FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > An end to a Spat

An end to a Spat

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

We lost Marks mum 9 years ago this xmas day,and Mark and his brother have never spoke since through various things,But last night Marks brother rang him ,and weve been invited to a xmas lunch on boxing day,,Just hope this is a start to them building up their relationship with each other

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Hope it goes well as they do say blood is thicker than water

By *illow PimpMan  over a year ago

Midlothian

That would serve well in his mothers memory bridges being built.

Good luck

Awwwwww I am sure it will be fine, and good luck, enjoy all of you - could be one of the best christmases going xxxx

thank you ,i really hope so

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

that is great, have a lovely family lunch.

any chance you can meet up for a quick beer in advance of Boxing Day. Christmas is a great time but can also be fraught through tiredness at times, just a thought.

have a good one

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

Good news and good luck. Just don't put too many expectations on either of them.

My father and his brother have a relationship where over the years they have fallen out more times than I can remember. At one point they didn't speak for almost a decade and they can still rub each other up the wrong way. When they do get together it works if they just act as though nothing has happened and just pick up from a point when they were friendly with each other.

i wish u all luck, it takes a lot to forgive, but the past is the past.. hope this is a new begining..

i wander how upset their mum is if she knew what has happened after her death

Ah that's lovely hope it all goes well. My brother and I didn't speak for nearly ten years after my dad passed. Life's too short x

Wishing you the best of luck. I know it's easier said than done, but try to put past grievances behind you

"that is great, have a lovely family lunch.

any chance you can meet up for a quick beer in advance of Boxing Day. Christmas is a great time but can also be fraught through tiredness at times, just a thought.

have a good one "

Was just going to suggest this. If they don't get on then you don't have to meet up at Christmas and have it ruined for everyone, and if they do get on then Christmas will be even better for everyone!

well our daughter abbey was born just after mum died and marks brother hasnt seen her,so its gonna be wierd all round, but if it works great if it dosnt,it wont be upsetting as marks just gonna walk away without any confrontation and thanks everyone for the nice thoughts

» Add a new message to this topic