FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > computer help please

computer help please

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *layfullsam OP   Man  over a year ago

Solihull

i used a work laptop to log onto fab rather than my own and now when i type anything that starts with fa into the msn search box fabswingers comes up as an option suggested below

can i get rid of just this or do i have do delete everything if so whats the best way ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

clear cookies, history etc. Should clear it.

Solihull

i can turn off auto suggest but then nothing comes up so only realy want to get rid of the fab one

Solihull

only problem is will it wipe off my other work ones ?

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

If you want to be selective go into history and delete all fab related ones individually

Solihull

ive deleted them from history but when i type for example fa to start looking for facebook fabswingers comes up as a suggestion as starts with same letters ?

In Your Bush

What browser?

Solihull

msn homepage but bing at end of search box ?

In Your Bush

Are you using Internet Explorer?

Solihull

yes

In Your Bush

Press ctrl alt del at same time. This will bring up a delete browsing history box. Put a tick in the ones you want to erase and leave blank for the ones you want to keep. Then click delete.

I think it is the form data one which is auto completing fab for you. Be aware that this will now not suggest anything to you again until the next time you visit said site

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Press ctrl alt del at same time. This will bring up a delete browsing history box. Put a tick in the ones you want to erase and leave blank for the ones you want to keep. Then click delete.

I think it is the form data one which is auto completing fab for you. Be aware that this will now not suggest anything to you again until the next time you visit

said site "

Nerd!

By *ady4ladyWoman  over a year ago

liverpool

Or, when you open internet explorer, have a look on the home page for ' In Private Browsing' choose this and browse away.

InPrivate Browsing helps prevent Internet Explorer from storing data about your browsing session. This includes cookies, temporary Internet files, history, and other data. Toolbars and extensions are disabled by default.

Simples

By *rumCoupleCouple  over a year ago

birmingham

You can delete autocomplete entries directly from the address bar. Simply start typeing, wait for the "dodgy" address(es) to show, and press the "Del" key. It'll remove it permanently.

HOWEVER, if you have been browsing Fab through your employers network, be prepared they are very likely to have a record of it - and there is nothing you can do about that.

» Add a new message to this topic