FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Meeting the inlaws..

Meeting the inlaws..

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I just turned over to ITV2 and its a program called 'Girlfriends' and these girls have selected some guys and are now introducing their partners to the parents.. EAK !

Have any of you had any really bad experiences or do you have nice parents that were kind to the boyfriend/girlfriend at the time?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

Mine used to sit there with spot lamp and thumb screws

By *uitar_antiheroMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

My parents were nice to my gfs. Though I have to say that the gfs weren't as nice to them in return. Oh well.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

My mam is easy going and is always nice. She will tell me what she thinks afterwards but normally just leaves me to get on with it

My father used to sit and harrumph from behind a newspaper.

He fell out with the first boy I took home because he didn't shake hands.

My ex-outlaws never liked me.

First time I met one of my daughters boyfriends was when I went into her room one morning and there was a naked guy in her bed.

He had arrived from Edinburgh at 2am and she had sneaked him into the house.

I don't know who was the most embarrassed.

Forum Mod

Mine never spoke to me until I got pregnant and then they wanted to be involved with their new grandchild

They were actually very lovely people,just a bit huffy for the first few years of my relationship

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

leaves me to get on with it. although shes threatened me with death if i was to dump jay

My sister brought a boy home once, my dad threw him out because he used a word dad didn't like.. it wasn't even a swear word. My poor sister cried for hours

My mum said she didn't like him either, according to her he looked like "a right wee lobby-shitter!"

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

"My father used to sit and harrumph from behind a newspaper.

He fell out with the first boy I took home because he didn't shake hands. "

We could be sisters!!

If my dad was away, my Godfather would come round and vet any potential dates me and my sisters were going on

The 2nd date i had with my daughters 'dad' he thought it would be amusing to bring me to a pub where his dad and brother just so happend to be drinking and there were 3 of his mates there also.. talk about deep end and awkward. I just knew it was going to go tits up.

my paents are totally mental. I just cant understand where my personality traits and sense of humour came from, i really cant!

"My father used to sit and harrumph from behind a newspaper.

He fell out with the first boy I took home because he didn't shake hands.

We could be sisters!!

If my dad was away, my Godfather would come round and vet any potential dates me and my sisters were going on "

My father kept me under house arrest till I was able to go and join my husband who was posted to Germany with the forces. No matter that the people I wanted to go out with had all been at school with me!

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I have and my parents spend £200 on dinner and etc for the day 2 weeks later it finished sad really..

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

i dont bring out the outlaws until the guy is at the point of no return !!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I just let callum get on with it, i was very fond of the girl he was with for two years treated her like a daughter. Ive met two more since then but only met them once each and they disappeared of the face of the earth. I let him get on with it bless him.

When i was with the first guy i lived with i was only 17 he was 34. First thing his mother said was your a bit young. Then she took to me, much to my dismay as "number one" daughter in law i ended up having to run round after her like a blue arsed fly most of the time.

Every guy ive been in a long term relationship has had a father thats passed away so never had a father in law as such

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

My dad is cool, he threatens to embarrass me in front of them before he meets them but actually he is pretty sound....

My mum is also cool although she tends to be a bit more nosey lol

My parents criticized every person I've ever been involved with, as I no longer speak to them crystal has been spared the displeasure of meeting them. Her parents think the world of me, not sure why... Apparently I'm sensible and a calming influence!

The worst I've ever had was a girl I dated about 10 years ago. Her mother hated me with a passion. One Christmas I was there for lunch but going home later that day. So we'd eaten dinner, were drinking coffee and at that point I was asked when I was leaving as the deal was I'd go after Christmas Dinner... She truly was a spiteful bitch. I'm still very close to my ex and year after splitting up her mother drove in to London to search for her when she discovered she was out with me...

"My dad is cool, he threatens to embarrass me in front of them before he meets them but actually he is pretty sound....

My mum is also cool although she tends to be a bit more nosey lol "

Living next door to your parents must make them hard to avoid lol

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"My dad is cool, he threatens to embarrass me in front of them before he meets them but actually he is pretty sound....

My mum is also cool although she tends to be a bit more nosey lol

Living next door to your parents must make them hard to avoid lol "

Nah, it's pretty easy actually. My dad keeps himself to himself, he sees me as a private tennant......until I invite myself to dinner

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

i had the most wonderful mum in law one of the saddest days of my life when she died

By *londeCazWoman  over a year ago

Arse End of the Universe, Cumbria

"i had the most wonderful mum in law one of the saddest days of my life when she died"

+1

After my husband and I divorced, I kept in touch with all my out-laws - after all, they're still my family...I remember my late (and much missed) mum-in-law saying "Oh I always liked you when you and our David were married" (she was actually referring to not getting on with the 2nd Mrs BlondeCaz) to which I responded "so you don't bloody well like me now then!" We both fell round laughing while she protested that wasn't what she meant...

I've been divorced 12 years and still happily in touch with both my sister-in-laws and their families, I was at my neice's wedding and my ex wasn't and her new husband said they preferred to have me there, although I'da had no probs with him being there but as he's gone to US with his 2nd wife, he didn't come home for the wedding

My first mother in law was a lovely lady, but was jealous of me cos I married her blue eyed boy. My second mother in law was great, a true lady, sadly died july this year, but felt honored to have shared her life

As a mother in law I try to not interfere unless asked, but did threaten to rip one of my son in laws head off once, protective mum came out xx

My mum and dad are pretty cool.

They have only ever made comments about my choices AFTER the event.

I know they aren't keen on some of my life choices but have never attempted to make me feel uncomfortable nor have they ever tried to change who I am or how I choose to spend my time.

On the other side of the coin, I am very good with parents of other people - they always love me irregardless of whether it's a friend or more.

I am a good boy

By *upitersmileCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Got on great with my 1st father in law and still do. His wife however couldn't stand me untill she broke down in front of me before I moved up north. We now get on fantastic, shame we weren't this close when I was married to her son.

My 2nd mother in law is a law into herself!! Imagine Mrs Brown (mrs browns boys) but bad tempered and 20 timed cruder!! But I am the only one of her son/daughter in laws she likes apparently. When she hits me with her stick I've been told its a sign of affection lol

I love my mother law, a nicer person you couldn't hope to meet.

My father in law hates me. I have tried everything with him but nothing works.

He controlling & domineering. My wife moved to London when she was 17 to escape him and he blames me for her not ever going back.

When my wife her sister & mum get together all they do is moan about him. I have given him two wonderful grandchildren but he still despises me. He has asked my wife a few times to leave me and bring the kids and go home to him. We have been married twenty years and we are still very much in love but I presume he thinks I'm hanging around for his money.

He's worth a few bob, but he's a tight git.

I'm glad I got that off my chest. Thanks OP.

» Add a new message to this topic