enjoying this. Off to facebook to wind some Chelskis up.

To be fair when fergie goes all the best united! Will see you rattling around the Europa no doubt!

"To be fair when fergie goes all the best united! Will see you rattling around the Europa no doubt! "
9 manager in 9 years..........I think you need to wake up and smell the coffee which is now being served bt a rather rotund Spanish waiter, who failed at Milan and Liverpool! Crack on!!

"To be fair when fergie goes all the best united! Will see you rattling around the Europa no doubt! "

When Rudolf goes, so will the rest of the tired old gits at the Industrial Estate

Southwick

"Harry redknapp will end up taking the job... Guardiola won't go near it"
Que?

Southwick

"No surprise at all, it's typical Chelsea.

Rafa Benetiz will be next manager of Chelsea, and whatever he does there, like all the rest, he'll be sacked and paid a bundle of money by Ambramovich simply because Ambramovich has the staying power of a chocolate fireguard.

As a Liverpool fan, here's wishing Rafa all the best, can't send the same sentiments to Chelsea though."

Very perceptive....

"To be fair when fergie goes all the best united! Will see you rattling around the Europa no doubt!

When Rudolf goes, so will the rest of the tired old gits at the Industrial Estate"

A Trotter emerges from the Primodial Soup of Bolton.........the largest industrial estate in Blackburn!

Typical united look how much Chelsea have won with those 9 managers when the pensioner goes so will united brace yourself!

What about ken bates

Its just footy could not care less folk dying in israel and palestine get real folk. Chelsea run by a dodgy russian.

Hate that everyone's lives are different their are 7 billion people in the world are we supposed to think about them all!

Southwick

"What about ken bates "
Ben Kates on the other hand...

at least rafa wont be doing them annoying Go Compare adverts any more!

He may do in a few weeks though

Southwick

"Didn't see that one coming. All the the focus has been on Mark Hughes as the first Premiership manager to get the chop this season. As you say...madness!!!"
A close second. Just sacked...

» Add a new message to this topic