FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Techy question

Techy question

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Viv has said she will buy me a tablet computer for xmas,

now I don't want apple ipad, too much money anyhow! Got a budget of 300 quid, any experts on here, fancy a Samsung 10.1 tab 2

Any other suggestions for me? Might point out that my phone is a Samsung galaxy S3 so compatibility is important

thanks in advance, Ian x

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

If you're not getting an iPad I would say the closest in build quality to the iPad is the Kindle Fire HD. Like Apple, Amazon have tight control over the hardware and software which gives a more reliable experience.

At work we have every tablet you can imagine for testing and some of the Android ones like the Galaxy are not well built and the interface is clunky and not as responsive as Fire or iPad. That's not to say you wouldn't have decent experience with one, it's just that it's not as good as Amazon or Apple.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"If you're not getting an iPad I would say the closest in build quality to the iPad is the Kindle Fire HD. Like Apple, Amazon have tight control over the hardware and software which gives a more reliable experience.

At work we have every tablet you can imagine for testing and some of the Android ones like the Galaxy are not well built and the interface is clunky and not as responsive as Fire or iPad. That's not to say you wouldn't have decent experience with one, it's just that it's not as good as Amazon or Apple."

I'll go with you on this one the kindla fire is great but if you got the cash I say go for the 32gb also what size screen you want ?

Gotta be an ipad - nothing better xx

The Samsung tab 2 would ultimately be just a larger version of your phone, albeit with a stylus. And full compatibility is guaranteed.

Just my opinion here but I would personally steer clear of the Kindle.

It has a very locked down version of Android with no access to the Play Store unless you root it. Which will give you warranty problems.

Go for one of the big make Android tablets and you should be OK. We have a Xoom and Galaxy here and they both do the job well. And they have a customised but open Android OS on them which means you can use them like they were designed to be used and are not restricted on Apps you can install.

By *kin BohnerMan  over a year ago

derby

Steer clear of anything Apple in my opinion... I get the impression they are on a con. A new version of everything with very little change every six months or so and the fools queue up to buy it! I reckon they have ipad and iphone 20 ready and waiting to go...

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Steer clear of anything Apple in my opinion... I get the impression they are on a con. A new version of everything with very little change every six months or so and the fools queue up to buy it! I reckon they have ipad and iphone 20 ready and waiting to go... "

that's kinda why I don't want to be a sheep and go apple!

Have you seen the idiots camping overnight to get the latest version!

Thanks for the advice. Think I will go Samsung 10.1 tab 2. Love my galaxy phone so could well be a done deal already unless someone else can convince me otherwise.

Thanks

Ian

By *ixson-BallsMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

Ian

Argos have the Samsung Galaxy 2 10.1 on sale for £238...admittedly its only 16gb and wi-fi ...

Dix

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I have an Acer A500. Runs on Android, is totally compatible with my Galaxy S3, as they both run the same software.

Does everything I want it to, edits documents, synch's my calenders and diaries etc.

There is a newer version that has a keyboard with it, can't remember what it's called though. My housemate has one, and he loves it. Even if it is only really used to play racing games!!

By *xodussxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

Now she will get all confused. Just put all those tablets name in a pot and make a randomly pick one

... God knows im still trying to suss out my Nokia 100 i bought recently from this guy telling me it was best in world and better than these fancy Iphone thingys....he was nice salesman only paid £400 cash for it ....shame he had to move though; apprantly his brother siad when i rang to get some info that he gone away for a while; but he did offer to help with a fantastic offer on a Sinclair ZX81 pc ; looks brill and it was dead cheap at just £700 wow ..... do you think i got a bargin ????

By *he Original TTMan  over a year ago

Brackley, Northants

"Steer clear of anything Apple in my opinion... I get the impression they are on a con. A new version of everything with very little change every six months or so and the fools queue up to buy it! I reckon they have ipad and iphone 20 ready and waiting to go... "

So, how many Apple products have you actually owned and used?

I used to say the same - now have an iPhone 4S, iPad 3 and a MacBook Pro.

The build quality is superb, they work well and yes, they cost a little more (unless you shop around like I did) but you get what you pay for.

Too many people dismiss Apple's products as overrated without having tried them properly.

Just my two penn'th

By *xodussxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

" ... God knows im still trying to suss out my Nokia 100 i bought recently from this guy telling me it was best in world and better than these fancy Iphone thingys....he was nice salesman only paid £400 cash for it ....shame he had to move though; apprantly his brother siad when i rang to get some info that he gone away for a while; but he did offer to help with a fantastic offer on a Sinclair ZX81 pc ; looks brill and it was dead cheap at just £700 wow ..... do you think i got a bargin ???? "
.....HELLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...Are you ok???? fancy buying my playstation 1??? Just pay me £400...

By *kin BohnerMan  over a year ago

derby

I own no Apple products because I think they are scamming people with the endless updates... You pay a lot of money for very little change. I am not questioning the quality just the business practice.

the new surface tablet from MS looks effin awesome in the ad with its magnetic click on keyboard but havent used one

the nexus 7 is one of the best tabs about at the mo for me

" I am not questioning the quality just the business practice. "

If it was up to Apple you wouldn't be able to buy a Samsung......

By *histler21Man  over a year ago

Ipswich

"Viv has said she will buy me a tablet computer for xmas,

now I don't want apple ipad, too much money anyhow! Got a budget of 300 quid, any experts on here, fancy a Samsung 10.1 tab 2

Any other suggestions for me? Might point out that my phone is a Samsung galaxy S3 so compatibility is important

thanks in advance, Ian x"

What do you want it to do?

Just bought a Nexus 7, and an over the moon with it

If you have the cash go for a nexus 10, our samsung galaxy 10.

Kindle fire hd is too much of a closed system for me ......

» Add a new message to this topic