FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Loneliness

Loneliness

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

Weve talked about homelessness quite abit of late. But lets not underestimate lonliness. There are alot of lonely people in the world, with or without family

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

and christmas is always a particularly lonely time for those without family and friends .............

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

I have felt quite lonely recently.. I have great family etc.. I just feel lonely I just think its the run up to xmas that is all and been single quite a few christmases.. Ahhh well I need to pull myself together...

"and christmas is always a particularly lonely time for those without family and friends ............. "

I went to meet the person im having for christmas dinner to day, i felt so humble, its upset me really

"and christmas is always a particularly lonely time for those without family and friends ............. "

Before i had my daughter i always put my name down to work on Xmas day in the Nursing Home.. the best day of the year by far to work!

Yes it was stupidly busy but time just flew past, everyone singing to each other, clients spirits were more often than not lifted (even if they were poorly)

However it was sad to see some people have no guests but thats when we (as in staff) always made the extra effort to make it more cheerful and play games (for those who could join in)

i do feel it .move to town where i don't know any one no family here .my son at school and other half at work,ive been looking for work but no luck.

when i was in army in germany, at xmas the married personel took you to theirs for xmas dinner/party , which was really nice tradition but you cant beat your own family though, its the OAPS i feel really sorry for, who might have no-one, we will all be old 1 day so think on.......

When I first moved down south 6 years ago it was my first Xmas without any family. I spent the day sat watching tv alone, eating crap and it was depressing as hell

I'm quite a social person and Christmas for me is a time to celebrate with families and it's very much an open-door policy at our house. I 'love nothing more than cooking Xmas dinner for a dozen people with hams and cakes to put out for the grazers that arrive later.

I'd be devastated if I was alone later in life although I accept that as the years go on I won't be able to do all the cooking like I do now. I really feel for people who are alone at any time of the year but especially at Christmas. I've already decided that when my children have flown the coup and are building their own traditions I'll do voluntary work to try and keep mine going for as long as I can.

By *arambarMan  over a year ago

swindon

When in a relationship I used to be jealous of my single friends and their ability to do what they wanted whenever they wanted, but now I'm single I've realised it's not quite as rosy as I'd pictured it.

I have my son with me every other week but the weeks when I'm alone are sometimes difficult. I tend to work longer hours those weeks, which my boss appreciates, and I do voluntary work too just to try and not be home-alone.

I wrote this poem a few years back after reading a story about a guy whose life had suffered a long series of events that took the life he had away from him and basically left him with nothing. But he still had hope that the future held something for him and he never gave up on that. I don't know how it worked out for him, I hope he found happiness somewhere.

~

Looking for a Friendly Port

~

I set my sails and sail away,

My boat and me upon the waves,

I'm headed towards distant shores,

A home for me there is no more.

I navigate by the stars,

I navigate my heart through wars,

My anchor chain is no longer taut,

As I look for a friendly port.

~

Searching, searching, evermore,

What's ahead of me? What lies in store?

Pirates! - brigands of the lowest kind -

Steal my treasure and rape my mind,

And give me up, left for dead,

To the loneliness inside my head.

And still I seem to die some more,

As I look for a friendly port.

~

My rudder has been broken long,

My crew jumped ship and I am alone,

I have a flag that refuses to flutter,

No wind is blown, no word is uttered,

And silence is my only friend,

As I look for a welcome wind,

To speed my passage but still I'm caught,

Looking for a friendly port.

~

Land on the horizon, or so it seems,

Years without love, is it a dream?

Mirages concocted by my madness?

Surely, please, let it be no less.

A Bird of Peace lands on my bow,

I'm nearly there, though hell knows how,

To me, calmer waters, my hope has brought,

As I sail into a friendly port.

swindon

"and christmas is always a particularly lonely time for those without family and friends .............

I went to meet the person im having for christmas dinner to day, i felt so humble, its upset me really"

You're eating a person this Christmas....?!? Think we're just having turkey.

By *ub bbwWoman  over a year ago

oldbury

Christmas is a lonely time for me as i have no family left and friends are all busy with their own family so i spend a lot of time alone. Its getting easier as the years go on but its still lonely it shouls be a time for family so i dont expect anyone to make time for me. My friends this year have invited me over for christmas eve christmas day and boxing day im not sure i will go yet as i dont want to feel im imposing but i supose they wouldnt invite me if they didnt want me there.

"and christmas is always a particularly lonely time for those without family and friends .............

I went to meet the person im having for christmas dinner to day, i felt so humble, its upset me really

You're eating a person this Christmas....?!? Think we're just having turkey."

Not a whole one, saving the arms and legs to make soup

I am going to Rodger the lodgers mum for christmas... It has got desperate this year... haha

"Christmas is a lonely time for me as i have no family left and friends are all busy with their own family so i spend a lot of time alone. Its getting easier as the years go on but its still lonely it shouls be a time for family so i dont expect anyone to make time for me. My friends this year have invited me over for christmas eve christmas day and boxing day im not sure i will go yet as i dont want to feel im imposing but i supose they wouldnt invite me if they didnt want me there."
please go and enjoy yourself, i have no idea what its like to be on my own, but me and wife visit family but xmas day together

sometimes i have felt lonely being with people. when you havnt got that much in common, when they just want to watch television and its not what you want to watch. when you dont talk to each other much.

i didnt feel so lonely when my son was little, i could take him out with me.

dogs are good company but you cant take them everywhere with you.

sometimes lonelyness is unbearable.

just to switch on the radio or even television makes you feel better.

swindon

"I am going to Rodger the lodgers mum for christmas... It has got desperate this year... haha "

Does she know she's getting rodgered for Christmas?

You sure she wouldn't prefer a nice scarf or a box of chocolates?

"I am going to Rodger the lodgers mum for christmas... It has got desperate this year... haha

You sure she wouldn't prefer a nice scarf or a box of chocolates? "

swindon

"sometimes i have felt lonely being with people. when you havnt got that much in common, when they just want to watch television and its not what you want to watch. when you dont talk to each other much.

i didnt feel so lonely when my son was little, i could take him out with me.

dogs are good company but you cant take them everywhere with you.

sometimes lonelyness is unbearable.

just to switch on the radio or even television makes you feel better."

Very well written and true... you don't have to be alone to be lonely.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"I am going to Rodger the lodgers mum for christmas... It has got desperate this year... haha

"

Omg......how do you do Santa smilies?????

oldbury

"Christmas is a lonely time for me as i have no family left and friends are all busy with their own family so i spend a lot of time alone. Its getting easier as the years go on but its still lonely it shouls be a time for family so i dont expect anyone to make time for me. My friends this year have invited me over for christmas eve christmas day and boxing day im not sure i will go yet as i dont want to feel im imposing but i supose they wouldnt invite me if they didnt want me there.please go and enjoy yourself, i have no idea what its like to be on my own, but me and wife visit family but xmas day together "

Thanks you i have been told if i dont go they will come and sing carols outside my door till i let them in then they will kidnap me im not sure i can put my neighbours through catwalling so think its best to go

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

" im not sure i will go yet as i dont want to feel im imposing but i supose they wouldnt invite me if they didnt want me there.please go and enjoy yourself, i have no idea what its like to be on my own, but me and wife visit family but xmas day together

Thanks you i have been told if i dont go they will come and sing carols outside my door till i let them in then they will kidnap me im not sure i can put my neighbours through catwalling so think its best to go "

Then take them at their word.

All to often we try to second-guess what people really mean. And yet a true friend will generally say exactly what they mean. If you can't speak truth to the people you choose to surround yourself with, who can you?

Go, share, enjoy - and then return to the peace and quiet and calm of your own place and enjoy that too.

I am alone, however, never lonely.

One can be surrounded by many people and still feel lonely.

swindon

Omg......how do you do Santa smilies????? "

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/feedback/80975

Sheffield

"

Omg......how do you do Santa smilies?????

http://www.fabswingers.com/forum/feedback/80975"

@ then a normal smilie face : - ) obviously without the spaces

oldbury

" im not sure i will go yet as i dont want to feel im imposing but i supose they wouldnt invite me if they didnt want me there.please go and enjoy yourself, i have no idea what its like to be on my own, but me and wife visit family but xmas day together

Thanks you i have been told if i dont go they will come and sing carols outside my door till i let them in then they will kidnap me im not sure i can put my neighbours through catwalling so think its best to go

Then take them at their word.

All to often we try to second-guess what people really mean. And yet a true friend will generally say exactly what they mean. If you can't speak truth to the people you choose to surround yourself with, who can you?

Go, share, enjoy - and then return to the peace and quiet and calm of your own place and enjoy that too. "

Wise words tempting devil have just had another invite from another friend so it looks like i wont be alone this christmas. I might still feel lonely tho as i always miss people who have passed away.

You sure she wouldn't prefer a nice scarf or a box of chocolates? "

Yes she thinks I am a great girl and does not understand why I am not together with her son... That thought is just wrong!

Sheffield

" have just had another invite from another friend so it looks like i wont be alone this christmas. I might still feel lonely tho as i always miss people who have passed away. "

One of the truths of life is that you never truly understand what it is to love and be loved until someone you love dies.

And from the sounds of it you may be alone in terms of family but you are surrounded by love.

By *evilwolfCouple  over a year ago

Leicestershire

" I might still feel lonely tho as i always miss people who have passed away. "

That's why Christmas is bittersweet

...but it's great for the kids and long live that!

Wolf

oldbury

thanks for the nice words

I have decided this year to get in the sprits of things and have a christmas party....

oldbury

"I have decided this year to get in the sprits of things and have a christmas party.... "

good idea im having a housewarming and christmas dinner the week before christmas

"I have decided this year to get in the sprits of things and have a christmas party....

good idea im having a housewarming and christmas dinner the week before christmas

"

Yes but this is a special one its for the non prudes...

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

"I have decided this year to get in the sprits of things and have a christmas party....

Yes but this is a special one its for the non prudes... "

I'm a non prude

I'm a non prude "

I know you are the first on my list...

I'm a non prude

I know you are the first on my list... "

Gonna be a long list....

I shall have gourmet feasts for myself and the pets over Christmas, can't wait!

Must not feed them anything too rich, or I'll have to deal with the effects on their GITs afterwards.

The number of times I had spent with peeps other than a partner since 1984 can be counted with one hand, and they all had issues and unpleasantness.

Much better being on my own with just the pets for company.

oldbury

I'm a non prude "

Best kind of party enjoy

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

I've spent Christmas on my own in the past by choice, even thou I am from a large family. As a family I felt it was hard to be around as I was unhappy. It took one of my uncles to remind me that even thou I was alive I was not living. I always remember him telling me I was disrespectful to everyone that cared about me not to live to the best of my ability.

By *he Original TTMan  over a year ago

Brackley, Northants

Yes but this is a special one its for the non prudes... "

Living half my time home alone and half my time with my kiddie mixes things up nicely so I rarely get lonely. When I DO feel that way though, I remind myself just how much more lonely I was when I lived with my ex.

Knowing what I know now, I'd settle for alone-loneliness rather than together-loneliness any day, that's just soul destroying...

"Living half my time home alone and half my time with my kiddie mixes things up nicely so I rarely get lonely. When I DO feel that way though, I remind myself just how much more lonely I was when I lived with my ex.

Knowing what I know now, I'd settle for alone-loneliness rather than together-loneliness any day, that's just soul destroying...

"

Sheffield

I'm a non prude

I know you are the first on my list... "

Huh! What about me?

I'm a non prude

Huh! What about me? "

Oh of course you...

I'm a non prude

Huh! What about me? "

I'm hoping the party will be advertised in the meets/party section

I'm a non prude

Huh! What about me?

I'm hoping the party will be advertised in the meets/party section "

What kind of roast? Turkey? Goose? Spit?

By *umsuckMan  over a year ago

Gateshead

Loneliness is like a puppy,its not just for xmas. For some its all year round. A simple smile as you pass someone in the street,a word as you're in the queue in a checkout,that' how are you' that perhaps you don't really mean can make a world of difference to some

"Loneliness is like a puppy,its not just for xmas. For some its all year round. A simple smile as you pass someone in the street,a word as you're in the queue in a checkout,that' how are you' that perhaps you don't really mean can make a world of difference to some"

By *els_BellsWoman  over a year ago

with the moon n stars somewhere in gtr manc

"Loneliness is like a puppy,its not just for xmas. For some its all year round. A simple smile as you pass someone in the street,a word as you're in the queue in a checkout,that' how are you' that perhaps you don't really mean can make a world of difference to some"
well said!

hate the winter season most of all. Its forced on us all this Xmas stuff. Im going to hibernate... Until march...

Im ok with my own company for the majority of the time but there are times that im sat thinking there has to be more to life.

My mates moved, another died and so unless i see my neice or brother (rarely)..i dont see anyone.

But i know that someone is there if needed and thats more than others have. We, as a society dont bother checking on our elderly neighbours anymore. We have become to wrapped up in our own lives to care.

It takes a cpl of mins to go knock and ask if all is ok etc.

And if i was mobile, thats what i would be doing.

» Add a new message to this topic