FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Salt

Salt

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

Killjoy scientists are advising us to stop adding salt to food at the table because it takes two years off our life. What's going on here?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Just another item that can kill us

I’m guessing that’s what’s going on here is……that some science types are giving advice out. To not put salt on/in food, as it’ll shorten our lives.

By *ickshawedCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

I think the scientists find you so entertaining Tom that they want to keep you around as long as possible

Can’t eat food without salt so would die quicker then so I’ll keep using my salt and sugar

We never add salt to anything

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

"Killjoy scientists are advising us to stop adding salt to food at the table because it takes two years off our life. What's going on here? "

Haven't they been giving us this news since the 1990's?

By *ellhungvweMan  over a year ago

Cheltenham

Are they saying you can’t have any salt or that most people need to just cut back because they have too much?

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I'm gonna live forever then.

I only put salt on chips and I only eat them once in a blue moon.

By *hismMan  over a year ago

Ballygonowhere

Add another 2 years to my life without salt on my food?

No thanks

"Killjoy scientists are advising us to stop adding salt to food at the table because it takes two years off our life. What's going on here? "

Remember the plants provide us with oxygen that is actually an undetected poison that kills us off gradually, so we don't think that is the cause, so they can feast on our decomposing bodies. #plantspiracy looks as though vegans are saving us.

By *he love catsCouple  over a year ago

South Wales

I add it twice once in the chip shop and again when I get home so bang goes 4 year's.

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

I imagine someone has done a study that found a correlation between people with a higher salt intake and a lower average life expectancy.

It would be nice to know if the study has been peer reviewed, how the data was collected, what statistical analysis was carried to to control for other variables and have they established a causal link between high salt intake and earlier death or just a correlation?

Mr

I add salt to foods, it’s important to replenish lost sodium through exercise

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"Killjoy scientists are advising us to stop adding salt to food at the table because it takes two years off our life. What's going on here?

Remember the plants provide us with oxygen that is actually an undetected poison that kills us off gradually, so we don't think that is the cause, so they can feast on our decomposing bodies. #plantspiracy looks as though vegans are saving us. "

This is very true.

In addition, the stress caused by reading news stories warning of things that reduce life expectancy has been scientifically proven to actually reduce life expectancy more than thing thing being reported on.

So basically you're better off not reading the news, eating and drinking what you want, doing stupid tik tok challenges, not exercising and basically not giving a fuck.

You'll live longer.

A

*possibly

**possibly not

***who knows!!

By *HaRiFMan  over a year ago

Beyond the shadows.

What's going here is larger food companies have been knowingly endangering our lives for years for the sake of profit's. Most people regularly go over the RDA of sugar and salt on a daily basis.

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

Those two years it's going to take off your life....are two years you probably don't really want anyway..

"Add another 2 years to my life without salt on my food?

No thanks "

"I add it twice once in the chip shop and again when I get home so bang goes 4 year's. "

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

The problem is people already consuming too much salt from processed foods while also being inactive.

If your active and sweat a lot, or train hard, you probably aren’t getting enough salt

I add about 3.5G of salt to every gallon of water I drink on top of salting my food. I feel better for doing it and see an increase in recovery and performance

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

[Removed by poster at 11/07/22 08:49:20]

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

I believe they say that you should have no more than 6g of salt daily. However as many said there is already far too much salt in all the food most people eat. All in moderation. And what about pepper which is my favourite

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Put msg on instead

I actually can't remember the last time I used salt. I do have some with chilli somewhere, but find most food these days has an overload of it anyway

By *tephanjMan  over a year ago

Kettering

Oh I must be dead then. Woohoo I'm a zombie

By *ebjonnsonMan  over a year ago

Maldon

"I'm gonna live forever then.

I only put salt on chips and I only eat them once in a blue moon."

And tomatoes surely?

Maldon sea salt I hope?

Maldon

It’s not the salt you sprinkle on food . It’s the stuff in processed food that will get you!

Maldon

"The problem is people already consuming too much salt from processed foods while also being inactive.

If your active and sweat a lot, or train hard, you probably aren’t getting enough salt

I add about 3.5G of salt to every gallon of water I drink on top of salting my food. I feel better for doing it and see an increase in recovery and performance "

One of the most interesting things I’ve read on here, thanks.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I would agree for many people, especially when you see people add salt to foods that are already salty but personally I never used to add salt to anything and I was getting bad cramps all the time and had to start eating more salt.

East London

"Killjoy scientists are advising us to stop adding salt to food at the table because it takes two years off our life. What's going on here?

Remember the plants provide us with oxygen that is actually an undetected poison that kills us off gradually, so we don't think that is the cause, so they can feast on our decomposing bodies. #plantspiracy looks as though vegans are saving us. "

Plants orchestrated the Covid pandemic and got animals on board.

Plants weakened our immune system and made us susceptible to respiratory viruses, and animals threw in the grenade...boom!!!

By *irthandgirthMan  over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

You definitely need salts in your diet. Just make sure you regulate its intake.

East London

"I'm gonna live forever then.

I only put salt on chips and I only eat them once in a blue moon.

And tomatoes surely?

Maldon sea salt I hope? "

I rarely eat tomatoes. I add a little salt to my roast potatoes when I par boil them, and a pinch into my pasta sauce. My table and rock salt lasts for ages.

I have to admit though that I drink a lot of Lucozade, so I'm getting salt that way

By *irthandgirthMan  over a year ago

Camberley occasionally doncaster

"I would agree for many people, especially when you see people add salt to foods that are already salty but personally I never used to add salt to anything and I was getting bad cramps all the time and had to start eating more salt. "

My dad likes to have some dinner with his salt. No idea how he eats it.

By *ayHaychMan  over a year ago

Leeds (Home) / Sheffield (Work)

Reminds me of the movie Demolition Man.

By *ranny-CrumpetWoman  over a year ago

King's Crustacean

Were you reading a chiselled rock in the desert Tom ?

Scientists and Health Officials have been saying don't add salt at the table or in cooking for decades.

Chelmsford

"Were you reading a chiselled rock in the desert Tom ?

Scientists and Health Officials have been saying don't add salt at the table or in cooking for decades. "

If only Granny. It's all over the news today but the difference is that these particular science types have added how much life will lost of your total. It's a bit like these science shamen types who used to say that smoking a cigarette knocked eight minutes off your life.

Tom knewa man who smokes 40 a day and it actually saved his life. He went out of his office to smoke and while he was out the building was bombed killing everyone inside. Smoking saved his life but these science types never explain the benefits

I love plenty of salt add it as I cook and again at the table plenty of it

By *i_guy_sloughMan  over a year ago

Langley

I’m fed up of listening to the tales of don’t eat/drink x,y or z because it will shorten your life or give you cancer… I’m not going to worry too much about losing 2 years of being sat in a care home with no memory of who the people around me are.

"I add it twice once in the chip shop and again when I get home so bang goes 4 year's. "
me to

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Enough salt in food. Although I do add it to chips.

If that were true I'd have died in 1973.

I was born in '76

By *heNerdyFembyWoman  over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

My GP has advised the opposite to me, as I have a strange blood pressure thing.

Chelmsford

"My GP has advised the opposite to me, as I have a strange blood pressure thing."

Does it affect the mind?

By *iscean_dreamMan  over a year ago

Port talbot

"I add it twice once in the chip shop and again when I get home so bang goes 4 year's. me to "

And me, they never put enough on

Liverpool

"My GP has advised the opposite to me, as I have a strange blood pressure thing."

Oh I know someone else who's the same. She kept fainting.

By *hubbycheckerMan  over a year ago

Porstmouth

Surely we consume more salt than they did say 100yrs ago and yet we are living longer lives in general now days so I can't see how this is a thing

By *ooBulMan  over a year ago

Missin’ Yo’ Kissin’

Do salty sea men count?

Are they getting too much of their daily dose do you think?

Chelmsford

"Surely we consume more salt than they did say 100yrs ago and yet we are living longer lives in general now days so I can't see how this is a thing "

It's these science types trying to earn a reputation out of nothing more than scaremonger tactics..

Missin’ Yo’ Kissin’

"My GP has advised the opposite to me, as I have a strange blood pressure thing.

Oh I know someone else who's the same. She kept fainting. "

Attack of the Vapours?

....No, it was just the way she walked! Ba -bum.

"Surely we consume more salt than they did say 100yrs ago and yet we are living longer lives in general now days so I can't see how this is a thing "

We do consume more salt than we did 100 years ago and it is beneficial within a healthy recommended amount, but that’s not the reason we are living longer…

Some are though increasing the risks associated with high sodium intake which is not healthy. Which can shorten your life. So it is a thing…

Adding salt to processed foods that already have enough salt in can increase the chances of heart disease and various other problems…

Liverpool

We are but a lot of that is down to things like vaccinations.

Missin’ Yo’ Kissin’

I make all my own food from scratch. No salt added to season. Don't want it.

Only add low sodium salt at the end on me food.

Surely in Summer that would help when you perspire or glow?

Talking of sweat on me bum crack dont want a sore botty! So for lowering the tone....

Missin’ Yo’ Kissin’

I meant sorry!

By *ilverjagMan  over a year ago

swansea

Well here's my take on this. Salt is supposed to increase your blood pressure, well documented fact. Now viagara was developed initially as a blood pressure increasing drug. However in clinical trials men were reporting prolonged and sustained erections. So the drug was apparently further refined to only increase the blood pressure below the belt. So with that in mind, I keep up the salt consumption, and keep up the blood pressure below the belt as well as everywhere else. As it's something that seems to be working, no need to mend it!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

People like bland food and want to take joy out of other people's lives.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"Well here's my take on this. Salt is supposed to increase your blood pressure, well documented fact. Now viagara was developed initially as a blood pressure increasing drug. However in clinical trials men were reporting prolonged and sustained erections. So the drug was apparently further refined to only increase the blood pressure below the belt. So with that in mind, I keep up the salt consumption, and keep up the blood pressure below the belt as well as everywhere else. As it's something that seems to be working, no need to mend it! "

You can't target where the blood pressure increases

It's like pain killers. They don't know where to target. They just numb everywhere.

Chelmsford

Targeted pain killers would be great to be fair...

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Well here's my take on this. Salt is supposed to increase your blood pressure, well documented fact. Now viagara was developed initially as a blood pressure increasing drug. However in clinical trials men were reporting prolonged and sustained erections. So the drug was apparently further refined to only increase the blood pressure below the belt. So with that in mind, I keep up the salt consumption, and keep up the blood pressure below the belt as well as everywhere else. As it's something that seems to be working, no need to mend it!

You can't target where the blood pressure increases

It's like pain killers. They don't know where to target. They just numb everywhere. "

Sildenafil works by inhibiting an specific enzyme in the corpus cavernosum. So it is targeted to the penis. It also has some very limited action in dilating blood vessels in the lungs.

Chelmsford

Is there a gel that Tom can rub on to negate the effects of the nonsense be spread by in pretend science types..

He needs numbing ...

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Is there a gel that Tom can rub on to negate the effects of the nonsense be spread by in pretend science types..

He needs numbing ..."

Try EMLA cream. Comes in tiny little squirty pots, so should be just right to numb the key areas

Chelmsford

"Is there a gel that Tom can rub on to negate the effects of the nonsense be spread by in pretend science types..

He needs numbing ...

Try EMLA cream. Comes in tiny little squirty pots, so should be just right to numb the key areas "

Good for fisting ?

By *lynJMan  over a year ago

Morden

"Surely we consume more salt than they did say 100yrs ago and yet we are living longer lives in general now days so I can't see how this is a thing

It's these science types trying to earn a reputation out of nothing more than scaremonger tactics.. "

Not all scientists, surely?

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I think it’s aimed at those people who eat that food from packets and tins already loaded in salt. If you make your own food it’s fine to add a bit of salt.

If you eat cheap white bread and pot noddles you may as well add salt and at least die happy

» Add a new message to this topic