FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Geek and Nerd

Geek and Nerd

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

According to the BBC News website "geek" and "nerd" are now positive terms. I'm a self confessed geek and don't see it as a bad thing. However 10 years ago when I left school it was seen as a bad thing that I wanted to study and I rebelled, messing up my A Levels. I wonder if being a geek had have been perceived as a good thing 10 years ago, if the rise of the Big Bang Theory and other "geek" led programs had have been 10 years ago, whether my outcome would have been different. I've since gone to university but it would have been easier if I hadn't have rebelled.

Do you think being a geek or a nerd is a good thing? Do you think the perception of being a geek or nerd has changed over the last 10 years?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

Yeah, everyone's got computers now but no one has a fucking clue what to do if they go wrong, hence us geeks have inherited the earth ! Don't even get called four-eyes anymore !

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

"Yeah, everyone's got computers now but no one has a fucking clue what to do if they go wrong, hence us geeks have inherited the earth ! Don't even get called four-eyes anymore ! "

Apparently my glasses are sexy haha - they're just a necessity to me! lol

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

geeks and nerds have reclaimed the words for themselves.

I'm more of an anorak

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I have always been a 'geek or nerd' in one way or another. Loved school and always loved games and mass multiplayer games, which is lucky for my other half or we wouldn't get long. Proud to be a geek

» Add a new message to this topic