FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Men are all about the effort.

Men are all about the effort.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Are men into fab more than women? And into the ‘chase’ a lot more. We out number them, we send 1st messages, we fab pictures, we reply to the ‘majority’ of ones we get.

Considering swinging and open relationships sound very modern, it does seem to still be very old fashioned by having the men make the first move …

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

As “modern” as people want to be, you can’t over write millions of years of evolution

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

Surely it's just because women don't need to do the chasing. They are often bombarded with messages from every guy within an hours drive?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Men outnumber women on here. There’s your answer. That and I think men and women pursue each other differently.

But you’ve reminded me I really need to start making an effort on here.

I think they need to if truth be told. In my experience on here and from what I've seen, a lot of women get entitled by the attention and have the pick of the bunch. When you have that kind of free rein, it's standard that they expect the man to do the chasing. Most of the time they probably act differently on here than they would do in the real world.

And anyone offended by this post, the shoe probably fits.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I'm not into the "chase" or hunt and have no interest in any woman that is. I've made the effort on the forums and in my profile but beyond that I don't take this site too seriously for any number of reasons.

The last few socials I've been at have been 70% single women, hunting in packs.

There are a number of upcoming socials claiming that all couples and single women places are gone but virtually no ticket requests from single men.

"

There are a number of upcoming socials claiming that all couples and single women places are gone but virtually no ticket requests from single men. "

really?…. Which ones.

*asking for all my single male friends.

Belfast

"I think they need to if truth be told. In my experience on here and from what I've seen, a lot of women get entitled by the attention and have the pick of the bunch. When you have that kind of free rein, it's standard that they expect the man to do the chasing. Most of the time they probably act differently on here than they would do in the real world.

And anyone offended by this post, the shoe probably fits."

The only issues I've had in 5 years here have been when I've said no to a woman. I've refused to meet and been named and shamed in their chatgroups.

I've refused to follow their instructions and post on their behalf in the forums and I've refused to stand up and protect them when they are attacked in the forums because I know they are permanent victims and are actually the aggressor in private and they deserve everything they get.

I disagree that women don't have to make an effort. Of course they will get lots of attention but if they don't make any effort themselves they don't really have a leg to stand on if that attention isn't the sort they are looking.

Belfast

"

There are a number of upcoming socials claiming that all couples and single women places are gone but virtually no ticket requests from single men.

really?…. Which ones.

*asking for all my single male friends. "

Different country

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

It's difficult...

I first message because I'm looking for someone specifically for me. If I were just looking for a fuck and go then sure I probably wouldn't bother messaging first, as there are so many invites to a cock dipping.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"It's difficult...

I first message because I'm looking for someone specifically for me. If I were just looking for a fuck and go then sure I probably wouldn't bother messaging first, as there are so many invites to a cock dipping.

"

Cock Dipping

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

I've always hated the "chase". I find it demeaning and life is too short for that kind of shit

"I think they need to if truth be told. In my experience on here and from what I've seen, a lot of women get entitled by the attention and have the pick of the bunch. When you have that kind of free rein, it's standard that they expect the man to do the chasing. Most of the time they probably act differently on here than they would do in the real world.

The only issues I've had in 5 years here have been when I've said no to a woman. I've refused to meet and been named and shamed in their chatgroups.

I've refused to follow their instructions and post on their behalf in the forums and I've refused to stand up and protect them when they are attacked in the forums because I know they are permanent victims and are actually the aggressor in private and they deserve everything they get.

I disagree that women don't have to make an effort. Of course they will get lots of attention but if they don't make any effort themselves they don't really have a leg to stand on if that attention isn't the sort they are looking."

This! The sense of entitlement here can be sickening at times, you only have to look at the aggressive profile write-ups from women and couples (and yes, some men too), to see that. The most grief I ever had here was from an entitled couple who gave me a shed load of abuse when I politely explained that they werent for me.

Men are allowed to have standards/preferences too!

Sure "we" the "brotherhood" out number women quite aggressively, but I'm pretty sure that isn't a group I want to be associated with.

Strip away the dreamers, pic collectors, weirdos and general cock goblins, I think the numbers swing back far more favourably.

The "gentlemen" of this site, far far lower numbers.

Stand out, be authentic, present the best version of yourself and it'll be fine. If you have no luck, that's on you, reflect, adapt and improve.

I think some guys find this is hard because it's about convincing women to sleep with them. Wrong approach.

It takes time, isn't hard, to find someone you want to want to connect with that also wants to connect with you. If the vibe you give off is desperately throwing mud at the wall and seeing what sticks, don't be surprised at the short shrift.

So no, it's not lacking modernity, or backwards, it's a reflection of the nature of the beast and distorted landscape caused by el goblino de cockina.

I've missed you!

By *olden PoleMan  over a year ago

Thal

Bravo indeed!

I can understand why some get entitled as the mount of messages and the somewhat false admiration projected towards some women must be a mind scramble but it’s the willingness to be rude and attack from the safety of behind a screen along with the security of a block button that I just can’t fathom.

I know there will be many answers and opinions on why it’s acceptable to be rude and nasty but is there really a need for ir.....really?

"I've always hated the "chase". I find it demeaning and life is too short for that kind of shit"

"…

So no, it's not lacking modernity, or backwards, it's a reflection of the nature of the beast and distorted landscape caused by el goblino de cockina. "

It was worth reading all of that just for this last paragraph

We are horrified by some of the entitlement we see on here.

Profiles with RULES YOU MUST FOLLOW!!!! to even contact me / us.

People that wouldn’t get a second glance in the street acting like their Gods gift.

If I was a single guy I wouldn’t chase these twats if they had a cure for old age.

"…

So no, it's not lacking modernity, or backwards, it's a reflection of the nature of the beast and distorted landscape caused by el goblino de cockina.

It was worth reading all of that just for this last paragraph "

I won't lie, I enjoyed that flourish.

My auto correct, did not. Fuck you phone lol.

By *merican WomanWoman  over a year ago

live by the Pool xx

Men are just as bad as women when it comes to meeting.

By *olden PoleMan  over a year ago

Thal

"We are horrified by some of the entitlement we see on here.

People that wouldn’t get a second glance in the street acting like their Gods gift.

If I was a single guy I wouldn’t chase these twats if they had a cure for old age. "

Couldn’t agree more

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I wouldn't say so. I think some men are too obsessed with fab but that's a different thing.

Out of curiosity OP, if you think women don't make the first move, how do you think we end up meeting each other?

If I was a single guy I wouldn’t chase these twats if they had a cure for old age. "

100% this.

"Out of curiosity OP, if you think women don't make the first move, how do you think we end up meeting each other? "

Haha, ok I love that.

That, that was good.

By *mily36CWoman  over a year ago

Bedford (or anywhere beginning with B..!?)

Some of us have switched it around... and I think it's getting more so??

But like any type of change it doesn't work for all

"I wouldn't say so. I think some men are too obsessed with fab but that's a different thing.

Out of curiosity OP, if you think women don't make the first move, how do you think we end up meeting each other? "

To entertain your question….Because a man sent the 1st message

I usually have my filters on so most of the people that I've met on here, I've sent the first message.

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

In my experience women do sometimes make the first move. They have seen something they like , they think it is interesting and they say hi. It usually means that they are serious about a meet and they have set their profile up to block single guys messaging so they can use the site in their terms.

I used to enjoy doing the chasing and seduction part of the game but now i dont have the will to chase as hard id sooner we run at eachother instead

"

Some of us have switched it around... and I think it's getting more so??

But like any type of change it doesn't work for all "

Doesn't mean you should stop trying..

Some of us have no problem with the woman making the first move....

99% of profiles have no face photo. I full on iniate messaging if there's is and I'm attracted to that person.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

On the whole I think men need sex more than women.

It's a primal need, and they wake up in the morning with a boner that has to be dealt with.

I'd probably get sick of dealing with it myself and look for someone to do it for me, if I were a man.

Thankfully, I'm not, and can go months without anything touching my vagina.

I rarely message guys first because that seems to indicate to many it's an automatic meet request and now never fab pictures as I would get negative responses even though it was only showing appreciation for a good pic nothing more. Why give myself hassle this is supposed to be fun?

East London

Is it entitlement or people being transparent about what they want and don't want?

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

This .

"99% of profiles have no face photo. I full on iniate messaging if there's is and I'm attracted to that person.

"

I messaged someone a couple of days ago. The ball was rolling about meeting now he's vanished from the site.

East London

The reasons I stopped searching for men is the endless scrolling through local men, and profiles with barely anything on, to make a decision to message.

I'm also wary that by me initiating the conversation they think I'm already thinking about getting naked with them.

I'm not bothered about being rejected.

East London

And anyone offended by this post, the shoe probably fits.This ."

I think most people act differently on here than in the real world. The amount of mingers I've had message me, I'd say everyone chances their arm, in the hope to get their dick wet.

If any feels offended by that, c'est la vie

"On the whole I think men need sex more than women.

It's a primal need, and they wake up in the morning with a boner that has to be dealt with.

I'd probably get sick of dealing with it myself and look for someone to do it for me, if I were a man.

Thankfully, I'm not, and can go months without anything touching my vagina.

"

the boner goes away if you ignore it have a piss and a bru 9 times out of 10

By *eavenscentitCouple  over a year ago

barnstaple

I don't make the first move mainly because my libido fluctuates so much and, in the past when I have it's been to my disadvantage. Sometimes I just don't feel like it.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Surely it's just because women don't need to do the chasing. They are often bombarded with messages from every guy within an hours drive?"

Not really it’s just as hard for most women to get quality conversations and meets as men, it’s just a different kind of hard.

My personal view in on the whole men & women think about sex and want sex about the same amount , but generally women have higher standards and more self control so only interact with the ones they really like; whereas as a lot of men will interact with anyone in the hope of some sex, even if they don’t fancy them - or in some cases even if they are the wrong gender , pure desperation !!!

"Are men into fab more than women? And into the ‘chase’ a lot more. We out number them, we send 1st messages, we fab pictures, we reply to the ‘majority’ of ones we get.

Considering swinging and open relationships sound very modern, it does seem to still be very old fashioned by having the men make the first move … "

I had never thought of it that way but hae had others make the first move on occasion...

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Sure "we" the "brotherhood" out number women quite aggressively, but I'm pretty sure that isn't a group I want to be associated with.

Strip away the dreamers, pic collectors, weirdos and general cock goblins, I think the numbers swing back far more favourably.

Stand out, be authentic, present the best version of yourself and it'll be fine. If you have no luck, that's on you, reflect, adapt and improve.

I think some guys find this is hard because it's about convincing women to sleep with them. Wrong approach.

It takes time, isn't hard, to find someone you want to want to connect with that also wants to connect with you. If the vibe you give off is desperately throwing mud at the wall and seeing what sticks, don't be surprised at the short shrift.

So no, it's not lacking modernity, or backwards, it's a reflection of the nature of the beast and distorted landscape caused by el goblino de cockina. "

Good post!

Having been a single and a couple on here I've seen it from two sides.

Do men like the chase? Some do. Other just think that as people are on a sex/swingers/hook up (whatever you feel the need to call it) site that it'll be easier to find sex on here than in the outside world. There also seems to be a greater sense of urgency and a lack of patience in some sections of the fab male population and when reality kicks in the first response is to blame the ratio of men to women, the 'arrogance' of single women and couples who don't reply and every other factor except the ones that really matter - their messaging behaviour, the time spent creating their profiles and photos and the unwillingness to adjust jow they interact, look at other options bar just a meet arranged on here (socials, clubs, private parties).

Many come to the forums when things aren't working out and either batch and moan and blame everyone and everyone bar themselves or seek advice and then take none of it on board.

For any single male in the real world that struggles to find sex through normal channels, fab will prove harder - not easier, than going down the pub or meeting elsewhere offline. Sure, for single women it's probably much easier in a way due to the numbers to get interest but those numbers can make it just as hard to find suitable company.

For some men there seems to be a cycle. Join fab thinking it's guaranteed sex. Create bland profile and send messages to everyone. Get no replies. Get frustrated. Blame everyone else. Send more messages to the same people. Get no replies. Give up, blame the numbers and try again in the real world. Come back a few months later, try again, and find nothings changed. Repeat ad infinitum and keep blaming the numbers.

So yes. I do think some men get addicted to fab and the chase but not for the right reasons.

A

Belfast

I haven't sent a first contact message in well over 2½ years so every conversation since has been initiated by women getting in touch.

As I said above I've no interest in anyone on the chase so if it's obvious that they aren't capable of having a non sexual chat I move on.

I enjoy it when a woman makes it the chase hard for me because it makes so much more exciting if we do connect

By *oo..Woman  over a year ago

Boo's World

"It's difficult...

"

I love this "cock dipping" ha ha

"

Good post!

For some men there seems to be a cycle. Join fab thinking it's guaranteed sex. Create bland profile and send messages to everyone. Get no replies. Get frustrated. Blame everyone else. Send more messages to the same people. Get no replies. Give up, blame the numbers and try again in the real world. Come back a few months later, try again, and find nothings changed. Repeat ad infinitum and keep blaming the numbers.

A"

That, basically, all day every day. It's the presumption of the place and then other people. Circling the vortex of doom from the start.

But yes, I've seen your posts, I know your club.

Bricks of Subtlety right? South West chapter here

I think this extends to most social meeting platforms, men are expected to be creative and thoughtful with their messages. Same applies on here as it does on Tinder, and I think that is ok to expect some thought and consideration.

However, the problem lies that it is never reciprocated. I can't really speak for here as I don't think a woman has ever messages me first, but on Bumble where they have to message first 99% of the time it is always just "hi". The type of message that is complained about and totally ignored when the other way around. I think being split for choice helps and knowing there is a back up.

You do see a lot of ladies complaining about the number of messages and quality of those messages on here, I am assuming they are taking the bull by the horns and going out and seeking what they want rather than waiting for it to fall into their lap.

Belfast

"Sure "we" the "brotherhood" out number women quite aggressively, but I'm pretty sure that isn't a group I want to be associated with.

Good post!

Do men like the chase? Some do. Other just think that as people are on a sex/swingers/hook up (whatever you feel the need to call it) site that it'll be easier to find sex on here than in the outside world. There also seems to be a greater sense of urgency and a lack of patience in some sections of the fab male population and when reality kicks in the first response is to blame the ratio of men to women, the 'arrogance' of single women and couples who don't reply and every other factor except the ones that really matter - their messaging behaviour, the time spent creating their profiles and photos and the unwillingness to adjust jow they interact, look at other options bar just a meet arranged on here (socials, clubs, private parties).

Many come to the forums when things aren't working out and either batch and moan and blame everyone and everyone bar themselves or seek advice and then take none of it on board.

For any single male in the real world that struggles to find sex through normal channels, fab will prove harder - not easier, than going down the pub or meeting elsewhere offline. Sure, for single women it's probably much easier in a way due to the numbers to get interest but those numbers can make it just as hard to find suitable company.

So yes. I do think some men get addicted to fab and the chase but not for the right reasons.

A"

Most of that applies across the board. There are many single women and couples profiles that constantly complain in updates that they are just here for sex and others don't seem to understand that.

There are 2 in my local updates right now.

The biggest difference is that a lot of women have a support network of chatgroups so when things don't go the way they intended they have the means of punishing the offenders.

I've seen many women here on the forums admit that the only issues they've ever had on the site or in site related groups have been from other women.

The whole numbers thing didn't really apply because proportionally there are equally as many lazy, whiny vindictive women and couples but anyone pointing that out is dismissed as someone with an axe to grind or is saying it from a position of rejection.

Sometimes it's just a fact that many choose to ignore.

I get all kinds of offers and I look like shit. Does it make you sad that these men contact you too?

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

When I was meeting, I very rarely responded to messages, I used to search and contact people that I liked the look of. In fact, I've only ever met one person who I didn't initiate contact with. But, I've been told by quite a few men in the past that they don't like that and prefer to do the chasing...perhaps that was just their way of rejecting me *shrug*

So, in answer to your actual question, I think *some* men get a tad overexcited by the abundance of fleshy bits on display and dick brain takes over. Whereas women, on the whole, seem to be better at keeping vagina brain in check and thinking with their big brain.

Belfast

If I was a single guy I wouldn’t chase these twats if they had a cure for old age.

Is it entitlement or people being transparent about what they want and don't want?

"

It depends on how it's wrapped. People are entitled to put whatever they want in their profile and others are entitled to ignore those profiles.

If however those "preferences" are expressed in an introductory message and become instructions or demands then yes they are classed as entitled.

If someone I've never spoken to before sends me a message telling me to shave off my beard because Mrs doesn't like it or that I'm too straight for them and will have to play bi or that I must send a facepic and phone number or I won't be meeting them I'm fully entitled to tell them to shove their preferences up their arse.

If they feel a man is going to jump or feel grateful then yes they are indeed entitled.

All of the above has actually happened btw and is only a tiny example of the attitudes of some experienced fabbers who have forgotten how to speak to people and aim their messages at the cock.

It's always when you are not expecting to find or meet someone that the meeting happens

Don't be so keen to meet, if its going to happen it will.

Just chill and keep a small collection of good friends you can trust and establish friendship with

Rather than so many one night stands.

[Removed by poster at 22/07/22 09:56:18]

By *oxy_xxxWoman  over a year ago

Belfast

If your here for the right reasons you'll use the site properly.

Im struggling with the guys who think because they have a cock they think I wanna jump on it

It makes me wanna delete all my messages.

I'm gonna have to stop quoting before we break the Internet, but yeah Reality, there are plenty of people occupying a space that is their own special brand of reality, far from everyone else.

Confirmation bias, echo chambers, feed back loops, search and ye shall find. Perhaps we're in one now?

It's a nutty place that requires a measure of self awareness and detachment. At it's core, it's very very silly. Fun. But silly.

"

Rather than so many one night stands."

If you keep doing one night stands, you’ll soon run out won’t you?

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

Personally I hate chasing and the feeling of pouring my attention or effort into someone that doesn’t reciprocate.

If the interest isn’t mutual, then I will lose interest very quickly.

First messages are only one small piece of the puzzle, indicating interest is just the first step.

I understand that many people don’t feel the need to make effort or don’t want to risk rejection, so to them being passive is the answer. To paraphrase a fab trope; if that’s what the effort they’re putting in, then what are they like in person?

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

All of my fab meets and connections came about through personal initiative and effort. I never complained and saw it as normal. It wasn't exactly easy but very rewarding

I would say men see the sexy pictures and act on impulse, with nothing further whereas for women that's just the starting point. Someone posted something about dick brain taking over and I think that that is probably the case

"When I was meeting, I very rarely responded to messages, I used to search and contact people that I liked the look of. In fact, I've only ever met one person who I didn't initiate contact with. But, I've been told by quite a few men in the past that they don't like that and prefer to do the chasing...perhaps that was just their way of rejecting me *shrug*

So, in answer to your actual question, I think *some* men get a tad overexcited by the abundance of fleshy bits on display and dick brain takes over. Whereas women, on the whole, seem to be better at keeping vagina brain in check and thinking with their big brain. "

I do like this take. My vagina brain is rarely in charge.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Call me old fashioned... I like to be persued. It's flattering and makes me feel feminine.

I like someone with masculine energy.

It’s biological for us men to chase

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Are men into fab more than women? And into the ‘chase’ a lot more. We out number them, we send 1st messages, we fab pictures, we reply to the ‘majority’ of ones we get.

Considering swinging and open relationships sound very modern, it does seem to still be very old fashioned by having the men make the first move … "

All the time men continue to make the first move it will continue to appear that they are more in to fab than women. The reality is (imo) that all genders are equally in to it, just in different ways.

I've seen a number of posts from men almost boasting that they are 'gentlemen' who know how to treat a 'lady' and getting really offended if the lady doesn't appreciate their efforts.

If you want a stereotype to stop prevailing, first stop being stereotypical.

Ps yes I know #notallmen

"Call me old fashioned... I like to be persued. It's flattering and makes me feel feminine.

I like someone with masculine energy."

I hear you!

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

You never see a bitch chasing a horn dog

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

"It's always when you are not expecting to find or meet someone that the meeting happens

"

100% this

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

It depends on how it's wrapped. People are entitled to put whatever they want in their profile and others are entitled to ignore those profiles.

If however those "preferences" are expressed in an introductory message and become instructions or demands then yes they are classed as entitled.

If someone I've never spoken to before sends me a message telling me to shave off my beard because Mrs doesn't like it or that I'm too straight for them and will have to play bi or that I must send a facepic and phone number or I won't be meeting them I'm fully entitled to tell them to shove their preferences up their arse.

If they feel a man is going to jump or feel grateful then yes they are indeed entitled.

All of the above has actually happened btw and is only a tiny example of the attitudes of some experienced fabbers who have forgotten how to speak to people and aim their messages at the cock. "

So when you get a message like that hit delete. It doesn't represent the majority of the site one bit.

Men are just as guilty of sending presumptuous messages, trust me.

Being a twat isn't gender specific. They come in all shapes and sizes and you just ignore those who you find 'demanding' and whose profiles you think unsuitable because they're blunt about their preferences. It's not hard.

Nobody has to bow down to another's demands and those that do only have themselves to blame. If you're willing to do anything to get a meet more fool you (generic 'you' obviously).

You create your own reality a lot of the time, via your profile, your messages and your forum interactions. Be demanding and abrupt and you'll be seen by some as being stuck up and elitist. Appear to not have any preferences at all and you'll be seen by many as willing to fuck anything with a pulse. Complain frequently about the same issues in the forums and you'll be seen by some as a whinger who creates their own drama.

It's easy to be seen online in a two dimensional manner. Words don't always translate how you want them to and are often recieved in a different manner than that intended. Jokes and humour goes over the heads of some. Images that turn some on can put off others.

Women and couples can be just as guilty of the same 'crimes' that single men are often accused of. But due to the inbalance in the ratios, and the tendency for men to be more vocal in their complaints about online fab life, it will generally appear that men are more guilty of adverse behaviour.

Want to stand out and be seen in a more positive light? Then often it's just a few small changes that can make all the difference. But many seem too stubborn and unwilling to make the tiniest change to behaviour and attitude and are content to carry on, blaming others and the site for their failings.

There are literally hundreds of awesome single male profiles and members on fab. Some you'll never know about because they don't use the forums - probably because they're too busy meeting to join in.

Be the best you that you can be and that's 99% of the challenge mastered. The other 1% is just how you choose to interact.

A

By *a LunaWoman  over a year ago

South

I’m just old fashioned in my ways full stop.

But is the woman all about that bass thats what i heard

Belfast

All of the above has actually happened btw and is only a tiny example of the attitudes of some experienced fabbers who have forgotten how to speak to people and aim their messages at the cock.

So when you get a message like that hit delete. It doesn't represent the majority of the site one bit.

Men are just as guilty of sending presumptuous messages, trust me.

Being a twat isn't gender specific. They come in all shapes and sizes and you just ignore those who you find 'demanding' and whose profiles you think unsuitable because they're blunt about their preferences. It's not hard.

Nobody has to bow down to another's demands and those that do only have themselves to blame. If you're willing to do anything to get a meet more fool you (generic 'you' obviously).

You create your own reality a lot of the time, via your profile, your messages and your forum interactions. Be demanding and abrupt and you'll be seen by some as being stuck up and elitist. Appear to not have any preferences at all and you'll be seen by many as willing to fuck anything with a pulse. Complain frequently about the same issues in the forums and you'll be seen by some as a whinger who creates their own drama.

It's easy to be seen online in a two dimensional manner. Words don't always translate how you want them to and are often recieved in a different manner than that intended. Jokes and humour goes over the heads of some. Images that turn some on can put off others.

Women and couples can be just as guilty of the same 'crimes' that single men are often accused of. But due to the inbalance in the ratios, and the tendency for men to be more vocal in their complaints about online fab life, it will generally appear that men are more guilty of adverse behaviour.

Want to stand out and be seen in a more positive light? Then often it's just a few small changes that can make all the difference. But many seem too stubborn and unwilling to make the tiniest change to behaviour and attitude and are content to carry on, blaming others and the site for their failings.

There are literally hundreds of awesome single male profiles and members on fab. Some you'll never know about because they don't use the forums - probably because they're too busy meeting to join in.

Be the best you that you can be and that's 99% of the challenge mastered. The other 1% is just how you choose to interact.

A"

I haven't said anywhere that it represents the majority of the site but it does represent a percentage of the site who like to finger point and blame everything that happens to them online on someone else's behaviour as you've rightly said.

It's one of the mysteries of life.

Men join a swingers site but despise women and allow that to shine through in their interaction and if done in a public forum are put in their incel box.

Women join a swingers site with major issues over men and allow their anger to spill over in a public forum or play the victim card and they are celebrated for being a strong woman.

There is no balance and the middle ground is much narrower than some would lead you to believe.

The amount of effort put in by each demographic is often related to the reaction that effort can trigger.

By *rey NomadMan  over a year ago

Calne

Couldn’t agree more "

Yep me too

By *andering Welsh GuyMan  over a year ago

All over the place

Not sure about more into, but men are the ones who generously have initiated the "chase" forever - as such we need to work harder I guess

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"Call me old fashioned... I like to be persued. It's flattering and makes me feel feminine.

I like someone with masculine energy."

I’m not sure how pursuing translates as masculine?

By *riel13Woman  over a year ago

Northampton

The men tend to be thirstier... I am horny but won't fuck anyone that offers to sort that out

Club rules

I won’t initiate contact

I won’t message till message received

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

I let them do the chasing Woody, we live in the modern world now

By *UNKIEMan  over a year ago

south east

Having been here for years n years yes mostly its been me initiating contact but now and again i have had the pleasure of the lady making first contact and doing the chasing which is a very exciting development and quite the ego boost ..just wish itd happen more often

By *uliette500Woman  over a year ago

Hull

A lot of the issue with me is confidence.

I am I admit on the large side and when I have sent first messages to men the amount of insults I've received on my size and comments such 'Why would I go anywhere near someone like you?' has really put me off trying.

A simple 'no thanks' or 'your not my type' would do the same job but the insults hurt.

I'd rather just wait for guys that are actually interested in me to get in touch with me.

Yes to some that might be seen as lazy but it saves my mental health.

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

"When I was meeting, I very rarely responded to messages, I used to search and contact people that I liked the look of. In fact, I've only ever met one person who I didn't initiate contact with. But, I've been told by quite a few men in the past that they don't like that and prefer to do the chasing...perhaps that was just their way of rejecting me *shrug*

So, in answer to your actual question, I think *some* men get a tad overexcited by the abundance of fleshy bits on display and dick brain takes over. Whereas women, on the whole, seem to be better at keeping vagina brain in check and thinking with their big brain. "

I like the thought of "vagina brain" as a concept... Or possibly a malady.

"Dr, I ve been feeling very irrational lately, I think I've got vagina brain"

By *ornucopiaMan  over a year ago

Bexley

"

Rather than so many one night stands.

If you keep doing one night stands, you’ll soon run out won’t you? "

I'd say that if someone keeps doing one night stands, they've obviously got a good supply!

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

chichester

Good post!

A"

I think many men would be better suited just booking an escort as they just seem to want to pump and dump them bounce … leave the actual serious swingers : guys understanding it’s not instapump to enjoy the site

By *heExcommMan  over a year ago

Llantrisant

There is a huge variety of choice. Why sift through everything and waste time messaging every man to see if they take your fancy when you can lean back, relax, and let them come to you

By *hagTonightMan  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

And anyone offended by this post, the shoe probably fits.This ."

I think that this quote suits well here "what you need to know, but dont wanna hear"

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I’m not sure how pursuing translates as masculine? "

Perhaps it's because of cultural, stereotypical views that are still held. Men chase, women are chased.

I guess if you like the idea of men being a particular way, then it makes sense that a man chasing you would be seen as being masculine. Like he's clubbed you round the head and is bringing you back to the cave being ravaged.

I tend to be quite proactive in messaging people when I'm looking but I like people (not a gender) actively chasing me/expressing an interest because it makes me feel sexually wanted. Maybe that's the feminine energy referred to.

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Perhaps it's because of cultural, stereotypical views that are still held. Men chase, women are chased.

I guess if you like the idea of men being a particular way, then it makes sense that a man chasing you would be seen as being masculine. Like he's clubbed you round the head and is bringing you back to the cave being ravaged.

I tend to be quite proactive in messaging people when I'm looking but I like people (not a gender) actively chasing me/expressing an interest because it makes me feel sexually wanted. Maybe that's the feminine energy referred to."

I'd club you and drag you back to a cave for ravishing if you ask nicely Meli

By *imply DeeWoman  over a year ago

Wherever

"A lot of the issue with me is confidence.

I am I admit on the large side and when I have sent first messages to men the amount of insults I've received on my size and comments such 'Why would I go anywhere near someone like you?' has really put me off trying.

A simple 'no thanks' or 'your not my type' would do the same job but the insults hurt.

I'd rather just wait for guys that are actually interested in me to get in touch with me.

Yes to some that might be seen as lazy but it saves my mental health. "

I totally agree with you on this

By sending a message saying 'nice tits'?

I would much rather make the first move myself tbh

Why are you horrified by people being clear about what they want. Think that's the problem that people see people having a very clear definition of what they are looking for as somewho entitled. If this thread was aimed at men there would be people on here claiming this was man bashing.

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I tend to be quite proactive in messaging people when I'm looking but I like people (not a gender) actively chasing me/expressing an interest because it makes me feel sexually wanted. Maybe that's the feminine energy referred to.

I'd club you and drag you back to a cave for ravishing if you ask nicely Meli "

Pretty please?

"Are men into fab more than women? And into the ‘chase’ a lot more. We out number them, we send 1st messages, we fab pictures, we reply to the ‘majority’ of ones we get. "

I havent sent first message as I always presume I wont be their type but I have fabbed pics, winked or commented in posts through the forums. I also reply to the majority of messages unless they send messages which are one worded with no effort on the profile either.

"A lot of the issue with me is confidence.

Yes to some that might be seen as lazy but it saves my mental health. "

absolutely agree with this

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

This is the kind of attitude I really struggle with on fab. Because it doesn't just pervade fab but the general populace, although the men of fab are far, far more vocal about it.

I am no more or less successful in finding a partner or one off fling on fab, who meets what I'm looking for, than I am 'in the street'.

What I'm looking for, who I'm willing to meet doesn't change depending on my location.

But I got a lot more abuse on fab than anywhere else, telling me I was entitled, thinking I could "punch above my weight". On my couples profile with my ex we had one couple go on a huge rant aimed at my ex asking if I was a pity fuck, how could someone who worked so hard at their body bare to be with someone who obviously didn't (I mean... I did. We trained and ran together. He know how hard I worked)

Now, as I've lost weight that abuse has lessened. I'm sure by the time I've finished that process and had my tummy tuck even more men will think my having prefernces and opinions even more valid.

Basically this rant boils down to:

No one is 'better' or more 'entitled', beauty is completely in the eye of the beholder, as is bodily autonomy. Nobody owes anyone a fuck, or desire.

Appreciate if someone finds you attractive, be polite in declining if they are not for you....

And in direct answer to the OP.

I don't think a large proportion of men actually put a huge punt of effort in - I don't count sending copypasta to every woman online in a 50 mile radius as effort.

By *rispyDuckMan  over a year ago

Chinese Takeaway near you

What she said

Used to chase when I was younger not so much now. If I get no interest on 1st message I move on plenty more fish in the sea. They more you chase the more you feed into their ego or maybe they just don't really fancy you! why waste time I say

This is the kind of attitude I really struggle with on fab. Because it doesn't just pervade fab but the general populace, although the men of fab are far, far more vocal about it.

I am no more or less successful in finding a partner or one off fling on fab, who meets what I'm looking for, than I am 'in the street'.

What I'm looking for, who I'm willing to meet doesn't change depending on my location.

But I got a lot more abuse on fab than anywhere else, telling me I was entitled, thinking I could "punch above my weight". On my couples profile with my ex we had one couple go on a huge rant aimed at my ex asking if I was a pity fuck, how could someone who worked so hard at their body bare to be with someone who obviously didn't (I mean... I did. We trained and ran together. He know how hard I worked)

Now, as I've lost weight that abuse has lessened. I'm sure by the time I've finished that process and had my tummy tuck even more men will think my having prefernces and opinions even more valid.

Basically this rant boils down to:

No one is 'better' or more 'entitled', beauty is completely in the eye of the beholder, as is bodily autonomy. Nobody owes anyone a fuck, or desire.

Appreciate if someone finds you attractive, be polite in declining if they are not for you....

And in direct answer to the OP.

I don't think a large proportion of men actually put a huge punt of effort in - I don't count sending copypasta to every woman online in a 50 mile radius as effort. "

I think you're absolutely right and that comment smacks of entitlement. I wouldn't look at you twice in the street so you should be grateful and respond to my messages and advances.

What she said

Used to chase when I was younger not so much now. If I get no interest on 1st message I move on plenty more fish in the sea. They more you chase the more you feed into their ego or maybe they just don't really fancy you! why waste time I say"

Exactly this why waste your time. I don’t chase anyone especially when you know you are one of many chasing them.

How much effort is it to wink or send a message like "Hi, what you up to" to dozens of women in your locality? And add a status every couple of days along the lines of "anyone want fun?".

90% of the men who message me do the above. And if I say not interested, they message me with the same message the next week. I won't applaud that. I make more effort on the forum than those guys do messaging.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I see some women on here live for fab and the adoration they get from people on here. They believe all the smoke blown up their arses telling them they are the sexiest and best woman on here and actually start to believe they are fab 'elite'. A lot of these people are the same ones who share others personal info especially if they can get info on people who don't agree with them or have seen through the false personality they show in public.They actually believe they are powerful and can destroy others on here if they choose .And yes I can say this because I've seen how they attack others in groups and tell them to leave fab as they have blacklisted them as though they think they have a right to do that on here. No one has a right to do that to anyone on here and no one is powerful on here despite what they may believe. They are also some of the ones who use the don't you know who I am line when told no by a man.

So I don't think men are more addicted to fab there are just as many women who are. It may be for different reasons but it happens.

I think really the trick is to be realistic and comfortable with your expectations. When I first joined Fab on my original profile years ago, in my naivety I thought it would be a fuck-fest, but quickly learned the truth of it.

Now I have set my expecations to zero, so when I'm pretty much ignored every time I log on, my experience matches my expectations and therefore I dont feel disapponted.

By *ex HolesMan  over a year ago

Up North

The mountain comes to Rex not the other way round

"The mountain comes to Rex not the other way round "

You're page one of hot pics, you don't need to anything but sit pretty

» Add a new message to this topic