FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you ever feel like a loser

Do you ever feel like a loser

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hirley OP   Man  over a year ago

somewhere

You know when things don't go your way and you get/got your hopes up almost as if for no reason. Seems as if it did that because you let it happen or you didn't put your all in and life is teaching you a hard lesson in return.

This is not me bemoaning any luck btw but just asking something I've thought about the last few days.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

All the time

I wouldn't say "loser" per se, but having to work damned hard for everything I have in my life qualifies then "yes"

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

No because if whatever it is doesn't go my way, I'll sure as hell find another way to accomplish it in the end x

This is a feeling I battle with frequently. I'm autistic, claim PIP and universal credit, and can only work part time if I don't want to burn out and have a breakdown (again). The frustration at not being able to achieve the very basics without A LOT of support is huge.

By *tephenBunChowMan  over a year ago

Haywards heath/Waterlooville

Hmm not so much a loser but do suffer from imposter syndrome.

By *ackandsashaCouple  over a year ago

West Dublin

Have felt very down at times, but in a very good place at the mo. You just need to get out of bed and get on with it.

Life lesson number one.... If someone is bringing you down, avoid them. Even if they're family.

Life lesson number two. If you hate your job, change jobs.

Life lesson number three, don't make excuses why you cannot do one and two.

By *arakiss12TV/TS  over a year ago

Bedford

Of course all the time, it makes winning feel more the sweeter.

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

I got used to it and now don't pay attention to it it's a valuable lesson to be learnt keep moving forward

By *hilledGuyClactonMan  over a year ago

Little clacton

Not so much a loser..But since c0vid and gaining weight during lockdowns,my anxiety seems to have come out of no where.Never suffered with it before

By *hirley OP   Man  over a year ago

somewhere

"This is a feeling I battle with frequently. I'm autistic, claim PIP and universal credit, and can only work part time if I don't want to burn out and have a breakdown (again). The frustration at not being able to achieve the very basics without A LOT of support is huge. "

Do you think autism is directly relevant in your feelings of low self worth, ie beating yourself up. or is it just part of it

Currently, yes.

I'm a bit fragile at the minute. Lots of self loathing and doubts.

I have a good relationship with the universe right now. I used to blame things, or myself.

I just know life has a vicious dark sense of humour, and I now laugh at it, and with it.

The universe and I are now drinking buddies, soon I will make it my bitch

"This is a feeling I battle with frequently. I'm autistic, claim PIP and universal credit, and can only work part time if I don't want to burn out and have a breakdown (again). The frustration at not being able to achieve the very basics without A LOT of support is huge.

Do you think autism is directly relevant in your feelings of low self worth, ie beating yourself up. or is it just part of it"

In another life being autistic could perhaps have been the "superpower" that some people claim it to be. If I hadn't had children, for example, or if I'd been born 30 years later and had a diagnosis and relevant support from a young age. As it is, being autistic in the life that I have limits what I can cope with. Growing up knowing I wasn't 'quite right' and not understanding why has contributed to these feelings of ineptitude (I was diagnosed at 36) and that's hard to shake off. I'm sure there are autistic people who don't feel frustration and sadness when they can't achieve what their peers do so effortlessly, but I suspect they are a minority.

» Add a new message to this topic