FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Drones and Police ‘Audits’

Drones and Police ‘Audits’

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *eisty Lady OP   Woman  over a year ago

Count Your Blessings Cottage, Gratitude Grove

I’m addicted to watching YouTube videos where cops lose the plot because people take photos outside of police stations, or God forbid fly a drone over one

Anyone else watching them?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *oger Yoo-DaylieMan  over a year ago

Wigan

Why would the ones doing the watching want to be watched?

Then they have to be accountable... they don't really like that

By *elvet RopeMan  over a year ago

by the big field

Whats the saying- if you've got nothing to hide.....?

"Why would the ones doing the watching want to be watched?

Then they have to be accountable... they don't really like that "

Haha they sure don’t

I’ve learned quite a bit about police requirements to tell you that you’re being filmed etc

I had an interaction with police last year and called him out on the fact he was using his BWC without disclosing it to me, he said he didn’t have to

LIAR erm yes he does

Good to see so many cops lose their jobs for assaulting members of the public too - it just shows how important it is to record interactions with police as so many can’t be trusted

"Whats the saying- if you've got nothing to hide.....?"

Absolutely, probably worried the drone will capture them having a shag around the back of the station, out of plain sight

Wigan

"Whats the saying- if you've got nothing to hide.....?

Absolutely, probably worried the drone will capture them having a shag around the back of the station, out of plain sight"

He was surely just polishing his helmet

Absolutely, probably worried the drone will capture them having a shag around the back of the station, out of plain sight

He was surely just polishing his helmet "

..:

I’ve been sent a few unsolicited pics from officers in uniform polishing their tackle … I’m waiting until I get to treble figures then will send a batch in to IOPC.

Wigan

..:

I’ve been sent a few unsolicited pics from officers in uniform polishing their tackle … I’m waiting until I get to treble figures then will send a batch in to IOPC. "

They'll just say they are ensuring their batons are in working order...

[Removed by poster at 13/07/22 01:20:49]

Baton’s, haha, more like water pistols

Small and nasty looking

By *he normal oneMan  over a year ago

Hereford

I’ve seen some of these “auditors “ you tube clips from two local mod bases, those of you with such knowledge will know by my location will know exactly what regiments use these bases. Anyway these individuals seem to get off on filming staff in their personal cars and also mod vehicles coming and going with out thoughts to the consequences of security of the staff, soldiers and families.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"I’ve seen some of these “auditors “ you tube clips from two local mod bases, those of you with such knowledge will know by my location will know exactly what regiments use these bases. Anyway these individuals seem to get off on filming staff in their personal cars and also mod vehicles coming and going with out thoughts to the consequences of security of the staff, soldiers and families."

^^^^ This for police also. I know of someone years ago who was filming officers leaving a station, as each car passed, he commented "cop car", so he was identifying personal cars of officers at the end of their shift. Don't know if anything happened to him.

By *ittleMissCaliWoman  over a year ago

trouble most likely, or creating it :)

..:

I’ve been sent a few unsolicited pics from officers in uniform polishing their tackle … I’m waiting until I get to treble figures then will send a batch in to IOPC. "

why oh why would you want to report them ... I take it you mean on fab?...

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

A couple of years ago I was almost knocked off my bike by a motorist who was using their phone. By chance I saw a police car who managed to stop the motorist.

Their attitude sucked, they told her nor to do it again and were about to let her go, I objected and pointed out that they hadn't even checked she had a licence and appeared to be basing their decision on the fact she was middle aged and middle class.

The 2 officers got increasingly aggressive and argumentative with me, particularly once I started filming them. They also insisted on my details for no reason.

Anyway my old job means I have direct contact with the Inspector running the force control room (this is not public information!), so about 10 minutes in I mentioned that is who i would be contacting with the footage.

Colour literally drained from their faces, couple of bullies who hated the fact that they were being called out

"I’ve seen some of these “auditors “ you tube clips from two local mod bases, those of you with such knowledge will know by my location will know exactly what regiments use these bases. Anyway these individuals seem to get off on filming staff in their personal cars and also mod vehicles coming and going with out thoughts to the consequences of security of the staff, soldiers and families."

It’s definitely a difficult subject, I don’t agree with drones going over buildings but if someone can record from a public space I don’t see why not.

It’s no different from viewers turning up and having a standing outside the place themselves

If businesses or organisations etc have an issue with cars being seen from a public space then they should block fencing off so people can’t see through, and out up better security

It seems that police like to film Joe Public but don’t like it when ordinary people video them back - hence why some officers turn aggressive or abusive if a camera is pointed at them

It’s also about accountability which I agree with

By *rontier PsychiatristMan  over a year ago

Coventry

You mean those guys trying to get an ego trip. The ones living out a hero of the people's fantasy when in reality they're just waisting people's time and making things difficult for public servants.

Don't get me wrong I'm very much for standing up for civil liberties. I'm very much for challenging abuse of authority. I'm very much for educating people on their rights. But there is a time and place for that. And most normal people know when the right time is to stand and when it is warranted.

These guy deliberately created situations when they are not warranted so they can live out their people's hero fantasies. It's all about their ego, not our liberties. I wish they'd stop wasting people's time.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

"You mean those guys trying to get an ego trip. The ones living out a hero of the people's fantasy when in reality they're just waisting people's time and making things difficult for public servants.

Don't get me wrong I'm very much for standing up for civil liberties. I'm very much for challenging abuse of authority. I'm very much for educating people on their rights. But there is a time and place for that. And most normal people know when the right time is to stand and when it is warranted.

These guy deliberately created situations when they are not warranted so they can live out their people's hero fantasies. It's all about their ego, not our liberties. I wish they'd stop wasting people's time."

I like the videos commenting on the auditors getting their arses handed to them

By *i_Blonde_BabeWoman  over a year ago

Cardiff or just passing through

I know a few members of the police force and they are really good people, salt of the earth, who joined up to make a difference. They put their lives on the line daily which is stressful as hell. I don’t get the police bashing mentality at all, every copper I’ve ever dealt with has been sensible and courteous as soon as they realise that you are too. Act like a dick and get treated like a dick.

By *teveanddebsCouple  over a year ago

Norwich

"I’m addicted to watching YouTube videos where cops lose the plot because people take photos outside of police stations, or God forbid fly a drone over one

Anyone else watching them?"

I like the ones where a civilian 'Karen' gets involved. Always good for a laugh.

Police stations are not CAA restricted airspace so there are no laws about flying over them.

But let's have a bit of common sence and just don't do it?

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

Why would you stand outside a Police Station taking videos anymore than outside a Fire Station or Butchers or Turf Accountants....? What's the fascination/obsession?

By *ones_BoothCouple  over a year ago

Solihull

"I’m addicted to watching YouTube videos where cops lose the plot because people take photos outside of police stations, or God forbid fly a drone over one

Anyone else watching them?"

read the drone code and licence/insurance and you will find its a no

By *icolerobbieCouple  over a year ago

walsall

"Why would you stand outside a Police Station taking videos anymore than outside a Fire Station or Butchers or Turf Accountants....? What's the fascination/obsession?

"

To provoke a response, create a deliberate confrontation in the hope that their video on YouTube goes viral and they earn more money through ad revenue.

By *ipvanwinkieMan  over a year ago

out of town!

"Why would you stand outside a Police Station taking videos anymore than outside a Fire Station or Butchers or Turf Accountants....? What's the fascination/obsession?

To provoke a response, create a deliberate confrontation in the hope that their video on YouTube goes viral and they earn more money through ad revenue.

"

^^^^^^

This x 100

By *ssex_tomMan  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Now Tom has no beef with the Chief of Police but what is sauce for the Goose is sauce for the Gander. How would these drone types like it if someone did the same at their home address with people doing the same to their family and friends. Behind every fed uniform is a human being. Remember that ! That's all Tom got to say on the matter

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

"I know a few members of the police force and they are really good people, salt of the earth, who joined up to make a difference. They put their lives on the line daily which is stressful as hell. I don’t get the police bashing mentality at all, every copper I’ve ever dealt with has been sensible and courteous as soon as they realise that you are too. Act like a dick and get treated like a dick. "

I have friends who are serving police officers. As individuals they are all good people.

Doesn't alter the fact that collectiveky there are huge problems with the police that need addressing

Pershore

"

Yes, I suppose so, and in doing so infringes the privacy of ordinary people visiting a Police Station.

By *usie pTV/TS  over a year ago

taunton

It does concern me that a lot of folks appear to think that we would be better off with out any police, already we are nearly lawless when it comes to more minor things and some not so minor for those on the receiving end. How the heck some of them stay in the service for years dealing with utter twats day in day out must be a massive strain, it must take some tolerating.

It depends on the tier of the station.

A tier one is a security station. Usually where they hold terrorists, violent criminals, drug barons etc and its understandable then, that the police get a bit funny when they see people filming. For all they know, you could be planning an attack. I think I'd feel the same in their shoes.

By *batMan  over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

Some angry people posting on this thread!

Gbat

Manchester (she/her)

"

Attention/ overinflated sense of importance/ monetising clicks

Vive la resistance

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

I haven't watched them, nor heard of them to be fair, however, I can see huge potential risks involved.

Some of those leaving and entering could surely be undercover and have that compromised.

Some of those leaving and entering could be civilians in real danger if it's discovered they've spoken with police.

The list goes on.

By *i-ManMan  over a year ago

Barton

"I haven't watched them, nor heard of them to be fair, however, I can see huge potential risks involved.

Some of those leaving and entering could surely be undercover and have that compromised.

Some of those leaving and entering could be civilians in real danger if it's discovered they've spoken with police.

The list goes on.

Well said and very true the potential risks are huge to both the individual and their families

"

"I haven't watched them, nor heard of them to be fair, however, I can see huge potential risks involved.

The list goes on.

"

^^^^^ Very much so!

Manchester (she/her)

The list goes on.

"

The auditors don't care. They know the Truth and they will defend Freedumb. The laws don't apply to them because they're Totes Cleverest. If other people suffer, then it's worth it for Freedumb. Their Patreon can be found at...

By *unkym34Man  over a year ago

London

Why not just let them got on a do what is a very difficult job. Most people who moan about them are the same people who would turn a blind eye if they saw some one getting mugged.

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

There’s a very good one where the MOD police calmly explain to an ‘auditor’ that it is illegal to film such a base, including pointing out the prominent and clearly worded signs stating that it’s a criminal offence under the OSA. He politely makes his excuses and leaves.

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

"I know a few members of the police force and they are really good people, salt of the earth, who joined up to make a difference. They put their lives on the line daily which is stressful as hell. I don’t get the police bashing mentality at all, every copper I’ve ever dealt with has been sensible and courteous as soon as they realise that you are too. Act like a dick and get treated like a dick. "

This. Very much this. I've had many dealings with the police over the years and they've always been positive, often in difficult situations - which, let's face it, is pretty much a great deal of what they do.

Mr

Manchester (she/her)

"I’ve seen some of these “auditors “ you tube clips from two local mod bases, those of you with such knowledge will know by my location will know exactly what regiments use these bases. Anyway these individuals seem to get off on filming staff in their personal cars and also mod vehicles coming and going with out thoughts to the consequences of security of the staff, soldiers and families.

There’s a very good one where the MOD police calmly explain to an ‘auditor’ that it is illegal to film such a base, including pointing out the prominent and clearly worded signs stating that it’s a criminal offence under the OSA. He politely makes his excuses and leaves. "

I've seen similar videos where the "auditor" refuses to leave, gets arrested, screams conspiracy, and monetises it

Chelmsford

[Removed by poster at 14/07/22 14:47:29]

Chelmsford

"

"

Undercover officers never ever ever visit police stations just in case their cover is blown.

They meet on neutral ground where nobody would expect. This could be in a discreet public house or out feeding ducks at a pond. Sometimes they leave messages in what's called a 'a drop'. An example would be where an undercover officer places a hidden message in a tennis ball and walks his dog and throws the ball discretely to another undercover dog walker and the secret message is retrieved by the dog.

By *batMan  over a year ago

Alicante, Spain. (Sometimes in Wales)

What about the undercover officer who pretends to be filming a station so that he gets arrested and dragged inside and can then go to the secret meeting there?

Gbat

Chelmsford

"What about the undercover officer who pretends to be filming a station so that he gets arrested and dragged inside and can then go to the secret meeting there?

Gbat "

We know from experience that some undercover officers get deliberately arrested to convince the baddies that they are genuine. In the undercover world this is known as showing the baddies that your 'legit'. This is slang for legitimate.

"I know a few members of the police force and they are really good people, salt of the earth, who joined up to make a difference. They put their lives on the line daily which is stressful as hell. I don’t get the police bashing mentality at all, every copper I’ve ever dealt with has been sensible and courteous as soon as they realise that you are too. Act like a dick and get treated like a dick.

This. Very much this. I've had many dealings with the police over the years and they've always been positive, often in difficult situations - which, let's face it, is pretty much a great deal of what they do.

Mr"

"

Undercover officers never ever ever visit police stations just in case their cover is blown.

They meet on neutral ground where nobody would expect. This could be in a discreet public house or out feeding ducks at a pond. Sometimes they leave messages in what's called a 'a drop'. An example would be where an undercover officer places a hidden message in a tennis ball and walks his dog and throws the ball discretely to another undercover dog walker and the secret message is retrieved by the dog. "

I worked with the police for 30 years and have twice been SA by officers, the latter one was a prolonged r@pe attack by a detective in Northumbria Police

I didn’t behave like a dick, they behaved like the like tw@ts that’s they are, I didn’t deserve what happened to me

Some people are nice, not all

- as for my original post if someone is standing in a public place using a camera then they’re not doing anything illegal, cops that have an issue with that are just on an ego trip

By *heNerdyFembyWoman  over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

"I know a few members of the police force and they are really good people, salt of the earth, who joined up to make a difference. They put their lives on the line daily which is stressful as hell. I don’t get the police bashing mentality at all, every copper I’ve ever dealt with has been sensible and courteous as soon as they realise that you are too. Act like a dick and get treated like a dick.

I worked with the police for 30 years and have twice been SA by officers, the latter one was a prolonged r@pe attack by a detective in Northumbria Police

I didn’t behave like a dick, they behaved like the like tw@ts that’s they are, I didn’t deserve what happened to me

Some people are nice, not all

- as for my original post if someone is standing in a public place using a camera then they’re not doing anything illegal, cops that have an issue with that are just on an ego trip "

I am so sorry any of that happened to you, no-one deserves to be treated like that by anyone, let alone a member of law enforcement.

Unfortunately it seems that any criticism of the police is too much criticism of the police for some people on the forums. No matter how justified.

"Now Tom has no beef with the Chief of Police but what is sauce for the Goose is sauce for the Gander. How would these drone types like it if someone did the same at their home address with people doing the same to their family and friends. Behind every fed uniform is a human being. Remember that ! That's all Tom got to say on the matter "

They’re not flying drones over the officers homes or filming outside they houses, they’re filming outside police stations - very different things

Plenty civilians get videod at work whether it be shopworkers or pub staff or whatever - police aren’t ‘special’ just because they wear a uniform

I do however thing that when the footage is added to YouTube civilians should have their faces edited out - many people do not wish to have their face on social media and could be the victim of a stalker in which case the footage could show that person’s location which may not be known to a stalker of the coronavirus has relocated

"

I am so sorry any of that happened to you, no-one deserves to be treated like that by anyone, let alone a member of law enforcement.

Unfortunately it seems that any criticism of the police is too much criticism of the police for some people on the forums. No matter how justified."

Thank you

My post wasn’t intended to be cop bashing

More about the use of drones and videoing of police in public places, provided the person taking the footage is operating within the law I see no issue with it at all

It does appear that the people behind the cameras know the law way better than the officers do, many of which go on to conduct unlawful searches and/or arrests

By *orkcoastguyMan  over a year ago

Bridlington.

Surely by now they should know that these guys are doing it to wind up police staff who don't know the law?

By *heNerdyFembyWoman  over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

"

Unfortunately it seems that any criticism of the police is too much criticism of the police for some people on the forums. No matter how justified.

Thank you

More about the use of drones and videoing of police in public places, provided the person taking the footage is operating within the law I see no issue with it at all

It does appear that the people behind the cameras know the law way better than the officers do, many of which go on to conduct unlawful searches and/or arrests "

Yeah, I have seen similar videos. The problem I was alluding to is that "not complying with the police even when they are wrong" is seen by the same people I mentioned as "criticising the police"

I do enjoy a video where a person in authority is schooled on how it actually works... whether they be police, a restaurant manager, a karen or whatever.

It's good to see the self important taken down a peg.

Pershore

"

Thank you

It does appear that the people behind the cameras know the law way better than the officers do, many of which go on to conduct unlawful searches and/or arrests

Yeah, I have seen similar videos. The problem I was alluding to is that "not complying with the police even when they are wrong" is seen by the same people I mentioned as "criticising the police"

I do enjoy a video where a person in authority is schooled on how it actually works... whether they be police, a restaurant manager, a karen or whatever.

It's good to see the self important taken down a peg."

Indeed, and none more so than clickbait auditors

"

Indeed, and none more so than clickbait auditors "

——-

YouTube is a massive revenue for so many people

If someone wants to stand outside government buildings for hours on end in all weathers just to get good footage then good for them

- if the person is acting lawfully and not doing anything wrong then a police officer who acts beyond his powers, brings the profession into disrepute or unlawfully arrests someone and because of that is sanctioned or loses their job because of their own actions then they deserves it

- I don’t agree with the situations where people are rude or disrespectful to police to provoke a response - however if an officer reacts negatively or unlawfully then the chances are they do 10x worse without a camera poked in their face - professionally they’re expected to rise above taunts

… as the saying goes ‘stick and stones… etc

As someone that works in a factory that has been visited by “auditors” visit I can safely say it’s fucking annoying. I had a man thrust a camera in my face and ask me a million questions about eveything and was a cheaky cunt to. No matter how polite and kind I was he tried to twist everytning that he could find at one point he was going to walk into the yard with forklifts going to audit the place and I was told “In Northern Ireland there’s no trespassing laws so I’m within my right to go in there”. I just let him walk on and said to my manager to deal with him.

I’m not payed enough to deal with that and I don’t mind being videoed but it was the whole attitude he had, trying to provoke myself into an argument, if I was unaware of auditing I would have lost the plot with him I feel bad for the police and people that get this on a daily basis

Pershore

"

Indeed, and none more so than clickbait auditors

——-

YouTube is a massive revenue for so many people

If someone wants to stand outside government buildings for hours on end in all weathers just to get good footage then good for them

- if the person is acting lawfully and not doing anything wrong then a police officer who acts beyond his powers, brings the profession into disrepute or unlawfully arrests someone and because of that is sanctioned or loses their job because of their own actions then they deserves it

- I don’t agree with the situations where people are rude or disrespectful to police to provoke a response - however if an officer reacts negatively or unlawfully then the chances are they do 10x worse without a camera poked in their face - professionally they’re expected to rise above taunts

… as the saying goes ‘stick and stones… etc "

Fair enough but it's not necessarily a bad thing for self-appointed auditors to get taken down a peg or two for our entertainment is it?

...as the saying goes 'what's sauce for the goose etc'

"

… as the saying goes ‘stick and stones… etc

….

Fair enough but it's not necessarily a bad thing for self-appointed auditors to get taken down a peg or two for our entertainment is it?

...as the saying goes 'what's sauce for the goose etc'"

——

So long as everyone is acting lawfully that’s ok

- I heard one the other day saying to officers he was on the police scrutiny panel too

I just find it more entertaining than the dross on Netflix

» Add a new message to this topic