FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > The Precipice

The Precipice

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Has the world passed the tipping point and fallen over the precipice. In Ceylon the rioters have stormed the capital government buildings over sky high fuel and food prices .. civil disobedience is running into civil disorder and politicians don't seem motivated to at least try and eradicate fossil fuel use . .

Is it too late now and when will the UK chaos start ..

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"Has the world passed the tipping point and fallen over the precipice. In Ceylon the rioters have stormed the capital government buildings over sky high fuel and food prices .. civil disobedience is running into civil disorder and politicians don't seem motivated to at least try and eradicate fossil fuel use . .

Is it too late now and when will the UK chaos start .. "

It'll be a Tuesday, but not tomorrow, I'm having my hair done.

Winston

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

Keep up Tom it's not been known as Ceylon since 1972..

It was all over the news..

By *instonandLadyAstorCouple  over a year ago

Not where we seem to be...

"Keep up Tom it's not been known as Ceylon since 1972..

It was all over the news........in 1972."

Winston

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Has the world passed the tipping point and fallen over the precipice. In Ceylon the rioters have stormed the capital government buildings"

Ceylon, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu.

Chelmsford

So what is the important point here?

It's no longer called Ceylon or starving people attacking central government ?

Why can't we all be friends Tom?

Chelmsford

"Why can't we all be friends Tom?"

We can all be friends but if you are hungry and kids not fed try standing in an orderly queue and saying, you go first

"Why can't we all be friends Tom?

We can all be friends but if you are hungry and kids not fed try standing in an orderly queue and saying, you go first "

You're right Tom. Fuck everyone else.

"Has the world passed the tipping point and fallen over the precipice. In Ceylon the rioters have stormed the capital government buildings over sky high fuel and food prices .. civil disobedience is running into civil disorder and politicians don't seem motivated to at least try and eradicate fossil fuel use . .

Seem to recall you saying how you should be allowed to drive around your V8 and stick 2 fingers up to everyone with concerns for the environment only a week or so ago?

Chelmsford

Seem to recall you saying how you should be allowed to drive around your V8 and stick 2 fingers up to everyone with concerns for the environment only a week or so ago?"

Not you again

Seem to recall you saying how you should be allowed to drive around your V8 and stick 2 fingers up to everyone with concerns for the environment only a week or so ago?

Not you again "

Yes, it's me

Chelmsford

Seem to recall you saying how you should be allowed to drive around your V8 and stick 2 fingers up to everyone with concerns for the environment only a week or so ago?"

You misunderstand.

As usual.

We have passed the point of no return.. let's all drive V12

Motors..

It makes no difference ..

We are gonners and if not your children will be and if not your grandchildren will be gonners..

You misunderstand.

As usual.

Motors..

We are gonners and if not your children will be and if not your grandchildren will be gonners.. "

A lot of improvements can still be made, and perhaps things can be reversed. These 'scientist types' seem to think so anyway. The most significant and earth altering would need to be done by large corporations, but that's not a reason individuals shouldn't also contribute.

Chelmsford

You misunderstand.

As usual.

Motors..

We are gonners and if not your children will be and if not your grandchildren will be gonners..

A lot of improvements can still be made, and perhaps things can be reversed. These 'scientist types' seem to think so anyway. The most significant and earth altering would need to be done by large corporations, but that's not a reason individuals shouldn't also contribute."

Please Please Please..

Bore somebody else.. I beg

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"

Not you again "

I was about to say the same....

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"

Please Please Please..

Bore somebody else.. I beg"

And that

By *lynJMan  over a year ago

Morden

"So what is the important point here?

It's no longer called Ceylon or starving people attacking central government ?"

Have you read the story or just the headlines? And why not call the country by it's correct name?

Chelmsford

Have you read the story or just the headlines? And why not call the country by it's correct name?"

You miss the point as usual..

Chelmsford

"

Please Please Please..

Bore somebody else.. I beg

And that"

Lovely Sharpey...

Please begone too and find another to follow..

Morden

Have you read the story or just the headlines? And why not call the country by it's correct name?

You miss the point as usual.. "

I've not missed any point.

Basically Sri Lanka (to use the country's correct name) is bankrupt. They have no foreign currency reserves so cannot import anything. Sri Lanka received some fuel supplies today, but not enough.

The Sri Lankan government are entirely to blame thanks to their policies. They are getting everything they deserve.

Presumably the World Bank or the World Monetary Fund will step in at some point.

In the meantime, the people have taken things into their own hands and effected change in the political landscape but it remains to be seen if they will get better government.

I hope that helps your understanding Tom. In future please try to call things by the correct name. The citizens of Sri Lanka will thank you for it.

Chelmsford

Basically Sri Lanka (to use the country's correct name) is bankrupt. They have no foreign currency reserves so cannot import anything. Sri Lanka received some fuel supplies today, but not enough.

The Sri Lankan government are entirely to blame thanks to their policies. They are getting everything they deserve.

Presumably the World Bank or the World Monetary Fund will step in at some point.

In the meantime, the people have taken things into their own hands and effected change in the political landscape but it remains to be seen if they will get better government.

I hope that helps your understanding Tom. In future please try to call things by the correct name. The citizens of Sri Lanka will thank you for it."

The key phrase you used is, 'the people have taken things into their own hands' , my post asked, could this happen here..?

You also said, " they are getting everything they deserve".

I wonder if you are shaped by colonial thinking..

Surely you think that these countries cannot govern themselves.. ?

Only you can explain your comment.. but please don't bother.. Tom is not remotely interested ....

Morden

I hope that helps your understanding Tom. In future please try to call things by the correct name. The citizens of Sri Lanka will thank you for it.

The key phrase you used is, 'the people have taken things into their own hands' , my post asked, could this happen here..?

Only you can explain your comment.. but please don't bother.. Tom is not remotely interested .... "

Yes, it could happen here. It has many times in the past. We just need the right catalyst.

Of course Sri Lanka can govern themselves and do so. I didn't imply otherwise.

Unfortunately the current Sri Lankan government caused the issues and that government are getting what they deserve.

Chelmsford

Only you can explain your comment.. but please don't bother.. Tom is not remotely interested ....

Yes, it could happen here. It has many times in the past. We just need the right catalyst.

Of course Sri Lanka can govern themselves and do so. I didn't imply otherwise.

Unfortunately the current Sri Lankan government caused the issues and that government are getting what they deserve."

Says the colonial judge and jury..

And your sentence?

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Is this the new Rock movie?

You misunderstand.

As usual.

Motors..

A lot of improvements can still be made, and perhaps things can be reversed. These 'scientist types' seem to think so anyway. The most significant and earth altering would need to be done by large corporations, but that's not a reason individuals shouldn't also contribute.

Please Please Please..

Bore somebody else.. I beg"

Pretty rude! Are questions you ask on these PUBLIC forums only open to those who agree with you then?

Ceylon? You hankering for a return to the days of empire?

Morden

".

Says the colonial judge and jury..

"

And you base that on?

» Add a new message to this topic