FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Any footy fans

Any footy fans

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

WTF just heard on the TV the cheapest ticket on sale for the Arsenal vs Tottenham game today is £89.00 FFS and they moan about attendances

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

arsenal ain't moaning about attendances. they're always full up

Atmosphere of a library tho

"WTF just heard on the TV the cheapest ticket on sale for the Arsenal vs Tottenham game today is £89.00 FFS and they moan about attendances"

Shocking! Suppy and demand at work though I suppose.

"WTF just heard on the TV the cheapest ticket on sale for the Arsenal vs Tottenham game today is £89.00 FFS and they moan about attendances"

crazy eh!? then again I can see the advantage for the gooners. A costly N London derby will price out the travelling fans. Ideal for LOCALS which is what the derby's all about!

both SCUM tho!

By *xodussxMan  over a year ago

sheffield

NFL game 2 weeks ago at wembley..ticket gone for £457...and no moaning...And you are talking about Arsenal, not Doncaster Rover or Burnley....

£89 was the cheapest price for non members my mate payed slightly less still a rip off though no matter how you look at it.

"£89 was the cheapest price for non members my mate payed slightly less still a rip off though no matter how you look at it.

"

Non members moaning about ticket prices ain't gonna wash with the clubs.

The membership schemes are there for a reason.

Years ago I was trying to get tickets at Stamford Bridge and couldn't get any as as I left the old ticket office I bumped into Ken Bates and had the following conversation:

Me: This is bollocks Ken,I was coming here when we were at the bottom of the second division and you couldn't get 10000 in and now I can't get tickets

Bates: Are you a member?

Me: No

Bates: Well fuck off then

I hear you've still to pay to get into ibrox lol

"I hear you've still to pay to get into ibrox lol "

Yeah thats right and yet a couple of weeks ago there was more people at Ibrox than at every spl game the same day combined!! I think that tells a story

Great customer service from Ken Bates lol.

I stopped going to games regularly years ago membership is only worth while if you go often.

Fans shouldnt complain really just stay away as long as the money comes in the clubs are happy.

"Great customer service from Ken Bates lol.

I stopped going to games regularly years ago membership is only worth while if you go often.

Fans shouldnt complain really just stay away as long as the money comes in the clubs are happy."

we don't go that often but my son and I pay £32 each a year for membership.

What it does do is allow us to pick and choose what games we do go to.

Theres very few if any left after membership allocation is taken up. Works out we're paying maybe £7 or £8 supplement for the games we do go to but still a lot cheaper than touts/booking agencies. Now they do take the piss

"I hear you've still to pay to get into ibrox lol

Yeah thats right and yet a couple of weeks ago there was more people at Ibrox than at every spl game the same day combined!! I think that tells a story "

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

you can say that.... but for example..for league cup home games they only charge a tenner.....

so it works both ways....

anyway I am saving my "state of north london" address for 90 minutes...

By *arry_UkMan  over a year ago

birmingham

Football's bubble will burst... People cannot afford these prices...

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

good grief

go the pub and watch it instead

(Yes I know I'm a bit late with the advice )

It's why I stopped going , I use to find out of a whole season you might find say 4 or 5 games that are really good the rest are like watching paint dry ! They put my season ticket up 18percent I paid that then the following year another 15percent , I handed my 2 books in an walked away .

It's needs the fans from every club to get togeather and say no!

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

Just like to say come on you baggies

Some people love football. Others like going to gigs

Tickets for KoL at the o2 are £73

Everythings expensive

"Just like to say come on you baggies "

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

"Just like to say come on you baggies

"

Up to fourth hospital be full with nose bleeds around here

By *ucky_LadsCouple (MM)  over a year ago

Kidderminster+ surrounding areas.

BOING!,BOING!.

another baggies fan (seymour)here,former regular brummie road ender for years but priced out of watching live footy now.

another good home result for the baggies today,our local rivals villa got well & truly stuffed will make it a great weekend!.

I'm forever blowing bubbles, pretty bubbles in the air.........

Least for the money arsenal play good football and have champions league. As a villa fan the prices are reasonable until you realise your paying to watch a team lose nearly every game lol

Yeah thats right and yet a couple of weeks ago there was more people at Ibrox than at every spl game the same day combined!! I think that tells a story

Lol yeah, the big teams were all away games, ibrox was a home game, yip tells a story lol

"

By *nfieldishCouple  over a year ago

Enfield

"WTF just heard on the TV the cheapest ticket on sale for the Arsenal vs Tottenham game today is £89.00 FFS and they moan about attendances

crazy eh!? then again I can see the advantage for the gooners. A costly N London derby will price out the travelling fans. Ideal for LOCALS which is what the derby's all about!

both SCUM tho! "

Ouch!

I went, took a friend and got him a ticket two days beforehand for £45.

You could definitely pay £89 in certain seats though.

Odd that such a big game had tickets available so late. I think loads of fans were selling theirs on the exchange as they couldn't face watching it!

"NFL game 2 weeks ago at wembley..ticket gone for £457...and no moaning...And you are talking about Arsenal, not Doncaster Rover or Burnley.... "
...whoo slow down how can u compare doncaster with the mighty clarets ...burnley was.is.a founder member of the football league 1882 .. and town ratio to attendance burnley are in the top 5 in the country ...NFL wtf ...

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

love all you fans of the greedy league moaning about admission prices

try supporting your lower league clubs

my team oldham £18 in league one

mind its only £10 for an under 16 season ticket

"NFL game 2 weeks ago at wembley..ticket gone for £457...and no moaning...And you are talking about Arsenal, not Doncaster Rover or Burnley.... ...whoo slow down how can u compare doncaster with the mighty clarets ...burnley was.is.a founder member of the football league 1882 .. and town ratio to attendance burnley are in the top 5 in the country ...NFL wtf ..."

Just a couple of snippets about my hometown club, Doncaster Rovers. They were founded in 1875 & turned professional in 1885. There is a connection between the Rovers, Manchester United and a world record transfer fee. That is in 1957 Rovers sold their goalkeeper to United for a then world record fee of £23,000. Who was he? It was the great Harry Gregg.

As a season ticket holder for my local team (sunderland) i can honestly say every single premiership team overprice there seats but none more so than the london teams there prices are always the highest.

By *upitersmileCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Up untill a couple of years ago the school my girls go to used to have 30 man city tickets for every home game at just £5. They never sold them all! Lol

Yeah thats right and yet a couple of weeks ago there was more people at Ibrox than at every spl game the same day combined!! I think that tells a story "

If you are stupid enough to still enjoy footy, go ahead and spend your cash.

Football represents all that is wrong with society:

Over indulged, uneducated "stars" with little or no morals who make obscene amouts of money and spend it not so wisely...

Dodgy refereeing, mafia bosses buying clubs, politicians in collusion with clubs, broadcasters and advertisers corrupting the game... The list goes on and on... Starts with the head of FIFA and ends...

An absolute disgrace and a waste of time and money!!!

"

"

it's a good job the rest of society is in good order or where would be!!!

"If you are stupid enough to still enjoy footy, go ahead and spend your cash.

Over indulged, uneducated "stars" with little or no morals who make obscene amouts of money and spend it not so wisely...

Dodgy refereeing, mafia bosses buying clubs, politicians in collusion with clubs, broadcasters and advertisers corrupting the game... The list goes on and on... Starts with the head of FIFA and ends...

An absolute disgrace and a waste of time and money!!!"

Well, that's the Premier league out of the way then. Next.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

An absolute disgrace and a waste of time and money!!!"

or b, gives pleasure to millions of people

An absolute disgrace and a waste of time and money!!!

or b, gives pleasure to millions of people"

So does smoking, that does not make it a good thing.

Someone said religion was "the opium of the people" I think football is!

heavens forbid Stoke never increase their prices.. They would never get bums on seats!

"

Someone said religion was "the opium of the people" I think football is!"

Sort of, Karl Marx said religion is the opium of the masses, the difference if it needs pointing out is that football is a sport and pastime that despite it's myriad problems is more of a unifying force than say oooh, religion, which seeks to control the masses in it's thrall which is more of what Marx was driving at.

By *eavenNhellCouple  over a year ago

carrbrook stalybridge

"

Someone said religion was "the opium of the people" I think football is!

Sort of, Karl Marx said religion is the opium of the masses, the difference if it needs pointing out is that football is a sport and pastime that despite it's myriad problems is more of a unifying force than say oooh, religion, which seeks to control the masses in it's thrall which is more of what Marx was driving at."

think you need to goto an oldfirm derby ( you may have to wait a couple of years ) footba gets very very close to a religion north of the border

By *ooking219682Couple  over a year ago

on tour

£6 at Rhyl..won 11-1 this weekend. Pies aren't bad either

Otherwise a big long trek down South to mighty Cherryland for £18.

Premiership zzzzzz

By *acandJulesCouple  over a year ago

Stockton on Tees

It does tell a story Entitled “Pay your TAX Bill and stay in the SPL” alas Rangers choose to try a little fiddle and look at them now!!!

I'm gonna sound really old here but, what happened to football being a game on a muddy field where people just went and stood on sidelines to watch lol.

Far to much money involved in football, as well as other proffessions that could be used on cleaning up the mess the country is currently in.

Just my personal opinion.

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

go to any town and lots of villages on a sunday morning and you can still indeed stand by a muddy pitch and watch the game at grass roots level its not gone away.

"I'm gonna sound really old here but, what happened to football being a game on a muddy field where people just went and stood on sidelines to watch lol.

Far to much money involved in football, as well as other proffessions that could be used on cleaning up the mess the country is currently in.

Just my personal opinion."

Football isn't publically funded, you may argue that too much money goes to the top level players but the money it generates is the same as any other business selling a product and as for the top earners, are they supposed to turn the money down?

I still can't get over Carlos Tevez payslip id be happy with his tax lol.

"I'm gonna sound really old here but, what happened to football being a game on a muddy field where people just went and stood on sidelines to watch lol.

Just my personal opinion."

Your opinion shows you know nothing about football or how it's financed. Read the many football-related threads on here and you might begin to understand it.

It does tell a story Entitled “Pay your TAX Bill and stay in the SPL” alas Rangers choose to try a little fiddle and look at them now!!! "

hmmmmmm what was the ruling just made - all legal and above board???

And still filling their magnificent stadium xx

It does tell a story Entitled “Pay your TAX Bill and stay in the SPL” alas Rangers choose to try a little fiddle and look at them now!!!

hmmmmmm what was the ruling just made - all legal and above board???

And still filling their magnificent stadium xx"

Mmmm nope they owed tax man , that wasn't and still isn't in doubt. , the appeal was the monies underhandedly dished out to players, , hard will appeal the appealed decision , John terry was cleared from the courts, but the f.a still found him guilty, same at present as the gers, the sfa will find them guilty of underhanded payments and issue sanctions regarding stripping of trophys and medals for breaking footballing rules , o and yes it is a magnificent stadium , have been there many times, I'm a football fan not a die hard 1 club supporter

one game this season arsenal's cheapest ticket was £120. and it was still a sell out.

people will continue to pay and a club like arsenal have over 80,000 people on season ticket waiting lists.

» Add a new message to this topic