FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Prison Warning

Prison Warning

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

A local drug dealer who pleaded guilty was warned that his sentence may end up with a spell in prison when he re appears for sentencing. Why do these judges warn these guys. Surely it increases the risk of them doing a runner ..

It's all over the local paper

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

Two days training and send these criminals to the eastern Ukraine front line

They may last a week, cheaper than paying out for their Tv and Netflix in HM prisons

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"Two days training and send these criminals to the eastern Ukraine front line

They may last a week, cheaper than paying out for their Tv and Netflix in HM prisons "

Why would the Ukraine or Russian forces want petty criminals conscripted to their armed forces?

By *ormorantMan  over a year ago

Lincolnshire

[Removed by poster at 13/07/22 19:42:15]

Lincolnshire

They may last a week, cheaper than paying out for their Tv and Netflix in HM prisons

Why would the Ukraine or Russian forces want petty criminals conscripted to their armed forces?"

Exactly the Russians want murderers and that word you can’t say that has apist in it

By *ty31Man  over a year ago

NW London

"A local drug dealer who pleaded guilty was warned that his sentence may end up with a spell in prison when he re appears for sentencing. Why do these judges warn these guys. Surely it increases the risk of them doing a runner ..

It's all over the local paper "

Boring answer- I think it gives them a chance to make arrangements with regards to personal belongings/family commitments etc

"A local drug dealer who pleaded guilty was warned that his sentence may end up with a spell in prison when he re appears for sentencing. Why do these judges warn these guys. Surely it increases the risk of them doing a runner ..

It's all over the local paper

Boring answer- I think it gives them a chance to make arrangements with regards to personal belongings/family commitments etc"

Yes

Unusual fir dealing as they'd normally be remanded, quite common for other non violent crimes

By *ilfCrumpet9Man  over a year ago

Wirral

Chain gangs to clean the roads and make them work on farms fruit picking. They have it too comfortable we need prisons like abroad so it deters them from re offending.

This is my opinion so it may offend some people

By *ilfCrumpet9Man  over a year ago

Wirral

Recent news that putin is looking into Russian prisons to recruit soldiers due to heavy loses. Desperate times

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

"Chain gangs to clean the roads and make them work on farms fruit picking. They have it too comfortable we need prisons like abroad so it deters them from re offending.

This is my opinion so it may offend some people "

personally I think certain criminals should be put up against a wall and shot and as for repeat offenders I agree with you’re points above give them jobs in the community plenty of dog shit needs picking and parks cleaned

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

If they are not remanded in custody it means they are less serious crimes more often than not Or that they are not deemed a serious and current risk to the public. Some of the answers above are shocking and in my opinion exactly what is wrong with society. Society is judged by how we treat are most vulnerable and our prisoners. I almost guarantee the majority of you that want some criminals killing or humiliating them condemned what Putin's soldiers did in Ukraine.

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

As a former addict that dealt to feed a habit, some of the views on here are a little disheartening

Prison is about rehabilitation. It’s not meant to be punishment

Stick a dealer in prison as a punishment and what happens when he comes out? He’s got no skills, no aspects and now a criminal record. Straight back to dealing because that all he knows

Stick a dealer in prison where he can study, pass exams, get experience, learn about his problems and become a better person? He might actually make something of himself

"As a former addict that dealt to feed a habit, some of the views on here are a little disheartening

Stick a dealer in prison as a punishment and what happens when he comes out? He’s got no skills, no aspects and now a criminal record. Straight back to dealing because that all he knows

Stick a dealer in prison where he can study, pass exams, get experience, learn about his problems and become a better person? He might actually make something of himself "

Prison is meant to be a punishment alongside rehabilitation. If it was just about rehabilitation we wouldn't have as many people in prison as they would be rehabilitated in the community. The whole point of prison is to take away people's basic rights in life such as family and choice.

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Why would the Ukraine or Russian forces want petty criminals conscripted to their armed forces?

Exactly the Russians want murderers and that word you can’t say that has apist in it"

I thought it was the SAS that recruited murderers?

Mr

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

"Chain gangs to clean the roads and make them work on farms fruit picking. They have it too comfortable we need prisons like abroad so it deters them from re offending.

This is my opinion so it may offend some people "

Have a look at the actual prisons that work to stop re-offending. Look it up.

Our prisons are over-crowded, with bad food and conditions. People re-offend for many reasons, but the comfort of the prison is usually a reason for the extremely destitute and lonely.

w

"As a former addict that dealt to feed a habit, some of the views on here are a little disheartening

Stick a dealer in prison where he can study, pass exams, get experience, learn about his problems and become a better person? He might actually make something of himself

Prison is meant to be a punishment alongside rehabilitation. If it was just about rehabilitation we wouldn't have as many people in prison as they would be rehabilitated in the community. The whole point of prison is to take away people's basic rights in life such as family and choice. "

My point is that some in this thread are acting like it’s entirely punishment

Which it’s not

Prison is meant to be a punishment alongside rehabilitation. If it was just about rehabilitation we wouldn't have as many people in prison as they would be rehabilitated in the community. The whole point of prison is to take away people's basic rights in life such as family and choice.

Which it’s not "

In fairness punishment is the purpose of prison but I agree some of the views are extreme. Rehabilitation in prison when done properly has good results but often that isn't the case. It's like institution it works for some but not others.

Lincolnshire

The Swedes have had spectacular results focussing on rehab rather than punishment…

Maybe something to consider…

"The Swedes have had spectacular results focussing on rehab rather than punishment…

Maybe something to consider…"

Yeah but when people talk about other regimes they think more along the draconian systems like America, China or Korea

By *rambuie100Man  over a year ago

essex/suffolk border

"Recent news that putin is looking into Russian prisons to recruit soldiers due to heavy loses. Desperate times "

Working with a Ukranian refugee. He a nice guy, fled with young family.

Seeing some of the videos he has, Putin is losing loads of troops big time.

Saw a video from inside that shopping centre. That's never been on tv here. No details revealed. But 1 image made me walk away and shed a tear It will stay with me forever.

Lets hope Putin’s toys get back in the pram swiftly. Beware the woken bear of the north !!

Chelmsford

Is the food that bad?

Three meals a day and Christmas Dinner ?

w

Which it’s not

In fairness punishment is the purpose of prison but I agree some of the views are extreme. Rehabilitation in prison when done properly has good results but often that isn't the case. It's like institution it works for some but not others. "

I disagree, I think the view that prison is punishment is why we have the issues we have.

Look at the Scandinavian countries that focus on rehabilitation. They are getting much better results

Which it’s not

In fairness punishment is the purpose of prison but I agree some of the views are extreme. Rehabilitation in prison when done properly has good results but often that isn't the case. It's like institution it works for some but not others.

I disagree, I think the view that prison is punishment is why we have the issues we have.

Look at the Scandinavian countries that focus on rehabilitation. They are getting much better results "

Everyone knows the whole point of prison is punishment and they rehabilitate you while you are there. I think part of the problem is people that commit crimes don't think they should be punished!

By *hin_chillinWoman  over a year ago

secret location Cork

Stick a dealer in prison where he can study, pass exams, get experience, learn about his problems and become a better person? He might actually make something of himself "

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

They may last a week, cheaper than paying out for their Tv and Netflix in HM prisons "

Bit harsh for a minor offense. Sounds like something Stalin would have done.

w

Which it’s not

Look at the Scandinavian countries that focus on rehabilitation. They are getting much better results

Everyone knows the whole point of prison is punishment and they rehabilitate you while you are there. I think part of the problem is people that commit crimes don't think they should be punished!"

I think what you mean is your opinion of what prison is

There is no definition. Being tortured in a North Korean prison camp is still prison, so is being given a chance to redo your GSCEs and learning job skills

It’s whatever you make it and in my opinion, rehabilitation gets better results than punishment. We can agree to disagree

By *ik MMan  over a year ago

Lancashire

The ‘punishment’ for somebody being sent to prison is their loss of liberty. Prisons here in the UK are not there to punish and their primary role is to rehabilitate. Whether or not rehabilitation works is a different debate though…

Lincolnshire

Exactly the Russians want murderers and that word you can’t say that has apist in it

Yep, the same SAS who for decades have fought for freedom and freedom of speech which allows you to have and air your thoughts.

Mr"

By *ce WingerMan  over a year ago

P.O. Box DE1 0NQ

"Is the food that bad?

Three meals a day and Christmas Dinner ?"

I shouldn't imagine that it's any worse than anything Heston Blumenthal creates

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

If he pleaded guilty I assume he was on remand?

Which it’s not

Everyone knows the whole point of prison is punishment and they rehabilitate you while you are there. I think part of the problem is people that commit crimes don't think they should be punished!

There is no definition. Being tortured in a North Korean prison camp is still prison, so is being given a chance to redo your GSCEs and learning job skills

It’s whatever you make it and in my opinion, rehabilitation gets better results than punishment. We can agree to disagree "

It's not my opinion it's literally the dictionary definition.

A building in which people are legally held as a punishment for a crime they have committed or while awaiting trial.

evesham

Prison is meant to be a punishment alongside rehabilitation. If it was just about rehabilitation we wouldn't have as many people in prison as they would be rehabilitated in the community. The whole point of prison is to take away people's basic rights in life such as family and choice. "

Not really. They still have the right to family life. That's why they have visits and access to pin phones and mail etc. They can get married in prison. The loss of liberty is the punishment.

Not really. They still have the right to family life. That's why they have visits and access to pin phones and mail etc. They can get married in prison. The loss of liberty is the punishment. "

I didn't say family life I said family meaning they cannot start one in prison.

evesham

Not really. They still have the right to family life. That's why they have visits and access to pin phones and mail etc. They can get married in prison. The loss of liberty is the punishment.

I didn't say family life I said family meaning they cannot start one in prison. "

Oh ok

evesham

I didn't say family life I said family meaning they cannot start one in prison.

Oh ok "

Although the inside times says that prisoners can apply for IVF so that's not strictly true either.

Which it’s not

It’s whatever you make it and in my opinion, rehabilitation gets better results than punishment. We can agree to disagree

A building in which people are legally held as a punishment for a crime they have committed or while awaiting trial."

In fairness thats a binary definition of the word prison in the context of a building.

If you look at the wider judiciary and the government's own websites there is plenty about rehabilitation and a government white paper from December 2021 is very progressive in the focus on rehabilitation and support for addiction.

By *ames-77Man  over a year ago

milton keynes

Is this what people come on fab for now ?

Which it’s not

A building in which people are legally held as a punishment for a crime they have committed or while awaiting trial.

In fairness thats a binary definition of the word prison in the context of a building.

If you look at the wider judiciary and the government's own websites there is plenty about rehabilitation and a government white paper from December 2021 is very progressive in the focus on rehabilitation and support for addiction. "

I'm very aware however the primary purpose of prison is punishment by loss of liberty. They then rehabilitate you once you are there. You do not have to accept attempts at rehabilitation or addiction support whilst in prison.

By *ubal1Man  over a year ago

Newry Down

Penolologists and expert criminologists know that the aetiology of crime and criminal behaviour is complex, and that the long term solution to crime is even more complex.

A highly respected UK jurist, a judge, stated several years ago that when future generations look back at crime and how punishment was dispensed today, it will look like the stone age!

The vast majority of people in prison come from impoverished and highly dysfunctional backgroundswith a history of abuse, violence, alcohol and drug abuse and low educational attainment

Broadmoor, Rampton Ashworth and Carstairs exist to deal with the criminally insane, at the most extreme level.

Sweden has an enlightened and highly successful criminal justice system.

Life sentences, even whole life orders is ineffective at detering murderers, such as Levi Belfield or Peter Sutcliffe.

Chelmsford

I am pretty sure that prisoners are allowed to consumate a marriage on prison although I am not sure how long they are given or whether regular checks are made by the prison warders through the spyhole...

"Is this what people come on fab for now ? "

No it's what some people come on to the forums for though.

"I am pretty sure that prisoners are allowed to consumate a marriage on prison although I am not sure how long they are given or whether regular checks are made by the prison warders through the spyhole..."

Not on UK prisons you can't, They do not allow conjucal visits.

Chelmsford

There is a high profile prisoner once dubbed the most dangerous who is asking for freedom.. I think he calls himself Charles Bronson. He is getting old now so not sure if he poses a great go the wilder public

evesham

You've been here long enough, surely? You're not new to the forums.

Chelmsford

"I am pretty sure that prisoners are allowed to consumate a marriage on prison although I am not sure how long they are given or whether regular checks are made by the prison warders through the spyhole...

Not on UK prisons you can't, They do not allow conjucal visits. "

I think they allow newlyweds to have intercourse because it would be against the law to deny them

evesham

Which it’s not

If you look at the wider judiciary and the government's own websites there is plenty about rehabilitation and a government white paper from December 2021 is very progressive in the focus on rehabilitation and support for addiction.

I'm very aware however the primary purpose of prison is punishment by loss of liberty. They then rehabilitate you once you are there. You do not have to accept attempts at rehabilitation or addiction support whilst in prison. "

You don't buy not doing so will go against you in any parole considerations when it comes to that point of your sentence.

Which it’s not

I'm very aware however the primary purpose of prison is punishment by loss of liberty. They then rehabilitate you once you are there. You do not have to accept attempts at rehabilitation or addiction support whilst in prison.

You don't buy not doing so will go against you in any parole considerations when it comes to that point of your sentence. "

Actually in many cases no it doesn't. You have no obligation whatsoever to receive rehabilitation in prison.

"I am pretty sure that prisoners are allowed to consumate a marriage on prison although I am not sure how long they are given or whether regular checks are made by the prison warders through the spyhole...

I think they allow newlyweds to have intercourse because it would be against the law to deny them"

I'm afraid you're wrong it is not allowed and does not happen in uk prisons.

Chelmsford

I think they allow newlyweds to have intercourse because it would be against the law to deny them

I'm afraid you're wrong it is not allowed and does not happen in uk prisons. "

Although not legal the wardens turn a blind eye

Newry Down

"There is a high profile prisoner once dubbed the most dangerous who is asking for freedom.. I think he calls himself Charles Bronson. He is getting old now so not sure if he poses a great go the wilder public"

Charles Bronson is a name he adopted by Deed Poll.

He is not actually in a prison; I think he is in Broadmoor which is a NHS facility, a maximum security hospital which warehouses and attempts to treat the most dangerous members of society.

The cost per patient per year is astronomical: hundreds of thousands of pounds!

Chelmsford

"There is a high profile prisoner once dubbed the most dangerous who is asking for freedom.. I think he calls himself Charles Bronson. He is getting old now so not sure if he poses a great go the wilder public

He is not actually in a prison; I think he is in Broadmoor which is a NHS facility, a maximum security hospital which warehouses and attempts to treat the most dangerous members of society.

The cost per patient per year is astronomical: hundreds of thousands of pounds! "

I suppose it's down to the doctor's to decide if he walks free

evesham

Although not legal the wardens turn a blind eye "

There's no such thing as a warden

evesham

"There is a high profile prisoner once dubbed the most dangerous who is asking for freedom.. I think he calls himself Charles Bronson. He is getting old now so not sure if he poses a great go the wilder public

The cost per patient per year is astronomical: hundreds of thousands of pounds!

I suppose it's down to the doctor's to decide if he walks free"

Nope

Although not legal the wardens turn a blind eye "

No they don't Tom. They would be breaking the law if they left a prisoner alone with a relative.

Chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 13/07/22 22:14:26]

Chelmsford

No they don't Tom. They would be breaking the law if they left a prisoner alone with a relative. "

Exactly...but often after a search they let newlyweds canoodle..

They are showing compassion..

It's called common sense..

I think we have to remember when discussing sensitive topics such as this there are always victims on the other side and they should absolutely not to be forgotten in these types of discussions.

No they don't Tom. They would be breaking the law if they left a prisoner alone with a relative.

It's called common sense.. "

It's not called common sense Tom you have your liberties taken away whilst in prison and having sex with your husband/wife or partner is one of those liberties that is taken away.

evesham

It's called common sense.. "

Nope.

Chelmsford

Nope. "

We are talking newlyweds.. if the marriage is not consumed then it's not a lawful marriage

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Yep, the same SAS who for decades have fought for freedom and freedom of speech which allows you to have and air your thoughts.

Mr"

They have? I'm interested to know which wars the SAS have fought for freedom of speech in.

Anyway, that's not my point. My point is about the cognitive dissonance required to consider Russian soldiers murderers when they commit war crimes but defend our soldiers from anyone even daring to suggest they may have just occasionally murdered civilians. Excuses like having to fight an enemy that isn't always in uniform are obviously good enough to exonerate SAS soldiers but not Russians.

Either way, I can tell from your comments on here that you're not actually interested in anything like truth or justice a faur treatment for all. Morality for you is based very much on the idea that anyone in your in group is good and wholesome, everyone outside that is scum that deserves to suffer. This last group includes (as you've demostrated on recent threads) Afghans, Russians and criminals

Mr

Nope.

We are talking newlyweds.. if the marriage is not consumed then it's not a lawful marriage "

It's still not legal the couple literally get 30 minutes after the ceremony With the rest of the wedding party me in the Chapel with the prison guards and Chaplin. Prisoners are not automatically entitled to marry in prison and have to have permission from the prison governor. All of this was discussed quite heavily in the news recently when Leroy Bellfield applied to be able to marry in prison.

The cost per patient per year is astronomical: hundreds of thousands of pounds! "

I think he's in Wakefield, he's definitely in a prison rather than a secure mental health unit

I think this is the forum at its best, intelligent discussion on a thought provoking topc and differing opinions presented respectfully

Chelmsford

Should he be free...didn't he go in for low level crime and they keep extending his sentences for bad behaviour

Lincolnshire

Mr

They have? I'm interested to know which wars the SAS have fought for freedom of speech in.

Anyway, that's not my point. My point is about the cognitive dissonance required to consider Russian soldiers murderers when they commit war crimes but defend our soldiers from anyone even daring to suggest they may have just occasionally murdered civilians. Excuses like having to fight an enemy that isn't always in uniform are obviously good enough to exonerate SAS soldiers but not Russians.

Either way, I can tell from your comments on here that you're not actually interested in anything like truth or justice a faur treatment for all. Morality for you is based very much on the idea that anyone in your in group is good and wholesome, everyone outside that is scum that deserves to suffer. This last group includes (as you've demostrated on recent threads) Afghans, Russians and criminals

Mr"

Think you need to re press the green button and re read my comments. I have never mentioned Afghans and advocate rehabilitation for criminals.

Are you d*unk, have poor eyesight or just can’t read? Yep

"Should he be free...didn't he go in for low level crime and they keep extending his sentences for bad behaviour "

Armed robbery was his initial offence. I think when he held someone hostage for 2 days after multiple other violent incidents he pretty much condemned himself to a life inside

evesham

Nope.

We are talking newlyweds.. if the marriage is not consumed then it's not a lawful marriage "

That's not a thing

"Should he be free...didn't he go in for low level crime and they keep extending his sentences for bad behaviour

Armed robbery was his initial offence. I think when he held someone hostage for 2 days after multiple other violent incidents he pretty much condemned himself to a life inside"

Yes he held an art teacher hostage and dragged him around with a piece of rope tied round the poor guys neck for 2 days. He got a life sentence with a minimum of 3 years for that, I mean what is the point of sentencing someone to a life sentence if potentially they could only serve 3 years.

A lot of the replies to this thread are either deliberately ignorant or genuinely naive.

I work in a prison with the highest population of statutory prisoners. From sex offenders and murderers, down to short term offenders who might be serving as little as 30 days.

The prison system is inherently broken and ridiculously under-resourced. The waiting list for any programme work is infinite.

Talking about "TVs and Netflix in their cells" like they're animals. The punishment is the removal of their liberty. Prisoners rent their TV. They're put to work for a wage. They learn a routine and hopefully they're rehabilitated from their addiction/s. That's the bare minimum prisons are doing at the moment.

It's a piss-poor system and in my opinion a 3/6 month sentence is a total nonsense. It ruins anyones'chance of staying in paid employment, separates families and destabilises the prisoner, who receives absolutely no support.

milton keynes

It's all over the local paper "

Right where to start with this... I'm guessing he went to magistrates first and they can only serve 6 months so crown court is a clue your in for a spell.. the judge isn't going to have a word with him and warn him lol he will have a solicitor that will tell him what to expect.. you can't just do a runner you'll get caught up with.. I know all this from a friend lol

Chelmsford

Are there any ex convicts on fab and if so please share your experiences of the highs and lows of prison life

By *ust RachelTV/TS  over a year ago

Horsham

Why would the Ukraine or Russian forces want petty criminals conscripted to their armed forces?"

In WW2 the germans used criminals as stretchers bearers, mine clearance (by walking thrm in to a mibefield and waiting for them go blow one up) and basic general dogs bodies.

"A lot of the replies to this thread are either deliberately ignorant or genuinely naive.

I work in a prison with the highest population of statutory prisoners. From sex offenders and murderers, down to short term offenders who might be serving as little as 30 days.

The prison system is inherently broken and ridiculously under-resourced. The waiting list for any programme work is infinite.

Talking about "TVs and Netflix in their cells" like they're animals. The punishment is the removal of their liberty. Prisoners rent their TV. They're put to work for a wage. They learn a routine and hopefully they're rehabilitated from their addiction/s. That's the bare minimum prisons are doing at the moment.

It's a piss-poor system and in my opinion a 3/6 month sentence is a total nonsense. It ruins anyones'chance of staying in paid employment, separates families and destabilises the prisoner, who receives absolutely no support. "

This

Chelmsford

In WW2 the germans used criminals as stretchers bearers, mine clearance (by walking thrm in to a mibefield and waiting for them go blow one up) and basic general dogs bodies."

Surely not true...

Newry Down

Charles Bronson, the assumed name of a very dangerous prisoner is actually in Wood Hill prison outside Milton Kenyes, but he has been in all the major psychiatric facilities including Broadmoor, Ashworth and Rampton. Carstairs in Lanarkshire Scotland is reserved for Scottish and Northern Irish prisoners; it has recently been very significantly upgraded.

The most dangerous man in Broadmoor is probably Robert Napper, and the most dangerous female is Joanne Dennehy, although I am not aware of her exact location.

Essentially, prison is the last stage of a long line of failures for society!

The Scandinavians have the problem sussed much better than the UK or America.

The prison population in USA is predominantly of coloured persons; grossly out of proportion to their demographic percentage.

In WW2 the germans used criminals as stretchers bearers, mine clearance (by walking thrm in to a mibefield and waiting for them go blow one up) and basic general dogs bodies.

Surely not true...

"

Actually, that was a Russian practice. The Germans had the Dirlewanger Brigade, made up of murders and rapists. They committed some of the worst atrocities on the eastern front.

milton keynes

Google the Russian experiment ..mental but very interesting

» Add a new message to this topic