FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mental health thread

Mental health thread

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm struggling with my mental health at the moment.

Is anyone else ?

Any words of comfort or a hug would be lovely xx

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

I've been struggling with mine since I was at least 4, you have my sincerest sympathies OP

By *ong-leggedblondWoman  over a year ago

Next Door

Sorry to hear this OP.

Sending hugs.

Don't be too hard on yourself, acknowledge your having a crap time and it's OK.

Take yourself away from things, and do some deep slow breathing and focus your brain on your breathing.

Hopefully it might help

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I'm struggling with my mental health at the moment.

Is anyone else ?

Any words of comfort or a hug would be lovely xx"

Get well soon just be who you are and who you can be got bullied at work years ago now company knows about it still do nothing still treat me like second class worker

It’s there loss

Onwards and upwards don’t look back

Plenty of hugs cuddles

By *mo512Man  over a year ago

LONDON

[Removed by poster at 22/07/22 11:25:17]

LONDON

Been through struggles myself.

Historic events that impact me as a grown man which I didn't even realise had an influence.

Sought and received help. That's the biggest thing. Talk. Even if your think you're being nonsensical.

Not everything will have an answer but you may find the reason that there is a question. And that help more than the answer.

I learned to switch my thinking. No longer focus on what happened. But bring that internal child to now. 'Look at how well we've done'. Etc etc.

It may not be applicable to what you're going through but there is always a way to get through. Even in the darkest of times.

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

Hopefully you're getting practical help too

By *uietlycheekyMan  over a year ago

aberdeen

Seek help… go to gp ? Your employer might have an employee assistance programme that can provide help…. I was lucky to get CBT From

My employer, best thing I’ve done worked wonders.

Try to take ‘time out’ Try a mindulness (meditation) app or YouTube videos … sounds ridiculous I know but it honestly can the the edge off

I'm finding things very difficult at the moment. Lots of confusion mixed with anxiety and other emotions I'm struggling to understand.

By *inister_SpinsterWoman  over a year ago

North West

Is anyone else ?

Sending you love and positivity.

Remember, this too shall pass.

By *oson-BlueCouple  over a year ago

North Kent

Hugs OP it will pass, acknowledge your feelings, be kind to yourself and do something nice for yourself.

Ms

Thank you everyone, lots of kindness xx

I have a counsellor i saw a few years ago, she is brilliant but she's not available until september. However knowing i will see her does help

XXX

The best advice I can give is let it happen. We all focus on certain feelings as negative and there's always a strive to be 'happy'.

I've been dealing with this a long time and some days I can cry for no reason, feel horrible and have thoughts of past times. But that's okay, I need to feel what I need too so if today's a sad day I accept that.

Find an outlet that helps you cope more on these days whether it be writing a journal or going to the gym. Recognise your triggers and once you see a pattern, it's easier to manage. Talk to those around you and get things off your chest, there's nothing worse than a hectic mind. Finally, give yourself a break and remember you're not alone, most people are struggling too they are just better at hiding it.

Just ride through the bad days and dance through the good. Tomorrows always a better day

By *eadinthecloudsMan  over a year ago

Manchester

I've struggled with it since I was 16. Never felt quite right since

LONDON

"The best advice I can give is let it happen. We all focus on certain feelings as negative and there's always a strive to be 'happy'.

I've been dealing with this a long time and some days I can cry for no reason, feel horrible and have thoughts of past times. But that's okay, I need to feel what I need too so if today's a sad day I accept that.

Find an outlet that helps you cope more on these days whether it be writing a journal or going to the gym. Recognise your triggers and once you see a pattern, it's easier to manage. Talk to those around you and get things off your chest, there's nothing worse than a hectic mind. Finally, give yourself a break and remember you're not alone, most people are struggling too they are just better at hiding it.

Just ride through the bad days and dance through the good. Tomorrows always a better day "

Spot on

Thank you xx

By *inja 636Man  over a year ago

Grays

Is anyone else ?

Sorry to hear that, happy to chat if you need to, can you identify in your self what is happening regarding your mental health I,e anxiety, depression xx

I'm on medication for depression, anxiety and stress. I had some brilliant counselling in the past but its expensive plus she is booked up until september. The nhs counselling takes months to get and was crap.

I know exactly whats causing this at the moment.

» Add a new message to this topic