FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Organisational ocd's

Organisational ocd's

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *Ryan- OP   Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Without mentioning any names as I'm sure they will find it very tempting to comment.

A person I know like to organise their cd and DVD collection into genres and alphabetical order.

Does anybody else have any strange ocd's ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

thought it was just natural to do that?

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

"Without mentioning any names as I'm sure they will find it very tempting to comment.

A person I know like to organise their cd and DVD collection into genres and alphabetical order.

Does anybody else have any strange ocd's ? "

I thought everyone did that

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

[Removed by poster at 15/11/12 18:46:07]

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

Any fit men with ocd fancy alphabetising my books?

I say very nice thank yous

All our DVDs CDs and books are organised in alphabetical order, books are in genre as are the DVDs, thought everyone did this

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

Ohh god no not me....

By *upitersmileCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

I've never done anythIng like that, I'm rubbish at organising things. Which is why I'm always running round like a loon trying to find things!

My house might look tidy, but if you opened the draws and cupboards it would all spill out!!

By *heekychezzaWoman  over a year ago

warrington

"Without mentioning any names as I'm sure they will find it very tempting to comment.

See...that makes total sense to me...especially if you've got a large collection. I also have my books arranged in sections a bit like the library...allthe crime/thrillers together etc.

My sister reckons I've got OCD with regards to jigsaw puzzles, cos I sort all the pieces into piles the same shape and then have them all lined up in rows on trays.

I get grief at work for my tools and work area, everything in its place, tools and test equipment straight and in size order....... I have OCD at work and home, what's wrong with cans in size and labels facing front ??

In Your Bush

It's not so much the act of doing it. It's the sweats that start if one is out of place

I organise my books by height lol

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

"I get grief at work for my tools and work area, everything in its place, tools and test equipment straight and in size order....... I have OCD at work and home, what's wrong with cans in size and labels facing front ?? "

Can your sort my place out...

In Your Bush

Oi lurker join in the discussion. You know you want to

By *uyuksno1Man  over a year ago

poole

anything that has a title or dust cover in our house is sorted that way + i always know when they have been moved

"I get grief at work for my tools and work area, everything in its place, tools and test equipment straight and in size order....... I have OCD at work and home, what's wrong with cans in size and labels facing front ??

Can your sort my place out... "

What's it worth ?

By *issBehavingxxWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

My clothes have to be in item order (dresses, then suits, then trousers, then skirts, then tops) and within the items they have to be in colour order...

If something gets in the wrong place I have to wash it again and put it in the right placr

"Any fit men with ocd fancy alphabetising my books?

I say very nice thank yous "

Does that offer only apply to guys with OCD? I haven't got OCD but I do work in a library...

Let's start at the beginning.... It's CDO... Ahhh, feel better already

[Removed by poster at 15/11/12 19:05:04]

"It's not so much the act of doing it. It's the sweats that start if one is out of place

I organise my books by height lol"

Christ how many pop up books have you got????

We have OCD bookcases, games, DVD's. Also the kitchen cupboards everything has to be in the right place and lined up.

The fridges and freezers have to be stacked in the right way!

M's wardrobe has to be organised in a certain way as does his t-shirt drawer!

My wardrobes well work stuff in one side, however I am not as fussy with my other clothes and M took it upon himself a few weekends ago to organise my stuff

I can't find a sodding thing and he also now realises how many clothes and handbags and shoes I have

Says I am not allowed anything else

I do the same with my DVDs

By * starr -Woman  over a year ago

Burton on Trent.

yep, i line my tins up, books by writer and cd's in alphabetical order.i like to have order in my household but i wouldnt say i have OCD.

By *plankyMan  over a year ago

Beeston

All my CDs are organised alphabetically by Artist, or by Album, or by Genre, or in date order of when I added them into iTunes (thank you Apple!).

By *plankyMan  over a year ago

Beeston

ocd means Organised Compact Discs?

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

When I put washing on the line the pegs have to match per clothing item, that is if the pegs are mixed. Colour/Wood/Plastic.

Its the only one I have. Wouldnt bother me if the socks on my feet didnt match

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

dear oh dear .. this makes for scary reading !!

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

CD's are organized alphabetically by Artist, then Album title. This is done for individual artists/bands, then live albums, then single artist compilations, then multi-artist compilations !

Got over 2000 and can't find the bugger's any other way !

In Your Bush

"dear oh dear .. this makes for scary reading !! "

Surely the ones you put on your nipple aren't in random order?

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

oh yes .. chaos rules here !!

My wardrobe is kid of in colour order-ish. Cans have the labels facing forward so I can see what they are. That's about as tidy as I get though.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

Just so that OCD doesn't get a bad name, or vice versa. OCD is an anxiety disorder, such that someone with it would get very intrusive levels of anxiety, thoughts etc, that would almost compel them to complete their ritualistic behaviour.

It's possible to be excessively determined to organise, or do any behaviour, without it potentially being a disorder as such, perhaps reflective of someone's desire for neatness, things to look good, be simple to access etc.

Including bootlegs I've got 130 David Bowie CD's. They're in Chronological order. Our son swaps them round when he comes over but they're easy to put back cos they're also in chronological order in my head

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Mine is in Genre then Alphabetical order, but it's an extensive collection that would be impossible to shelve any other way.

"thought it was just natural to do that? "

God no! My cds are all over the place in all sorts of order. I take them out to the car and play them for a few months, get fed up with them, bring them in again and dump them wherever before getting a new load and taking them out. I've lost loads of cds doing that.

In Your Bush

"thought it was just natural to do that?

God no! My cds are all over the place in all sorts of order. I take them out to the car and play them for a few months, get fed up with them, bring them in again and dump them wherever before getting a new load and taking them out. I've lost loads of cds doing that."

Yep sounds like mine. Even more so since iPod docks came in

"Just so that OCD doesn't get a bad name, or vice versa. OCD is an anxiety disorder, such that someone with it would get very intrusive levels of anxiety, thoughts etc, that would almost compel them to complete their ritualistic behaviour.

It's possible to be excessively determined to organise, or do any behaviour, without it potentially being a disorder as such, perhaps reflective of someone's desire for neatness, things to look good, be simple to access etc. "

I think everyone has mild OCD as we all like things to be done a certain way, or things to be in a certain order. For most of us it's an easy way to remember where something is or how it should be, but with some people it becomes so compulsive that it takes over pretty much every aspect of their lives.

God no! My cds are all over the place in all sorts of order. I take them out to the car and play them for a few months, get fed up with them, bring them in again and dump them wherever before getting a new load and taking them out. I've lost loads of cds doing that.

Yep sounds like mine. Even more so since iPod docks came in"

I wonder if Apple have done any market research into sales penetration to people with OCD. I'd wage that they wouldn't find many customers there lol

In Your Bush

"Just so that OCD doesn't get a bad name, or vice versa. "

Can a bad name get OCD ?

I wish people would stop referring to OCD's

THEY'RE CDO's

alphabetical order,you see

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"Any fit men with ocd fancy alphabetising my books?

I say very nice thank yous

Does that offer only apply to guys with OCD? I haven't got OCD but I do work in a library..."

Hmmmmmmm

"I wish people would stop referring to OCD's

THEY'RE CDO's

alphabetical order,you see"

{chuckles}

It does seem a bit silly to give a name to a condition that, when abbreviated, isn't in order.

I like to have all the cells centred vertically and horizontally in a spreadsheet.

I have lists for packing for different types of trips.

By *ust_for_laughsCouple  over a year ago

Hinckley

Yep sounds like mine. Even more so since iPod docks came in

I wonder if Apple have done any market research into sales penetration to people with OCD. I'd wage that they wouldn't find many customers there lol "

They didn't do a very good job...iTunes must be the only indexing system in the world that thinks special characters and numerics go at the end of the alphabet !

Books also all arranged in height order - biggest at the left to smallest on the right - the dishwasher has to be loaded in a certain way too and my airing cupboard is very neat and tidy too - but these are the only things of exceptional order

I'm a little OCD about curtains, if they are open they need to be exactly the same both sides and when they are drawn the pleats have to be exactly the same width apart...and also my tins jars and bottles all have to be lined up and with the labels facing front. Oh and anything placed on a table has to be square and not at an angle lol

Fusion

» Add a new message to this topic