FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Ryanair Drinks Probe

Ryanair Drinks Probe

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ssex_tom OP   Man  over a year ago

Chelmsford

An Air Steward on a Ryanair flight has been sacked for drinking the complimentary bottled of spirits and wine whilst on a flight. His ability to carry out an aviation function was impaired by drink it was found at court. What's going on here guys?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Someone was sacked for drinking while working. Probably counts as gross misconduct on it's own, as well as likely being explicitly against company policy. I mean, I'm not 100% sure, but from what you told us, I think that's what's going on here.

By *lynJMan  over a year ago

Morden

"Someone was sacked for drinking while working. Probably counts as gross misconduct on it's own, as well as likely being explicitly against company policy. I mean, I'm not 100% sure, but from what you told us, I think that's what's going on here."

Plus, possibly, stealing company property.

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"An Air Steward on a Ryanair flight has been sacked for drinking the complimentary bottled of spirits and wine whilst on a flight. His ability to carry out an aviation function was impaired by drink it was found at court. What's going on here guys?"

Thank it's pretty self explanatory.

Chelmsford

"Someone was sacked for drinking while working. Probably counts as gross misconduct on it's own, as well as likely being explicitly against company policy. I mean, I'm not 100% sure, but from what you told us, I think that's what's going on here."

This was was actually heard in a court of law.

It's all over the news

By *rFunBoyMan  over a year ago

Longridge

Aren't Air Stewards responsible for the safety of passengers in the eventbof an emergency and during the course of a flight?

Anyone at work in an intoxicated state, whether during or the morning after where safety is an issue should be sacked.

I once reported a pilot who was an alcoholic to Manchester Airport who removed him from a flight just before taxiing out to be found 3 times over the legal limit.

Hus drinking was daily, how would you feel as a passenger if you knew your pilot was inebriated. Most flights, he'd continue drinking on board.

DTs and 6x coffees in the morning..

By *rDiscretionXXXMan  over a year ago

Gilfach

The legal limit for cabin crew is 20 milligrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of blood. If he was over that limit, he should be sacked and prosecuted.

By *wisted999Man  over a year ago

North Bucks

The way he downed the spirits would make me puke.

He was a bit of a silly Billy for doing it on camera.

Chelmsford

Well he got caught and he was up before the beak and they threw the book at him. Not sure he will work in aviation for a while.

Anybody who is drinking while at work unless they are a professional wine or other alcohol taster should expect to lose their job.

Tom is dredging the bottom of the barrel!!!

What’s going on here guys???

T

By *lynJMan  over a year ago

Morden

"Well he got caught and he was up before the beak and they threw the book at him. Not sure he will work in aviation for a while. "

It's not just the aviation industry that frowns on such behaviour.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

Could have been worse.

Could have been the pilot.

A

By *obyn GravesTV/TS  over a year ago

1127 walnut avenue

It's all over the booze..

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

I like Rayan Air, their Tik Tok is one of the best corporate accounts there is , I’m sure the little planes will be discussing this tomorrow on tik tok

By *1bttmMan  over a year ago

Shoreditch east London

Totally illegal as already said. Gross misconduct and jeopardises the safety of the passengers on board should an emergency situation arise. Only way out of that would've been to admit to being alcoholic at the time and then the company would've had to shown a duty of care and got him help. But he's gone past that and being prosecuted by the CPS for putting the aircraft and safety of passengers at risk. Loads of safety implications and he woulda known these as it's one of the strictest rules applied in the industry. A lot of countries do checks either randomly or because of tip offs. The rule applies to any airline operating into its country.

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Anybody who is drinking while at work unless they are a professional wine or other alcohol taster should expect to lose their job. "

Ridiculous

"Anybody who is drinking while at work unless they are a professional wine or other alcohol taster should expect to lose their job.

Ridiculous "

Why is that ridiculous?

By *ools and the brainCouple  over a year ago

couple, us we him her.

"Anybody who is drinking while at work unless they are a professional wine or other alcohol taster should expect to lose their job.

Ridiculous

Why is that ridiculous? "

I'm not even going to explain if you think anyone anywhere doing any job ,who has a drink unless a professional taster should be sacked.

Ridiculous

Why is that ridiculous?

I'm not even going to explain if you think anyone anywhere doing any job ,who has a drink unless a professional taster should be sacked."

Because almost every single employer will expect their employee not to be drinking while working. I'm not sure why you think that is ridiculous. So I think you do need to explain it because what you've said doesn't make sense.

By *oan of DArcCouple  over a year ago

Glasgow

"Anybody who is drinking while at work unless they are a professional wine or other alcohol taster should expect to lose their job. "

Must be lots of professional wine tasters working at No 10

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

You don't know any City workers I presume.

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Must be lots of professional wine tasters working at No 10 "

And for banks, insurance companies etc.

Chelmsford

I think he should be sacked.. after all.. at 30,000 feet when my plane is plummeting into the ground then I expect my air stewards and stewardesses to announce that their training will save us

Ryanair give complimentary drinks??

Chelmsford

"Ryanair give complimentary drinks??"

At last

» Add a new message to this topic