FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Blocking, Ghosting,Gaslighting

Blocking, Ghosting,Gaslighting

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *JB1954 OP   Man  over a year ago

Reading

Reading other threads . This happens here and on other social media sites.

I am wondering how for perhaps younger generation are going to deal with living in the real world.

I have worked for about ten companies. Being Manager, supervisor and a worker. In that time yes there have been people who I disliked and yes disliked me. But had to work , speak with them . Now with social media and as title thread says . People will not be able to do in workplace etc. Yet think this is now the norm ?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *emorefridaCouple  over a year ago

La la land

Online is the real world for many these days. Spend a fair amount of time on zoom meetings to collaborators over the world.

But in the main there's a.big difference to what I'd put up with in the workplace and that in my personal life. Yes I have to put up with people I don't like in work, I don't have to and won't in my own time. Think most of the youngsters I work with realise that.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Most people have the maturity at work, you can't like everyone but ultimately you have too be professional. Online is a different world and quite frankly you don't owe an explanation to strangers on the internet on why you aren't interested.

By *atricia ParnelWoman  over a year ago

In a town full of colours

All we can do as parents is educate and be responsible for what we expose our kids to online.

I watched the panorama programme on what happened to Ollie and that chilled me to the bone.

Definitely made me more aware of how my small people view online relationships and the language that is used with other people

By *heNerdyFembyWoman  over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

Blocking and Ghosting are prices we pay in a society where people are able to take the steps they need to keep their mental health, and potentially their physical, safe.

If you try and shift your perception from they are doing something to me, to they are doing what they need for them, it stings less.

By *aui.Man  over a year ago

around here

These things have always happened, long before the Internet. In fact before social media it was far easier to ghost someone.

Gaslighting is something very different and is more akin to abuse. I don't particularly associate it with the Internet at all.

By *JB1954 OP   Man  over a year ago

Reading

"All we can do as parents is educate and be responsible for what we expose our kids to online.

I watched the panorama programme on what happened to Ollie and that chilled me to the bone.

Definitely made me more aware of how my small people view online relationships and the language that is used with other people "

I live on the opposite side or Reading . I did not watch panorama. Did see south today. Which highlighted parts of what happened. A lot of people now regard social media as normal. Which in turn highlights the need for ‘likes ‘ Part of the accepted crowd. If not can have very serious effects. That is why post . Easy online etc ignore people. How can you do in real life . At work especially . ?

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

I am fake as fuck at work as I think that is the professional way to be.

» Add a new message to this topic