FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Keeping things private.

Keeping things private.

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

There’s a couple of options on fab where you can share or hide something’s and it goes as far as hiding your profile. Which is where we all have free choice.

I see the benefit of showing my profile, and it’s obvious. People will possibly see I am the type of guy they’d love to friendzone soon…

And if I feel the need to not have 100 messeges a day, I would hide it for a while to catch up with those messages I already have …

But what is the benefits of :

Hiding / sharing your verifications

Hiding / sharing your friends list (does anyone even do this?)

I’d like to hear peoples opinions on this.

Have a fab day everyone

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

I didnt know there was an option to hide your friends list

By *parkle1974Woman  over a year ago

Leeds

"There’s a couple of options on fab where you can share or hide something’s and it goes as far as hiding your profile. Which is where we all have free choice.

I see the benefit of showing my profile, and it’s obvious. People will possibly see I am the type of guy they’d love to friendzone soon…

And if I feel the need to not have 100 messeges a day, I would hide it for a while to catch up with those messages I already have …

But what is the benefits of :

Hiding / sharing your verifications

Hiding / sharing your friends list (does anyone even do this?)

I’d like to hear peoples opinions on this.

Have a fab day everyone "

I don't show my verifications from private meets as it's no-one else's business who I meet with. I think my organised social ones are enough to prove I am who I say I am.

Again with my friends list, it's got nothing to do with anyone else.

Why do strangers need to know.....

"….

I don't show my verifications from private meets as it's no-one else's business who I meet with. I think my organised social ones are enough to prove I am who I say I am.

Why do strangers need to know....."

I don’t know, but there’s an option to share it. So why do you think the website added the feature?

Leeds

"….

I don’t know, but there’s an option to share it. So why do you think the website added the feature? "

No idea. I think though if it were made compulsory to show verifications, friends list and hotlist etc would put a lot of people off as some like discretion x

"….

I don’t know, but there’s an option to share it. So why do you think the website added the feature?

No idea. I think though if it were made compulsory to show verifications, friends list and hotlist etc would put a lot of people off as some like discretion x"

Oh yes, I do think it could/would.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

I suspect it was the other way around. The underlying software was probably designed around the concept that users would want to be social and interact with each other. "If you liked Woody B, you might also like DanBerks", that kind of principle.

But given the nature of the site, making it optional was preferred (by admin) to switching it off.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Verifications - simply because I don’t want anyone to know who I’ve met/meeting. Although I do usually show social ones.

Friends list - i didn’t even know there was an option to show that. Never seen it. Where is it? Do mine show?

By *ealitybitesMan  over a year ago

Belfast

I don't have play veris and only show those from people I've actually spoken to since meeting.

I don't display my friends list because it's nobody's business but mine and it's a very short list anyway.

Last time I hid my profile was when I wasn't here for over a year.

I do feel though that while there are valid reasons for hiding a profile there should be restricted access to other parts of the site such as the forums when hidden.

There have been many many incendiary threads and forum arguments fed by hidden profiles over the years but even perfectly innocent comments can easily be taken out of context if others aren't able to view the profile making them.

Belfast

"Verifications - simply because I don’t want anyone to know who I’ve met/meeting. Although I do usually show social ones.

Friends list - i didn’t even know there was an option to show that. Never seen it. Where is it? Do mine show?"

Friends list can be viewed on the web version unless turned off. Don't think they can be seen in the mobile version.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

Yeah similar here ..

Mainly only social veris ..

I have other veris that would shock some but they will never be shown as there's no need

By *oo..Woman  over a year ago

Boo's World

"Verifications - simply because I don’t want anyone to know who I’ve met/meeting. Although I do usually show social ones.

Friends list - i didn’t even know there was an option to show that. Never seen it. Where is it? Do mine show?"

Under the privacy option

Paradise, Herts

Friends list - i didn’t even know there was an option to show that. Never seen it. Where is it? Do mine show?

Friends list can be viewed on the web version unless turned off. Don't think they can be seen in the mobile version. "

Ah I see! Only ever been on fab on my phone. That must be why then. Thanks.

By *oo..Woman  over a year ago

Boo's World

"Yeah similar here ..

I have other veris that would shock some but they will never be shown as there's no need "

Nothing shocks with you ha ha

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Friends list only shows if using the desktop version. Yours doesn’t show and you can find it in your privacy settings

"I suspect it was the other way around. The underlying software was probably designed around the concept that users would want to be social and interact with each other. "If you liked Woody B, you might also like DanBerks", that kind of principle.

But given the nature of the site, making it optional was preferred (by admin) to switching it off."

Imagine knowing Dan and Woody have never been seen in the same room at a social together…..

By *pursChick aka ShortieWoman  over a year ago

On a mooch

Quite simply it’s no one else’s business but mine and the person I’m meeting.

Social veris are enough for people to know I’m ‘real’, they don’t need to know what I get up to or with who.

By *rumpyMcFuckNuggetMan  over a year ago

Den of Iniquity

"Yeah similar here ..

I have other veris that would shock some but they will never be shown as there's no need

Nothing shocks with you ha ha "

Not sure if that's a compliment or not but thankyou

By *ickshawedCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

I hid the friends list because it felt right.

Some verifications aren't published because they're very samey to what's already there, or are from people we've met more than once. If I find a veri too sexually descriptive I probably won't publish it

By *ea monkeyMan  over a year ago

Manchester (he/him)

"I hid the friends list because it felt right.

Some verifications aren't published because they're very samey to what's already there, or are from people we've met more than once. If I find a veri too sexually descriptive I probably won't publish it "

It’s the Limericks that you’re really after

Manchester (he/him)

I’ve had phases of hiding or showing for various reasons.

Hiding profiles is usually about taking a break, that things in life are in flux and I’m not looking to meet or engage on any level beyond incidental stuff.

Hiding verifications is usually about maintaining privacy and not giving the rubber neck members anything to gossip about.

Some people use verifications as a reason to not meet someone and I don’t enjoy that aspect. It’s more about having a reason to actually show them than not for me.

Belfast

"I’ve had phases of hiding or showing for various reasons.

Hiding profiles is usually about taking a break, that things in life are in flux and I’m not looking to meet or engage on any level beyond incidental stuff.

Hiding verifications is usually about maintaining privacy and not giving the rubber neck members anything to gossip about.

Some people use verifications as a reason to not meet someone and I don’t enjoy that aspect. It’s more about having a reason to actually show them than not for me. "

It's when others start working their way through your verifications and meeting and befriending them to keep an eye on the competition and then subsequently start contacting and meeting all the other men those women have also verified.

Makes you wonder what's lacking in their own lives that they have to play others off against each other and create a giant soap opera?

Paradise, Herts

Some people use verifications as a reason to not meet someone and I don’t enjoy that aspect. It’s more about having a reason to actually show them than not for me.

It's when others start working their way through your verifications and meeting and befriending them to keep an eye on the competition and then subsequently start contacting and meeting all the other men those women have also verified.

Makes you wonder what's lacking in their own lives that they have to play others off against each other and create a giant soap opera?"

Bloody hell that sounds like hard work! If I see a veri from another forum lady on someone’s profile I’m more likely to avoid them than try and meet them.

Belfast

Makes you wonder what's lacking in their own lives that they have to play others off against each other and create a giant soap opera?

Bloody hell that sounds like hard work! If I see a veri from another forum lady on someone’s profile I’m more likely to avoid them than try and meet them. "

The mad part is that is just the tip of the crazy iceberg involving private files, screenshots of every private conversation including pics and drip feeding info to chatgroups through this parties all while acting innocent and often playing the victim while always being the aggressor.

You just couldn't make this shit up.

Belfast

Bloody hell that sounds like hard work! If I see a veri from another forum lady on someone’s profile I’m more likely to avoid them than try and meet them.

The mad part is that is just the tip of the crazy iceberg involving private files, screenshots of every private conversation including pics and drip feeding info to chatgroups through this parties all while acting innocent and often playing the victim while always being the aggressor.

You just couldn't make this shit up. "

*Third parties

Paradise, Herts

Yeah I’ve heard that before and good friends told me this goes on. I won’t joint group chats for this reason. Been invited to a few but it’s always been a no. Not interested in all that crap at all.

Leeds

Been there and experienced it. Was sent conversations that some had and believe me, these people come over all sweetness and light but behind the scenes are just vile.

Manchester (he/him)

Been there and experienced it. Was sent conversations that some had and believe me, these people come over all sweetness and light but behind the scenes are just vile. "

Indeed

By *RANDMRSJAECouple  over a year ago

chester

I’m pretty certain my friends list is private.

I don’t show the veris, I don’t want people to know that I smell and am rubbish in bed

Belfast

Been there and experienced it. Was sent conversations that some had and believe me, these people come over all sweetness and light but behind the scenes are just vile. "

There is obviously an audience for all that because in my experience there are some very well verified and respected profiles who enable their crap by saying publicly how amazing they are

I refuse to believe that these intelligent people can't see that their info is also being shared.

I have been given unsolicited personal details including full names, social media info and even workplace details of some of those claiming to be friends with these people and I've no doubt they have been given mine.

Paradise, Herts

Been there and experienced it. Was sent conversations that some had and believe me, these people come over all sweetness and light but behind the scenes are just vile.

There is obviously an audience for all that because in my experience there are some very well verified and respected profiles who enable their crap by saying publicly how amazing they are

I refuse to believe that these intelligent people can't see that their info is also being shared.

I have been given unsolicited personal details including full names, social media info and even workplace details of some of those claiming to be friends with these people and I've no doubt they have been given mine. "

This is why I tell nobody nowt!

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

I don't hide anything and show everything! x

Leeds

I have been given unsolicited personal details including full names, social media info and even workplace details of some of those claiming to be friends with these people and I've no doubt they have been given mine.

This is why I tell nobody nowt! "

It's not what you say...but what others do.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I think you can only see other peoples friends list if using FAB via a laptop/PC.

Paradise, Herts

It's not what you say...but what others do."

Oh yeah I know I’ve heard loads about me over the years. I’m married, I’m widowed, I’m married to a woman, I’m cheating, I’m single . I’ve met loads of people I haven’t even chatted to . I just find it all quite funny.

Leeds

Oh yeah I know I’ve heard loads about me over the years. I’m married, I’m widowed, I’m married to a woman, I’m cheating, I’m single . I’ve met loads of people I haven’t even chatted to . I just find it all quite funny. "

It's quite sad that these people feel the need to share this information. I feel sorry for them.

By *hatMinxOverThereWoman  over a year ago

42 Wallaby Way

Bloodyhell I had no idea this crap goes on!

Paradise, Herts

Oh yeah I know I’ve heard loads about me over the years. I’m married, I’m widowed, I’m married to a woman, I’m cheating, I’m single . I’ve met loads of people I haven’t even chatted to . I just find it all quite funny.

It's quite sad that these people feel the need to share this information. I feel sorry for them."

I’ve just always had the attitude those that know me matter and those that don’t know me don’t matter. I know people say it’s not just the internet it’s real life but to me it’s just the internet, unless people from here are involved in my real life or are proper friends I’m really not that arsed x

By *oobyHotwifeWoman  over a year ago

Thurrock

I didn't know you could share your friends list the other day until I logged in via my laptop rather than my phone

Personally I'd hide it for the same reason I don't show veris, you get oddballs that will contact your veris asking them to put in a good word for them or contacting them saying I'd suggested they contact them as I think they are a good match

Also veris often read like trip advisor reviews & quite frankly I don't want to hear how he made you squirt or how juicy her pussy was, all I care about is you turned up as arranged and the summary shows me that

Above said if I'm interested in meeting someone and they want to see my veris I'll show them but normally they'll be hidden

Leeds

It's quite sad that these people feel the need to share this information. I feel sorry for them.

I’ve just always had the attitude those that know me matter and those that don’t know me don’t matter. I know people say it’s not just the internet it’s real life but to me it’s just the internet, unless people from here are involved in my real life or are proper friends I’m really not that arsed x"

I am too but when someone you meet starts telling you about other people they've met, like names and such, I find it quite intrusive....no wonder I am so guarded on here and trust no-one

Paradise, Herts

I’ve just always had the attitude those that know me matter and those that don’t know me don’t matter. I know people say it’s not just the internet it’s real life but to me it’s just the internet, unless people from here are involved in my real life or are proper friends I’m really not that arsed x

I am too but when someone you meet starts telling you about other people they've met, like names and such, I find it quite intrusive....no wonder I am so guarded on here and trust no-one "

Oh god yeah. Definitely guarded! Doesn’t take much to put me off someone . They’ve only got to say one sentence and that can be it. Hence I don’t meet many!

Belfast

I know the nature of the site means there will be some level of networking required but in the years that I've been here I have been stunned by the level of networking without consent.

I have seen people being recommended to others without their knowledge and names and details being passed around and if and when that person objects to being name dropped they are vilified among certain groups.

Leeds

I am too but when someone you meet starts telling you about other people they've met, like names and such, I find it quite intrusive....no wonder I am so guarded on here and trust no-one

Oh god yeah. Definitely guarded! Doesn’t take much to put me off someone . They’ve only got to say one sentence and that can be it. Hence I don’t meet many! "

Think I'll venture to clubs and stay anonymous from now on

Paradise, Herts

Oh god yeah. Definitely guarded! Doesn’t take much to put me off someone . They’ve only got to say one sentence and that can be it. Hence I don’t meet many!

Think I'll venture to clubs and stay anonymous from now on "

Haha good luck! I went to one. Was hilarious

Leeds

"I know the nature of the site means there will be some level of networking required but in the years that I've been here I have been stunned by the level of networking without consent.

I have seen people being recommended to others without their knowledge and names and details being passed around and if and when that person objects to being name dropped they are vilified among certain groups.

"

I've had one where they asked if I wanted some females telephone numbers incase I fancied playing that way as they were a sure thing!

Leeds

Haha good luck! I went to one. Was hilarious "

Or just stick to the toys, the only drama they cause is when they run out of charge at the crucial moment lol.

Paradise, Herts

Haha good luck! I went to one. Was hilarious

Or just stick to the toys, the only drama they cause is when they run out of charge at the crucial moment lol."

By *om and JennieCouple  over a year ago

Chams or Socials

I don’t like the idea of seeing someone’s friend list & we only show social veris. There are people on here who have messaged others that we have met asking them to confirm our real identity & that is just wrong. If you want to know who we are then message us directly. Oh but can’t - we blocked you!!!

J x

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

"I don't have play veris and only show those from people I've actually spoken to since meeting.

I don't display my friends list because it's nobody's business but mine and it's a very short list anyway.

Last time I hid my profile was when I wasn't here for over a year.

I do feel though that while there are valid reasons for hiding a profile there should be restricted access to other parts of the site such as the forums when hidden.

There have been many many incendiary threads and forum arguments fed by hidden profiles over the years but even perfectly innocent comments can easily be taken out of context if others aren't able to view the profile making them.

"

You totally shouldn't be able to message someone whilst hidden. That's annoying.

By *ellinever70Woman  over a year ago

Ayrshire

I don't see any benefit to adding as a friend (having access to friends only pics doesn't interest me)

I'm not verified yet since rejoining, but I used to show some,

People are gonna make judgements on any visible aspect of a profile and I'm okay with that

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

These threads always go a certain way don't they?

Anyway, for the most part I stick to social veris. I display them because I like them. Others, well. I'd rather not. Experience. Plus not everyone needs to know what I'm like sexually and my fetish for lemon curd.

I think people have different experiences and comfort levels on here.

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"Bloodyhell I had no idea this crap goes on!"

Me neither! x

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Because despite what people say, honesty is still a rare commodity and some people relish snooping and drama.

Hiding friends lists and veris avoids people using them against you.

It can also help maintain some peoples appeal because their public image is protected

I don't show my verifications. It's no one's business but mine who I meet and they're there to prove Im genuine, I dont need reviews!

I was on here before and had men messaging me saying that they knew people I'd met with as a conversation starter or because they thought it would get them a meet with me. Just find it a bit creepy when people do that.

That was some catch up.

I’m surprised at ablot of what was said in here. I didn’t actually expect so of it, but it does explain what I asked.

It definitely won’t change how I do things though.

"I know the nature of the site means there will be some level of networking required but in the years that I've been here I have been stunned by the level of networking without consent.

"

And yet they claim the clique groups don't exist....

By *orraine999Woman  over a year ago

Somewhere

I’ll show social veris occasionally but the others are between myself and the person I’ve met…

» Add a new message to this topic