FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Do you dress up just for the smallest thing?

Do you dress up just for the smallest thing?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *hagTonight OP   Man  over a year ago

From the land of haribos.

I always do that, even if I am just getting some milk at the shops or going out to throw the rubbish. I think that you should always give a good impression

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ndauntedMan  over a year ago

wilts

Not really. I’m not too worried about the impression I give off to randoms in the supermarket.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

I dress up for me rather than the occasion tbh, because my weekly outfit is boring functional work related, I like to flair when I can

By *nliveneTV/TS  over a year ago

Selby

I'm always naked

By *idlandiaMan  over a year ago

Birmingham

"I dress up for me rather than the occasion tbh, because my weekly outfit is boring functional work related, I like to flair when I can "

Love the star wars panties.

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

No. I'm in a work uniform most of the week and the rest of the time I'd say I'm presentable but comfy..only dress up when going out out x

By *inkycatWoman  over a year ago

High Wycombe

I always make an effort - you never know who you might meet!

By *eneralKenobiMan  over a year ago

North Angus

Not really, the difference between me being smartly dressed and not is if I’m wearing a hockey jersey

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Yes I never leave the house in a non presentable state

But that’s me

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

"I always do that, even if I am just getting some milk at the shops or going out to throw the rubbish. I think that you should always give a good impression "

What are you dressing up in to take the rubbish out?

By *arker secrets 321Man  over a year ago

West Bromwich

I'm always in work gear so I'm pretty scuffy .wen I do go out do like 2 look my best x

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Yes I do Shag. I try to always look my best. I agree with you that a good impression is important not only to other people but more importantly to yourself. I'm a strong believer that the outside reflects the inside.

I "dress up" dress up. Any excuse to go full on Disney villian or sexy clown. Can't wait for world book day at school. If I could be a clown 24/7 I probably would..

By *inx.x3Woman  over a year ago

Bath

No … I work from home and I normally just put a pair of leggings and a oversized jumper on. People don’t need to see me so I dress comfty.

If I go up to the shop I stay in the same clothing. I don’t care what people think of me

However, I do dress up when going out properly.

By *2000ManMan  over a year ago

Worthing

Smart casual most of time.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"No … I work from home and I normally just put a pair of leggings and a oversized jumper on. People don’t need to see me so I dress comfty.

If I go up to the shop I stay in the same clothing. I don’t care what people think of me

However, I do dress up when going out properly. "

I don't care what people think of me really but I like to make an impression. It's my experience that people judge me negatively for what I wear an awful lot of the time and even feel it's ok to comment .

By *inx.x3Woman  over a year ago

Bath

"No … I work from home and I normally just put a pair of leggings and a oversized jumper on. People don’t need to see me so I dress comfty.

I don't care what people think of me really but I like to make an impression. It's my experience that people judge me negatively for what I wear an awful lot of the time and even feel it's ok to comment .

"

I have that kind of face that people tend to avoid talking to when out never had any comments

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I have that kind of face that people tend to avoid talking to when out never had any comments "

I seem to have the 'tell me your problems then criticise my outfit' kind of face.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"I always do that, even if I am just getting some milk at the shops or going out to throw the rubbish. I think that you should always give a good impression "

I realised during lockdown that if I lounged around in t shirts, I'd have a lot of very nice clothes that would never again see daylight. So, yes, I make an effort most days.

No, I used to though. Now I pretty much slob around in T shirt and shorts. I haven't ironed anything regularly since lockdown 1.0..

By *ampWithABrainWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Not really a leisure wear person never have been, more casual often nude at home but when I’m going out even if only to the shop it’s usually smart casual and if I’m going into town definitely make an effort.

Shorts n vest no matter where including weddings and funerals

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

No not really.I wear a uniform for work and go to work in leggings and a top so I can change quickly .The same when I'm at home I dress for comfort and will just run to the shop if I need something wearing that. On the odd occasion if I'm meeting friends or feel like dressing up a bit I will but normally no I dress casual.

By *awtybikerMan  over a year ago

Barnoldswick

Depends what you mean by dress up?

I make sure I’m wearing clean clothes etc whenever I’m going out of the house

The only time I don’t care what I’m wearing is if I’m in the middle of a DIY job and need something from B&Q etc

There are different levels of dressing up, surely? I won't be wearing a party dress to do the tip run, but I'm not a joggers and t-shirt kinda gal either. Wearing mud encrusted cargo trousers and steel toe cap boots for work gets boring and I like to look fairly presentable the rest of the time.

By *oo..Woman  over a year ago

Boo's World

I don't think I know how to "dress down" , I rarely do it

"Not really. I’m not too worried about the impression I give off to randoms in the supermarket."
That is also good .

"I dress up for me rather than the occasion tbh, because my weekly outfit is boring functional work related, I like to flair when I can "
Yes, that sounds also good to do that

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

"There are different levels of dressing up, surely? I won't be wearing a party dress to do the tip run, but I'm not a joggers and t-shirt kinda gal either. Wearing mud encrusted cargo trousers and steel toe cap boots for work gets boring and I like to look fairly presentable the rest of the time."

A woman in cargo pants and safety boots does it for me. Dunno what industry you work in but for me there's a massive gender bias towards men. The few women who do make a go of it tend to be very good at their jobs and have a no nonsense approach. I've assumed both of these are pretty much prerequisites to make a career in such a male dominated environment but (somewhat counterproductively) they mostly have the effect of making said person even more attractive to me - not that I'd ever act in a way that shows this.

Mr

By *ooBulMan  over a year ago

Missin’ Yo’ Kissin’

Do you mean going shopping in a suit? No, not practical.

Gardening - def not!

Taking the bin down for the bin men - hell no!

"There are different levels of dressing up, surely? I won't be wearing a party dress to do the tip run, but I'm not a joggers and t-shirt kinda gal either. Wearing mud encrusted cargo trousers and steel toe cap boots for work gets boring and I like to look fairly presentable the rest of the time.

A woman in cargo pants and safety boots does it for me. Dunno what industry you work in but for me there's a massive gender bias towards men. The few women who do make a go of it tend to be very good at their jobs and have a no nonsense approach. I've assumed both of these are pretty much prerequisites to make a career in such a male dominated environment but (somewhat counterproductively) they mostly have the effect of making said person even more attractive to me - not that I'd ever act in a way that shows this.

Mr

"

In my line of work I’ve never seen a female but I know they do exsist but I’ve never meet one

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

To answer the OP, my clothes are mostly chosen for practicality and comfort. They keep me warm, protected and comfortable. Some are designed for particular uses - work, cycling, running etc and if

I'm wearing these at the time I wouldn't dream of changing them simply to put the bins out.

I prefer people to assess me based on my actions rather than my clothes. Frankly, if my clothes mean I've made the wrong impression I'm utterly uninterested in your shallow opinion - this isn't aimed at anyone in this thread, just people in general.

Mr

Yes when I am going out, I often get good comments about my shirts.

"Yes I do Shag. I try to always look my best. I agree with you that a good impression is important not only to other people but more importantly to yourself. I'm a strong believer that the outside reflects the inside. "
That sounds good and yes. I also believe that the outside reflects the inside

"I always do that, even if I am just getting some milk at the shops or going out to throw the rubbish. I think that you should always give a good impression

What are you dressing up in to take the rubbish out?"

I just put on a nice shirt and trousers, a matching pair. I have those muscle tight fit shirts that shows of your figure

I would say that I have the casual/sporty style

"There are different levels of dressing up, surely? I won't be wearing a party dress to do the tip run, but I'm not a joggers and t-shirt kinda gal either. Wearing mud encrusted cargo trousers and steel toe cap boots for work gets boring and I like to look fairly presentable the rest of the time."
You are right there as there are different levels of it. I didnt mean the level of the suit style of a candle light dinner. I meant more of a casual/smart style

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

Courses for horses really. However it does not sit well with me seeing people in their scruffs or dressed as if they were on the beach or their own back garden. I like to think I am not a snob but just does not seem right to me but of course each to their own.

By *lirtyAndFunCouple  over a year ago

Rushden

Not really, my dress up clothes are not really daytime public suitable lol

By *ryandseeMan  over a year ago

Yorkshire

"Courses for horses really. However it does not sit well with me seeing people in their scruffs or dressed as if they were on the beach or their own back garden. I like to think I am not a snob but just does not seem right to me but of course each to their own. "

It was meant to sau seeing people in town or out shopping.

By *eneralKenobiMan  over a year ago

North Angus

Thinking about it now I stick on basques and stockings for a wank so maybe I do dress up for the little things

Yes. Even a minion movie at the cinema.

By *ohn KanakaMan  over a year ago

Not all that North of North London

I mean, I always wear clean clothes? So of that's the benchmark, yes I make an effort! But I suspect, cargo shorts and tees/hoody or running kit or cycling kit isn't dressed up!

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

I rarely dress up, so no

Glasgow

"I don't think I know how to "dress down" , I rarely do it "

If I’m honest this is me! I don’t know HOW to wear more leisurely clothes they don’t seem to look right on me and I don’t just mean now I’m older and…ahem…curvier but even when I was a young skinny wee thing if I wore leggings, sweatshirt and trainers people asked if I was ok!!

I am rather stuck in a fashion rut possibly too insofar as I dress pretty much as I did in my 20’s. Tailored skirt or trousers and blouse, or a smart dress, tights or stockings (rarely bare legs) and “proper” shoes - boots in winter. Hair always neatly presented (love my hair accessories) co-ordinated jewellery, make up not ott, smart bag (I can’t pull off slouchy there even!)

I don’t know how else to dress to look presentable. If I wear jeans then again smart style could never pull of the ripped/distressed thing, nice top and boots.

Are we the only ones that struggle with a more relaxed style?

By *hoirCouple  over a year ago

Clacton/Bury St. Edmunds

Yes, I dress up so it hides my small penis

C

Glasgow

"Thinking about it now I stick on basques and stockings for a wank so maybe I do dress up for the little things "

Well you’re not the only one there either!

I have been known to wear a dressing gown to the 24 hr petty station from time to time

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I'm not spending an hour getting dressed up to drag my bins down the path.

I don't even bother when I go to my shop.

Certain professions do not afford to be looking nice.

» Add a new message to this topic