FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > children in need

children in need

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

so who is watching? more to the point who is donating? will the BBC jimmy saville DLT scandal affect raising funds? Should this years event have been aired?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Don't really think that has any bearing on it really.....I have given to various fund raising activities this week and will be watching as usual

[Removed by poster at 16/11/12 19:50:33]

By *edbagioMan  over a year ago

ripon

never give owt to nowt

By *nfieldishCouple  over a year ago

Enfield

We give to various charities where n when...... But cannot abide the pudsey night...no tv and off to the pub ....even had to turn off chris Evans this week....

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

Fearne Cotton looks great

"Don't really think that has any bearing on it really.....I have given to various fund raising activities this week and will be watching as usual"

surely there is a knock on effect. you wouldn't open an account with northern rock, once tarred with stigma its hard to shake

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

we don't watch it cos the 'entertainment' sections are anything but entertaining

dull dull dull

i dont like it its boring.

"Fearne Cotton looks great"

She does

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

Any chance of Joanna Lumley getting her kit off again?

"Fearne Cotton looks great

She does"

Only on Fab could we turn Children in Need into a presenter pervathon

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

She does

Only on Fab could we turn Children in Need into a presenter pervathon "

was more the fact she is with child and good to see her presenting during this time. Television often gets slated on how it treats females presenters. Not a pervathon from me.

evesham

"Don't really think that has any bearing on it really.....I have given to various fund raising activities this week and will be watching as usual

surely there is a knock on effect. you wouldn't open an account with northern rock, once tarred with stigma its hard to shake "

i would hope that the good behind the cause outstrips the current investigation. I think its sad if anyone uses the Jimmy Saville situation as a reason not to give. Personal reason are fine but using that as a reason not to give to causes he has nothing to do with is kind of low

Its mogodon for the masses.

If those celebrities appearing on the quite sickly event elected to pay an additional 5% income tax for 3 years all the funds would be met!

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

£10 million raised so far...

She does

was more the fact she is with child and good to see her presenting during this time. Television often gets slated on how it treats females presenters. Not a pervathon from me."

OOPS !

Apologies

I didn't see who'd posted originally nor did I know she was pregnant

"Its mogodon for the masses.

If those celebrities appearing on the quite sickly event elected to pay an additional 5% income tax for 3 years all the funds would be met!"

"so who is watching? more to the point who is donating? will the BBC jimmy saville DLT scandal affect raising funds? Should this years event have been aired?"

Seriously?

Neither Jimmy Saville or DLT are closely linked to Children in Need, infact the people behind CinN have publicly said that they purposely made sure Saville was kept away from it.

If Terry Wogan was being named, then yes I think you'd have a point as his name is synonymous with Children in Need, but the link is so tenuous that I can't believe you are even asking this

"Don't really think that has any bearing on it really.....I have given to various fund raising activities this week and will be watching as usual

surely there is a knock on effect. you wouldn't open an account with northern rock, once tarred with stigma its hard to shake "

Errrr, run that one by me again, how on earth is this comparable to Northern Rock?

Livingston

Fuck me... how much weight has Moyles lost?

"Fuck me... how much weight has Moyles lost?"

he looks amazing for it though

Both or little ones wore spots and ears to put pennies in the bucket to do so.

Would of been unfair for them not to

"so who is watching? more to the point who is donating? will the BBC jimmy saville DLT scandal affect raising funds? Should this years event have been aired?

Seriously?

Neither Jimmy Saville or DLT are closely linked to Children in Need, infact the people behind CinN have publicly said that they purposely made sure Saville was kept away from it.

If Terry Wogan was being named, then yes I think you'd have a point as his name is synonymous with Children in Need, but the link is so tenuous that I can't believe you are even asking this"

the BBC has bee implicated from the start! THEY KNEW ABOUT ABUSE AND COVERED IT UP! now have the audacity to ask people to pledge money against child abuse whilst paying off the director general for trying to bury it!shouldn't he donate his half a million for 54 days work? its just the tip of the iceberg. (Northern rock was used as a analogy in that a company that has been publicly tarred has no chance of ever gaining the same public esteem it once held\)

evesham

"so who is watching? more to the point who is donating? will the BBC jimmy saville DLT scandal affect raising funds? Should this years event have been aired?

Seriously?

If Terry Wogan was being named, then yes I think you'd have a point as his name is synonymous with Children in Need, but the link is so tenuous that I can't believe you are even asking this

the BBC has bee implicated from the start! THEY KNEW ABOUT ABUSE AND COVERED IT UP! now have the audacity to ask people to pledge money against child abuse whilst paying off the director general for trying to bury it!shouldn't he donate his half a million for 54 days work? its just the tip of the iceberg. (Northern rock was used as a analogy in that a company that has been publicly tarred has no chance of ever gaining the same public esteem it once held\)"

this is a well estalished annual event, not something the beeb have chucked together to suddenly show they care about the children

Plus it doesnt just help children suffering abuse, it helps those strugling with illness, loss of family members, young carers, children whose parents are too poor to provide heat and food for them. Should their cause be affected by all of this?

Livingston

"Fuck me... how much weight has Moyles lost?

he looks amazing for it though "

doesn't he just!!!

Loving Subo's rendition of Rainbow

Seriously?

the BBC has bee implicated from the start! THEY KNEW ABOUT ABUSE AND COVERED IT UP! now have the audacity to ask people to pledge money against child abuse whilst paying off the director general for trying to bury it!shouldn't he donate his half a million for 54 days work? its just the tip of the iceberg. (Northern rock was used as a analogy in that a company that has been publicly tarred has no chance of ever gaining the same public esteem it once held\)"

Right, I get you. Yes you are right, let's shut down the BBC down, the TV the radio, the whole lot...

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"

Loving Subo's rendition of Rainbow"

Missed that, did she sing with Zippy, Bungle and George?

Seriously?

the BBC has bee implicated from the start! THEY KNEW ABOUT ABUSE AND COVERED IT UP! now have the audacity to ask people to pledge money against child abuse whilst paying off the director general for trying to bury it!shouldn't he donate his half a million for 54 days work? its just the tip of the iceberg. (Northern rock was used as a analogy in that a company that has been publicly tarred has no chance of ever gaining the same public esteem it once held\)

this is a well estalished annual event, not something the beeb have chucked together to suddenly show they care about the children

Plus it doesnt just help children suffering abuse, it helps those strugling with illness, loss of family members, young carers, children whose parents are too poor to provide heat and food for them. Should their cause be affected by all of this?"

sadly it already has. my very issue was discussed on the Wright Stuff (channel 5) this morning and overwhelmingly the _iewing public felt the BBC was too implicated in the scandal. The fact is they knew of abuse, even aided in it and as a result i'm sure many people who would have donated now will not

evesham

Seriously?

Plus it doesnt just help children suffering abuse, it helps those strugling with illness, loss of family members, young carers, children whose parents are too poor to provide heat and food for them. Should their cause be affected by all of this?

sadly it already has. my very issue was discussed on the Wright Stuff (channel 5) this morning and overwhelmingly the _iewing public felt the BBC was too implicated in the scandal. The fact is they knew of abuse, even aided in it and as a result i'm sure many people who would have donated now will not"

well £10m ist bad going so far, dot know what the figures were like for last year but it looks promising

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

well I'm watching it and I find it hugely affecting. If we can't help each other without cynicism it's a poor show.

By *oulou45Woman  over a year ago

Bucks

I'm not watching it as I choose where I donate my money. My daughter is with her 2nd hubby a good guy he treats my grandaughter like his own. They lost a baby this year. Little carl was old enough to be registered and have a funeral it. Was heartbreakin but was good we could do that. So my money will go there

Livingston

"

Missed that, did she sing with Zippy, Bungle and George? "

nae need ginge Daz but pmsl..... xx

Watched a bit and donated then switched to Derren brown.

We are watching as the kids wanted to.. makes us realise how lucky we are to have two fabulous healthy intelligent children Think my kids have learnt more tonight than a year at school

"

Missed that, did she sing with Zippy, Bungle and George?

nae need ginge Daz but pmsl..... xx"

All together now...

Up above the streets and houses,

Rainbow climbing high.

Everyone can see it climbing

Through the sky.

Paint the whole world with a rainbow!!!

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

To be honest id rather have my well manicured nails pulled out from the nail beds than watch, poor excuse for entertainment, boring with a capital B. Worthy cause that i donate to and help raise funds for but i refuse to watch. Terry Wogan is past it although he has a great face for radio, the rest of the show is designed to mind fuck you into giving up your coin....oh and the "celebritys" are making arses of themselves which for some is a regular occurence anyway.

That is all.

She does

was more the fact she is with child and good to see her presenting during this time. Television often gets slated on how it treats females presenters. Not a pervathon from me."

Fearne's pregnant? I'll turn over pronto then in that case!!

jim sav will be looking up from down below with envy!!

"Fuck me... how much weight has Moyles lost?"

tummy tuck

evesham

tummy tuck "

he had been training hard for a while now

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

tummy tuck

he had been training hard for a while now"

shame bout his gob though

Well nearly £24 million so the Saville scandal can't have had that much of an effect on the generosity of the great British public - thank god for that - CiN may be a mawkish celeb self loving festival, but I can't dispute the fact that it helps lots of disadvantaged youngsters...boring thing is that at this time of the night, almost everything is a repeat

» Add a new message to this topic