FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Nissan Quashqai +2

Nissan Quashqai +2

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Anyone here got one? What's it like on fuel economy & is it worth the money? 'Er indoors keeps on about getting a second-hand one - excuse is she likes a higher driving position.

(Comment of buy a lorry then didn't go down too well!!)

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I had a Qashqai when they first came out, but not a +2

Was OK on fuel but not great.

The driving position is good and the spec on the one I had was great.

The one thing I didn't like was the long gearchanges - they took some getting used to.

By *ormerWelshcouple2020Man  over a year ago

Stourbridge

Looked at one and have friends who have diesel editions. Quite high spec in them, well built and reliable.

We both have cars with higher driving position and must say we prefer it to the lying down cars now!

Like nearly all Japanese cars it will be very reliable if the service history is kept up.

The only problem will be: crap interior plastic (all Japanese cars suffer with this unless you go high end; Lexus, Nissan GTR etc), the fuel economy won't be great, the engines rev higher than euopean cars and they tend to have shorter gear ratios. Insurance is always higher with Japanese cars compared to a European equivalent due to parts costs.

Interesting posts, thanks folks. Insurance isn't much of a problem for us,'mature' drivers with no claims. Fuel economy - figures I've read in the motoring press don't read too well either, if they're to be believed. If we do go for this I reckon a diesel will be better mpg-wise - just. Decisions,decisions. Need to change cars really as our 13yr old Focus is starting to cost now, just had front spring renewed & new wheelbearing - £195.00. That on top of £300 earlier this year for other work.

Trouble with a bigger car is that it's got a bigger stowage space hence more room for shopping - sod it , I think I'll buy her a Mini!!

Buy her a scooter!...lol

"Buy her a scooter!...lol"

Good thinking that man!! Get her one of those crowd scarers aka mobility scooter with a shopping basket.....yeah good idea, cut down on the fuel bill and shopping bill.......plus I can nick it for a ride when I've had a drink or two!!!

By *upitersmileCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

If it drives anything like the nirvana you'll love it! I love my focus but always look forward to the weekend so I can drive his and I also prefer the higher position x

"If it drives anything like the nirvana you'll love it! I love my focus but always look forward to the weekend so I can drive his and I also prefer the higher position x"

Would that be the Navara ?

Or have Nissan released a rock version ?

In my personal opinion as someone who works in the motor trade I'd avoid it as a long term investment. It won't last anywhere as near as your focus, poor build quality, poor girl economy and unless you need the 7 seats its easier and cheaper just to buy a normal qashqai. As for japanese cars, they're built in sunderland

Poor fuel economy not girl economy, bloody phone

By *anxfrankMan  over a year ago

isle of man

I have one ,not the plus 2, lovely to drive grea.Motor I would recommend defo

well I make the seats for the qashqai the normal 5 seater is comfy but the seven seater it like siting on a meatal sheet the second and third row ar so thin I ya want a seven seater buy zafira

I own one, I bought it as a run around for the animals, as didn't want them to go in my other car.

Anyway, owned from new, top sec, absolute rubbish on:

Plastic interior

Poor Fuel economy

Long gear/get used to the gear stick etc

This is one the best, most comfortable 4x4 cars & drive I have ever owned and I have owned/own "top" range ones.

The fuel economy is superb and I often get 43mpg around town.

The seats in the back are proper seats, compared to some of the Mickey Mouse ones you get.

The gears move easily, efficiently.

It is very nippy and quick off the mark.

I have never ever had any problems with it!

I love it, and I would highly recommend you get one!

In fact (and I didn't set out to say this when I post posted), firstly you can PM me if you want more information and secondly I have been thinking of selling mine lol (only because I don't do as much animal transporting as I used to lol)

"well I make the seats for the qashqai the normal 5 seater is comfy but the seven seater it like siting on a meatal sheet the second and third row ar so thin I ya want a seven seater buy zafira "

I entirely disagree!

The 2nd row of seats is extremely comfortable!

More comfortable than most other cars I have ever been in.

Plus the 3rd row, are made for younger people in mind, and again, fold up & down with ease and none of this palaver with taking covers off, pulling seats out, unfolding...refolding...etc etc

"I own one, I bought it as a run around for the animals, as didn't want them to go in my other car.

Anyway, owned from new, top sec, absolute rubbish on:

Plastic interior

Poor Fuel economy

Long gear/get used to the gear stick etc

This is one the best, most comfortable 4x4 cars & drive I have ever owned and I have owned/own "top" range ones.

The fuel economy is superb and I often get 43mpg around town.

The seats in the back are proper seats, compared to some of the Mickey Mouse ones you get.

The gears move easily, efficiently.

It is very nippy and quick off the mark.

I have never ever had any problems with it!

I love it, and I would highly recommend you get one!

In fact (and I didn't set out to say this when I post posted), firstly you can PM me if you want more information and secondly I have been thinking of selling mine lol (only because I don't do as much animal transporting as I used to lol)

"

I was only going by what is the norm for Japanese cars (interior plastics, fuel economy etc), I've never actually driven one or sat in one...lol

That'll teach me to go for stereotypes!

"well I make the seats for the qashqai the normal 5 seater is comfy but the seven seater it like siting on a meatal sheet the second and third row ar so thin I ya want a seven seater buy zafira

I entirely disagree!

The 2nd row of seats is extremely comfortable!

More comfortable than most other cars I have ever been in.

Plus the 3rd row, are made for younger people in mind, and again, fold up & down with ease and none of this palaver with taking covers off, pulling seats out, unfolding...refolding...etc etc "

believe me if you seen how they are made you would change your mind and I've git kids and I wouldn't want them sitting on them seat only saying there is better seven seater cars out there that is more comfy

» Add a new message to this topic