FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Mark as unread

Mark as unread

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

What’s your thoughts, I noticed some people do it instead of just deleting it, why just delete sends a clear answer. Can’t figure some out? What’s your thoughts especially if you do it ??

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I do it to fuck with the minds of the sender.

People can do whatever they want with their own inbox. Delete your sent messages and you won’t worry about it so much.

I mark as unread sometimes if it’s a message I want to come back to later, maybe with a better reply or because I’m dealing with something else. Doesn’t imply anything.

It means it goes in the sea of unreads

By *lex46TV/TS  over a year ago

Near Wells

"I mark as unread sometimes if it’s a message I want to come back to later, maybe with a better reply or because I’m dealing with something else. Doesn’t imply anything. "

Same with me.

By *JstarsoloWoman  over a year ago

Wombwell, Barnsley

I wouldn't worry about trying figure people out. Unmarked/deleted presumably means not interested. Move on.

By *iceButtSlimMan  over a year ago

Ipswich

"I mark as unread sometimes if it’s a message I want to come back to later, maybe with a better reply or because I’m dealing with something else. Doesn’t imply anything.

Same with me."

Likewise, just leave it unread so that I can deal with it later, also hope that the other person hasn't seen that I've read it, thus start sending messages like why haven't you replied etc etc.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I don’t worry, and I get the deal

With it later part. I was just wondering that’s all.

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

The best option is always to delete all messages from your outbox as soon as you send them and then you don't have to worry about them anymore until you get a response.

I mark unread when I don’t have the time to reply. I might be out and open fab, if it is long and needs some thought I’ll just mark it unread and reply later…

By *gent CoulsonMan  over a year ago

Secret hideaway in the pennines

"People can do whatever they want with their own inbox. Delete your sent messages and you won’t worry about it so much."
this

"What’s your thoughts, I noticed some people do it instead of just deleting it, why just delete sends a clear answer. Can’t figure some out? What’s your thoughts especially if you do it ??"

I can't figure out why you bother monitoring your outbox when it's your inbox that matters.

Once it's sent, that's it, all done unless you receive a reply.

To answer the question, we sometimes place messages as unread so we can come back to it.

Example ...... I read it, wonder if it'll be of interest to Mrs and leave it there for her to view when she's chance.

Or because I realise this is likely more than a quick read and/or reply, so come back to it when I've more time.

By *ayHaychMan  over a year ago

Leeds (Home) / Sheffield (Work)

I mark them as unread so I can come back later and reply. Often this is when I want to give my time to a reply.

By *ixenandhoundCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth, South west

We both read messages, vix usually replies. Might be one of us read it and marked it as unread so the other one doesn't miss it.

Also, read one we really want to reply to but short of time, mark it as unread and it doesn't get lost.

Lots of reasons

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

"I mark as unread sometimes if it’s a message I want to come back to later, maybe with a better reply or because I’m dealing with something else. Doesn’t imply anything. "

This for me too .

From the same cast and crew who brought you ‘I can see two blue ticks, but they haven’t responded to my WhatsApp message’

By *romagefraisWoman  over a year ago

Sunderland

I mark unread if I can't be arsed to have a conversation right then. When you leave people on read for a bit they take it the wrong way sometimes.

"We both read messages, vix usually replies. Might be one of us read it and marked it as unread so the other one doesn't miss it.

Also, read one we really want to reply to but short of time, mark it as unread and it doesn't get lost.

Lots of reasons "

Same reason for us too

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

It seems weird to me. Fab etiquette states “take a deleted messages as a no thanks”

So if you open a message, think no thanks, then mark unread, you can’t blame the person when they message again

Everyone’s free to do what they like with their inbox, but you also have to deal with the consequences

By *ixenandhoundCouple  over a year ago

Plymouth, South west

"

Same reason for us too "

By *ynda1978Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere in Liverpool

I read it and then unread it whilst I decide what I want to do with it, I'll also.look.at profiles a d read what they right. Will read veri's and then click on the author.

Very weary after someone sharing pics and then when I met face to face it was not that person!!

By *aizyWoman  over a year ago

west midlands

This is why I do it too.

I look at a profile to see if I want to reply to a message. If its crap i just leave it unread. Too lazy to delete

By *uke olovingmanMan  over a year ago

Gravesend

Sometimes I keep an unread just so I have a yellow box at the top of the screen

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

It seems a bit too game playing to me

People get messages? Amazing