FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > What's your saddest day

What's your saddest day

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Well my saddest day was when my 14 year old husky passed away, and I expect it sounds strange to non animal lovers, and I still say good morning and good night 3 months down the line

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

When my nan died and when my first wife left me

The night my late partner died of a canal boat related accident. It happened just over 4 years ago, and I still miss him.

Onwards and upwards they say.

when my dad died almost 4 years ago, he collapsed on his way to work and i'd been talking to him on the phone not long before it happened, it took all day for the news to get from southampton to caerphilly.

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

The day I woke up 22 years ago with three children, to find one dead in his bed. Still feel the pain.

Second saddest day - 3 November, on the way to the hospital to see my best friend, only for his wife to phone me en route to say we were too late, he'd passed away.

His funeral is going to be a trial.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

walking up to my mum's door and knowing in my heart what I was going to find when inside.

she had taken her life.

"The day I woke up 22 years ago with three children, to find one dead in his bed. Still feel the pain.

Second saddest day - 3 November, on the way to the hospital to see my best friend, only for his wife to phone me en route to say we were too late, he'd passed away.

His funeral is going to be a trial. "

That's very very sad , must be so awful. I really don't know how i would cope.

when my dad died, on my mums birthday!!!!!

A phone call telling me my mum had died.

Finding my dad dead.

The day i found out my fiance was cheating.

"The day I woke up 22 years ago with three children, to find one dead in his bed. Still feel the pain.

His funeral is going to be a trial. "

My heart goes out to you. I cannot begin to imagine saddness like that x

Sitting in kings college hospital 22 April 2002 and hearing the words your son has cancer.... Felt like my whole world had dropped away from me....

The day I held my dads hand while he passed away

London

"walking up to my mum's door and knowing in my heart what I was going to find when inside.

she had taken her life.

"

Unimaginable. x

London

His funeral is going to be a trial.

That's very very sad , must be so awful. I really don't know how i would cope."

(Sadly)...you do.

One of the days after my Grandad died. I cried and cried. I wasn't very sad the day he died, more a mixture of shock and relief.

Sad thing is, I know it still hasn't hit me yet and if you ask me again on December 26th I'll tell you Christmas was my saddest day. Too many things will be different this year and I'm dreading it

When my dad died, he had not spoken for several days in the hospital, I travelled to Scotland to be there and when he heard my voice, he said my name

The day I moved into this house when I split from my cheating partner, when all the friends who had helped with the move left, I'd never felt so horribly alone, I just sat on the stairs and cried

2 different kinds of unhappy, but both heartbreaking.

New Year's Day 1993 taking a phone call to say my nan had died had died then having to go tell my mum.

when my minature poodle died and when my longhaired sausage dog died.

they were my constant companions and i still miss them terribly even though one died 15 years ago and the other one died over two years ago.

they were like children to me.

My mum died 8 days before my dad died. My mother was laid out at home while we were visiting my dad in the hospital waiting for him to go. Both just in their mid 60s. That was a sad time but some posts about children on here are unimaginable.Is this why were trying to enjoy ourselves. A friend of mine is going true her young daughter having Luekemia She had a another tumor removed from behind her eye last week and she is now blind in that eye I dont know how she copes

The day I lost my older brother and best friend in a motorbike accident he was only 20 , put a hole in my life that never got filled

By *hanetManMan  over a year ago

ramsgate

Being at my nans house when i was a child. With my parents and baby sister. When the police arrived to tell my nan, her son. My uncle, had died.

Just goes to show you never know what's round the corner, just taken a call from work to tell me the girl I was working with last night died 15 mins after I left her locking the front door when I left. She was 34.

R. I. P Sipiwi.

Just like someone said, when my first wife left, I can still get that awful feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Also when my old faithfull dog had to be put down!

The night my dad died, 7 years ago, I missed his pasding by 10 minutes, as we were just getting off the motorway my btother rang to tell me.

The day I held my little dog whilst the vet put him to sleep last november

July 17 this year, my mother in law passed away, whilst I held her hand, saying its time to go baby girl,.your fight us over, she looked at me, smiled closed her eyes and passed away. The family begging me to stop, but I made her a promise to tell her ehen it was time

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

23rd September 2004. The day my Mum died. The only good thing was she was MY Mum for 30 years and I was holding her hand when she died. Gutted my Daughter only knew her for 4 years and what they are both missing out on each other.

Miscarrying my first child

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

The moment a very kind police officer held my shoulder and said my first wife had been in a car accident and he needed me to go to hospital. Worst drive I ever taken. To be shown my first wife and son on a cold metal table just so someone could have a drink. No one should ever have to out live a child and the unbelievable grief everyday brings and no one their to be able to share it with.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"The moment a very kind police officer held my shoulder and said my first wife had been in a car accident and he needed me to go to hospital. Worst drive I ever taken. To be shown my first wife and son on a cold metal table just so someone could have a drink. No one should ever have to out live a child and the unbelievable grief everyday brings and no one their to be able to share it with. "

how terrible... very sad to read that

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

When I was a small child Two army Officers and a Military Police Officer came to our house to inform us that our Dad had been gravely wounded while serving overseas, my mother was distraught and I can recall my Two aunts coming around and them all crying and weeping all evening.

That kind of went on for the next Three months until my Dad succumbed to his wounds and died, then the crying and weeping started all over again.

I can't stand the sound of women crying to this day....

"The moment a very kind police officer held my shoulder and said my first wife had been in a car accident and he needed me to go to hospital. Worst drive I ever taken. To be shown my first wife and son on a cold metal table just so someone could have a drink. No one should ever have to out live a child and the unbelievable grief everyday brings and no one their to be able to share it with. "

So sorry to hear that

By *mumaWoman  over a year ago

Livingston

14 Feb 1998. The day I held my son in my arms but also lost him....

By *odareyouMan  over a year ago

not far from iceland,,,,,, tescos is nearer though :-) (near leeds)

Travelling from the hospital where my dad had died, I'd given permission to turn the life support machines off, to tell mum who was in another hospital having suffered a stroke a week or so before.... How she coped is beyond me.

Leaving my two girls after the ex and myself had separated,

Different events, different days , bring those same feelings to the, surface ...

Watching my dad pass away 16yrs ago. It broke my heart seeing him go. Even now if I see anything on tv where a dad dies. I break down in tears.

This thread has left me with a tear in my eye.

By *ob and VixenCouple  over a year ago

Doncaster

Getting a phone call from my ex wife to tell me my dad who had been staying with her had been found dead that morning, driving to Nottingham to see him in the hospital, screaming the room down for over an hour, driving home, a few weeks later clearing out his house only to find 1 small tin of soup in his kitchen no other food in the house, dad never knowing my grand daughter

When my 3 month old neice died

By *kmale421Man  over a year ago

wirral

Fortunately I haven't had very close family members die although the 3 Grandparents I knew as a child all died some years ago,

The saddest day and I guess the luckiest day for me so far was 15th April 1989, Hillsborough. The sights I saw that day are still clear, the 23 years of cover up added to the sadness and the relief I felt on 12th September 2012 was surprisingly overwhelming. I and my 2 friends were lucky that day and we all survived uninjured but left with the memories. 10 days later my 2nd daughter was born and I still consider myself lucky that I got to meet her....

Mine was 5 years today I found my little boy lifeless nothing I could do he was 7 weeks old

The day we found out my dad had terminal cancer. It had been ruled out a month before. It was 29 days of hell watching him suffer and I'm not ashamed to say when he died was a relief. Watching my beloved, intelligent, amazing dad not know who I was broke my heart. He is at peace now and I miss him more than I can ever explain. When we found out that it was cancer there was a high pitched wail in the room and it took a few minutes for me to realise it was coming from me.

my saddest day was when a long term chat buddy passed away. we had known each other for over 7 years, spoke every day in one form or other; she only lived 10 miles ish from me. she was stricken down with big C and went down hill rapidly and agreed for me to see her in hospital, but sadly she died 5 days before my planned visit, so the only time i met her was at her funeral ... very sad time

and ever since that moment i now live by the saying "live for today; cuz your a long time dead"

RIP June xx

By *upitersmileCouple  over a year ago

Manchester

The day my eldest daughter (2 at the time) witnessed her father batter me. Something no child should ever have to see

I've never had a really sad day. My g/parents passed away when I was a babe in arms (apart from my maternal g/father who died when I was 15 but he and I always talked about all sorts of things and when my mum asked if I wanted to go to the Chapel of Rest to see him one last time I replied, "I don't have to, he's with me now and I can see him whenever I want.")

I've had breakups in relationships that hurt initially but I have adopted the mantra that the one I'm meant to be with is the one that's with me.

I just don't get really sad about stuff.

Angry yes, not sad though.

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

When i was locked up in a mental institution during christmas (I was allowed home christmas day/boxing day under supervision) when i had an 8 year old son

My mum dying of cancer the day after my 23rd birthday

Billy

My hubby died 3yrs ago now my 11 yr old wants to kill herself coz she hates her life. So hard to hear x

11 January and 13 March.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

What very sad times you all have had. Losing children I think must be the worst pain ever.

My Mum passing was a very sad day 6 years ago.As an only child brought up by one parent felt like I had no one that would love me unconditionally again.

Another was her brother a dear Uncle who died on my sons 7th birthday . He collapsed In the church at a funeral of another Uncle ..I arrived to see him taken into the ambulance and had to run to the funeral courtage and explain to my aunt that her brother had died as she was burying her husband. That was a very hard sad day.

By *irtydanMan  over a year ago

Blackpool

holding my mums hand as she passed away

"Well my saddest day was when my 14 year old husky passed away, and I expect it sounds strange to non animal lovers, and I still say good morning and good night 3 months down the line "

well not had that many..but I would say not going with my wee dog a good few years ago when he had to be put to sleep, I'll always regret not being with him.

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

My sympathies for all of your losses.

My day is the day my son died 20 years ago.

The day i lost my son to leukemia

saying that the day he was diagnosed was equally as life shattering

My brother killed by a drink driver he was 18 i was 9 he died on fathers day 33 years ago

My mum passing away while i held her hand in 1998

My other brother passed valentines day nearly 4 years next feb

My best friend passing from cancer the same year - the funeral was her sons 5th birthday

My husband collapsing in the house last year and me abd my 4 sons doing cpr till ambulance arrived but he never responded - it was his sons 24th birthday

The only pain i can imagine worse than all this is to lose a child

Life is cruel so enjoy life while you can because one day it will be your last

love to you all xxxx

When Colin McRae died.

"14 Feb 1998. The day I held my son in my arms but also lost him...."

Floaty kisses to yr angel

It happened in Afghanistan in 2004.

I only share with those very close to me, but there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about it.

"It happened in Afghanistan in 2004.

I only share with those very close to me, but there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about it."

Respect mr w. From one ex service person to another, bonds made never broken, xx jules

By *umsuckMan  over a year ago

Gateshead

My Mum died 3 days after my wedding day. She'd been ill a while and I'm convinced she was only hanging on to see her youngest settle down. Anniversaries were always tinged with a bit of sadness. Even now that we are divorced my ex always rings me 3 days after our wedding anniversary

My dad just died and i am still graving here and never felt nothing like it in my life as never lost a person so close ..I know time will help but theres a big gap in my life.

By *umsuckMan  over a year ago

Gateshead

"My dad just died and i am still graving here and never felt nothing like it in my life as never lost a person so close ..I know time will help but theres a big gap in my life."

There will come a time when you'll think of him and smile rather than cry.

By *aughtyNurse999Woman  over a year ago

Fabville !!!

when dad died we nursed him at home with cancer, but having said that at the same time we had my aunt and uncle all with cancer also. lost all 3 of them within 11 months of each other in 2010

"My dad just died and i am still graving here and never felt nothing like it in my life as never lost a person so close ..I know time will help but theres a big gap in my life.

There will come a time when you'll think of him and smile rather than cry."

I hope so. xx

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Got home from school to find my little brother dead in bed.

"Well my saddest day was when my 14 year old husky passed away, and I expect it sounds strange to non animal lovers, and I still say good morning and good night 3 months down the line "

i do with mine, it`ll be 4yrs at the beginning of next month, there`s nowt wrong with doing that

"My dad just died and i am still graving here and never felt nothing like it in my life as never lost a person so close ..I know time will help but theres a big gap in my life.

There will come a time when you'll think of him and smile rather than cry.I hope so. xx "

((hugs )) the sun will shine again xx

The day and night I sat with my grandad as he died Alzheimer's is so horrific and the day I didn't tell my dad I loved him on the phone the only time I ever forgot and by 10 pm that night he was dead aged 46 of a massive heart attack those were the two saddest days

Saddest day for me, was the day I lost my son to still birth, he would be 11 now.

Losing my mum also, to a brain tumour and 16 months later losing my dad, I still remember his bristles on my cheek as I kissed him goodbye for the last time, not knowing I'd never see him again

Saddest days for me will be the death of each of my parents and the stillbirth of my baby

"walking up to my mum's door and knowing in my heart what I was going to find when inside.

she had taken her life.

"

Bless you xxxxxxxx

By *edbagioMan  over a year ago

ripon

"When my dad died, he had not spoken for several days in the hospital, I travelled to Scotland to be there and when he heard my voice, he said my name

The day I moved into this house when I split from my cheating partner, when all the friends who had helped with the move left, I'd never felt so horribly alone, I just sat on the stairs and cried

2 different kinds of unhappy, but both heartbreaking. "

know them both same for me

1988 - cuddling my 2 day old baby brother as he was dying

2002 - watching my sister having to deal with the tragic news that her newborn son had been starved of oxygen and would be severely disabled

2009 - listening to my son say "i wish i had a daddy"

April... My auntie died of cancer.. My girlfriend left me for another man.. Lost my house.. My job.. My family.. My auntie.. And my son.. All in the space of a week.. ..

"April... My auntie died of cancer.. My girlfriend left me for another man.. Lost my house.. My job.. My family.. My auntie.. And my son.. All in the space of a week.. .. "

(hugs) xx

I cannot begin to imagine your pain xxx

By *exki11enWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

So many sad stories

My saddest day was last year, the day I miscarried our much longed for baby after fighting for 3 years and 2 rounds of IVF to fall pregnant.

I laid in bed screaming for god not to take my baby.

This is an easy one for me it would be 22 nd of Feb 2010 the day I got a phone call from my dad to say my mum had been taken to hospital and died in less then 6 hours, she was 49 and died from meningitis,

It was also my brother's birthday and 3 day later had to hold my little sisters hand when she gave birth to her first daughter who my mum never got to meet

Closely followed by 11 May this yr when my dad died xx Chloe xx

By *ub bbwWoman  over a year ago

oldbury

The day I lost my daughter and then the day I gave birth to still born twins it devestated me and I would dearly love to be a mummy again one day. My heart goes out to all the other parents of angels its tough and scars your life forever but all I can do is remember the good times and remember my princess as the laughing happy little girl who made my life complete.

By *nfieldishCouple  over a year ago

Enfield

My 2 best friends , one girl, one lad...both under 35 to suicide........1 year apart.....

and a magnificent man that i was proud to call a friend to natural causes 1 year before that...all in the last 4 years

Oh..and my mum to suicide when I was 15....

I must say some of your stories have brought a lump to my throat....and no one should have to lose a child...

Love to you all

X

David..

19th November 2007 and 11th March 2008, the days we lost Dad and then Mum, both 61 yrs old.

Dad was the biggest shock even though his health wasn't the best. It wasn't until after mum died that we found out the real reason. She'd been diagnosed with incurable lymphoma of the brain, he died of worry about how he'd cope with out her. Worst part was, she kept it from the rest of us for 8 months, mainly so my brother wouldn't come back from NZ and worry. Still don't know how she managed it, she kept it from Dad for 4 months because she knew what it would do to him.

Thank you to all who have shared thier most saddest moments, it has been very moving, and had brought tears to my eyes, feel honored, much love to you all. Jules x

My best friend since I was 13 died suddenly 2 years ago just before his 50th birthday, Instead of going to his 50th birthday party I went to his funeral instead.

To be honest it's still a bit raw and I somehow feel like I've been cheated out of something

When my nan died..i adored her.

Ive lost many close family members to cancer.

My mom, dad, aunt, uncle.

and a mate to heart failure.

But my saddest lose was my beautiful sister (also cancer) .

I miss them all but my sister hit me hardest.

Not a day goes by that i dont miss her dreadfully

"April... My auntie died of cancer.. My girlfriend left me for another man.. Lost my house.. My job.. My family.. My auntie.. And my son.. All in the space of a week.. ..

(hugs) xx"

Thanks.. ((((hugs back))))

seen to many people pass!! 23 funerals in 17 years and that's not including the 4 I couldn't attend

When my Mum died I was 3 left 12 children and my Dad put us all in care and we never got to know each other, all seperated and since then 3 have passed away

"seen to many people pass!! 23 funerals in 17 years and that's not including the 4 I couldn't attend "

That sucks man.. Its always the best people that go..

"seen to many people pass!! 23 funerals in 17 years and that's not including the 4 I couldn't attend

That sucks man.. Its always the best people that go.. "

It's a cruel life but I have my memories

By *ikerbob1957Man  over a year ago

Glasgow

The day my dear old grey haired Mum passed away. I miss all the unconditional love that she gave me.

By *enuineplayers plus 1Couple  over a year ago

newport

41/2 years ago when my big sister died of cancer. Still loved and missed

Well... I've been through a world of shit and I can't say i remember what the sad days felt like. Am I lucky for not being able to feel it anymore or are you all the lucky ones for still having that in tact?

[Removed by poster at 13/11/12 20:46:29]

"Blimey there are a lot of misery gutses about!"

Well obviously your lucky for not having lost then.

"Blimey there are a lot of misery gutses about!

Well obviously your lucky for not having lost then."

very lucky

very lucky"

Am sure this post is to reflect on your loss and by posting gives you comfort from it.

"Well obviously your lucky for not having lost then."

I'd like to think she tried to be humorous, though just not successfully lol

Lets see, my great aunty dying aged 94 right in front of me at home

The four years I wasn't allowed to be with my daughter until I was just left permanently out of her life

The time my pet rabbit died but not before collapsing and having about five heart attacks

The time my dad tried to make up with me after treating me like shit all my life before he died, because he was so feeble and fragile that he had no choice but to have me look after him

Or then there's the 16 years of suicidal depression, illness and resulting damage that made a mess out of me until I have become too fucked to care anymore

But I am a cheery fellow and I love cake. Ooh and singing high on helium!

By *rokengirlWoman  over a year ago

Somewhere

18th August 2012 when I miscarried my baby at 22 weeks....my miracle baby that doctors told me would never happen.

Emotionally the hardest thing I have ever gone through and think about the little bean everyday but in many ways its brought so much hope as now I know the doctors words of "you'll never concieve" naturally don't apply and I have hope one day my little bean send me an angel all of my own

Lost my dad on the 3rd oct 1998, 8 weeks later (2nd dec ) I lost my mom ... the same day as my lads 17th birthday

i have been reading these very emotional forums ,,life is so cruel ,but its so nice to see that many people are genuine and thoughtfull .some of you have gone through very hard times ,but you did your best and noone can ask for more .keep your strenghth up and from the bottom of my heart GOD BLESS ALL OF YOU

By *ub bbwWoman  over a year ago

oldbury

"18th August 2012 when I miscarried my baby at 22 weeks....my miracle baby that doctors told me would never happen.

Emotionally the hardest thing I have ever gone through and think about the little bean everyday but in many ways its brought so much hope as now I know the doctors words of "you'll never concieve" naturally don't apply and I have hope one day my little bean send me an angel all of my own "

Big hugs

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

well i am sorry for all your losses and on reading all of them my loss of my 14 year old husky seems minor compared to what you have shared with us all.

xx

It really does try people, even when you lose a pet. Dogs too. They have a lot of loyalty and unconditional love, they become family and are there for you every day for years and it's heartbreaking

By *exki11enWoman  over a year ago

Bristol

very lucky"

Sadly though you're too gutless to have the courage of your convictions and deleted your thoughtless post before you got the backlash you deserved. Luckily someone had the common sense to quote you!

By *ll about the pleasureMan  over a year ago

north ayrshire

[Removed by poster at 13/11/12 21:54:15]

By *ornieandhotCouple  over a year ago

Peterborough

What could have been the saddest day turned into the happiest

My daughter was given a 5% chance of survival before she was born

3 hours Later she came out screaming she's been fighting the odds ever since

Was told she'd never walk or talk

She does both

Told she was profoundly deaf now although she is severely deaf with her aids she can hear

She never lets anything stop her

She's my hero

D

The moment my brother phoned me in the early hours ten years ago to tell me our dad was dead. My partner had just lost his dad too. I was just numb but I've felt sadder on days since, like Christmas, birthdays and not being there to give me away at my wedding etc. I miss him so much

Very sad day when my cousins fiance took his life leaving her and his 6 week old son behind. I was 15, I still think about him and think what a shame he wasn't around to see what an amazing young man he turned into.

"What could have been the saddest day turned into the happiest

My daughter was given a 5% chance of survival before she was born

3 hours Later she came out screaming she's been fighting the odds ever since

Was told she'd never walk or talk

She does both

Told she was profoundly deaf now although she is severely deaf with her aids she can hear

She never lets anything stop her

She's my hero

D "

Amazing story x my cousin was born premature, her parents were told she wouldn't live very long. She lived until she was 8 years old, she was severely disabled and was a fighter for years and bought so much happiness to our lives x

"It really does try people, even when you lose a pet. Dogs too. They have a lot of loyalty and unconditional love, they become family and are there for you every day for years and it's heartbreaking"

Another thing that could have been a sad day and turned out not to be. After a lifetime of health problems I was finally sent for a stomach biopsy last month. I am cancer free!

"Another thing that could have been a sad day and turned out not to be. After a lifetime of health problems I was finally sent for a stomach biopsy last month. I am cancer free!"

Woohoo! Great news x

Thanks, it would have just topped off the gastritis, 2" hiatus hernia and the barretts oesophagus lol

very lucky

Sadly though you're too gutless to have the courage of your convictions and deleted your thoughtless post before you got the backlash you deserved. Luckily someone had the common sense to quote you!"

To all of you that have lost, and know the heartache and have suffered, talking makes you stronger and able to accept, for those that do not understand keep your thoughts to yourself.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

I have many animal sad days as I work in a vet clinic. Dealing with weeping families holding animals as we gently put them to sleep.Very emotional to those that have animals for many years.

Loyal creatures.Think sometimes we all shed a tear.

By * starr -Woman  over a year ago

Burton on Trent.

my saddest day was saying goodbye to my sons (aged 2 and 4) after we had been out to a theme park (thomas land) and them going to nursery as if nothing was happening.

the day in court when the judge told me my kids were to be put up for adoption.i ran out of court crying.

when my cat, winkie, died, he was 12 and was my rock through all the stuff with my boys.he knew when i was sad and would come and lay next to me.

my hamster, stewie, who died suddenly earlier this year.

but my life seems to be doomed with sadness, but through it all, im still smiling, kinda.

i cant imagine ever losing a child, but i guess in one way i have partially felt it, as i dont know if my boys will ever want to see me again, i hope they do as i did everything i could to help and fight for them, i too was adopted as a baby.

By *opsy RogersWoman  over a year ago

London

"It happened in Afghanistan in 2004.

I only share with those very close to me, but there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about it."

Standing right next to you my lovely.

» Add a new message to this topic