FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Downing Tools

Downing Tools

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *oeBeans OP   Man  over a year ago

Derby

So I've almost finished the first week of my 4 week notice and can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm still finding myself getting irritated by the same things that made me want to leave because I still want to do my job efficiently.

Are you able to just disconnect from where you're working if you're leaving or do you still feel the need to try as hard as you can until the last day?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"So I've almost finished the first week of my 4 week notice and can see the light at the end of the tunnel, but I'm still finding myself getting irritated by the same things that made me want to leave because I still want to do my job efficiently.

Are you able to just disconnect from where you're working if you're leaving or do you still feel the need to try as hard as you can until the last day?"

I'm self employed so I never get to leave.

I'm either out working, working from home, dealing with emails or calls pretty much 7 days a week.

Beats a mon-fri 9-5 any day of the week though and I can call the boss a walker as much as I like these days without fear of reprisals.

A

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

Being a nurse, it's in my nature to keep doing my best until the last day. I am hoping to change the direction of my job soon but will continue to give all that I can x

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I was planning on just leaving my last job as they had more staff then they needed but I gave them notice and they managed to shaft me on pay on my final wages so I took the last week off sick

By *ndauntedMan  over a year ago

wilts

I’m 2 weeks into a 3 month notice period, and feel your pain. I’m trying to prepare things for a seamless handover but feel like the team just don’t get that I WILL be leaving. You can only do your best

Sometimes doing the right thing is doing what's right for you.

By *ily WhiteWoman  over a year ago

?

The last two times I've handed my resignation in I've been put on instant gardening leave, so I haven't had this dilemma...but, I think my answer would depend on the company, my superiors, and how I have been treated during my employment. Obviously customer service would still be my priority, but if I don't think they've been a good employer then I'm not going to go above and beyond my job description during a notice period. It's a tricky one as I work in an industry where the same people move between the same employers, so I can never completely burn bridges as I never know who is going to pop up where.

Nope. I’m like you op. I’m doing a job today and tomorrow which I left last week.

This morning I was telling someone how to do something more efficiently in the future…. There is no future. I even set the process up just for a small run. But, who knows eh?

I’m a true believer of trying not to be that guy they are referring to when someone says ‘who the fuck did this?’

If you need to health before wealth and party on a school night do it op. Remember you don't need to drink to have fun

Used to love pushing myself to get the job done now don't care if nothing gets done I've no commitment to them come 5 im out finished or not just here for the money now

I take it home all the time

By *cotty1376Man  over a year ago

PRESTON

In my eyes , i work for the customer and owe them the right that i work to my full potential , i have just left a club i was managing and gave 100% until the day i left. Got a nice week off now until my new venture.

Why any employer forces anybody to work their notice is beyond belief these days.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

If I fire someone it’s instant and out of hours with all access removed straight away and an agreement they can’t contact any staff until gardening leave finishes, normally 3-9 months depending on how much trouble they make.

The last thing you want is people still there if they are technically gone. You can also spot when someone is planning to go , they update linkedin and start exporting outlook files.

By *iman2100Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

I had 3 redundancies and enjoyed slowing down in the notice periods. Don't worry. The feeling of "I won't start this because I will never finish it " is perfectly natural. Chill ...

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Thought this was about number 10

"Thought this was about number 10"

Bojo secured the bag and now he's living off his multi-million farm

» Add a new message to this topic