FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Men, what have you always wanted to know about feminine health?

Men, what have you always wanted to know about feminine health?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There's a story that went viral recently about a Deliveroo driver who was fired after posting a video online where he made fun of a customer's order.

He'd opened the package, which was a box of Canesten cream, and made a comment about someone "having problems downstairs". When the woman came down from her student halls to collect, he filmed her and asked her what the package was. She awkwardly tried to explain it was "just medicine". He continued to make fun of her, but when it was clear she didn't know how to react he drove off laughing.

Now this was despicable, and luckily there were a lot of men that recognised how truly awful this was and that thrush is completely normal and nothing to be ashamed about. However, there are always going to be people who are as misinformed as that driver when it comes to women's health issues (although thrush can affect males too).

Further to this, I've heard - both online and in real life - some comments from men just showing general misunderstanding about how periods, ovulation and just the menstrual cycle as a whole works. (No, we cannot just "hold" the blood like pee, or push it out all at once).

Hell, I even overheard some tweens on the bus once discussing how girls get pregnant every month!

So anyway, fellas. This is it. No judgement. No shame. If there's anything you want to know, here is the place to ask it. I'll try my best to answer but if some other lady forumites want to jump in please feel free

Reply privately (closed, thread got too big)

By *lderflowerappleWoman  over a year ago

Basingstoke

Great initiative OP. I'll be happy to help out with explanations too

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

There are alot that need to be informed about bv!!!

By *ampWithABrainWoman  over a year ago

Glasgow

Great idea there was a thread on here recently where op implied thrush was an sti and any woman afflicted therefore “dirty”

There’s a lot of misunderstandings

"Great idea there was a thread on here recently where op implied thrush was an sti and any woman afflicted therefore “dirty”

There’s a lot of misunderstandings "

How strange considering males can get thrush too!

By *inkyInkedBiWoman  over a year ago

"Great idea there was a thread on here recently where op implied thrush was an sti and any woman afflicted therefore “dirty”

Where’s the facepalm emoji when you need one!

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I taught a guy last week that women aren't fertile every day.

By *osephSamuel90Man  over a year ago

Bracknell

On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the most, on average how painful are period pains?

My ex used to think thrush was an sti and he accused me of cheating when I got thrush!

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I knew someone in his 20s who thought a woman released an egg only when she had an orgasm.

Liverpool

"There are alot that need to be informed about bv!!! "

Absolutely! Especially that's its not from being unclean. It's more commonly caused by over washing or using soaps that are too harsh or overly scented.

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

"On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the most, on average how painful are period pains?"

it varies from woman to woman. So 0 for some and genuinely 10 for others and every number in between. Have you ever seen those videos of men having period pain simulators? They're very funny

"On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the most, on average how painful are period pains?"

It’s different for every menstruating person and can also be affected by other conditions. For me, my period pain is 10 and definitely off the scale; but I’ve had friends who would class it was 1. Period pains are actually, practically, a ‘mini’ Labour, your uterus and cervix contracts to let the blood out. So even if a menstruating person has very little period pain, they will still have pain.

Liverpool

How strange considering males can get thrush too!"

And babies.

By *uxom redCouple  over a year ago

Shrewsbury

Sadly it's not just males that don't understand how a woman's body works I've worked with enough teens who have no idea.

[Removed by poster at 02/07/22 22:41:58]

"I taught a guy last week that women aren't fertile every day. "

Yeah this seems to be a common one.

The last time me and my fwb had a condom break scare, I got my MyDays out and went "oh it's okay, I ovulated like a week ago".

I might add he is not an unintelligent man, but this still led to me explaining how ovulation works.

Bracknell

"On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the most, on average how painful are period pains?

it varies from woman to woman. So 0 for some and genuinely 10 for others and every number in between. Have you ever seen those videos of men having period pain simulators? They're very funny "

I wouldn't want to go near them. I'm an absolute pussy when it comes to pain. My car gives me a static shock sometimes when I go to close it so I always close the door with my feet when I get out just to avoid it. Definitely wouldn't be able to deal with a monthly pain

By *ightkitty4uWoman  over a year ago

Epsom

Various female to female. Mine 10! Have special pills that lighten my blood flow in a bid to ease the pain

Yet I know friends who have never had cramps/pain

"No judgement. No shame"

Pretty much every comment that has followed 'hey let me tell you about the idiot men I've spoken to

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I've no desire to talk about thrush, periods or any other women's health issue with men on an Internet sex site

By *ightkitty4uWoman  over a year ago

Epsom

My ex used to think thrush was an sti and he accused me of cheating when I got thrush! "

I got dumped

Lucky escape

Liverpool

"I taught a guy last week that women aren't fertile every day.

Yeah this seems to be a common one.

The last time me and my fwb had a condom break scare, I got my MyDays out and went "oh it's okay, I ovulated like a week ago".

I might add he is not an unintelligent man, but this still led to me explaining how ovulation works. "

Yeah if you're never taught, you're never taught.

By *EAT..85Woman  over a year ago

Nottingham

And babies. "

I had thrush on my nipples when breast feeding my eldest. She had It in her mouth bless her and it was a vicious & painful cycle trying to clear it up whilst still feeding her.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Every woman is different. When there are other conditions they can send a woman to a&e, others just need a painkiller to be fine.

Liverpool

And babies.

I had thrush on my nipples when breast feeding my eldest. She had It in her mouth bless her and it was a vicious & painful cycle trying to clear it up whilst still feeding her. "

By * F 2018Couple  over a year ago

shropshire

Mine when younger were a 9 agony!!!!

By * F 2018Couple  over a year ago

shropshire

Men should be educated on the symptoms of the menapauses too.

There's not really an answer for this. It depends on the woman, and even then it depends on the month and which ovary the egg is released from (in my case one seems to cause way worse cramps than the other!).

It also depends on the time of day. If I get my period at night I'll probably be relatively okay, but if I come on slowly throughout the course of the day it always seems to be worse.

It's also not just the uterus that hurts. Periods play havoc with my gut, so I get intestinal pain too. And leg pain is something that's developed over the past few years. A few periods ago my right nipple went super stiff for hours and hurt so bad it drove me to tears and I had to take painkillers for it.

So yeah, no simple answer.

Bracknell

Also, can you 'feel' a tampon when you're wearing it? Cos I can't even wear a hat/helmet or glasses for too long without getting annoyed by them. Also can't wear contact lenses as can't physically touch my eye without wincing, so don't know how I'd deal with having to put something into such a sensitive area and having to deal with the uncomfort all day

By *not123Couple  over a year ago

sp1

I had one who got thrush in his mouth blamed me I never had thrush but he was on a very strong prescription of antibiotics which can cause thrush ..when I told him after he told a few it was me .. I told him to.google it . He shut up then

"No judgement. No shame

Pretty much every comment that has followed 'hey let me tell you about the idiot men I've spoken to"

If you have a question I promise not to judge you for it

I think it's important to remember it can be hard to understand something you'll never go through.

"Also, can you 'feel' a tampon when you're wearing it? Cos I can't even wear a hat/helmet or glasses for too long without getting annoyed by them. Also can't wear contact lenses as can't physically touch my eye without wincing, so don't know how I'd deal with having to put something into such a sensitive area and having to deal with the uncomfort all day"

It depends on the person again…personally I don’t wear tampons (tilted uterus makes things hell) so I wear pads and sometimes I can feel them sometimes I can’t…depends on the brand and the flow too. I can feel an extra large overnight + pad but a regular pad (without wings) I can’t feel. I don’t wear winged pads; sensory issues

"Also, can you 'feel' a tampon when you're wearing it? Cos I can't even wear a hat/helmet or glasses for too long without getting annoyed by them. Also can't wear contact lenses as can't physically touch my eye without wincing, so don't know how I'd deal with having to put something into such a sensitive area and having to deal with the uncomfort all day"

You can be aware it's there but not "feel" it per se. If it's causing any discomfort you've either inserted it wrong or are using the wrong absorption level for your flow.

By *tarflyLouWoman  over a year ago

Preston

"Also, can you 'feel' a tampon when you're wearing it? Cos I can't even wear a hat/helmet or glasses for too long without getting annoyed by them. Also can't wear contact lenses as can't physically touch my eye without wincing, so don't know how I'd deal with having to put something into such a sensitive area and having to deal with the uncomfort all day

You can be aware it's there but not "feel" it per se. If it's causing any discomfort you've either inserted it wrong or are using the wrong absorption level for your flow. "

Nothing worse than removing a dry one!

"I've no desire to talk about thrush, periods or any other women's health issue with men on an Internet sex site "

Luckily you don't have to

Liverpool

"On a scale of 1-10, 10 being the most, on average how painful are period pains?

There's not really an answer for this. It depends on the woman, and even then it depends on the month and which ovary the egg is released from (in my case one seems to cause way worse cramps than the other!).

It also depends on the time of day. If I get my period at night I'll probably be relatively okay, but if I come on slowly throughout the course of the day it always seems to be worse.

It's also not just the uterus that hurts. Periods play havoc with my gut, so I get intestinal pain too. And leg pain is something that's developed over the past few years. A few periods ago my right nipple went super stiff for hours and hurt so bad it drove me to tears and I had to take painkillers for it.

So yeah, no simple answer. "

When I still had periods, my whole vulva used to feel like it was bruised too.

Liverpool

When it's in right you can't really feel the actual tampon but you are vaguely aware of the string at times. Well I am anyway. Its not uncomfortable unless it gets folded up against you funny.

When I still had periods, my whole vulva used to feel like it was bruised too. "

I get this, along with a sharp pain on the left side of my lower tummy all through my cycle

When I still had periods, my whole vulva used to feel like it was bruised too. "

Yes, this too! It doesn't happen every month, but when it does it's so achey and horrible. Even the lightest feather touch feels like fire.

Bracknell

Thanks for the informative and educational answers to my questions. Not going to lie though the comment about having to pull out a dry tampon made me feel genuinely queasy. Also don't mean this in a sexist way but the answers about period pain make me really glad I'm a man and never had to suffer that shit. I think I'd be wanting that entire time of the month off from work or doing anything if I was a woman. Also, this is probably a stupid question, but if you're a very squeamish woman who faints at the site of blood, would you faint/feel queasy if you saw your own used sanitary products or would it be less severe because it's your own blood? Or would you just have to somehow avoid ever seeing it?

By *romagefraisWoman  over a year ago

Sunderland

Not for most of the time, but when it's full it feels heavy inside and hurts a bit, that's when I know it needs changing.

I don't generally get period pain, but I have at times in my life which has been about a 7 and very occasionally worse than labour pain.

Years ago, an ex (late 20's) thought that tampon absorbency eg light regular, super,super plus was a good indication of how many sexual partners someone had....ie lots meant a bigger/ less tight vagina and so you needed super plus tampons when you had your period. He didn't date a girl because he saw the box in her bathroom. Needless to say, he was educated, but FFS!!!!

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

I can only apologise to all of you women for the uneducated and ignorant of my gender.

Glasgow

Varies greatly by woman depending on a number of factors. I have a condition called endometriosis which means they are so painful I frequently pass out etc due to the pain.

I’m not a wimpy person I’ve also had an impacted wisdom tooth, ovarian torsion and spent 28 hours in labour with no pain relief - all of these were significantly less painful than my periods are, I barely even noticed my labour contractions! The midwives and my daughters father were pointing out when I was having them on the monitor!

But I also have plenty of friends and family who barely notice their periods as they are not very painful at all for them.

Liverpool

"Years ago, an ex (late 20's) thought that tampon absorbency eg light regular, super,super plus was a good indication of how many sexual partners someone had....ie lots meant a bigger/ less tight vagina and so you needed super plus tampons when you had your period. He didn't date a girl because he saw the box in her bathroom. Needless to say, he was educated, but FFS!!!!"

That's an interesting theory. I wonder if he thought the number of sexual partners I had changed throughout my period as I used a combination depending on flow.

Glasgow

My ex used to think thrush was an sti and he accused me of cheating when I got thrush! "

I had that experience with my ex too. He had no clue about womens bodies

"I've no desire to talk about thrush, periods or any other women's health issue with men on an Internet sex site "

No one said you had to

"I can only apologise to all of you women for the uneducated and ignorant of my gender."

Like I said, if you don't go through something there's no way you'll ever really fully understand.

I don't think it's ignorance per se but just a general lack of education and it being a taboo subject until fairly recently. I don't really think it's fair to place the blame on the general male population for that and berating them isn't really going to help.

What's important is that they're willing to ask questions, listen and understand

If you put a cork in the pee hole would it come out of one of the others?

"I can only apologise to all of you women for the uneducated and ignorant of my gender.

Like I said, if you don't go through something there's no way you'll ever really fully understand.

I don't think it's ignorance per se but just a general lack of education and it being a taboo subject until fairly recently. I don't really think it's fair to place the blame on the general male population for that and berating them isn't really going to help.

What's important is that they're willing to ask questions, listen and understand "

Great idea for a post

Liverpool

"If you put a cork in the pee hole would it come out of one of the others?"

No

By *annaBeStrongMan  over a year ago

w

Where is the clit

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"If you put a cork in the pee hole would it come out of one of the others?"

no, your bladder, vagina and intestines aren't connected

Glasgow

So yeah, no simple answer. "

Omg yes, period diarrhoea, nausea, thigh cramps…

Because I have endo on my spine my back would be in agony too

I’m now on meds so that I don’t have them at all as it’s the best way to manage things for me

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I can only apologise to all of you women for the uneducated and ignorant of my gender.

What's important is that they're willing to ask questions, listen and understand "

I agree. If you're met with scorn you won't ask

"If you put a cork in the pee hole would it come out of one of the others?

no, your bladder, vagina and intestines aren't connected"

That’s disappointing. With 3 holes can I use a woman as a bowling ball?

No"

There’s goes my science project

Forum Mod

East Sussex

That’s disappointing. With 3 holes can I use a woman as a bowling ball?"

quite easily

By *otBunsHunWoman  over a year ago

Yorkshire

I can't feel them, only if I've not quite positioned it right, then it's a little uncomfortable

That’s disappointing. With 3 holes can I use a woman as a bowling ball?"

Only if you have one freakishly long finger

That’s disappointing. With 3 holes can I use a woman as a bowling ball?

Only if you have one freakishly long finger"

Now that you mention it

Liverpool

"Where is the clit"

Under the hood where the inner labia meet at the top just below where a landing strip would be if they have one.

"Where is the clit"

Is this an Office reference?

By *onb21Woman  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Thanks for the informative and educational answers to my questions. Not going to lie though the comment about having to pull out a dry tampon made me feel genuinely queasy. Also don't mean this in a sexist way but the answers about period pain make me really glad I'm a man and never had to suffer that shit. I think I'd be wanting that entire time of the month off from work or doing anything if I was a woman. Also, this is probably a stupid question, but if you're a very squeamish woman who faints at the site of blood, would you faint/feel queasy if you saw your own used sanitary products or would it be less severe because it's your own blood? Or would you just have to somehow avoid ever seeing it?"

I'm sure there are some who struggle with it. But it isn't bright red a lot of the time. When I first got my period I didn't understand what it was straight away because it was the colour of dried blood and I expected it to be red.

"Thanks for the informative and educational answers to my questions. Not going to lie though the comment about having to pull out a dry tampon made me feel genuinely queasy. Also don't mean this in a sexist way but the answers about period pain make me really glad I'm a man and never had to suffer that shit. I think I'd be wanting that entire time of the month off from work or doing anything if I was a woman. Also, this is probably a stupid question, but if you're a very squeamish woman who faints at the site of blood, would you faint/feel queasy if you saw your own used sanitary products or would it be less severe because it's your own blood? Or would you just have to somehow avoid ever seeing it?

I'm sure there are some who struggle with it. But it isn't bright red a lot of the time. When I first got my period I didn't understand what it was straight away because it was the colour of dried blood and I expected it to be red."

Yeah towards the end it goes quite dark brown. Sometimes when the next period starts the older blood will come out first and be dark brown before becoming bright red.

Today mine has been more of a pinkish red (first day).

"Where is the clit"

The clitoris is right under the point where the inner labia meet and form a little hood (known as the clitoral hood, in fact). It's on top of (or in front of, depending on which angle you're at) the vagina and the urethra (the hole you pee out of).

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

You are right, men will never fully understand, but more men could make greater efforts to understand, and the men that dont are ignorant.

A lack of education isnt an excuse, most of what I know about women's bodies was self taught because I wasnt being taught it. Berating them men doesnt help, but shaming them is appropriate.

It is important for men to ask these questions, and I'm not apologising on behalf of these men

By *inkylipsWoman  over a year ago

Debauchery

Usually mine are 0-1 but this time they are about an 8 so it does vary

By *iromancergirl1Woman  over a year ago

bolton

I tend to only get period pains when I’m ovulating and mainly on my right side occasionally I’ll have then on both sides when I’m producing an egg from both sides I also have non identical twins so I obviously got caught at one of those times.

By *orny PTMan  over a year ago

Peterborough

"If men had periods" is a sketch from Ben Elton from the 1980s. This explains how it would be seen as a badge of honour for men to bear this open wound.

Religious leaders are the blame why menstruation is still, not-talked-about-in-polite-circles-and-certainly-not-with-men. Their collective stigma and dogma.

The Biblical regulations of Leviticus specify that a menstruating woman must "separate" for seven days (Leviticus 15:19). Any object she sits on or lies upon during this period is becomes a "carrier of tumah" (midras uncleanness).

Other religions are not so open minded about this subject either.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

For me, 0-9. Sometimes I don't even notice, sometimes it's debilitating. Certain things (weight, exercise, sleep) can influence the pain.

Different for different women, as noted. It's become less painful as I've gotten older (so far - 36) although I don't know if my contraception changes that.

Manchester (she/her)

"Thanks for the informative and educational answers to my questions. Not going to lie though the comment about having to pull out a dry tampon made me feel genuinely queasy. Also don't mean this in a sexist way but the answers about period pain make me really glad I'm a man and never had to suffer that shit. I think I'd be wanting that entire time of the month off from work or doing anything if I was a woman. Also, this is probably a stupid question, but if you're a very squeamish woman who faints at the site of blood, would you faint/feel queasy if you saw your own used sanitary products or would it be less severe because it's your own blood? Or would you just have to somehow avoid ever seeing it?

I'm sure there are some who struggle with it. But it isn't bright red a lot of the time. When I first got my period I didn't understand what it was straight away because it was the colour of dried blood and I expected it to be red.

Yeah towards the end it goes quite dark brown. Sometimes when the next period starts the older blood will come out first and be dark brown before becoming bright red.

Today mine has been more of a pinkish red (first day). "

Oddly, since being on the Mirena coil I only get brown blood.

Im good tar

East London

"No judgement. No shame

Pretty much every comment that has followed 'hey let me tell you about the idiot men I've spoken to"

No one called anyone an idiot.

We're highlighting how people can be uninformed or ill-informed.

"I can only apologise to all of you women for the uneducated and ignorant of my gender."

To be totally fair there are both men and women totally uninformed (ignorant perhaps or just naïve) about male and female anatomy and reproductive health.

We aren’t taught enough about how our bodies work when we are young. Some schools teach kids how people become pregnant but they don’t teach the intricacies of fertility for both men and women, egg quality, female reproductive issues etc.

As youngsters it’s all about pregnancy and sti prevention (rightly so) but when it comes to actually wanting family sometimes it doesn’t happen as easily as we are led to believe when we’re taught about the birds and the bees.

Anyone feel free to correct me!!! Eggs are ‘lost’ each cycle but I didn’t realise that you’re born with your quota of eggs. As you get older the quality of your eggs also deteriorates ( I did realise this).

These are perhaps facts people are not aware of and they should be.

Someone mentioned BV - bacterial vaginosis - more people need to be educated on this too. It’s not an sti, can be embarrassing but is normal and treatable.

Our bodies are incredible, beautiful and complex. We should be curious about what they’re capable of and not embarrassed to ask questions.

There should be absolutely no judgment of any queries. I actually find it so refreshing to see people asking the questions posted.

I love programs like Naked Attraction and Embarrassing Bodies. I think they help us see what is ‘normal’ and not what porn portrays as what is normal.

East London

There's probably plenty of stuff women don't know about men; no need to apologise.

"I knew someone in his 20s who thought a woman released an egg only when she had an orgasm.

"

I know a man in his 40s who cant be convinced otherwise

w

"Where is the clit

Is this an Office reference? "

Thank you

Menstruating person? Surely it is women who have periods

Peterborough

‘I’m the Cliff Richard of sitcoms’, he joked, as he reminded us about his infamous sketch about how different life would be if men had periods and not women, and how he took on the establishment – which once banned ads about tampons – and won. ‘I did that’, he said with a wry smile – and he did.

Ben Elton: he knows stuff, speaking to James Driver-Fisher from the Shropshire Star 23/10/93.

Just imagine, two gigantic tampons strapped to the outside of the space shuttle's main booster rocket, pointing towards a blood red sky at dusk. The tampon packaging would have NASA logos all over it.

Fuck it, even LEGO would get involved (in vulv'd?) with a model womb and ovaries structure.

Comedy is a serous business and can change the world.

This was the "picolax thread returns" of the day

Manchester (she/her)

To be totally fair there are both men and women totally uninformed (ignorant perhaps or just naïve) about male and female anatomy and reproductive health.

We aren’t taught enough about how our bodies work when we are young. Some schools teach kids how people become pregnant but they don’t teach the intricacies of fertility for both men and women, egg quality, female reproductive issues etc.

As youngsters it’s all about pregnancy and sti prevention (rightly so) but when it comes to actually wanting family sometimes it doesn’t happen as easily as we are led to believe when we’re taught about the birds and the bees.

Anyone feel free to correct me!!! Eggs are ‘lost’ each cycle but I didn’t realise that you’re born with your quota of eggs. As you get older the quality of your eggs also deteriorates ( I did realise this).

Someone mentioned BV - bacterial vaginosis - more people need to be educated on this too. It’s not an sti, can be embarrassing but is normal and treatable.

Our bodies are incredible, beautiful and complex. We should be curious about what they’re capable of and not embarrassed to ask questions.

There should be absolutely no judgment of any queries. I actually find it so refreshing to see people asking the questions posted.

I love programs like Naked Attraction and Embarrassing Bodies. I think they help us see what is ‘normal’ and not what porn portrays as what is normal.

"

In terms of "normal" stuff, I was very lucky. My parents didn't want to touch any of that crap so gave me books on human anatomy for children. Double page on heart, double page on lungs, double page on female reproductive organs, double page for male reproductive organs. I knew a lot and early.

(My health issues - I have PCOS, endo, and have had gynaecological emergencies - another matter. But you can't have everything )

w

Do females actually orgasm? And when they do is it bad for the baby?

Manchester (she/her)

"Menstruating person? Surely it is women who have periods"

Trans men also have periods

[Removed by poster at 02/07/22 23:59:58]

I’m non-binary and about to socially transition to male and I have periods.

"I had one who got thrush in his mouth blamed me I never had thrush but he was on a very strong prescription of antibiotics which can cause thrush ..when I told him after he told a few it was me .. I told him to.google it . He shut up then"

I get thrush everytime I take an antibiotic. Drives me nuts

Liverpool

What's important is that they're willing to ask questions, listen and understand

You are right, men will never fully understand, but more men could make greater efforts to understand, and the men that dont are ignorant.

A lack of education isnt an excuse, most of what I know about women's bodies was self taught because I wasnt being taught it. Berating them men doesnt help, but shaming them is appropriate.

It is important for men to ask these questions, and I'm not apologising on behalf of these men "

Sometimes though they think they do know about it so have no reason to research anything and it's only if the topic comes up with a woman any they're corrected that they even realise their understanding was wrong.

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

When women wear an 'underwired' bra can you feel the wire? Is it uncomfortable?

Yorkshire

"Do females actually orgasm? And when they do is it bad for the baby? "

Yes they do. And no it's not. Ha.

Manchester (she/her)

"When women wear an 'underwired' bra can you feel the wire? Is it uncomfortable? "

Depends on the bra. Ideally not uncomfortable.

"Menstruating person? Surely it is women who have periods

Trans men also have periods"

By dint of the fact they are biologically female

w

"Do females actually orgasm? And when they do is it bad for the baby?

Yes they do. And no it's not. Ha. "

Is there any proof they orgasm? Because, personally, I’ve never seen it

Yorkshire

"When women wear an 'underwired' bra can you feel the wire? Is it uncomfortable? "
properly fitted bras are quite tight, especially to begin with, and they can be felt. My personal experience is they are very uncomfortable.

Yes; my bras are always poking into me. Sometimes they are fine; when my boobs are swollen before my period that’s when it gets really uncomfortable.

Wearing an underwired bra is about as far from comfortable as it's humanly possible to get.

On the other hand, you will never know relief like releasing the girls from titty prison at the end of a long day. There's no feeling like it.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

not if it fits properly. If the wire works its way out and sticks into you its excruciatingly painful

I’m non-binary and about to socially transition to male and I have periods. "

As stated in another post, because you are biologically female. The point I’m making is the word women is being supplanted

Manchester (she/her)

Trans men also have periods

By dint of the fact they are biologically female"

Cool story bro.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Is there any proof they orgasm? Because, personally, I’ve never seen it "

Peterborough

"I had one who got thrush in his mouth blamed me I never had thrush but he was on a very strong prescription of antibiotics which can cause thrush ..when I told him after he told a few it was me .. I told him to.google it . He shut up then

I get thrush everytime I take an antibiotic. Drives me nuts "

Are steroids an option for you? I had them for a really, really nasty post cold, upper respiratory tract infection, never had covid though: the jabs worked for me.

As stated in another post, because you are biologically female. The point I’m making is the word women is being supplanted "

There’s literally bigger things to worry about I promise you; I say menstruating person and that’s okay. No one’s forcing you to say it.

Mayfair

"....you will never know relief like releasing the girls from titty prison at the end of a long day. There's no feeling like it. "

...as if they're making a break for the border?

Shrewsbury

" Men should be educated on the symptoms of the menapauses too."

Liverpool

We aren’t taught enough about how our bodies work when we are young."

This is true. I've had to teach many women that they don't pee from their vagina and can therefore go for a wee with a tampon in.

As stated in another post, because you are biologically female. The point I’m making is the word women is being supplanted

There’s literally bigger things to worry about I promise you; I say menstruating person and that’s okay. No one’s forcing you to say it. "

Fair point, no one compels me to use particular speech, I concede that point. I’ll be the judge of what I believe to be big enough to worry about

Manchester (she/her)

There’s literally bigger things to worry about I promise you; I say menstruating person and that’s okay. No one’s forcing you to say it. "

I have no issue being referred to as a menstruating person. It's factually accurate.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

We aren’t taught enough about how our bodies work when we are young.

This is true. I've had to teach many women that they don't pee from their vagina and can therefore go for a wee with a tampon in. "

yep. I had to tell a young woman that she was likely to have a period every month, not just one and that was it.

Liverpool

Contrary to what some may believe, women are also people.

Yorkshire

By *cruffymooWoman  over a year ago

Skelmersdale

"There are alot that need to be informed about bv!!! "

Agreed ??

By *eviant KnightMan  over a year ago

Norton

Are boobs as fun to be played with as men think they are to play with?

We aren’t taught enough about how our bodies work when we are young.

This is true. I've had to teach many women that they don't pee from their vagina and can therefore go for a wee with a tampon in. "

To be fair I also only found this out embarrassingly late into my teens

It feels like the same place!

"Are boobs as fun to be played with as men think they are to play with? "

Yes 100%

Shrewsbury

What do you want?

Fireworks?

Can't speak for all ladies, I clench my muscles and stomach ones too and get very wet.

My breathing changes too and a make noises.

There’s literally bigger things to worry about I promise you; I say menstruating person and that’s okay. No one’s forcing you to say it.

I have no issue being referred to as a menstruating person. It's factually accurate."

In your instance you may be ok with that term but what about women who have been that way from day one. For them, the term is probably wide of the mark and the word women has been supplanted by a term to placate those who identify as otherwise. It is similar to the term birthing person being used instead of mother

Shrewsbury

"Are boobs as fun to be played with as men think they are to play with?

Yes 100%"

No fun for they guy yes not always fun for the lady

Also something else I found out at too late of an age: I always wondered why I had what looked like bleach spots on my black underwear.

Turns out vaginal discharge is naturally acidic and can bleach your underwear

What do you want?

Fireworks?

Can't speak for all ladies, I clench my muscles and stomach ones too and get very wet.

My breathing changes too and a make noises. "

He's taking the piss

Mayfair

Is it common (and painful or uncomfortable) to get sore nipples or areolas during menstruation?

Liverpool

Yes

Yeah just don’t go mad gentle-ish and plenty of nipple licking

"Is it common (and painful or uncomfortable) to get sore nipples or areolas during menstruation?"

It is for me; can’t speak for others but mine can be hell sometimes. Can’t even touch them.

"Is it common (and painful or uncomfortable) to get sore nipples or areolas during menstruation?"

I got this for the first time a couple of months ago. It was incredibly painful. Like having a permanent nipple clamp on.

Manchester (she/her)

I have no issue being referred to as a menstruating person. It's factually accurate.

In your instance you may be ok with that term but what about women who have been that way from day one. For them, the term is probably wide of the mark and the word women has been supplanted by a term to placate those who identify as otherwise. It is similar to the term birthing person being used instead of mother"

I'm a cis female. There is an F on my birth certificate. "It's a girl" was cried when I was born.

I am a person who menstruates.

If I had a baby, I would be a birthing person.

I'm also a woman. That isn't true for all people who menstruate or give birth.

Please don't assume that all people who disagree with you are trans.

Liverpool

Unfortunately yes. My boobs also itched when they grew which was fun!

Contrary to what some may believe, women are also people. "

And do women want to be referred to as people/person with issues of a female nature? Surely you are not advocating an approach to get rid of gender specific terms?

"When women wear an 'underwired' bra can you feel the wire? Is it uncomfortable?

Wearing an underwired bra is about as far from comfortable as it's humanly possible to get.

On the other hand, you will never know relief like releasing the girls from titty prison at the end of a long day. There's no feeling like it. "

I've read that bras can be quite damaging to breasts.

Shrewsbury

What do you want?

Fireworks?

He's taking the piss "

I know.

We are still educating on active forum members.

Some readers may not know the formites

In terms of "normal" stuff, I was very lucky. My parents didn't want to touch any of that crap so gave me books on human anatomy for children. Double page on heart, double page on lungs, double page on female reproductive organs, double page for male reproductive organs. I knew a lot and early.

(My health issues - I have PCOS, endo, and have had gynaecological emergencies - another matter. But you can't have everything )"

PCOS sufferer here too.

I’ve found little to no medical support beyond diagnosis to help treat the symptoms of it or to even understand the condition. So disappointing.

Virtual hugs on their way to you. You have it tough ! x

And do women want to be referred to as people/person with issues of a female nature? Surely you are not advocating an approach to get rid of gender specific terms?"

Can you make your own thread on this instead of hijacking my lovely judgement free one please

East London

It can be if the bra isn't well fitting.

What do you want?

Fireworks?

He's taking the piss

I know.

We are still educating on active forum members.

Some readers may not know the formites "

Ah yes fair

Liverpool

"When women wear an 'underwired' bra can you feel the wire? Is it uncomfortable?

On the other hand, you will never know relief like releasing the girls from titty prison at the end of a long day. There's no feeling like it.

I've read that bras can be quite damaging to breasts."

No, well fitting bras don't do any damage

Threads like these are great, back I the day when I was a mobile electrician I used to wire up Max Factor stands so I used to help remove the make so I asked about all the different types. I've forgotten it all now, but it's good to ask.

My ex had a little boy and she didn't realise when he was a baby that you have to hold a penis when you urinate. She got a free shower and learned a lesson.

This post highlights that even though we are the same species we very are different.

In your instance you may be ok with that term but what about women who have been that way from day one. For them, the term is probably wide of the mark and the word women has been supplanted by a term to placate those who identify as otherwise. It is similar to the term birthing person being used instead of mother

I'm a cis female. There is an F on my birth certificate. "It's a girl" was cried when I was born.

Please don't assume that all people who disagree with you are trans."

Also be aware that not all women would use the terminology you use to describe themselves. My wife doesn’t refer to herself as Cis, she is heterosexual. She isn’t a birthing person, she is a mum. You can of course you the terminology you see fit but I won’t support it and I hope to god any feminist worth her salt wouldn’t either.

Manchester (she/her)

And do women want to be referred to as people/person with issues of a female nature? Surely you are not advocating an approach to get rid of gender specific terms?"

Why would menstruating be a female issue, given that trans men menstruate?

I'm for factual accuracy (people menstruate and give birth) rather than catering to tantrumming snowflakes who can't handle reality and insist that the world caters to them.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

I think it would be useful for a lot of people to point out that a woman's vagina is on the inside, doesn't grow hair, is unlikely to be tatooed and doesn't need shaving or waxing.

Liverpool

"I think it would be useful for a lot of people to point out that a woman's vagina is on the inside, doesn't grow hair, is unlikely to be tatooed and doesn't need shaving or waxing. "

Or washing

Forum Mod

East Sussex

"I think it would be useful for a lot of people to point out that a woman's vagina is on the inside, doesn't grow hair, is unlikely to be tatooed and doesn't need shaving or waxing.

Or washing "

god yes.

"I think it would be useful for a lot of people to point out that a woman's vagina is on the inside, doesn't grow hair, is unlikely to be tatooed and doesn't need shaving or waxing.

Or washing "

When I was 18/19 and really, really fucking horrendously stupid I used to spray strawberry scented Body Shop perfume on my bits when getting ready for nights out, thinking if I pulled I'd smell like strawberries

I'm so lucky I never got an infection from doing that.

Manchester (she/her)

Also be aware that not all women would use the terminology you use to describe themselves. My wife doesn’t refer to herself as Cis, she is heterosexual. She isn’t a birthing person, she is a mum. You can of course you the terminology you see fit but I won’t support it and I hope to god any feminist worth her salt wouldn’t either."

My feminism is intersectional and encompasses the trans community.

I'm sorry if you feel that your family can have terminology that suits you but you would deny that to others. That's not a feminism I want anything to do with.

w

Or washing "

You don’t wash your vagina?

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Or washing

You don’t wash your vagina? "

nope its a self cleaning organ

Liverpool

Or washing

When I was 18/19 and really, really fucking horrendously stupid I used to spray strawberry scented Body Shop perfume on my bits when getting ready for nights out, thinking if I pulled I'd smell like strawberries

I'm so lucky I never got an infection from doing that. "

I got my first yeast infection in my early teens from wiping myself with a clearasil face wipe. I don't even remember why . We all do dumb shit as teenagers.

Or washing

It's self cleaning. Using hygiene products messes up your natural pH, leading to things like thrush and BV. All that's necessary is cleaning the vulva with water.

Liverpool

Or washing

No, the same way I don't wash down my throat.

Or washing

Nope I only use water. Self-cleaning organ and anything other than water will throw the PH balance off. Especially femfresh.

Manchester (she/her)

Or washing

I'm so lucky I never got an infection from doing that. "

Oh no

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Or washing

Nope I only use water. Self-cleaning organ and anything other than water will throw the PH balance off. Especially femfresh. "

you don't actually wash your vagina though?

Or washing

Nope I only use water. Self-cleaning organ and anything other than water will throw the PH balance off. Especially femfresh.

you don't actually wash your vagina though?"

The vulva I clean the vulva lol. Too used to using just vagina as a be-all term lol

Mayfair

How often do you suffer or experience menstrual cramps? Is it during every cycle or less frequently?

And are they extremely painful or an uncomfortable 'nuisance'?

East London

Or washing

That would be like you washing your rectum.

Liverpool

"How often do you suffer or experience menstrual cramps? Is it during every cycle or less frequently?

And are they extremely painful or an uncomfortable 'nuisance'?"

For me it was with every period. If it helps, I'd rather have toothe ache than period pain.

Mayfair

"How often do you suffer or experience menstrual cramps? Is it during every cycle or less frequently?

For me it was with every period. If it helps, I'd rather have toothe ache than period pain. "

That puts it into context for me, thank you.

Shrewsbury

Personally it was every cycle that could diifer, I couldn't do much for the first two days, pain was horrible abd cramps added made worse.

And do women want to be referred to as people/person with issues of a female nature? Surely you are not advocating an approach to get rid of gender specific terms?

I'm for factual accuracy (people menstruate and give birth) rather than catering to tantrumming snowflakes who can't handle reality and insist that the world caters to them."

I’m no snowflake mate, I rather believe you fall firmly into that category

For the first one, I think we have already answered this one? If you scroll up a little there will be more info on this

For the second part, it's hard to explain the sensation. It's kind of like a hollow ache which pulls into the center of the bottom of my tummy, with varying intensity. With some nausea thrown in.

On the first day I also always feel like I have to poop.

Shrewsbury

For the first one, I think we have already answered this one? If you scroll up a little there will be more info on this

For the second part, it's hard to explain the sensation. It's kind of like a hollow ache which pulls into the center of the bottom of my tummy, with varying intensity. With some nausea thrown in.

On the first day I also always feel like I have to poop. "

It's pretty usual for the first and second day to have diarrhea.

Manchester (she/her)

I'm for factual accuracy (people menstruate and give birth) rather than catering to tantrumming snowflakes who can't handle reality and insist that the world caters to them.

I’m no snowflake mate, I rather believe you fall firmly into that category "

I'm not the one getting offended over calling women people.

Also be aware that not all women would use the terminology you use to describe themselves. My wife doesn’t refer to herself as Cis, she is heterosexual. She isn’t a birthing person, she is a mum. You can of course you the terminology you see fit but I won’t support it and I hope to god any feminist worth her salt wouldn’t either.

I'm sorry if you feel that your family can have terminology that suits you but you would deny that to others. That's not a feminism I want anything to do with."

My family use the terminology that suits them, nothing to do with me. My mother, my sister and my wife all referred to themselves as mothers, never a birthing person. They are mothers and that is factually correct, not a term chosen on my behalf

Mayfair

This is probably a silly question but I'm aware that some sanitary pads/liners have 'wings'.

What are the wings for? Indeed, what are they?

On the first day I also always feel like I have to poop.

It's pretty usual for the first and second day to have diarrhea. "

It is, but I was referring more to the sensation you get when you have to poop

"This is probably a silly question but I'm aware that some sanitary pads/liners have 'wings'.

What are the wings for? Indeed, what are they?"

They're stickers that come out to the side of the main "body" of the pad. You stick them to the underside of your knickers and it just helps keep them in place. Some women don't like them as they can irritate the skin.

Liverpool

"This is probably a silly question but I'm aware that some sanitary pads/liners have 'wings'.

They're sticky flaps (lol) that you fold over to the outside of your underwear to hold the pad in place. Ones without wings are just sticky on the underside and there's risk of them shifting about or you bleeding over the sides.

Manchester (she/her)

I'm sorry if you feel that your family can have terminology that suits you but you would deny that to others. That's not a feminism I want anything to do with.

My family use the terminology that suits them, nothing to do with me. My mother, my sister and my wife all referred to themselves as mothers, never a birthing person. They are mothers and that is factually correct, not a term chosen on my behalf "

Mothers are a subset of birthing people. Sorry if you find this confusing.

You do know that mothers are people, right?

Manchester (she/her)

What are the wings for? Indeed, what are they?

They're sticky flaps (lol) that you fold over to the outside of your underwear to hold the pad in place. Ones without wings are just sticky on the underside and there's risk of them shifting about or you bleeding over the sides. "

I don't get on with pads without wings

"Thanks for the informative and educational answers to my questions. Not going to lie though the comment about having to pull out a dry tampon made me feel genuinely queasy. Also don't mean this in a sexist way but the answers about period pain make me really glad I'm a man and never had to suffer that shit. I think I'd be wanting that entire time of the month off from work or doing anything if I was a woman. Also, this is probably a stupid question, but if you're a very squeamish woman who faints at the site of blood, would you faint/feel queasy if you saw your own used sanitary products or would it be less severe because it's your own blood? Or would you just have to somehow avoid ever seeing it?"

My elder daughter faints at the sight of her own blood if she cuts herself or has to give a blood sample, but doesn't faint during her period. She has very painful heavy periods and has been put on the pill to help alleviate the discomfort.

Manchester (she/her)

My elder daughter faints at the sight of her own blood if she cuts herself or has to give a blood sample, but doesn't faint during her period. She has very painful heavy periods and has been put on the pill to help alleviate the discomfort. "

I was similar when I was younger. I hope she finds a long term solution, it's miserable

Forum Mod

East Sussex

Or washing

you don't actually wash your vagina though?

The vulva I clean the vulva lol. Too used to using just vagina as a be-all term lol"

Lol

By *ixiePoisonWoman  over a year ago

Darlington

I was lucky in one way, rarely had pain, but I was really heavy, had to wear tampons and pads together, and bled solidly for a week.

Forum Mod

East Sussex

If red bull did sanitary pads...

By *ulu and MonkeyCouple  over a year ago

Durham

People with sti aren't dirty,????

Mayfair

I had a few more questions but this thread is going to conclude.

Does this need a part 2?

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

"I had a few more questions but this thread is going to conclude. "

New one!

Shrewsbury

I think the trush bit!

People with sti aren't dirty,????"