FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fab and Self Esteem

Fab and Self Esteem

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I'm intrigued to see how people feel their self esteem waxes and wanes in conjunction with fab.

I find it can both build me up and smash me down savagely. I tend to have flurries of activity and then my esteem completely collapses and fab itself just seems like something beyond me (to be fair this is not just fab its a general life thing for me).

How do you find fab impacts your self esteem, do the fabs and messages buoy you up or does every deleted message just knock you down? How do you cope with it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *lynJMan  over a year ago

Morden

I've got to an age where, by and large, I don't give a sh*t what others think of me.

Fab is not real life so it's impact on my self esteem is minimal.

Morden

"I've got to an age where, by and large, I don't give a sh*t what others think of me.

Fab is not real life so its impact on my self esteem is minimal."

Bloody autocarrot.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I’m a simple soul, fab doesn’t really do anything to my self esteem. I don’t find myself doing a happy dance if someone says yes, nor do I find myself descending into the doldrums if someone says no. I came here with no expectations, and a realistic view of how people will perceive me.

When I’m down, Fab escalates the problem, but it never causes it. But sure, when I’m already in a fug about something and I come on here to see all the threads like ‘bring back the bush’ and and ‘anyone else like big tits?’ or ‘who has the best ass on Fab?’ I have a moment of self reflection and ask myself wtf I am doing

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

With the volume of single men on here, it makes you realise how unattractive and sexualy appealing you are to the opposite sex

By *lik and PaulCouple  over a year ago

Flagrante

"I've got to an age where, by and large, I don't give a sh*t what others think of me.

Fab is not real life so it's impact on my self esteem is minimal."

This, and I would go as far as to say I've never cared what other people think of me so Fab is never going to have any effect.

Morden

This, and I would go as far as to say I've never cared what other people think of me so Fab is never going to have any effect. "

An excellent place to be.

By *ustBoWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Co. Down

I don't think being on fab and my self esteem are any way related at all. I'm still the same and feel the same about myself as I did before I joined here.

Whilst I don't go out of my way to piss people off, I have never really cared what most people think about me. The thought that I might care about what a bunch of strangers on the internet, that I will never meet, might think about me is simply bizarre!..

By *hilloutMan  over a year ago

All over the place! Northwesr, , Southwest

I've never experienced self-esteem issues, but it certainly served as an ego boost with the success I experienced when active.

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

It doesn't really affect me tbh ,I'm the same me.

I don't believe half of what anyone says on fab anyway & if someone's rude in a message I try to think thats on them & not me.

"When I’m down, Fab escalates the problem, but it never causes it. But sure, when I’m already in a fug about something and I come on here to see all the threads like ‘bring back the bush’ and and ‘anyone else like big tits?’ or ‘who has the best ass on Fab?’ I have a moment of self reflection and ask myself wtf I am doing "

Yeah I sympathise here, I get this feeling a lot. For every great convo I have, there are several that just make me wonder why.

Doesn’t affect my self esteem, though there are times I come in here and see/read something just makes me think it’s time I went to live on an island.

What’s been interesting is seeing up close his guys really think/behave and that’s a bit depressing

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

Nah coz this isn’t real life

Women on here reject men that message them, but if they same guy said hi to them at the pub they’d absolutely melt

It’s just not real life. Inflated standards and egos.

Well so far in my short lived experience here it’s been good for my self confidence, I’ve connected with some nice people and I’m making friends so I’m in a good place currently

I suppose I focused more on fab affecting self esteem in my OP, but I suppose what about the other way? I suppose its probably obvious that when we're feeling good we'll hit fab with more gusto.

"Nah coz this isn’t real life

Women on here reject men that message them, but if they same guy said hi to them at the pub they’d absolutely melt

It’s just not real life. Inflated standards and egos. "

Fab is not real life?

I have just paid £5 for an illusionary journey into the world of recreational sex?

Fab has no effect on my mood as I get laid 3 or 4 times a day. Did I say illusionary?

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I don't think I've ever allowed fab to affect my self esteem either way.

I didn't have any at all for many years and only discovered it for the first time just before turning 50.

By the time I joined here 2 years later there was very little that could put a dent in it.

There has been a lot of negativity on my fab journey but it has mostly been positive so I keep moving forward.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

I don't think fab does much to affect my self esteem, but I have to admit it's helped in body confidence building, I've never been the most confident or liked photos being taken, however since joining here and the Mr getting into his photography I actually enjoy the pics and the fabs I really didn't think I would.

Mrs

Sounds like a you problem op. Try mindful thinking

"Sounds like a you problem op. Try mindful thinking "

I know its a me problem, that's why I'm asking others for their opinions in order to try understand my own. Thanks for the comment though.

I dont let it only 1 person alive (i assume) has the power to get under my defences and shes not been here in a long long time you would need to throw a nuke at me to demage me these days

My attitude went from "I've got something to offer" to

"I'm a mundane sweet at the bottom of a pick and mix."

What hope does a Rhubarb and Custard have against Macademia Nut Surprise? None! ;-P

By *weetiepie99Woman  over a year ago

cardiff

Absolutely doesn't affect it at all as its just a distraction more than anything being on here. I've chatted and met some nice people but to be honest my 'real' life is away from here.

Morden

"Nah coz this isn’t real life

It’s just not real life. Inflated standards and egos.

Fab is not real life?

I have just paid £5 for an illusionary journey into the world of recreational sex?

Fab has no effect on my mood as I get laid 3 or 4 times a day. Did I say illusionary?"

Don't forget you can pay £10, £15, £20 to go to the cinema for an illusionary experience, and that only lasts a few hours.

Morden

"My attitude went from "I've got something to offer" to

"I'm a mundane sweet at the bottom of a pick and mix."

What hope does a Rhubarb and Custard have against Macademia Nut Surprise? None! ;-P"

I'd rather have the rhubarb and custard than macadamia nut surprise.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

Fab is not real life so it's impact on my self esteem is minimal."

I'm with Glyn, minus the age aspect. Fab isn't worth having your self esteem knocked about for.

Morden

I'm with Glyn, minus the age aspect. Fab isn't worth having your self esteem knocked about for."

[Removed by poster at 04/07/22 15:27:11]

With the greatest respect OP if your saying your mental well-being and self esteem is linked to messaged not been read on a swinger site where men out number couples and single females over 100 - 1 then you really need to assess if this site is safe for you to be using buddy.

Rhino skin is important on here as rejection is absolutely par the course for all of us including single women and couples when swinging.

The fact you have a meet verification after been on just 5 months already shows your more successful than 70%+ of the "single" men on here.

KJ

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

No, if my divorce didn’t knock my self esteem this place won’t either.

I can understand why single guys would feel differently. Especially those who have good profiles and ensured they have visibility on the site but still don’t get any meets.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Doesn’t do anything for me, I meet some great people , I sometimes wonder if I’m good enough for them, for about a minute ! , I get turned down or ignored occasionally, and and hour later I can’t remember their name

By *iss KinkWoman  over a year ago

North/Blackpool

I don’t let anything bother me on here

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

It mostly doesn't effect me either way but as some others have said, if I'm having a wobble, fab can exacerbate that. I guess if you're feeling down about yourself anyway then you end up looking for things to affirm those ideas. In those times I take a break or just hide my profile and dick about in light hearted forum posts. However, I do find that going to clubs is good for my self esteem. It isn't even about how "successful" I am or are not as even just attending socially helps. I think being surrounded by sexually liberated people and a wide variety of beauty and sexiness is good for my wellbeing.

I expect and get zero interest in me so my confidence is not effected on here

By *osephSamuel90Man  over a year ago

Bracknell

Definitely effects it. I'd like to say it doesn't and I try not to let it but some days if I'm feeling down about myself already it's just the nail in the coffin really. My self-esteem and self-confidence are pretty low anyway so it doesn't cause a massive drop off, just cements feelings of inadequacy. I get the people saying don't take it personally and it's just strangers on a swinging site you'll never meet, but surely the reason most people join this site is to get meets, so if you don't get them seems like you're failing and confirms negative thoughts you have about yourself

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"Doesn’t affect my self esteem, though there are times I come in here and see/read something just makes me think it’s time I went to live on an island.

What’s been interesting is seeing up close his guys really think/behave and that’s a bit depressing "

I concur, that's how I am too.

If I'm feeling crap all I need to do is have a close up cleavage pic, no text and some other shite on my profile and umpteen men will beg to fuck me. Great.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

Self esteem to me means *me* holding *myself* in high regard.

I try not to let how many men want to fuck me affect that.

By *bi HaiveMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Cheeseville, Somerset

"

How do you find fab impacts your self esteem, do the fabs and messages buoy you up or does every deleted message just knock you down? How do you cope with it?"

It doesn't affect mine in any way, shape or form.

I really couldn't care less about the views and opinions of me made by random strangers on the internet, particularly those on a swinging/sex/hook up site.

If you let Fab activity get to you, cause you to feel angst or unhappiness then log off, take a break and do something in the big old real world instead. The problem with online interactions is that many people you'll encounter aren't going to be kind, gracious, considerate or give two figs as to whether they cause distress or upset. To them it's just words on a screen shared with a random stranger.

Treat everything seen and read with a pinch of salt, care little for any messages that contain negative content (they are actually just words on a screen) and have faith in yourself.

Self esteem is just that - your own opinion of yourself.

Not the opinion of anyone else.

A

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

Doesn't affect my self esteem at all.

However it can severely try my patience

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

My self worth is very much linked to how many people message me about my posts or fab my photos

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

Does wonders for mine x

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

"

How do you find fab impacts your self esteem, do the fabs and messages buoy you up or does every deleted message just knock you down? How do you cope with it?

It doesn't affect mine in any way, shape or form.

I really couldn't care less about the views and opinions of me made by random strangers on the internet, particularly those on a swinging/sex/hook up site.

If you let Fab activity get to you, cause you to feel angst or unhappiness then log off, take a break and do something in the big old real world instead. The problem with online interactions is that many people you'll encounter aren't going to be kind, gracious, considerate or give two figs as to whether they cause distress or upset. To them it's just words on a screen shared with a random stranger.

Treat everything seen and read with a pinch of salt, care little for any messages that contain negative content (they are actually just words on a screen) and have faith in yourself.

Self esteem is just that - your own opinion of yourself.

Not the opinion of anyone else.

A"

A site like this does feel like one where you need to be thick skinned. The benefit however is there are loads of lovely people knocking. Even in rejections they’ve been very polite which you early get on Grindr

Something I learned a while ago. Never use a site like this or any other to raise your self esteem. You need to generate you’re own self worth. After that you won’t find these sorts of places impact your well-being. Which is most important x

"With the greatest respect OP if your saying your mental well-being and self esteem is linked to messaged not been read on a swinger site where men out number couples and single females over 100 - 1 then you really need to assess if this site is safe for you to be using buddy.

Rhino skin is important on here as rejection is absolutely par the course for all of us including single women and couples when swinging.

The fact you have a meet verification after been on just 5 months already shows your more successful than 70%+ of the "single" men on here.

KJ

"

Apologies, I think people are getting the wrong end of the stick here. I couldn’t care less about messages or fabs. Been online dating long enough for that not to bother me.

I’m just interested in the relationship between self esteem and fab. Do you use it more when you’re feeling good about yourself, or are you just turned off from the whole thing when you’re not? Do you use it to buoy your esteem when it’s low?

This post is not a cry for help, or me feeling sad that no one messages me. It was just a curious thought as I’ve not been on the site for a bit due to other things affecting my esteem.

By *ady LickWoman  over a year ago

Northampton Somewhere

This site has absolutely no effect on my self esteem, I'd worry if it did!

By *iltsTSgirlTV/TS  over a year ago

chichester

"This site has absolutely no effect on my self esteem, I'd worry if it did!"

agreed

By *onb21Woman  over a year ago

Cardiff

Fab has only had positive effects on my self esteem so far. In my offline life no one ever looks at me (this is no exaggeration) but it's different here and I have been able to meet people.

There are other things that cause negative emotions but nothing that knocks my self esteem, I think.

A lot of the ladies in here are propped up by the disproportionate male attention but good luck to em.

Fab is fab it’s all Bollocks and if this place can build you up or knock you down then you’re probably too unstable to be here in the first place.

Fab gives me exposure to a lot of people that I would not have daily contact with in everyday life. Sometimes it is that reality check that "I'm not quite the same as everyone else" and I know there are a few of us on here that must feel that way. The kooks,the weirdos and the social misfits.

However, as im not looking for a serious relationship it helps me when seeking "stress relief" and I've been very lucky to meet some amazingly hot pretty playthings.

Yes I get down with the fakes, ghosters and no shows but the men that i have met have been awesome x

By *ablo minibar123Woman  over a year ago

"I’m a simple soul, fab doesn’t really do anything to my self esteem. I don’t find myself doing a happy dance if someone says yes, nor do I find myself descending into the doldrums if someone says no. I came here with no expectations, and a realistic view of how people will perceive me. "

Pretty much this.

If fab gave me low self esteem there would be no point in staying, it's meant to be fun.

By *ophieslutTV/TS  over a year ago

Central

I'd not use fab if it impacted on my self-esteem. It's essential that we look after our mental health and well-being. Get off fab, if you feel yourself sinking, so that you can fully look after yourself. It will still be here, for when you're stronger.

By *avexxMan  over a year ago

cheshire

nope doesnt bother me,,

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

"Doesn't affect my self esteem at all.

However it can severely try my patience "

That’s a good answer!

"I'd not use fab if it impacted on my self-esteem. It's essential that we look after our mental health and well-being. Get off fab, if you feel yourself sinking, so that you can fully look after yourself. It will still be here, for when you're stronger. "

What Sophia Said

(Great title of a book!)

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

I think Fab is brutal for men. I wouldn't have lasted 24 hours here if I were male.

"Doesn't affect my self esteem at all.

However it can severely try my patience

That’s a good answer! "

Which suggests it’s irritating? So why persevere with the web equivalent of Thrush?

Ladies moan their arses off but still stick around as they love the attention!

Am I wrong?

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

I know my value, I don’t require anyone’s approval and my self esteem is suitably intact

Fab doesn’t affect my self esteem - for the main it’s a virtual window and conversation of sorts with people I have never met (with the exception of a few)

I would suggest fab isn’t a place for those with low self esteem …. There will always be someone to virtually kick you in the nether region if your that way inclined

"I think Fab is brutal for men. I wouldn't have lasted 24 hours here if I were male."

It’s far from brutal in fact it’s a bit of fun and anyone who takes it seriously needs to stop using the site.

It’s adults meeting for recreational sex in a safe environment without judgement.

"...

It’s adults meeting for recreational sex in a safe environment without judgement."

I'd say whenever I feel too confident and arrogant about myself I come to fab. Some people kick my arrogance and overconfidence out of me. Lol.

"...

It’s adults meeting for recreational sex in a safe environment without judgement.

"

Well is it not?

» Add a new message to this topic