FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Preschool

Preschool

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just left my little one for the first time at Preschool by herself, she went off screaming and crying and when I called them when I got home to see if she had calmed down, apparently they'd told her that I'd gone to the shops so she was standing at the door refusing to take her coat off because 'mummy will be back in a minute'. Now I feel completely awful

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *upitersmileCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

Aww, it's heartbreaking but she'll soon get used to it and start making friends. Before you know it she'll be running in without so much as a kiss goodbye!

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

And then you do the same again with Comprehensive school as I just have.

It might last a whole week or 2 at the most, but often its just a day or two

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Just left my little one for the first time at Preschool by herself, she went off screaming and crying and when I called them when I got home to see if she had calmed down, apparently they'd told her that I'd gone to the shops so she was standing at the door refusing to take her coat off because 'mummy will be back in a minute'. Now I feel completely awful "

Try leaving one of your bags or scarfs or something with her, hang it up beside her coat and tell her when it's time for her to put her coat on you'll be back to put your scarf on collect your bag etc. xx

When my sister took her little 'un to school for the first time, she wasn't happy at being left at all.

At the time there was a cartoon film called 'The Land before time' which the little 'un was well into.

There was a thing in it called the 'Tree Star' (basically a star shaped leaf)

So my sister picked up a leaf out of the school yard and put in my nieces hand and told her that'd she always be safe whilst she held it in her hand.

When she went back to pick her up after school, it was still in her hand and the fist was still firmly clenched round it. She only let go when she saw my sister.

She felt the same sense of awful that I think you're probably feeling today x

It's heart rending to see them go for the first time, and the leg hugging, hand holding and crying only hurts all the more.

Eventually the teachers had to had to prise me away from my daughter whilst she ran in to school

But seriously, it is hard for the first time, but you have to be firm, and just walk away no matter how hard it hurts.

When they learn that you will be back to collect them at the end of the day, that you haven't gone far, and will always be there for them, it gets easier. They'll settle in remarkably quickly, when they find friends and toys and activities.

Keep strong and it WILL be fine

As above, no doubt the wee one will be kicking and screaming not wanting to leave tonight (by all accounts I was not too keen to go in on the first day and not too keen to leave at the end! Master)

I cried because my daughter didnt cry.. thought it meant she didnt love me.

I hated dropping mine of for the first time , was heartbreaking

I'm more upset now that my son runs in to school (Reception Year) without looking back

"I'm more upset now that my son runs in to school (Reception Year) without looking back "
no how you feel.

My middle one was the worse, she would cry for the whole two and a half hours, when i left she'd be clinging to my leg and they'd have to peel her off and take her in screaming and when i picked her up she'd still be crying and they'd say she hadnt stopped since i left, i used to walk away with tears running down my face as i felt so bad for leaving her in such a state but the younger you get them used to being away from you the easier it is, she couldnt be acting like that at 5 and 6 in the main school

this went on for about 3 or 4 weeks before she finally calmed down and realised it wasnt so bads after all, and even when she did shes still have a little turn as i left

my other two didnt give a monkeys, my eldest used to take her coat off and push me out the door

My eldest was the same on his first day, he was fine after half an hour luckily x

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Thanks everyone, I'm glad it wasn't just me who felt like this! She enjoyed herself in the end and came out singing and dancing, and then fell over

» Add a new message to this topic