FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > SAS Execution Squads

SAS Execution Squads

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

On TV tonight are allegations that SAS night squads were bumping off captured people in Afghan to bag a bigger body count than the unit they relieved. Not sure this is responsible reporting.

What's going on here....

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Good

Excellent work boys!!

Next

T

So are you saying they shouldn't be reporting it...even if it happened?

By *lynJMan  over a year ago

Morden

"On TV tonight are allegations that SAS night squads were bumping off captured people in Afghan to bag a bigger body count than the unit they relieved. Not sure this is responsible reporting.

What's going on here....

"

The reporting sounds ok.

It's the alleged behaviour of the SAS that might not be considered responsible.

Can’t believe people still watch the news let alone believe any of it

"Good

Excellent work boys!!

Next

T"

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

This needs reporting. It is a war crime.

Killing 54 unarmed men is wrong.

Arrrrrr but then i think of the twin towers they blew up killing 3000 people, oh an the cutting peoples heads off in the street, oh an all the road side bombs blowing up troops an anyone else who triggered them off aaaaan the not wearing of uniform so we didn’t even know who we were fighting..hahaha..

The SAS are monsters…hahaha.. fuck off they’re fucking hero’s. Honestly the uk what a load of shit, now let me win the lotto so i can get the fuck out of here..hahaha..

By *rhugesMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

They are still trying to prosecute soldiers over the troubles in northern Ireland but let off the IRA

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

I knew this one was coming as soon as I saw it on the news.

"They are still trying to prosecute soldiers over the troubles in northern Ireland but let off the IRA "

I think you'll find they let off soldiers who killed civilians too

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

Such is equality you’ll soon have women in the SAS. Maybe the unit will become less macho?

"This needs reporting. It is a war crime."

Fuck the reporting you’ll only hear one side. Everyone become a judge but where were they when we were being shot at? Fuck the rules. When one round come at me i would empty a clip back at them. By the way the tax payer paid for my rounds to fire back then tell me i’m wrong. Yeah fuck off..haha..

I saw on Twitter that the Ministry of Defence have defended themselves against the Panorama programme, stating that they have been investigated twice by independent investigators and they found insufficient evidence to prosecute. They are saying that Panorama are guilty of misleading the public and jumping to conclusions on cases that have already been fully investigated.

By *hristopherd999Man  over a year ago

Brentwood

Do the press not realise they're dealing with an elite squad, I wouldn't like to be the reporter spilling the beans!

"Such is equality you’ll soon have women in the SAS. Maybe the unit will become less macho?"

Hahaha

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

If your fine with innocent people being deliberately killed by our troops then you need to reset your moral compass..

Without control 'we' are as bad as the ones who carry out indiscriminate acts of terror..

Within the rules of engagement do what is necessary of course and whilst incidents will occur in the heat etc by the sounds of it this was more about Sqn points scoring..

Ex military, tours under the belt etc before anyone gets all pissy ..

"This needs reporting. It is a war crime.

Fuck the reporting you’ll only hear one side. Everyone become a judge but where were they when we were being shot at? Fuck the rules. When one round come at me i would empty a clip back at them. By the way the tax payer paid for my rounds to fire back then tell me i’m wrong. Yeah fuck off..haha.."

If you join the army unfortunately being shot at comes with the job. Don't want to be shot at in a warzone dont join the military.

Executing prisoners is indefensible.

The same people defending the SAS will be fuming if the Russians exec the 2 British guys captured in Ukraine.

What is and isn't a war crime cannot be influenced by which side we support.

"Such is equality you’ll soon have women in the SAS. Maybe the unit will become less macho?"

Been females in SAS for years, before they was Rupert's and green slime or scalies but now can do selection and actually wear the right badge instead of just the beret with original unit one.

Fuck the reporting you’ll only hear one side. Everyone become a judge but where were they when we were being shot at? Fuck the rules. When one round come at me i would empty a clip back at them. By the way the tax payer paid for my rounds to fire back then tell me i’m wrong. Yeah fuck off..haha..

If you join the army unfortunately being shot at comes with the job. Don't want to be shot at in a warzone dont join the military.

Executing prisoners is indefensible.

The same people defending the SAS will be fuming if the Russians exec the 2 British guys captured in Ukraine.

What is and isn't a war crime cannot be influenced by which side we support."

You should be a doctor mate an tell all the ex solders are riddled with p.t.s.d that..haha.. you’ll fix p.t.s.d forever. Why didn’t i think of that..hahahaha..

in Lancashire

"Killing 54 unarmed men is wrong.

Arrrrrr but then i think of the twin towers they blew up killing 3000 people, oh an the cutting peoples heads off in the street, oh an all the road side bombs blowing up troops an anyone else who triggered them off aaaaan the not wearing of uniform so we didn’t even know who we were fighting..hahaha..

The SAS are monsters…hahaha.. fuck off they’re fucking hero’s. Honestly the uk what a load of shit, now let me win the lotto so i can get the fuck out of here..hahaha.. "

Not one of the hijackers nor bin Laden was born in Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia is where the majority came from..

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

It's the ABBC, Anti British Broadcasting Corporation so what do you expect?

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Does anyone know what really happened or the context before rushing to any entitled and possible prejudiced judgement?

"Does anyone know what really happened or the context before rushing to any entitled and possible prejudiced judgement? "

(Claps)

in Lancashire

"Does anyone know what really happened or the context before rushing to any entitled and possible prejudiced judgement? "

It's a follow up to a panorama report in 2019, the RMP who were investigating it at that time as it met the threshold etc were basically hindered in their investigation by senior SF and MOD officers and it was closed down ..

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

The SAS are monsters…hahaha.. fuck off they’re fucking hero’s. Honestly the uk what a load of shit, now let me win the lotto so i can get the fuck out of here..hahaha..

Not one of the hijackers nor bin Laden was born in Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia is where the majority came from.. "

Is that the same Saudi Arabia that now own Newcastle United, LIV golf, put on the biggest boxing purses? The F1 etc Oh what a fickle lot we are.

in Lancashire

Not one of the hijackers nor bin Laden was born in Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia is where the majority came from..

Is that the same Saudi Arabia that now own Newcastle United, LIV golf, put on the biggest boxing purses? The F1 etc Oh what a fickle lot we are. "

Indeed, and to whom we sell billions in arms but how they're used is nothing to do with us even if we are fully aware..

Not one of the hijackers nor bin Laden was born in Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia is where the majority came from.. "

Thats very true, but i served with loads of British troops who wasn’t born in uk.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

The SAS are supposed to be the best of the best and should act accordingly.

East London

We'll probably never know.

Chelmsford

This is all over the news guys

By *heVonMatterhornsCouple  over a year ago

Lincoln

[Removed by poster at 12/07/22 11:28:04]

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

"So are you saying they shouldn't be reporting it...even if it happened?"

Or why are they repeating something that was investigated and dropped some time ago, and headlining it in a way that suggests it’s a forgone conclusion?

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

Fuck the reporting you’ll only hear one side. Everyone become a judge but where were they when we were being shot at? Fuck the rules. When one round come at me i would empty a clip back at them. By the way the tax payer paid for my rounds to fire back then tell me i’m wrong. Yeah fuck off..haha.."

I think you're mixing up two ideas. I doubt anyone on this thread would have a single word to say about a soldier returning fire, about killing enemy combatants in a combat situation. This story is about executing prisoners.

You point out we will only hear one side and I'm fine with that. Killing an enemy soldier in combat, as a sniper, by firing missiles etc etc, I may not be happy with this but understand that ultimately it's war and people die. Executing prisoners on the other hand there is only one side to hear. Were they prisoners yes or no. Did our soldiers kill them after surrender? Yes or no.

There are no sides.

This is not to say these soldiers are guilty - I have no idea whether they are or not but I absolutely support an investigation. We can't condemn (for example) Russian war crimes in Ukraine or terrorist attacks while refusing to hold our own soldiers to the same standards we dictate to others.

Mr

By *arker secrets 321Man  over a year ago

West Bromwich

Better 2 face a jury of 12 then be carried in a coffin by 6 x

Swansea

"So are you saying they shouldn't be reporting it...even if it happened?

Or why are they repeating something that was investigated and dropped some time ago, and headlining it in a way that suggests it’s a forgone conclusion?"

Have you read the full BBC report? Unless they're deliberately lying they have a massive amount of evidence to support their claims - including internal emails. It's hard to believe they're lying when so many of the claims would be easy to show as false if in fact they're untrue. It's pretty grim reading.

Mr

in Lancashire

Thats very true, but i served with loads of British troops who wasn’t born in uk. "

So did I, not many to be honest but your missing the point that if Afghanistan was anything to do with 9/11 it was tenuous and whilst bin Laden was in a cave he could have been taken out without boots on the ground in a country which is historically known as the graveyard of other countries armies..

By *he Artful TodgerMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire but travel

I’d be interested in any posters on here having a more informed opinion of these matters had they served overseas

I did three tours of Iraq, three of Afghanistan, the news, topics reported, geo-politics and a multitude of other factors are hardly ever broached

The reality to what the public were told and saw are light years apart

Swansea

"I’d be interested in any posters on here having a more informed opinion of these matters had they served overseas

I did three tours of Iraq, three of Afghanistan, the news, topics reported, geo-politics and a multitude of other factors are hardly ever broached

The reality to what the public were told and saw are light years apart"

That's a fair comment but in this particular case the concerns were originally raised (and then filed away) by people who were very well aware of the situation out there.

Mr

Not dissimilar allegations were made, and proved, against Australian Special Forces in AfghanIstan, unfortunately.

In the heat of battle, especially in the confusion that inevitably existed in Afghanistan, mistakes are easily made and are understandable, but deliberate killing of unarmed civilians or prisoners who have surrendered and been taken control of is inexcusable, immoral, and a war crime.

Intelligence in Helmand, and throughout Afghanistan, was limited, often faulty, and frequently misunderstood, sometimes with fatal and tragic results.

To say that 'the enemy did bad things so we can too' is to lower yourself to their level and to make the whole thing futile - which sadly the whole British/NATO/Allied involvement in Afghanistan was anyhow.

I fear that there is at least some truth in these allegations; the SAS are a fine force, but not perfect and not beyond criticism.

The media however have little understanding of the situation as it was on the ground, not that a difficult and confused situation is any excuse for planned crimes, which is what is being suggested here.

East London

"I’d be interested in any posters on here having a more informed opinion of these matters had they served overseas

The reality to what the public were told and saw are light years apart"

Does that make it acceptable to execute prisoners of war?

"The SAS are supposed to be the best of the best and should act accordingly.

"

Quite so.

By *lectrumMan  over a year ago

south shields

Can’t wait to watch this

By *ean counterMan  over a year ago

Kettering

As usual the fucking media (normally the anti-Tory BBC) looking for something that probably isn't true to stir up some more shit ! They've finished with Prince Andrew, they've got rid of Boris, the Ukraine thing isn't headline news anymore so some dickhead in the media room says "I know, lets dig up some shit from a few years ago" thay nobody actually gives a damn about ! If the SAS did kill some people I can guarantee thay the world is a better and safer place because of those killings ! Move on !!

Yorkshire but travel

"

That’s my whole point, it’s easy to report things as executing when you’ve never received the intelligence reporting, fought adversaries who will use children as delivery devices for explosives, push prams through a market place packed with Semtex or mimic injury to draw you in then detonate themselves. All to cause mass causalities civilian or otherwise. Life has very little value in some countries.

Western rules of engagement, laws of war and values of POW’s never existed in those wars, the campaigns were entirely different so often non-compliance in any respect would result in lawful lethal force being used and often as an immediate escalation.

Maybe you had to experience these things to understand them, but death was martyrdom, not a loss, the philosophy of combat was a world away from our western values and there society still is

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"As usual the fucking media (normally the anti-Tory BBC) looking for something that probably isn't true to stir up some more shit ! They've finished with Prince Andrew, they've got rid of Boris, the Ukraine thing isn't headline news anymore so some dickhead in the media room says "I know, lets dig up some shit from a few years ago" thay nobody actually gives a damn about ! If the SAS did kill some people I can guarantee thay the world is a better and safer place because of those killings ! Move on !! "

I assume this is a pisstake. But sadly, there are people who are so lost down the extreme far right rabbit holes that they actually believe this kind of BS.

Swansea

That’s my whole point, it’s easy to report things as executing when you’ve never received the intelligence reporting, fought adversaries who will use children as delivery devices for explosives, push prams through a market place packed with Semtex or mimic injury to draw you in then detonate themselves. All to cause mass causalities civilian or otherwise. Life has very little value in some countries.

Western rules of engagement, laws of war and values of POW’s never existed in those wars, the campaigns were entirely different so often non-compliance in any respect would result in lawful lethal force being used and often as an immediate escalation.

Maybe you had to experience these things to understand them, but death was martyrdom, not a loss, the philosophy of combat was a world away from our western values and there society still is"

You've not replied to my response earlier. These concerns were raised by people who did know, were experienced and could empathise. The BBC didn't imvent the concerns, they're reporting on internal emails from within the special forces chain of command.

Using the "you don't understand" defense is a bit stupid when (for example) a senior officer actually committed to writing his concern that there was a deliberate policy of unlawful killing.

Mr

The reality to what the public were told

You've not replied to my response earlier. These concerns were raised by people who did know, were experienced and could empathise. The BBC didn't imvent the concerns, they're reporting on internal emails from within the special forces chain of command.

Using the "you don't understand" defense is a bit stupid when (for example) a senior officer actually committed to writing his concern that there was a deliberate policy of unlawful killing.

Mr"

Quite so; I spent a year in Helmand working with an Afghan team 2006-07 having worked in other parts of Afghanistan twice before. My only time in Iraq was almost entirely 'behind the wire' but I previously spent many years in Northern Ireland and before that served in Africa.

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

"Good

Excellent work boys!!

Next

T"

Could you explain your reasoning to why you think that? Not taking the piss, genuinely curious.

By *melia DominaTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

Ah the old media reporting negatively to ensure people watch so they can sell more advertising to make more money!!!

And the sheep will follow....

Shock....

Next.....

By *areToShareCouple  over a year ago

Bingham

"Can’t believe people still watch the news let alone believe any of it"

This comment wins the Internet.

By *tooveMan  over a year ago

belfast

Love the SAS. Should be used more often.

By *exyMPCouple  over a year ago

SOUTHEND-ON-SEA

Please, please, please put a politics / opinions page on here !! Then we can avoid this type of posting. This has nothing to do with the lifestyle whatsoever.

Surely there are other sites with forum's for this kind of topic(s).

We know, "well don't read it"...

It's a SWINGER'S SITE for god's sake. Rant end's (it's hot & we are bothered).

Swansea

"Please, please, please put a politics / opinions page on here !! Then we can avoid this type of posting. This has nothing to do with the lifestyle whatsoever.

It's a SWINGER'S SITE for god's sake. Rant end's (it's hot & we are bothered)."

You do realise there is a "Lifestyle" page that has all the swinging lifestyle threads you could wish? This is the lounge and a such open for a whole range of topics.

Mr

Yorkshire but travel

Maybe you had to experience these things to understand them, but death was martyrdom, not a loss, the philosophy of combat was a world away from our western values and there society still is

Mr"

I’m not staying unequivocally that you can’t understand, also that bad things don’t happen, it’s a war, of course it dies.

I’m saying tue experiences are very different, equally so for senior officers who are not in the ground, may not be engaged on the tasks these units are or embed within them.

During my time an executive order (From General Pretraus US Supreme Commander) came in urging “Courageous Restraint”, basically don’t shoot incase they are civilians not enemy combatants. It caused loads of coffins to be paraded through Wotton Bassett and created no effective positive change in theatre.

Until the source is a frontline guy who can show consistent disregard for military or civil law I can’t buy into these panorama stories.

We had Kate Ade in Iraq making streams of nonsense up, reporters do this, they embellish facts to grow the narrative, Al Jazerra News was incredibly biased and caused huge damage to all parties

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

"Please, please, please put a politics / opinions page on here !! Then we can avoid this type of posting. This has nothing to do with the lifestyle whatsoever.

It's a SWINGER'S SITE for god's sake. Rant end's (it's hot & we are bothered)."

There has been a politics thread for a long time now. ..... since about ......oooooooooooooo Covid2019.... began.

You could have avoided the thread by not clicking on it.

Thank me later x

By *ister CMan  over a year ago

liverpool

Big SAS fan

Panorama will present this story in such a way as to make it look like impartial journalism but its not. Whoever has put this togather has an axe to grind. The MOD have said that all these alledged offenses have been investigated and not enough evidence was presented to warrant any prosecutions and be under no allusion, The MOD will prosecute every breach of the Rules of Engagement.

There has been a politics thread for a long time now. ..... since about ......oooooooooooooo Covid2019.... began.

Thank me later x "

It's not that I wish to appear pedantic, but I believe you're thinking of the virus forum. The politics forum has been going since June 2016 (that's how far the archive list at the bottom of the politics page goes back anyway).

Thank me later x

It's not that I wish to appear pedantic, but I believe you're thinking of the virus forum. The politics forum has been going since June 2016 (that's how far the archive list at the bottom of the politics page goes back anyway)."

From memory the politics forum was introduced in the lead up to the brexit referendum because the lounge was over run with threads and it wasn't all that fun a place to post.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Thank me later x

It's not that I wish to appear pedantic, but I believe you're thinking of the virus forum. The politics forum has been going since June 2016 (that's how far the archive list at the bottom of the politics page goes back anyway)."

Dagnabbit ! I do believe you are right Muttley !

I'd overlooked the addition of the virus forum ...

I remember the politics forum starting and in minute or two I will remember the name of the lovely bloke who probably raised a need for one.....

By *ovespudsMan  over a year ago

Swindon

IF it happened, fair play to our Boyz. You can't blame them when the Taliban SCUM were allegedly hanging our lads body parts in trees.

Now all we need is for a saviour to hang Putin by the balls (IF he has any).

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

The SAS are monsters…hahaha.. fuck off they’re fucking hero’s. Honestly the uk what a load of shit, now let me win the lotto so i can get the fuck out of here..hahaha.. "

Behaving like the animals you despise is hardly likely to win hearts & minds is it?

What a great recruitment sergeant for Islamic terrorists everywhere...the wonderful elite British Special Air Service killing people for fun....sounds a but Talibanish to me (if it did happen).

Ps read up on the 30 year preamble to the 2001 atrocity btw, very interesting.

By *ohnnyTwoNotesMan  over a year ago

golden fields

"IF it happened, fair play to our Boyz. You can't blame them when the Taliban SCUM were allegedly hanging our lads body parts in trees.

Now all we need is for a saviour to hang Putin by the balls (IF he has any).

"

Just to be clear, you're saying murdering some people is cool, and murdering others isn't cool. And ethnicity/nationality is the differential?

"On TV tonight are allegations that SAS night squads were bumping off captured people in Afghan to bag a bigger body count than the unit they relieved. Not sure this is responsible reporting.

What's going on here....

"

Don't believe everything you read, apparently an investigation was carried out and allegations were quashed...

I know nothing about this particular situation, but if you can defeat an enemy without stooping to their levels of depravity, you've not only won a physical victory but a moral one too.

Chelmsford

Thank me later x

It's not that I wish to appear pedantic, but I believe you're thinking of the virus forum. The politics forum has been going since June 2016 (that's how far the archive list at the bottom of the politics page goes back anyway).

Dagnabbit ! I do believe you are right Muttley !

I'd overlooked the addition of the virus forum ...

I remember the politics forum starting and in minute or two I will remember the name of the lovely bloke who probably raised a need for one..... "

Who was that Granny...

Wake Up Peoples.....

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"This needs reporting. It is a war crime."

Slightly jumping the gun there.....

It isn't a war crime until there's been a legal judgement to declare it so.

This has been investigated twice and found no case to answer. Certainly once by the RMP who don't take much crap.

From what I've read so far the RMP have requested sight of the Panorama evidence, but haven't had anything yet.

Trial by press is not the right way to go. If they have evidence turn it over.

Winston

Swansea

What's going on here....

Don't believe everything you read, apparently an investigation was carried out and allegations were quashed..."

Yep. Coz the powers that be have never covered up their mistakes have they. How many enquiries did it take before anything was found wrong with the way the Hillsborough disaster was policed? Its funny how many people will happily accept the findings of some enquiries but not others.

Mr

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

you had rules in NI was it the yellow card system in regards to the rules of engagement?

"Can’t believe people still watch the news let alone believe any of it"

Well said ( shite sells)

By *0shadesOfFilthMan  over a year ago

nearby

One minute in, the first execution.

Fuck the reporting you’ll only hear one side. Everyone become a judge but where were they when we were being shot at? Fuck the rules. When one round come at me i would empty a clip back at them. By the way the tax payer paid for my rounds to fire back then tell me i’m wrong. Yeah fuck off..haha.. you had rules in NI was it the yellow card system in regards to the rules of engagement?"

Yes but when fired upon you didn't have to shout.that you are British army and will shoot if they don't stop 3 times.

People have scoffed at the card rules of engagement but I used it in 1983 and it saved me from shooting a guy carrying a couple of shovels for his gardening.

only one side of the story being told and footage edited to show one side .....

FFS unless you have been there and been under the pressures these positions put you in then stay away from what you know nothing about ..

Chelmsford

Fuck the reporting you’ll only hear one side. Everyone become a judge but where were they when we were being shot at? Fuck the rules. When one round come at me i would empty a clip back at them. By the way the tax payer paid for my rounds to fire back then tell me i’m wrong. Yeah fuck off..haha.. you had rules in NI was it the yellow card system in regards to the rules of engagement?

Yes but when fired upon you didn't have to shout.that you are British army and will shoot if they don't stop 3 times.

People have scoffed at the card rules of engagement but I used it in 1983 and it saved me from shooting a guy carrying a couple of shovels for his gardening.

"

Was he gardening or burying a body.. why did he need more than one shovel ? Who else was involved ? Did you ask those questions?

"They are still trying to prosecute soldiers over the troubles in northern Ireland but let off the IRA "

How many soldiers have been found guilty? You should remember there are two sides to every story and wrongs done by all sides.

nearby

“Orchestrated campaign of murders “

says Australian SAS lawyer interviewed

Notably in Australia, General Angus Campbell the head of the military admitted and publicly apologised for the murders.

For the accusations against the UK SAS, balance their actions against 454 British servicemen killed in Afghanistan.

The Ministry of Defence paid out £688,000 for 289 civilian deaths, an average of £2,380. (Parliament briefing paper)

"They are still trying to prosecute soldiers over the troubles in northern Ireland but let off the IRA

How many soldiers have been found guilty? You should remember there are two sides to every story and wrongs done by all sides. "

many that I know are still going to court over this

nearby

"many that I know are still going to court over this "

Indeed, and MOD’s treatment of Danny Nightingale

Fuck the reporting you’ll only hear one side. Everyone become a judge but where were they when we were being shot at? Fuck the rules. When one round come at me i would empty a clip back at them. By the way the tax payer paid for my rounds to fire back then tell me i’m wrong. Yeah fuck off..haha.. you had rules in NI was it the yellow card system in regards to the rules of engagement?

Was he gardening or burying a body.. why did he need more than one shovel ? Who else was involved ? Did you ask those questions?"

I did ask him why on earth was he carrying two shovels about at 10pm at night he was quite blunt and honest saying he pinched them of a building site and was going to do his garden the next day. He did go pale when I told him he was seconds away from being shot.

For on e the rules worked for everyone but I still had the piss taken out of me and was called night garden for a while after the kids TV program in the night garden.

I also got praised by my superiors for doing the right thing.

By *exy-Lady-1975Couple  over a year ago

Hockley Heath

There was simply no new evidence, more Panorama assumptions and guesses. Very poor documentary, the BBC continues its downward spiral

By *exy-Lady-1975Couple  over a year ago

Hockley Heath

Totally agree, I had experience of such, amazing what people will say, is it to get more compensation? Just another BBC allegation with no evidence. All the Helicopters cruising around shooting to get you in the mood, must be something bad, get someone who wasnt there to make a few alegations, chuck in a few lawyers and bleeding hearts and we are away. Wars have casualties, in the UK we investigate. There are hundreds of examples. I bet there are a few good ones from the SAS

By *amish SMan  over a year ago

Eastleigh

Does anyone truly think that the soldiers and marines that make it through to become the most elite special forces in the world would engage in a numbers killed chart. If you do you are just as deluded as the BBC who were never at any of those alleged killings. Read between the lines. Most special forces deploy with body worn cameras on a mission, where is the footage or live time feed. Yes, this has been available for years.

nearby

"Does anyone truly think that the soldiers and marines that make it through to become the most elite special forces in the world would engage in a numbers killed chart. If you do you are just as deluded as the BBC who were never at any of those alleged killings. Read between the lines. Most special forces deploy with body worn cameras on a mission, where is the footage or live time feed. Yes, this has been available for years. "

Irrespective of rational or regiment, the UK government has paid out compensation for 289 killings of civilians in Afghanistan. .

"They are still trying to prosecute soldiers over the troubles in northern Ireland but let off the IRA

How many soldiers have been found guilty? You should remember there are two sides to every story and wrongs done by all sides.

many that I know are still going to court over this "

There are countless crimes perpetrated by British soldiers and RUC/B Specials against ordinary civilians that have never been properly investigated. I’ll name just two, The Miami Showband massacre and The Dublin/Monaghan bombings. I detest that one sided view of good guy/bad guy.

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

There are countless crimes perpetrated by British soldiers and RUC/B Specials against ordinary civilians that have never been properly investigated. I’ll name just two, The Miami Showband massacre and The Dublin/Monaghan bombings. I detest that one sided view of good guy/bad guy. "

Many crimes by the IRA et al not solved.

Birmingham…

By *arlomaleMan  over a year ago

darlington

Was he gardening or burying a body.. why did he need more than one shovel ? Who else was involved ? Did you ask those questions?

I did ask him why on earth was he carrying two shovels about at 10pm at night he was quite blunt and honest saying he pinched them of a building site and was going to do his garden the next day. He did go pale when I told him he was seconds away from being shot.

For on e the rules worked for everyone but I still had the piss taken out of me and was called night garden for a while after the kids TV program in the night garden.

I also got praised by my superiors for doing the right thing."

I’m confused the knight garden was from the mid 2000s my kids watched it but you are saying you got called that as far back as 1983?

There are countless crimes perpetrated by British soldiers and RUC/B Specials against ordinary civilians that have never been properly investigated. I’ll name just two, The Miami Showband massacre and The Dublin/Monaghan bombings. I detest that one sided view of good guy/bad guy.

Many crimes by the IRA et al not solved.

Birmingham…"

Jesus you could have picked one that made the British look even a little bit good. Tell you what, throw in The Guildford Four and The Maguire Seven and give me a right good laugh.

Of course they did they are paid assasins we act like our shit dont stink so much its nuts

By *onlywishiMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

One thing about the innocent civilians?

Is that both in Iraq and Afghanistan the combatants against the Military never wore uniforms?

Therefore they could become an innocent civilian in seconds !!

When your at war an someone is in uniform it’s them and us ! No uniform means everyone is a them and no one can be taken as an innocent civilian!!!

"One thing about the innocent civilians?

Is that both in Iraq and Afghanistan the combatants against the Military never wore uniforms?

Therefore they could become an innocent civilian in seconds !!

When your at war an someone is in uniform it’s them and us ! No uniform means everyone is a them and no one can be taken as an innocent civilian!!! "

So going by your bizarre simplistic logic it would have been fine to kill ALL civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan (and presumably Northern Ireland?) because all of them might have been terrorists?

Thank God that nearly all British soldiers have some intelligence, judgement, morality, and understanding of the situations that they are in, unlike you!

By *onlywishiMan  over a year ago

Newcastle

No my simplistic look at it shows that the role of the British soldiers are not easy and at best like walking on a tightrope with people trying to knock you off !

Just trying to point out that it’s not easy policing these areas which is really what the troops end up doing ?

I’m sure that the local military and police have more deaths on their hands

By *irtydanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

The SAS are an elite assassin squad for high profile targets, behind enemy lines. They don't have the means to extract POWs the same way other less covert units do, if the target surrenders, do they let them live, what are the orders they are given & how far up the tree does it go. If they kill them, it would be a war crime. Does someone in power believe it is necessary?! If Osama BL surrendered would they have extracted him from a cell of terrorists who haven't surrendered, in fact how would they actually do that and then what would happen to him? Not agreeing or disagreeing, don't know, just thinking out loud. Equally the saying goes, for every 1 you kill, you are creating on average 5 more - the children, relatives, etc. will breed hate over the loss. The ugliness of war/legalised murder/death is a big grey hole at times, and rules of engagement need to be fit for purpose. As for the command tree & a possible cover up - whether in this case or generally, they absolutely need to be investigated & accountable. That comes with their job, just like a soldier. If the investigating body is unable to be thorough & robust, this also needs addressing.

By *ulfilthmentMan  over a year ago

Just around the corner

"If the investigating body is unable to be thorough & robust, this also needs addressing. "

The official line is that this has been investigated, and that no evidence of a crime (or crimes) was found. Twice.

I think the BBC have misjudged this and seem to have chosen to accept one side of the story as ‘fact’ with little evidence but lots of hearsay to support it.

"Panorama will present this story in such a way as to make it look like impartial journalism but its not. Whoever has put this togather has an axe to grind. The MOD have said that all these alledged offenses have been investigated and not enough evidence was presented to warrant any prosecutions and be under no allusion, The MOD will prosecute every breach of the Rules of Engagement. "

"If the investigating body is unable to be thorough & robust, this also needs addressing.

The official line is that this has been investigated, and that no evidence of a crime (or crimes) was found. Twice.

I think the BBC have misjudged this and seem to have chosen to accept one side of the story as ‘fact’ with little evidence but lots of hearsay to support it."

Exactly...

By *melia DominaTV/TS  over a year ago

Edinburgh (She/Her)

"Can’t believe people still watch the news let alone believe any of it

Well said ( shite sells) "

Totally...

» Add a new message to this topic