FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > How to deal with guilt?

How to deal with guilt?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I recently met with a woman who made it clear she was married and asked me if I would be ok with it. When I was asked about it I thought I’d be ok but after meeting I found myself feeling really guilty. Is that normal? Has anyone else been in the same situation? And if so how did you deal with it?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

Do you know her husband?

Chalk it up to experience and don’t meet married or attached people again.

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

No because I don't net attached people. I suggest you make the same rule for yourself but move on from this occasion.

By *romagefraisWoman  over a year ago

Sunderland

Yeah, you just eventually learn to get over it. If it hadn't been you it would be someone else.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Yeah, you just eventually learn to get over it. If it hadn't been you it would be someone else. "

That I would definitely say is true. Not just in this situation either.

By *ou only live onceMan  over a year ago

London

I'm not sure you have anything to feel guilty about in that scenario, OP. It was her choice; her husband. But if it was not for you, at least you know not to meet married/attached people in future.

By *ighty_tightyMan  over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk

Unfortunately it's your guilt, there's no way that I or and else can tell you how to get over it.

I can tell you it will be easier over time though.

Chalk it up to experience, don't do it again and learn from it.

Look at it as a learning experience. You have discovered that you are not comfortable doing something after trying it. Personally, I think the guilt is misplaced as it wasn't you who cheated on anyone.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Look at it as a learning experience. You have discovered that you are not comfortable doing something after trying it. Personally, I think the guilt is misplaced as it wasn't you who cheated on anyone. "

By *issmorganWoman  over a year ago

Calderdale innit

No ,as I'd wouldn't have met someone who told me they were married,unless their wife knew.

By *alcon43Woman  over a year ago

Paisley

Is this lifestyle really for you? Not everyone can deal with the ‘no strings’ meet ups.

Hopefully you’ll find a way to reconcile how you feel and move on.

By *ollydoesWoman  over a year ago

Shangri-La

"Is this lifestyle really for you? Not everyone can deal with the ‘no strings’ meet ups.

Hopefully you’ll find a way to reconcile how you feel and move on. "

Why do you think the lifestyle wouldnt suit him, or he cant cope with no strings meets just because he felt guilty about meeting a married women whos here without her hubby knowing?

I originally felt I’d be ok with it but found that I felt guilty about her husband. I now know that I wouldn’t meet someone who is married again unless he was aware and consented it. I guess it’s just a learning experience for myself this time round. At the same time at least I know how how I feel morally about this kind of scenario

By *ighty_tightyMan  over a year ago

Norfolk/Suffolk

"Is this lifestyle really for you? Not everyone can deal with the ‘no strings’ meet ups.

Why do you think the lifestyle wouldnt suit him, or he cant cope with no strings meets just because he felt guilty about meeting a married women whos here without her hubby knowing? "

Why can't she ask that question? It's perfectly relevant.

Paradise, Herts

Maybe put it on your profile so all the married women who may not have seen this thread will know not to contact you and to not reply if you contact them

Shangri-La

Why do you think the lifestyle wouldnt suit him, or he cant cope with no strings meets just because he felt guilty about meeting a married women whos here without her hubby knowing?

Why can't she ask that question? It's perfectly relevant.

"

Where did I they couldn't or wasnt relevant? Just asking why she felt he maybe not suited to the lifestyle or no stings meets as he felt guilty meeting a married woman?

No I don’t know him

"Look at it as a learning experience. You have discovered that you are not comfortable doing something after trying it. Personally, I think the guilt is misplaced as it wasn't you who cheated on anyone. "

I have no problem with no strings but this has been difficult for me. I thought I’d be ok with it but I do feel guilty for her husband

Great idea, thank you x

Perhaps I have something broken in me but never had the guilt thing.

I've been married and has affairs/flings with married and single women.

I've been single and did the same.

Been in relationships and...you get the picture.

Am I immoral or just a shit? I don't know because as I said...never had the guilt thing.

More than likely something is missing in her marriage that she's looking for on here and you've helped fill the void for her.

It's easy for people to judge where married / taken people playing away are concerned but it's never as simple as it seems. Could be a loveless or sexless relationship where the two are staying together for the sake of their kids etc.

We forget that we're animals at the end of the day. All with urges and desires that we can't simply suppress forever. Sometimes playing away is the only answer to satisfy sexual urges. I've been in a dead bedroom relationship before where nothing would help and it was in my eyes better to play away than try having sex with someone who has zero interest and would be annoyed at the suggestion.

Paradise, Herts

"More than likely something is missing in her marriage that she's looking for on here and you've helped fill the void for her.

It's easy for people to judge where married / taken people playing away are concerned but it's never as simple as it seems. Could be a loveless or sexless relationship where the two are staying together for the sake of their kids etc.

We forget that we're animals at the end of the day. All with urges and desires that we can't simply suppress forever. Sometimes playing away is the only answer to satisfy sexual urges. I've been in a dead bedroom relationship before where nothing would help and it was in my eyes better to play away than try having sex with someone who has zero interest and would be annoyed at the suggestion."

Everyone’s different though. He’s obviously not comfortable with it. I meet married men and I’ve never felt guilty. I prefer it. Less hassle and unlikely to be wanting anything else. But each to their own.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

Assuage your guilt by telling the husband, he might thank you for it. That would make you feel better.

First few times I played away I felt guilty as sin. It passed after I realised that I'm simply someone who needs sexual intimacy and I can't live the rest of my days without it. I beat myself up a lot initially, until I realised that love and sex can come from different places.

Paradise, Herts

"Assuage your guilt by telling the husband, he might thank you for it. That would make you feel better."

No op. Please don’t do this.

By *inky-MinxWoman  over a year ago

Grantham

In my opinion one can only feel guilty if one has done something to feel guilty about.

Feeling guilty because of something someone else did 'wrong' is a waste of one's brainpower.

I agree. Bad idea. Might lift a small weight off your shoulders but will cause a lot more pain and much more guilt for you.

By *weetiepie99Woman  over a year ago

cardiff

I have no time for anyone who meets a married person without the wife/husbands consent. There are plenty of other unattatched people out there...it can cause absolute devastation...and i find it incredibly selfish

I just feel guilty because even though I’ve not technically done anything wrong I have had sex with he’s wife without he’s consent

You can’t be someone else’s conscience.

Carry guilt you deserve nothing more.

Shangri-La

"More than likely something is missing in her marriage that she's looking for on here and you've helped fill the void for her.

We forget that we're animals at the end of the day. All with urges and desires that we can't simply suppress forever. Sometimes playing away is the only answer to satisfy sexual urges. I've been in a dead bedroom relationship before where nothing would help and it was in my eyes better to play away than try having sex with someone who has zero interest and would be annoyed at the suggestion.

Everyone’s different though. He’s obviously not comfortable with it. I meet married men and I’ve never felt guilty. I prefer it. Less hassle and unlikely to be wanting anything else. But each to their own. "

I hear you there. Met alot of married men. Not something I look for per se, but as said, less hassle and not wanting anything more or needy. I choose not to judge myself by the actions of someone else.

Shangri-La

"Perhaps I have something broken in me but never had the guilt thing.

Am I immoral or just a shit? I don't know because as I said...never had the guilt thing. "

when you say you never had the guilt thing, do you mean relationship wise youve never felt guilty for whatnot..Or you dont feel guilt more in general?

"I recently met with a woman who made it clear she was married and asked me if I would be ok with it. When I was asked about it I thought I’d be ok but after meeting I found myself feeling really guilty. Is that normal? Has anyone else been in the same situation? And if so how did you deal with it? "

Her husband might know but they roleplay cheating for kicks. Don't beat yourself up about it.

"In my opinion one can only feel guilty if one has done something to feel guilty about.

Feeling guilty because of something someone else did 'wrong' is a waste of one's brainpower."

By *ucka39Man  over a year ago

Newcastle

I dealt with with it head on because like most know what it feels like to be cheated on so cut ties did I feel guilty after yes left me in a awkward position because I've had it done to myself...

Exactly that mate

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

You're not the one cheating. If it wasn't you it would be someone else.

I'd suggest meeting single people from now on though.

"You're not the one cheating. If it wasn't you it would be someone else.

I'd suggest meeting single people from now on though.

"

I’d still meet someone if they were in a relationship but not if it was a case of the hubby/bf not knowing and not consenting

I didn’t and don’t have guilt.

When I do have guilt about something I talk about it with someone which makes me feel better. If it’s something that makes me feel better but the other person bad I keep this to myself and deal with my own guilt, for its done by myself and mine to carry.

Am I immoral or just a shit? I don't know because as I said...never had the guilt thing.

when you say you never had the guilt thing, do you mean relationship wise youve never felt guilty for whatnot..Or you dont feel guilt more in general?

"

Relationship wise, never felt guilt for seeing someone else when I'm with someone or for the other guys those someone's were with.

Does that make sense or am I rambling?

I would normally talk to my best pal but even though I know she wouldn’t judge me I feel I don’t want to talk to her about it

Shangri-La

Relationship wise, never felt guilt for seeing someone else when I'm with someone or for the other guys those someone's were with.

Does that make sense or am I rambling? "

It makes sense. What if it was the other way round though?

He may be cheating, too. You have no idea. It’s a huge learning curve, isn’t it. I’ve done things I said I’d never do. You may feel differently again, in a years time. It’s alright. X

Why do you think the lifestyle wouldnt suit him, or he cant cope with no strings meets just because he felt guilty about meeting a married women whos here without her hubby knowing? "

It's quite funny that you jumped to the conclusion that it was without consent! That wasnt mentioned in the op. It's only been mentioned since

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

Well, if you feel guilty it’s because you know you’ve done something you believe is wrong. It’s like if put your hand on the hot plate, it’s meant to hurt ! Do it too often , you lose all feeling in it ! So don't do it again!

By *eliWoman  over a year ago

I think that feeling something after meeting someone is normal. Guilt, possibly less so.

OP, sex if it makes you feel bad after isn't worth it. Don't beat yourself up about it, you tried it and it's not for you. You're not odd for feeling guilty.

Sticking to single, single women will probably be for the best.

Hopefully posting this thread has helped you work through those feelings.

Shangri-La

It's quite funny that you jumped to the conclusion that it was without consent! That wasnt mentioned in the op. It's only been mentioned since "

Then why would he feel guilty if he knew they were in a swing type/open relationship?

Does that make sense or am I rambling?

It makes sense. What if it was the other way round though? "

That's the million dollar question isn't it?

In a swinger scenario I've been with a partner as she's been with another guy. And the idea of a partner being with someone when I'm not there does turn me on.

Not sure if that makes me sound more of a shit because I'm not giving them that opportunity though.

I think guilt and jealousy are part of it. It’s difficult but that’s the rub…

I dont feel any emotions as soon as i feel one emerge i stuff it deep down ignore and overide as for guilt if i dont know them i wouldnt care if i did i might for about 1 second

» Add a new message to this topic