FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Cervical/uterine cancer/problems

Cervical/uterine cancer/problems

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I know I have to go for colposcopy, which I don't have a problem with but as I've been up all night in pain, I wondered if anyone has been through uterine probblems resulting in surgery and how long a recovery etc ec. I'm quite medical-savvy; I know the possibilities of what this might/might not be, just wanted to ask others' opinion. There is no-one to look after me afterwards and that worries me.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

A hysterectomy would result in about 8 weeks off work, with no driving or lifting etc., as informed to me by a family friend who had it done in her early 40s.

Good luck, I don't wish this on anyone!

I had something similar and also had no one to look after me. My big fear was needing more surgery which thankfully didn't happen

Just make sure you take the precautions about limiting infection. I only waited 4 weeks before having sex and gave myself several weeks of painful extra recovery time.

Cali

I had a colposcopy approx 3 years ago and don't want to ever experience that again...thankfully results were clear and no surgery was required

Good luck and hope all works out well x

Age plays a factor in it too

My sister had a hysterectomy at 21 and was told the younger you are the quicker your body adapts to the change and surgery, she was back at work in about 3 weeks where as my mother who was in her 50s took a good 3 months tro fully recover

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks for your replies. All I can do is cross my fingers as soounds like hysterectomy is not an option for me. Life eh? Bugger at times

I've had a few colposcopys now, I'm not going to lie after its a very funny sensation to be honest. The only way I could describe it hmm a ice cold spoon being put inside you and twisted around. Make sure you take plenty of paracetamol and I'm sure you will be ok. Next stage after that is a coln biopsy I had alot of problems with that but that was just me. I hope things are ok for you Hun keep me posted xxx

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I've friends and relatives who've had hysterectomies, and they've mostly been better than they were led to believe it could have been for them.

As for you, then I really do wish that you get lots of support, whether physical and practical help, as well as people to care emotionally for you. My dad has cancer, just been rushed to hospital this afternoon, as chemo's not going well, and even if someone has cancer, there's lots that can be done, and treatment is so much better than it used to be.

Overall, keep yourself healthy and welcome any offers of help, as they'll all be well meaning - sorry this isn't all specific to what your condition may be, but you're in my thoughts.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I've been through similar. I had some advice to build my core muscles before the procedures. I don't know if it lessened the pain (it was painful) but my recovery time was better than expected.

You should also try and arrange some help just for the first couple of days.

Good luck.

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

as your profile is hidden im uncertain how old you are and i believe this does have a bearing on recovery times .. my sister has recently had a hysterectomy about a month ago and is still unable to look after herself fully. My parents make an 80 mile round trip to look after her as she is still unable to do simple things like .. take the dog for a walk... go shopping etc.. i would maybe have a chat with your GP if you have no one to help you out and look after you as i feel you will struggle ..best of luck with things any way X

By *inktherapyCouple  over a year ago

Gloucester

I had a hysterectomy just before my 40th birthday. I had penetrative sex just under 3 weeks after (some light play before that) and was driving (but not far) after 3 weeks. I was also lifting/ carrying an 8 month old baby who was still fully breastfed (and who I still fed for the several days I was in hospital)

I was very tired for weeks but was very anaemic - I bled a lot during my op and they had problems stopping it. I then refused to take iron tablets and also refused a transfusion (was at borderline level for needing one but the fact I was feeding my youngest didn't help me) It took me months and months to get my hb levels back up to approaching normal, but that was my choice.

Aside from the anaemia/ tiredness my op went well and I would have been out of hospital within 48 hours without the bleed complication

» Add a new message to this topic