FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > messages what do you do?

messages what do you do?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

This is not a rant or a whine.

Do you store the messages from people you like but don't reply till your ready to meet.

I ask because I've messaged a few I would really like to chat to and maybe meet, they've read the messages over a week ago but didn't delete them. I don't like to message again till they message me as It's just not the done thing in my book. So is keeping read messages you don't reply to a sign they are intreasted but not ready to chat?

Even someone asked me to chat and I replied within minutes, they read my reply almost instantly but just stored it without replying. Which I found pretty odd TBO.

Any ideas?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I tend to reply as soon as I get the chance. I also tell people straight away whether there is a potential for meeting or not as I dont like stringing anybody along.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I would leave them in your folder and see if they get back to you

good luck

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"This is not a rant or a whine.

Do you store the messages from people you like but don't reply till your ready to meet.

I ask because I've messaged a few I would really like to chat to and maybe meet, they've read the messages over a week ago but didn't delete them. I don't like to message again till they message me as It's just not the done thing in my book. So is keeping read messages you don't reply to a sign they are intreasted but not ready to chat?

Even someone asked me to chat and I replied within minutes, they read my reply almost instantly but just stored it without replying. Which I found pretty odd TBO.

Any ideas?

"

Welcome Dr Chaos!

You are more than entitled to rant on a Thursday (see official forum rules and regulations section somethingorother!)

There are many possible explanations.

1. They may well be contemplating a reply but are a tad busy

2. They may not want to reply or can't think of what to say right now

3. Their delete button is broken

4. They are a couple and one half doesn't get released from prison for another week so they're waiting to ensure both like the look of you.

6. They get lots of messages and are waiting to grade the quality of all recieved during a given time period before deciding based on a complex equation which to delete, reply to, or forward to a panel of independant assessors for further guidance.

7. They're not really who you think they are and are in fact a 67 yr old guy called Derek from Uganda.

8. They are just attention seekers.

9. They get so many messages that yours has simply fallen off the bottom of the page and once they've deleted all the dull one liners and ones from folk who haven't read their specific profile needs you may stand a better chance of a reply.

10. Answer number 5 is only available to those able to mind read. Which is probably the most suitable answer to your question.

Sometimes you just never know what's going through the minds of thoseyou message. All you can do is be polite in your wording, ensure you fit their criteria and have read their profile thoroughly - and keep your fingers crossed!!

Good luck and enjoy!!!

"This is not a rant or a whine.

Any ideas?

"

An immediate attraction will get a prompt reply, a not interested will get a quick no thanks or just deleted. The Read but not replied are still in the thought process and will get back to if we want to chat at some point. We don't mind what people do with ors though as we know lots of people don't have lots of time to reply.

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

I rarely delete, I just let them fall off the bottom of my inbox.

Although I do reply to most.

"4. They are a couple and one half doesn't get released from prison for another week so they're waiting to ensure both like the look of you.

7. They're not really who you think they are and are in fact a 67 yr old guy called Derek from Uganda.

"

Number 4 is mostly true, missed out the bit where after both have seen it they forget / can't be arsed to delete it.

Number 7 That Derek is a lying git, told me he was 64 and called Kevin

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

I have a clear out maybe once or twice a month, so read messages can lie around for a while.

There's no 'Oh I'll keep that one for later' type thing going on, I'm just an email slob.

Maybe the people you have messaged are the same?

"I tend to reply as soon as I get the chance. I also tell people straight away whether there is a potential for meeting or not as I dont like stringing anybody along. "

This what us blokes like

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Cool, I'll just wait and see what happens. Cheers guys.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Mine are just left there read as i dont delete my inbox very often. If ive read and not replied it usually means im not interested

I tend to have a rhonk about every guy who messages me, then once I've decided to reply I go through my messages deleting the ones I'm not interested in. Then I reply to the ones I like. This can all take a bit of time. It's made much easier by impatient men who message me again within a short time (5 minutes was the worst!) asking me why I've not replied.

So my advice would be to leave it about a week and if you are still keen send a non pushy, pleasant second message. This has sometimes worked well with me as it does take me a while at times to reply and, if I liked you, would result in a prompt response.

A think not a rhonk!!!

By *anSusieCouple  over a year ago

Midlothian

Hubby often works away during the week,so we keep msgs.till he had chance to catch-up.....nice msgs get a reply from me asap,rude ones deleted:no need for hubby to see and the: not sure yet kept till we both read them.

If you haven't send them a Wink yet,use it as a little reminder of you

"Mine are just left there read as i dont delete my inbox very often. If ive read and not replied it usually means im not interested"

Same here

» Add a new message to this topic