FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Poppy Appeal

Poppy Appeal

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I just got the news a short while ago that some scumbag stole a poppy appeal box off a local shop counter. There's a picture of him doing it. What a slime!

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

beyond belief aint it !! u despair wen u read such stuff

Even thieves tend to have standards/codes. Stealing from a charity that helps those that fought for us is goddamn low. Bad enough that the government steals enough from them as it is!

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

off on a tangent here so appologies in advance but i was annoyed to hear that that sas fella danny has been sentenced to 18 months in prison for his possession of a war memorabila handed to him by whilst serving on active duty ... wot eva next ???

I never read about that, that's ridiculous. I dare not ask what comes next. They want us to vote our police commissioners to give us the impression we'll have a say, just like with politics. It's just one big hypocritical clusterfuck!

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

Our charity box was stolen whilst I was away at some stage I had tied it with string to a stand. I only noticed it had gone one day when someone said put the change in the box I walked over and found the string dangling.. Bastards...

Bastards, i worked in a shop with three charity buckets on the counter at any time. We also had assorted baseball bats behind the counter just to crack fingers if need be. But who would have gone to prison then? They let the criminals walk right over us!

By *acreadCouple  over a year ago

central scotland

"off on a tangent here so appologies in advance but i was annoyed to hear that that sas fella danny has been sentenced to 18 months in prison for his possession of a war memorabila handed to him by whilst serving on active duty ... wot eva next ???"

Stealing any charity box is as low as any thief can go Poppy appeal BLESMA and Help For Heroes are ones that are special to me.

On the above his wife was inter_iewed on the radio today and he was presented with the pistol for outstanding by the Iraqis it was put in a box and locked in his barracks I think it was for a cpl yrs as he intnded to get it decomisioned and put mounted in the officers mess but in going away on assignments and then he had a serious head injury and forgot about it the container with the pistol was eventualy in an MOD house that he was in when the police came on a different matter and he was arrested for having no fire arms cert which he should have got or had the pistol decomed I think he was harshly dealt with all things considered.

Right you are, that is terrible. They know the truth and still punish him when there are real criminals who sometimes serve less time for worse

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

"off on a tangent here so appologies in advance but i was annoyed to hear that that sas fella danny has been sentenced to 18 months in prison for his possession of a war memorabila handed to him by whilst serving on active duty ... wot eva next ???

Stealing any charity box is as low as any thief can go Poppy appeal BLESMA and Help For Heroes are ones that are special to me.

On the above his wife was inter_iewed on the radio today and he was presented with the pistol for outstanding by the Iraqis it was put in a box and locked in his barracks I think it was for a cpl yrs as he intnded to get it decomisioned and put mounted in the officers mess but in going away on assignments and then he had a serious head injury and forgot about it the container with the pistol was eventualy in an MOD house that he was in when the police came on a different matter and he was arrested for having no fire arms cert which he should have got or had the pistol decomed I think he was harshly dealt with all things considered."

saw the article on C4 last night, does seem a bit harsh tbh given the mitigation etc..

we had guys who came back from the Falklands with worse..

confiscated and a slapped wrist, end of...

think there's more to the story than has come out yet..

The system in this country stinks. If you can't trust a veteran with a gun, why give him one?

By *nnyMan  over a year ago

Glasgow

"off on a tangent here so appologies in advance but i was annoyed to hear that that sas fella danny has been sentenced to 18 months in prison for his possession of a war memorabila handed to him by whilst serving on active duty ... wot eva next ???"

The BBC report of this is slightly different. BBC suggests the pistol was found in his kit but that it hadn't been packed by him.

That said, he is (or was) a sergeant with 17 years in and ought to have known what to do as soon as he discovered it.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

there was CCTV shown this morning and it was a lady who stole the poppy collection tin

Glasgow

A woman perhaps but no lady.

The one I saw was a skanky lookin scally lad, from Waterloo in Liverpool

central scotland

"off on a tangent here so appologies in advance but i was annoyed to hear that that sas fella danny has been sentenced to 18 months in prison for his possession of a war memorabila handed to him by whilst serving on active duty ... wot eva next ???

The BBC report of this is slightly different. BBC suggests the pistol was found in his kit but that it hadn't been packed by him.

That said, he is (or was) a sergeant with 17 years in and ought to have known what to do as soon as he discovered it."

There were other circumstances and he did have 17 years service some of it in the SAS and on some dangerous ops surely he should have been more leniently dealt with if it was up to me I would have had the pistol confiscated and said no more.

Ok hurry up now tell me how that is wrong and how he broke the law and I will tell you SO!!

Glasgow

Google "Poppy box stolen in 'despicable act'" for a pic.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Its a sad but common occurrence around the country at this time of year.

Footballers are paid more in a week than those who serve our country are paid in a year.

Who is more deserving?

Lest We Forget

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Google "Poppy box stolen in 'despicable act'" for a pic."

google 'woman steals poppy box 'and she was the one on This Morning

more than 1 horror

Glasgow

" ..........There were other circumstances and he did have 17 years service some of it in the SAS and on some dangerous ops surely he should have been more leniently dealt with if it was up to me I would have had the pistol confiscated and said no more.

Ok hurry up now tell me how that is wrong and how he broke the law and I will tell you SO!!"

If you can't see what's wrong with there being an unregistered firearm out there, I doubt I'll manage to explain it to you.

Should he have been dealt with more leniently? I dunno. I didn't sit through the court martial.

central scotland

" ..........There were other circumstances and he did have 17 years service some of it in the SAS and on some dangerous ops surely he should have been more leniently dealt with if it was up to me I would have had the pistol confiscated and said no more.

Ok hurry up now tell me how that is wrong and how he broke the law and I will tell you SO!!

If you can't see what's wrong with there being an unregistered firearm out there, I doubt I'll manage to explain it to you.

Should he have been dealt with more leniently? I dunno. I didn't sit through the court martial."

Might have known he would get a lot of sympathy off you.

Get the full story then decide forgot by your past posts if he was an illegal immigrant with a gun your _iews would have been different as there would have been some way his human rights were violated.

Finished here now bye.

Glasgow

Should he have been dealt with more leniently? I dunno. I didn't sit through the court martial.

Might have known he would get a lot of sympathy off you.

Get the full story then decide forgot by your past posts if he was an illegal immigrant with a gun your _iews would have been different as there would have been some way his human rights were violated.

Finished here now bye."

Nope, anyone with an unregistered firearm should face the courts. What happens then is up to the court and without sitting through the entire trial I know better than to comment on the verdict or sentence.

I also believe anyone caught on the street with a knife should face the same process

» Add a new message to this topic