FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Men, what have you always wanted to know about feminine health? Part 2

Men, what have you always wanted to know about feminine health? Part 2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

The other thread ran out so posting a new one in case anyone else has any burning questions.

(Green arrow me for context)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

I've lost my train of thought....

I was going to ask about the use of the Coil, general feeling/discomfort and any perceived contraindications.

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

"I've lost my train of thought....

I was going to ask about the use of the Coil, general feeling/discomfort and any perceived contraindications. "

What specifically do you want to know? I've had two. The first one I had two days of very intense cramping after fitting and the second I just felt a bit delicate. After that I wouldn't know it was there.

By *ixiePoisonWoman  over a year ago

Darlington

I've never used the coil, but I've heard of men feeling it during penetration

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

I was going to ask about the use of the Coil, general feeling/discomfort and any perceived contraindications.

What specifically do you want to know? I've had two. The first one I had two days of very intense cramping after fitting and the second I just felt a bit delicate. After that I wouldn't know it was there. "

That's my experience as well

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I was going to ask about the use of the Coil, general feeling/discomfort and any perceived contraindications. "

Having a clip inserted is invasive and uncomfortable, often caused a contraction which is bloomin painful. Once in after a few days/slash weeks you stop noticing it but your partners might feel the strings.

Some coils release hormones which don't agree with everyone. Some cause very heavy bleeding.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

*coil

Manchester (she/her)

Having a clip inserted is invasive and uncomfortable, often caused a contraction which is bloomin painful. Once in after a few days/slash weeks you stop noticing it but your partners might feel the strings.

Some coils release hormones which don't agree with everyone. Some cause very heavy bleeding."

My periods are very different with a Mirena coil. Lighter, shorter. little or no frank blood. Much more regular. (Not regular, but they were a shit show before, so... Still a good thing...)

Forum Mod

East Sussex

What specifically do you want to know? I've had two. The first one I had two days of very intense cramping after fitting and the second I just felt a bit delicate. After that I wouldn't know it was there.

That's my experience as well "

I didn't notice it was there but I did notice it wasn't after my final one was removed. Which sounds contradictory I know

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Some coils release hormones which don't agree with everyone. Some cause very heavy bleeding.

My periods are very different with a Mirena coil. Lighter, shorter. little or no frank blood. Much more regular. (Not regular, but they were a shit show before, so... Still a good thing...)"

I had no periods with the mirena which was a blessing

Mayfair

....so where is the coil positioned? The cervix, endometrium or, umm, higher up near the fallopian tube/s....?

Manchester (she/her)

My periods are very different with a Mirena coil. Lighter, shorter. little or no frank blood. Much more regular. (Not regular, but they were a shit show before, so... Still a good thing...)

I had no periods with the mirena which was a blessing "

I've heard that's fairly common. Still, I've gone from debilitatingly heavy and entirely random timing to light and 3.5-4.5 weeks apart. For me that's incredible.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"....so where is the coil positioned? The cervix, endometrium or, umm, higher up near the fallopian tube/s....?"

It's a sort of T or Y shape. The upper part of which sits in the cervix.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I've heard that's fairly common. Still, I've gone from debilitatingly heavy and entirely random timing to light and 3.5-4.5 weeks apart. For me that's incredible."

I'm a huge advocate of the mirena however my daughter had to have here removed because it didn't agree with her at all.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"....so where is the coil positioned? The cervix, endometrium or, umm, higher up near the fallopian tube/s....?

It's a sort of T or Y shape. The upper part of which sits in the cervix. "

It has strings which enable it to be removed and the woman to check that it's still there

Liverpool

"....so where is the coil positioned? The cervix, endometrium or, umm, higher up near the fallopian tube/s....?"

Higher than the cervix but not as far as the fallopian tubes. It sits in your uterus. The uterus has the cervix at the bottom and the fallopian tubes off either side at the top.

Manchester (she/her)

I've heard that's fairly common. Still, I've gone from debilitatingly heavy and entirely random timing to light and 3.5-4.5 weeks apart. For me that's incredible.

I'm a huge advocate of the mirena however my daughter had to have here removed because it didn't agree with her at all."

Oh absolutely. It's not one size fits all. I suppose I'm saying, I'm delighted with what I've got given the terrible position I started in, even if others have better

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I'm a huge advocate of the mirena however my daughter had to have here removed because it didn't agree with her at all.

Oh absolutely. It's not one size fits all. I suppose I'm saying, I'm delighted with what I've got given the terrible position I started in, even if others have better "

I was delighted with it too. For many reasons not least of which was I conceived accidentally at 46 and didn't want the worry of that happening again

Manchester (she/her)

Oh absolutely. It's not one size fits all. I suppose I'm saying, I'm delighted with what I've got given the terrible position I started in, even if others have better

I was delighted with it too. For many reasons not least of which was I conceived accidentally at 46 and didn't want the worry of that happening again "

Oh absolutely

Mayfair

I am aware of the Canesten Combi 'medication' 'thing'. What is the "pessary" for?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I am aware of the Canesten Combi 'medication' 'thing'. What is the "pessary" for?"

Inserting into the vagina

Forum Mod

East Sussex

But combi is a tablet that you take orally and cream that you apply to relieve the itching

Mayfair

"But combi is a tablet that you take orally and cream that you apply to relieve the itching"

You preempted my follow up as I was going to ask what is the cream for??

Mayfair

.....and for those who have just joined a Canesten Combi is not a type of central heating boiler.

"I am aware of the Canesten Combi 'medication' 'thing'. What is the "pessary" for?"

It's like a suppository but for your vagina. Although it feels like a large tablet you'd swallow orally. It's means to dissolve in the natural moisture of your vagina, but the one time I tried to use it it just sat there for days slowly crumbling away, and I don't have issues with dryness.

Not a fan.

Liverpool

"I am aware of the Canesten Combi 'medication' 'thing'. What is the "pessary" for?

It's like a suppository but for your vagina. Although it feels like a large tablet you'd swallow orally. It's means to dissolve in the natural moisture of your vagina, but the one time I tried to use it it just sat there for days slowly crumbling away, and I don't have issues with dryness.

Not a fan. "

If you're in that unfortunate position again, try the gel pessary

By *JB1954Man  over a year ago

Reading

My first wife and I tried . ??. How to be a turn off this worked perfectly . Open packet , remove insert as per instructions . Wait to dissolve ? Worst passion killer invented. ? Plus need other form of contraception ?

Mayfair

I have another question...is anyone still awake or shall I defer?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Ask away...

"I am aware of the Canesten Combi 'medication' 'thing'. What is the "pessary" for?

Not a fan.

If you're in that unfortunate position again, try the gel pessary "

Hopefully I won't be for a very long time, but I will bear that in mind thank you!

"My first wife and I tried . ??. How to be a turn off this worked perfectly . Open packet , remove insert as per instructions . Wait to dissolve ? Worst passion killer invented. ? Plus need other form of contraception ? "

To be fair you're not really meant to have sex with a pessary in

Mayfair

Sports bras: what exactly are these? What I mean is how do they differ from normal brassieres?

Is it an aesthetic or functional differentiator?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hey folks!

Im thinking of doing a little video tour of the female genitalia so you can see what is what... would anyone find this useful?

Mayfair

"Hey folks!

Im thinking of doing a little video tour of the female genitalia so you can see what is what... would anyone find this useful? "

That's awfully kind but I wish to know about sports bras first.

"Sports bras: what exactly are these? What I mean is how do they differ from normal brassieres?

Is it an aesthetic or functional differentiator?"

Normal bras are about support and lift and not being able to see nipples through clothes.

Sports bras are about support only. You literally don't want your boobs to move at all during exercise because it can be very uncomfortable if your titties are flopping around.

"Hey folks!

Im thinking of doing a little video tour of the female genitalia so you can see what is what... would anyone find this useful?

That's awfully kind but I wish to know about sports bras first. "

Haha, I'll leave someone else to answer that... I dont wear sports bras!

"Hey folks!

Im thinking of doing a little video tour of the female genitalia so you can see what is what... would anyone find this useful? "

I think people would find this useful but probably not in the way you're intending

"Hey folks!

To clarify: this would be very unsexy and totally educational

"Hey folks!

I think people would find this useful but probably not in the way you're intending "

Yeah, maybe

[Removed by poster at 03/07/22 01:42:21]

Mayfair

Thank you all for answering my questions. It was much appreciated.

It's been an edification.

Liverpool

"Sports bras: what exactly are these? What I mean is how do they differ from normal brassieres?

Functional. They still bounce if you try to run in a normal bra. They've actually done studies with movement sensors and boobs move in a figure of eight when running.

By *echnosonic_BrummieMan  over a year ago

Willenhall

"The other thread ran out so posting a new one in case anyone else has any burning questions. "

I'm no gynaecologist but if it feels like it's burning you probably need some natural yoghurt.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"I have another question...is anyone still awake or shall I defer?"

At the airport! Ready to answer questions

Mayfair

I asked so many last night!

I went to bed at 1.30am....I should have done the confounded Nocturnal Thread™!

I use sports bras to flatten my chest on bad dysphoria days as they push everything down to keep them in place and make me look flat as opposed to normal bras which push them up to support them and which always end up in my eye line lol. But yes sports bras are just about function only because exercising with a normal bra is hell on earth

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

That's my experience as well "

And mine … a fantastic intervention

By *iamondCougarWoman  over a year ago

Norfuck! / Lincolnshire

".....and for those who have just joined a Canesten Combi is not a type of central heating boiler. "

Lmao!!

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

For any men who want to experience what it feels like to have period pains, I've got a tens machine that can be attached to just about anywhere on your body might give you an insight

Portsmouth

I had a copper coil, almost feinted having it fitted. Spent an hour on the couch before I could get to and leave, awful cramps 48hrs after. Then heavy week long periods all the time it was in place. But was better for the rest of my health (mental/physical) with no hormones.

By *irtydevil666Man  over a year ago

bristol

How well received was the female condom...are they still going....

Liverpool

"How well received was the female condom...are they still going.... "

I actually have one. I've never tried them though. I've heard they're better than they used to be but they still get a bad rap from when they first came out.

Mayfair

Femfresh Shower Gel:

do you use this? I've heard conflicting views that it upsets the natural pH balance of the 'delicate areas' instead of actually 'doing' what it's meant to.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Femfresh Shower Gel:

do you use this? I've heard conflicting views that it upsets the natural pH balance of the 'delicate areas' instead of actually 'doing' what it's meant to. "

I don't. Water is all that's needed and even though it claims to be ok it isn't. It's a marketing ploy playing on the age old myth that a woman's natural, clean scent is unpleasant.

Liverpool

"Femfresh Shower Gel:

do you use this? I've heard conflicting views that it upsets the natural pH balance of the 'delicate areas' instead of actually 'doing' what it's meant to. "

No I don't use it. I use normal body wash, I'm just careful not to get it all up in there .

Forum Mod

East Sussex

^^

However it's wise from a fairly young age to moisturise your vulva and perineum daily with a 'safe' product. Once you reach menopause you'll be glad you did

Mayfair

Underwear, knickers et al... do women purchase the next size up for knickers so that there is no discomfort when wearing sanitary pads?

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

"Underwear, knickers et al... do women purchase the next size up for knickers so that there is no discomfort when wearing sanitary pads? "

No. I don't use sanitary pads. But I do purchase the next size up for period days due to bloating/general comdort.

Liverpool

"Underwear, knickers et al... do women purchase the next size up for knickers so that there is no discomfort when wearing sanitary pads? "

Nope, never done that. Too big knickers are probably more uncomfortable than too small in my experience.

North West

"Underwear, knickers et al... do women purchase the next size up for knickers so that there is no discomfort when wearing sanitary pads?

Nope, never done that. Too big knickers are probably more uncomfortable than too small in my experience. "

And knickers that are too big plus sanitary pads equals leakage. Yuck.

I use a menstrual cup but due to having horrific clotting (one clot can fill the cup alone), I use pads as a back up.

I think I learned a lot recently

Not too big size wise but I like the ones that come all the way up to my waist for period days and exercise. It makes me feel nice and tucked in

Also pads shouldn't ever be uncomfortable. They're just more irritating and I don't like the sensation of free bleeding onto something. I feel a lot more comfortable with tampons as I feel like it "catches" the blood; when I used to wear pads I was a lot more likely to leak through.

I don't like to go the whole period with something constantly inserted in me though, so from day 2 onwards I'll wear a pad with a comfy pair of knickers to sleep.

By *tarflyLouWoman  over a year ago

Preston

"Underwear, knickers et al... do women purchase the next size up for knickers so that there is no discomfort when wearing sanitary pads?

Nope, never done that. Too big knickers are probably more uncomfortable than too small in my experience.

And knickers that are too big plus sanitary pads equals leakage. Yuck.

I use a menstrual cup but due to having horrific clotting (one clot can fill the cup alone), I use pads as a back up. "

I have wondered if some men realise how the clot situation can be when they ask on here about sex and oral sex during periods!

Liverpool

Not too big size wise but I like the ones that come all the way up to my waist for period days and exercise. It makes me feel nice and tucked in "

Ahh yes, I didn't think that when us women talk about big knickers men might think we mean a bigger size rather than ones with more coverage.

Mayfair

Not too big size wise but I like the ones that come all the way up to my waist for period days and exercise. It makes me feel nice and tucked in

Ahh yes, I didn't think that when us women talk about big knickers men might think we mean a bigger size rather than ones with more coverage. "

It's okay Lacey - I wasn't enquiring about "blunder wear"

But thank you.

Liverpool

Ahh yes, I didn't think that when us women talk about big knickers men might think we mean a bigger size rather than ones with more coverage.

It's okay Lacey - I wasn't enquiring about "blunder wear"

But thank you."

Eh?

Mayfair

Smear Tests:

I've already asked one friend, but would like to put it out here...how often do you have these?

Is the 'procedure' painful, awkward, uncomfortable,...?

Are you studious with your appointments (annual check up?) or do you skip appointments and leave it until the following year?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I can't remember the frequency because they offer them less frequently the older you get

I didn't find them awkward or embarrassing but they were mildly uncomfortable. I didn't ever skip them either.

Having had two children smear tests pale into insignificance.

However a friend of mine has to have hers done at the hospital due to various issues

Liverpool

"Smear Tests:

I've already asked one friend, but would like to put it out here...how often do you have these?

Are you studious with your appointments (annual check up?) or do you skip appointments and leave it until the following year? "

I think its every 3 years. Personally I find them fine but I have a gynaecological condition so in comparison to examinations for that and coil fittings, smears are an absolute breeze . I can understand why that isn't the case for women who that's the only test like that they have to have. It is very quick and I tend to have some cramping and spotting afterwards.

I've always had my smears within a few weeks of getting the letter to say its due.

By *ktharboroughcplCouple  over a year ago

Market Harborough

"Smear Tests:

Are you studious with your appointments (annual check up?) or do you skip appointments and leave it until the following year? "

They’re every 3 years from the age of 25, unless you present with abnormal cells and then they’re more frequent for a period of time

Always have smear tests when I'm told to. I had one last week. I have to have them yearly atm,some HPV cells were found a few years ago.

"Smear Tests:

I've had three experiences with a speculum. Each time has made me dread the next even more.

North West

"Smear Tests:

Are you studious with your appointments (annual check up?) or do you skip appointments and leave it until the following year?

I've had three experiences with a speculum. Each time has made me dread the next even more. "

The last smear I had, the nurse couldn't find my cervix. The time before, the nurse gathered up my knickers in the paper towels and dropped my knickers in the sink. I'd gone for the smear before work, so had to go to work in wet keks.

My issue with smears is that my anatomical defects make it hard to perform and my stupid left leg mean I struggle to perform the gymnastics they ask of me to reach it (basically doing a "bridge" with bum off the bed). It therefore involves a lot of rummaging around and is pretty uncomfortable but I always go when I'm called.

By *romagefraisWoman  over a year ago

Sunderland

A smear test is not too bad tbf, they put a speculum in and stretch the vagina open, which is uncomfortable cos you're not turned on, then it feels like a little scratch inside. I didn't have my first til I was 30, I was due mine about a month ago so need to get booked in.

"Smear Tests:

I try to have mine as soon as I can when they are due. Not always possible to do straight away but they will keep contacting you if you don't book it in.

It's not particularly pleasant but mostly it's fairly pain free. Does depend on who's doing it as well, some are more gentle than others.

Pxx

Sunderland

I swallowed the pessary when I was younger. Ahahaha

"Smear Tests:

I've had three experiences with a speculum. Each time has made me dread the next even more.

The last smear I had, the nurse couldn't find my cervix. The time before, the nurse gathered up my knickers in the paper towels and dropped my knickers in the sink. I'd gone for the smear before work, so had to go to work in wet keks.

My issue with smears is that my anatomical defects make it hard to perform and my stupid left leg mean I struggle to perform the gymnastics they ask of me to reach it (basically doing a "bridge" with bum off the bed). It therefore involves a lot of rummaging around and is pretty uncomfortable but I always go when I'm called. "

Yeah mine just hurt. A lot. Even when they size down.

One of the nurses once made a snarky comment about being able to handle a smear if I can have intercourse (she must have thought I was overreacting).

The truth is it always takes me a while to warm up, and if I haven't had sex for a while it can get really sore some of my partners have commented that I'm really tight, but I always thought it was like a "oh yeah baby, you're so tight" kinda thing. After my first exam I started to believe they were being honest

North West

"I swallowed the pessary when I was younger. Ahahaha"

That CANNOT have been pleasant! Yucky things

Liverpool

"Smear Tests:

My issue with smears is that my anatomical defects make it hard to perform and my stupid left leg mean I struggle to perform the gymnastics they ask of me to reach it (basically doing a "bridge" with bum off the bed). It therefore involves a lot of rummaging around and is pretty uncomfortable but I always go when I'm called.

Yeah mine just hurt. A lot. Even when they size down.

One of the nurses once made a snarky comment about being able to handle a smear if I can have intercourse (she must have thought I was overreacting).

The truth is it always takes me a while to warm up, and if I haven't had sex for a while it can get really sore some of my partners have commented that I'm really tight, but I always thought it was like a "oh yeah baby, you're so tight" kinda thing. After my first exam I started to believe they were being honest "

I've had similar issues. Mine is an overly tight pelvic floor thanks to chronic pain. It's better than it used to be and thankfully most medical professionals ease the speculum in. I did once have one GP though try to ram it in and crank is straight open and I almost jumped off the table. She tried to insist something must be wrong for me to react like that but it was just her. My next one was just uncomfortable rather than "it feels like they're ripping my vagina open". It might just be a placebo but I find that taking painkillers before the appointment helps.

"Smear Tests:

The cold speculum and lubricating gel isn't pleasant. The actual brush that collects cells from the cervix can feel mildly uncomfortable, but nothing horrendous. The method they use has changed over the last few years. Previously, cells ftom the cervix were looked at under a microscope to check for abnormalities. Now you are just tested for HPV. If you are clear of the virus nothing further is done. I'm clear now, but at 18 I had pre-cancerous cells which had to be removed during a colposcopy. That was very painful. I had to attend colposcopy clinic every 6 months for 2 years until clear of abnormal cells. After that smears were every year for 2 more years, then it went down to every 3 as normal.

Mayfair

I still have a few more questions...

North West

"I still have a few more questions... "

Well, spit 'em out then

Mayfair

"I still have a few more questions...

Well, spit 'em out then "

Only if I can ask without prejudice.

Can any of you really play ping pong with you minge muscles

"Can any of you really play ping pong with you minge muscles"

I won county championship last year

Mayfair

Water Retention: what is this? Is this related to the menstrual cycle? Are there risks associated with this?

It must be quite uncomfortable.

Liverpool

"Can any of you really play ping pong with you minge muscles"

I've never tried.

"Can any of you really play ping pong with you minge muscles

I won county championship last year "

girls got skills where did you put the trophy then

Liverpool

"Water Retention: what is this? Is this related to the menstrual cycle? Are there risks associated with this?

It must be quite uncomfortable."

It's when your body retains water. It basically makes you swell up a bit. It can be hormonal so the menstrual cycle can effect it. I personally mostly get it when I go on holiday to hot countries though. Its not really uncomfortable apart from if you try to wear tight clothes or it can make your shoes rub.

I've never tried. "

your mission should you choose to accept it

Liverpool

I've never tried. your mission should you choose to accept it "

who fancies a game ladies?

"Water Retention: what is this? Is this related to the menstrual cycle? Are there risks associated with this?

It must be quite uncomfortable."

I get it in the run up to my period. Hormone fluctuations can cause water retention throughout the body and you feel puffy and chubby, especially your boobs which feel bigger and heavier and sore. It's not fun.

[Removed by poster at 03/07/22 15:30:01]

I've never tried. your mission should you choose to accept it

who fancies a game ladies? "

im calling shotgun on the umpire seat

Mayfair

Thank you ladies, binaries, whateveries, inclusiveries,... you've all been most enlightening in your tutelage.

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I've never used the coil, but I've heard of men feeling it during penetration "

I can usually feel them but that hangs down and get worried I’d move it but it’s never happened.

I want to know what it means when you have a date and she says she says she is the red are you okay with cup and douch, because I said no, it’s fine I’ll pay and we can have steak instead …, and she never turned up ?

Liverpool

"I've never used the coil, but I've heard of men feeling it during penetration

I can usually feel them but that hangs down and get worried I’d move it but it’s never happened.

"

The only bit you would be able to feel is the strings that are like a bit of fishing line. The actual coil is inside her uterus and if you're managing to get in there during sex you might want to take her to the hospital

I think they've changed the frequency of smear tests to every 5 years, which I found quite surprising. Apparently, they have changed the way they test, or what they test for....

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Smear Tests:

My issue with smears is that my anatomical defects make it hard to perform and my stupid left leg mean I struggle to perform the gymnastics they ask of me to reach it (basically doing a "bridge" with bum off the bed). It therefore involves a lot of rummaging around and is pretty uncomfortable but I always go when I'm called. "

A very nice and empathetic doctor once did mine while I was laying on my side

North West

I get it in the run up to my period. Hormone fluctuations can cause water retention throughout the body and you feel puffy and chubby, especially your boobs which feel bigger and heavier and sore. It's not fun."

I get it around my period, mainly in the boob region.

I also have significant water retention in my defective leg. It's currently massive! It's because the blood vessels are poorly regulated due to the nerve damage I have and so I don't respond to cold/heat properly and end up with swelling. There's nowt to treat it either!

By *tarflyLouWoman  over a year ago

Preston

"Smear Tests:

A very nice and empathetic doctor once did mine while I was laying on my side "

My cervix can hide because I have a retroverted uterus, but they usually just ask me to put my hands under my bum

Portsmouth

No, never done that. They're not that bulky lol

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"Smear Tests:

My cervix can hide because I have a retroverted uterus, but they usually just ask me to put my hands under my bum "

Yeah I've been asked to do that so often I do it automatically now. .

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

I never miss a smear. My very first one showed pre cancerous cells and I needed loop excision treatment to remove them, so I make sure when I get the letter I go.

Taking the sample is a tad uncomfortable but not too bad.

Because of my treatment my cervix is tilted so can be hard for the nurse to find it.

Cue me basically having my lower half up in the air so she can try and reach it. Then she makes me laugh saying my cervix was winking at her which makes me push the speculum out

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I never miss a smear. My very first one showed pre cancerous cells and I needed loop excision treatment to remove them, so I make sure when I get the letter I go.

Because of my treatment my cervix is tilted so can be hard for the nurse to find it.

Cue me basically having my lower half up in the air so she can try and reach it. Then she makes me laugh saying my cervix was winking at her which makes me push the speculum out

"

A similar thing happened to me. A doctor was checking my coil for me, the nurse chaperone suddenly said 'why have you got a spanner in your medical bag?'. We all started laughing and he had to hold on to the speculum for dear life

"Smear Tests:

My cervix can hide because I have a retroverted uterus, but they usually just ask me to put my hands under my bum "

Same

I get it in the run up to my period. Hormone fluctuations can cause water retention throughout the body and you feel puffy and chubby, especially your boobs which feel bigger and heavier and sore. It's not fun.

I also have significant water retention in my defective leg. It's currently massive! It's because the blood vessels are poorly regulated due to the nerve damage I have and so I don't respond to cold/heat properly and end up with swelling. There's nowt to treat it either!"

Is it uncomfortable? I got swollen legs during late pregnancy and it was a strange feeling.

Mayfair

I'm going to be careful the next time I order an ice cream with a Speculaas biscuit.

I don't want to ask for a Speculum!

Sunderland

"I swallowed the pessary when I was younger. Ahahaha

That CANNOT have been pleasant! Yucky things "

I've swallowed worse. Just wondered why it didn't work. ??

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

"I never miss a smear. My very first one showed pre cancerous cells and I needed loop excision treatment to remove them, so I make sure when I get the letter I go.

A similar thing happened to me. A doctor was checking my coil for me, the nurse chaperone suddenly said 'why have you got a spanner in your medical bag?'. We all started laughing and he had to hold on to the speculum for dear life "

Making us laugh in these situations isn’t fair

North West

I also have significant water retention in my defective leg. It's currently massive! It's because the blood vessels are poorly regulated due to the nerve damage I have and so I don't respond to cold/heat properly and end up with swelling. There's nowt to treat it either!

Is it uncomfortable? I got swollen legs during late pregnancy and it was a strange feeling. "

Very uncomfortable yes. It feels like a tight band or stocking around my leg constantly and usually accompanied with a burning pain. Because I've transplanted myself into a hot place suddenly and done far too much today, I'm currently paying the price. Elephant foot and pain ftw

Mayfair

Ok, another silly question but I'm asking in earnest regardless... ...is it common for women to lactate during/at any stage of their menstrual cycle?

In this case I'm referring to 'Nulliparous' women.

"Ok, another silly question but I'm asking in earnest regardless... ...is it common for women to lactate during/at any stage of their menstrual cycle?

In this case I'm referring to 'Nulliparous' women."

I don't know how common it is, but I've always has a very tiny amount of lactation. It's not noticeable, nothing like the amount when I've had babies.

North West

"Ok, another silly question but I'm asking in earnest regardless... ...is it common for women to lactate during/at any stage of their menstrual cycle?

Exceptionally unlikely for any woman to lactate during any time of their lives, unless recently having given birth, breastfeeding, recently stopped breastfeeding or have a hormone imbalance (most common cause is a benign tumor called a prolactinoma). To lactate at all, it's necessary to release a hormone called prolactin, which is normally secreted in response to high levels of oxytocin that's produced by childbirth. Prolactinomas cause the same effect.

So no, it's exceptionally unlikely for nulliparous women to lactate.

Lactation can, in theory, be induced, including in nulliparous women but in practice it's not easy to do and quite hard work.

By *urtyDoggerMan  over a year ago

Colchester and surrounding

Hey I have a quick question…for the ladies that are lucky enough to ‘squirt’…what is the actual sensation like? I realise at that point you have a whole lot going on mentally and physically but if anyone has ever caught the moment well enough to explain how it feels that would be great

North West

The above said, I carried on with a small level of lactation for years and years after my son stopped breastfeeding. Probably 8 or more years? Allegedly my blood tests were all normal.

In this case I'm referring to 'Nulliparous' women.

Exceptionally unlikely for any woman to lactate during any time of their lives, unless recently having given birth, breastfeeding, recently stopped breastfeeding or have a hormone imbalance (most common cause is a benign tumor called a prolactinoma). To lactate at all, it's necessary to release a hormone called prolactin, which is normally secreted in response to high levels of oxytocin that's produced by childbirth. Prolactinomas cause the same effect.

So no, it's exceptionally unlikely for nulliparous women to lactate.

Lactation can, in theory, be induced, including in nulliparous women but in practice it's not easy to do and quite hard work. "

*goes off to consult Dr Google*

Mayfair

Thank you KC² et al. That was my last question because I received a PM from someone asking if I was getting off (i.e. 'wanking') by asking these questions.

Sunderland

"Hey I have a quick question…for the ladies that are lucky enough to ‘squirt’…what is the actual sensation like? I realise at that point you have a whole lot going on mentally and physically but if anyone has ever caught the moment well enough to explain how it feels that would be great "

Like a build up of pressure that feels amazing and gets stronger and stronger almost to the point where it feels painful at times, but a good pain because I'm so turned on, then sudden release! Then if they keep on going (which they should) starts all over again.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

"Hey I have a quick question…for the ladies that are lucky enough to ‘squirt’…what is the actual sensation like? I realise at that point you have a whole lot going on mentally and physically but if anyone has ever caught the moment well enough to explain how it feels that would be great "

Piss pressure from yer fanny rather than from your bladder. Like, you know when you really need a wee and your bladder hurts? It ain't that, but it's almost like it's that kind of pressure but a pleasant one in your chuff. But the relief i feel is very similar to letting go of a piss I've been holding for hours but more intense.

Christ that makes no sense at all

Some people (like me) get a little discharge at certain times during their cycle, but its not really "lactation". Its usually no more than a few drops and can come in a wide range of colours from clear to golden to even blue (blue is normal apparently, just hormones!). Its not milk!

Sunderland

"Thank you KC² et al. That was my last question because I received a PM from someone asking if I was getting off (i.e. 'wanking') by asking these questions. "

Fuck them, ask away!

By *ookie_and_NookieCouple  over a year ago

Kent

I switched to the copper coil a few years ago and it is one of the best health decisions I’ve ever made. Because it isn’t hormone based, the anxiety and depression other contraception caused has gone and my sex drive came back with a vengeance! I had some mild discomfort and cramping the day after it was put in and obviously I now have proper cycles with periods (they went when I was on other contraception) but it’s worth it.

C x

Here for this

Kent

No, they would fall down if they were too big. I don’t use towels as I find them generally uncomfortable anyway. I use a combination of period pants and menstrual cup.

C x

Kent

"Hey I have a quick question…for the ladies that are lucky enough to ‘squirt’…what is the actual sensation like? I realise at that point you have a whole lot going on mentally and physically but if anyone has ever caught the moment well enough to explain how it feels that would be great

Like a build up of pressure that feels amazing and gets stronger and stronger almost to the point where it feels painful at times, but a good pain because I'm so turned on, then sudden release! Then if they keep on going (which they should) starts all over again."

Exactly this! It is heavenly!

C x

Liverpool

"Thank you KC² et al. That was my last question because I received a PM from someone asking if I was getting off (i.e. 'wanking') by asking these questions. "

Wtf is wrong with people

Liverpool

I've never lactated in my life.

When it's your TOTM do you know it's coming, and do you feel your mood change?

"Femfresh Shower Gel:

do you use this? I've heard conflicting views that it upsets the natural pH balance of the 'delicate areas' instead of actually 'doing' what it's meant to.

No I don't use it. I use normal body wash, I'm just careful not to get it all up in there . "

And never use mint shower gel down there!

"I think they've changed the frequency of smear tests to every 5 years, which I found quite surprising. Apparently, they have changed the way they test, or what they test for.... "

I had one last September and was also told my next one will be in 5 years unless I have any symptoms I'm worried about.

"Thank you KC² et al. That was my last question because I received a PM from someone asking if I was getting off (i.e. 'wanking') by asking these questions.

Wtf is wrong with people "

I think this a fantastic thread and enjoyed reading the questions and answers.

"When it's your TOTM do you know it's coming, and do you feel your mood change?"

I have a contraceptive implant and don't have Periods but I still get symptoms. Not every month But I know it's TOTM Related as I get tender boobs, Really bad wind And heavy legs.

By *appytochatMan  over a year ago

Deep in the New Forest

"For any men who want to experience what it feels like to have period pains, I've got a tens machine that can be attached to just about anywhere on your body might give you an insight "

My ex tried that on me years ago. Guys the only thing I can compare it to is that feeling when you crash your bike a child and slam your nuts onto the crossbar

"When it's your TOTM do you know it's coming, and do you feel your mood change?"

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Most women I know (including me) use period tracking apps. You log every time you have your period and after a few months it starts - fairly - accurately predicting your next period based on your personal cycle length, as not every woman is dead on 28 days. I used to get a lot of surprise periods as I was super irregular but then when I started eating healthy, working out and losing weight I became like clockwork for the first time in my life, and the app I use is pretty reliable.

It's easy to forget when you're going to come on though. Some months you get all the telltale bloating, weight gain and random pains a few days before, others you'll come on and go "ohhhh so that's why I cried at a dumb advert yesterday"

For the first two days I'm basically like one of those little devil chihuahuas. Literally just the particles of air existing around me get on my nerves.

North West

My cycle is irregular so no, not really. My boobs ache before it starts but that might last 3 days or more than a week. My cycles in the last year varied from 26 to 36 days in length.

By *rincess peachWoman  over a year ago

shits creek

I can have cramps for 2 days before show time to as little as 20 mins before dropping the blood bomb. I'll never just come on without any sign at all.

Sometimes I don't realise I'm due on but will "randomly" pick up a chocolate bar in the shop without giving it a second thought. Knicker river within 24 hrs.

I wouldn't say I feel my mood change, but I do have far less patience and take things a lot more personally than "normal".

There are some months (which luckily haven't been as frequently of late) where I will lay in bed and cry almost solid for a full day. Cry, sleep, cry, sleep, cry, cry more coz all the cry has given me a cry headache thats pounding and I can't breathe coz my nose is a snot factory. Sleep a bit, wake up for a wee, cry coz I've just caught my reflection in the mirror and I'm a hideous puffy mess.

Bit like that.

» Add a new message to this topic