FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Annonymous

Annonymous

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Wonder how differently threads would be responded too if non of our avatars and usernames were listed.

Treat the post as it was intended and not because of the person the _iewpoint was attached too

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

id love to see that for a day

everyone posting and noone knowing who it is

theres been many times ive seen regulars post on here and 'get away' with things newbies wouldnt, or women say thing everyone would jump on if it was a guy

would be interesting

I've never been one to knowingly alter or adjust my responses depending on who the OP is etc. (probably to my detriment but who knows??!!)

There are times that you disagree with anyone in life - be that your closest friend, your partner or someone off the forums.

By *unky monkeyMan  over a year ago

in the night garden

I think this is a stupid idea, I would be nothing without my arse.

"I think this is a stupid idea, I would be nothing without my arse."

You'd be arseless

By *igger1952Man  over a year ago

Paphos Cyprus.

cyprus 2013.

Any couple or single female visiting cyprus in 2013 and would like to get involved in some hot adult fun, post possible dates and places you will be staying and lets all start having some fun.

"I think this is a stupid idea, I would be nothing without my arse."

with a comment like that, even without your username or avatar id know it was you. lol

"cyprus 2013.

Any couple or single female visiting cyprus in 2013 and would like to get involved in some hot adult fun, post possible dates and places you will be staying and lets all start having some fun."

erm yeah cheers for the hijack lol.. enjoy your holiday mind

By *icketysplitsWoman  over a year ago

Way over Yonder, that's where I'm bound

I remember what it was like. I would like to know how my _iews would be received if I posted as a man.

I have been told my style of writing is quite distinctive. When I created this profile those who already knew me identified the profile as mine before I had contacted them. However, if writing the same things with people thinking I am male would they be read in the same way?

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

It's funny I sometimes look back at old posts where the user has left and can tell by styling post who it was

"It's funny I sometimes look back at old posts where the user has left and can tell by styling post who it was"

lol i spot my old posts a mile off. As lickety stated in the post above yours i think i have a style of posting which i think makes me obvious..

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I don't believe I would change much at all...

"id love to see that for a day

theres been many times ive seen regulars post on here and 'get away' with things newbies wouldnt, or women say thing everyone would jump on if it was a guy

would be interesting"

How about an 'Anonymous Lounge' as an on-going thing? Now that WOULD be interesting..

I think I'd be ok as I'm just random with what I post.

Unless I mention Jaffa cakes, kippers, custard and dogging hmmm that kinda sounds like a kinky night put together

By *etillanteWoman  over a year ago

"id love to see that for a day

would be interesting

How about an 'Anonymous Lounge' as an on-going thing? Now that WOULD be interesting..

"

Perhaps set up temporary blank profiles and post in a little used forum

Great idea

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

there would be more fights..... nothing surer

"there would be more fights..... nothing surer"

can i ask why you would think this?

I can spot mine

I just look for 200 words when 20 would have sufficed

"

Treat the post as it was intended and not because of the person the _iewpoint was attached too"

I do that any way, I can't help who my way of thinking or thoughts may coincide with.

[Removed by poster at 12/11/12 14:13:39]

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"there would be more fights..... nothing surer

can i ask why you would think this? "

I think people hold back at times and don't say things depending who is posting... genitalia led, if sexuality was also hidden...

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

and people assume linkage of postings, they think people follow like sheep rather than truly have a similar opinion. Not saying it doesn't happen that people pounce because of friends etc, but i think it is less than first imagined

I think people hold back at times and don't say things depending who is posting... genitalia led, if sexuality was also hidden...

"

i think its a shame people hold back on saying what they really want to say but understand that there are rules put in place.

Moderators would still remove/ban posters if people were to act inaprpriately though

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

I do think it is sad to be honest but as you say, the mods would be overcome with bans and the atmosphere would be more unwelcoming to new posters. There is a trade off to mute it down for the welcoming ambience, but that drives up the subtle snipings.

Think this kind of coincides with Obi's thread on cliques aswell.

just read it on another thread a lady had posted a comment on a single and unknown profile as she felt it would have been given a different response from her couples profile.

just made me think how sometimes id like to have posted things annonymously..

"Think this kind of coincides with Obi's thread on cliques aswell. "

wasnt my sole intention on that however can see why they could be linked. if you don't know who is posting.. can there be any true banter going back and forth unless it becomes annonymous banter where you just quote from what one person has said and hope they check back to reply to you

In the long term though unless you can identify with a persons style of typing accurately then i think posters would just blend together and a forum would turn into a forum for advice and shared opinions based rather than a slower version of a chatroom

btw im often guilty of joining in with flirting, personal jokes etc

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"Think this kind of coincides with Obi's thread on cliques aswell. "

of course it does. the thread was posted following a weekend of spats between people who may not care for each other. It followed the awards and comments made, which may have been misread and thereafter, threads winding each other up happened.

it happens every year

"just read it on another thread a lady had posted a comment on a single and unknown profile as she felt it would have been given a different response from her couples profile.

just made me think how sometimes id like to have posted things annonymously..

I won't ask what you would have liked to be anonymous but since making my profile public and joining in (rather than the odd PM to some posters) there has never been a time when I have thought I would want to be anonymous to say something. I do sometimes judge that what I want to say might not get me reactions I want to deal with so I don't post those comments when I feel like that. At other times I feel able to cope with the flak and go ahead and post.

"

"Think this kind of coincides with Obi's thread on cliques aswell.

of course it does. the thread was posted following a weekend of spats between people who may not care for each other. It followed the awards and comments made, which may have been misread and thereafter, threads winding each other up happened.

it happens every year

"

I agree ........ oops!

By *isscheekychopsWoman  over a year ago

The land of grey peas and bacon

it happens every year

"

was i d*unk or did the spats just go over my head...

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

"Wonder how differently threads would be responded too if non of our avatars and usernames were listed.

Treat the post as it was intended and not because of the person the _iewpoint was attached too"

That's a very good point.....

in the night garden

it happens every year

"

Pah! I always miss the fun! Can someone inbox me with the dirt please.

it happens every year

"

i rest my case View.. if it was someone else who had started this thread would you have expressed a different _iew point of it. is it because my name is associated and you have read into other threads and just linked various posts and incorrectly presumed things?

it happens every year

Pah! I always miss the fun! Can someone inbox me with the dirt please. "

there is no dirt to dish, people misunderstand things

There would be a 90% plus drop in attention seeking threads and woe is me threads which clog the forums up which would greatly reduce the boredom levels.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

it happens every year

i rest my case View.. if it was someone else who had started this thread would you have expressed a different _iew point of it. is it because my name is associated and you have read into other threads and just linked various posts and incorrectly presumed things?"

you asked the question and i answered and i would have answered the same to anyone else..... those are factually my observations of the weekend, they may not be anyone elses but they are mine.

Torquay

i think its a shame people hold back on saying what they really want to say but understand that there are rules put in place.

Moderators would still remove/ban posters if people were to act inaprpriately though"

I rarely hold back in saying it as I see it....but I would like to think I've never been guilty of abusing anyone.

People might not agree with what I have to say on a subject, but I always remain true to myself and give my honest _iew.

then i will leave it at that, and say no more too you

wasnt my sole intention on that however can see why they could be linked. if you don't know who is posting.. can there be any true banter going back and forth unless it becomes annonymous banter where you just quote from what one person has said and hope they check back to reply to you

In the long term though unless you can identify with a persons style of typing accurately then i think posters would just blend together and a forum would turn into a forum for advice and shared opinions based rather than a slower version of a chatroom

btw im often guilty of joining in with flirting, personal jokes etc"

Yes but there is also PM's in which people can realise who one poster is and then inform others so there would still be personal sniping and pointless arguing.

At the end of the day it's a forum open to pretty much all topics and everyone will have there own opinion no matter what.

But it's the personal insults that get me because people don't know personal circumstances of others. No one on here knows me from day to day life so there opinions are made from judgements they make, which could or could not be right.

I'm just rambling now so going to shut up

"There would be a 90% plus drop in attention seeking threads and woe is me threads which clog the forums up which would greatly reduce the boredom levels. "

yup i agree a lot of that would stop. ive been guilty many a time of aiming a thread with one person in mind and knowing that regular users will too contribute too it (birthday threads etc)

the forum dynamics would change considerably i think

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

"then i will leave it at that, and say no more too you"

you felt ganged up on the feeling sick thread and actually I didn't agree with some of the comments made to you. I didnt comment on it apart from giving advice, genuine advice.

But please do not pretend that this post is not a subtle pop at the people who did comment to you, posts were removed from Obi's thread 'yours' and you are no more guilty than some, but no more innocent

my last word

"then i will leave it at that, and say no more too you

you felt ganged up on the feeling sick thread and actually I didn't agree with some of the comments made to you. I didnt comment on it apart from giving advice, genuine advice.

But please do not pretend that this post is not a subtle pop at the people who did comment to you, posts were removed from Obi's thread 'yours' and you are no more guilty than some, but no more innocent

my last word"

hand on heart _iew thats totally wrong. I doubt anything i say would change your mind, this was purely because of a female poster towards the end of Obi's thread and was just inspired because of that. She felt that if she had posted on a couples profile her response would have been seen in a different light.

Maybe this should be left now before it turns into something it obviously shouldn't do

We all have our own unique way of posting, some of us post funny threads, others serious threads, some ask for advice and others are look at me threads!

I don't think that if we could post anonymous threads things would be any better!

You are always going to get someone who won't agree with you! Just like real life!

I never have and never will take anything on this site to heart, be it a snipe in the forums or in a message! Not that I have been sniped at......!!

Perhaps some people take things to seriously?

If the profiles were anonymous and everyone was too, then all hell would break loose and comments and insults would be rife.

It would be a victimless crime, like punching someone in the dark!

"If the profiles were anonymous and everyone was too, then all hell would break loose and comments and insults would be rife.

It would be a victimless crime, like punching someone in the dark! "

That's not a victimless crime, it's a cowardly punch.

If profiles are anonymous it would make for some interesting meets.

"

It would be a victimless crime, like punching someone in the dark! "

... make it wrestling not boxing and I'm in.

Torquay

"Maybe this should be left now before it turns into something it obviously shouldn't do "

If you feel strongly that it may then report the posts it concerns to Admin...other than that it's down for a moderator to decide.

"If the profiles were anonymous and everyone was too, then all hell would break loose and comments and insults would be rife.

That's not a victimless crime, it's a cowardly punch.

If profiles are anonymous it would make for some interesting meets. "

Is that anything like rum punch?

Have you people not heard of 4chan, the "/b/" board?

Anonymous has only been going 8 years and everyone posts anonymously with some positive results.

"

... make it wrestling not boxing and I'm in. "

I'm slipping on me mankini right now...ding ding!!

in the night garden

"Have you people not heard of 4chan, the "/b/" board?

Anonymous has only been going 8 years and everyone posts anonymously with some positive results. "

Bwahahahahhaahahaa at positive results on 4chan.

That place is legend.

Anonymous has only been going 8 years and everyone posts anonymously with some positive results.

That place is legend."

Is that the anonymous site that tracked the woman down who threw that cat in a dustbin?

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

"Wonder how differently threads would be responded too if non of our avatars and usernames were listed.

my posts would remain the same

That place is legend."

A large part of on-line humour, pictures and more is accredited to the b board which is repeated through the ether. I would say some is controversial but much is positive and many a DOS has started there.

That place is legend.

Is that the anonymous site that tracked the woman down who threw that cat in a dustbin?"

There were many comments on there and as I remember there were questions asked who she was but there were on many sites. There is a lot of over exuberance at times there but it is entertaining.

in the night garden

That place is legend.

A large part of on-line humour, pictures and more is accredited to the b board which is repeated through the ether. I would say some is controversial but much is positive and many a DOS has started there. "

Agreed! Most internet memes start there, or at least the best ones. Troll face was invented on 4chan! Granted, it only started ironically at first.

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

"and you are no more guilty than some, but no more innocent

"

This applies to most posters on here. There is so much bitching at times it is sad to read.....but some people don't think they are doing the same thing

There are a lot of threads started and added to on here that are ambiguous...maybe this is one of them , only the OP will know... but if it is then this wouldn't be the first time someone was having a pop at someone while dressing up their post into a question and feign innocence when challenged.

There are a lot of you who do it.

Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

This applies to most posters on here. There is so much bitching at times it is sad to read.....but some people don't think they are doing the same thing

There are a lot of threads started and added to on here that are ambiguous...maybe this is one of them , only the OP will know... but if it is then this wouldn't be the first time someone was having a pop at someone while dressing up their post into a question and feign innocence when challenged.

There are a lot of you who do it."

I agree, we have all done it at times and pointed it out to others

By *layfullsamMan  over a year ago

Solihull

There are a lot of you who do it."

surely its the nature of the beast, If not then we have to go down the route of only allowing posts that agree with the op which would be pretty boring

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

There are a lot of you who do it. surely its the nature of the beast, If not then we have to go down the route of only allowing posts that agree with the op which would be pretty boring"

I am not sure how you got to "people can't disagree with each other " from my post.

There are a lot of you who do it. surely its the nature of the beast, If not then we have to go down the route of only allowing posts that agree with the op which would be pretty boring"

Isn't the point to disagree with the statement and not attack the person? Of course sometimes people think the disagreement of opinion is personal when it is not.

in the night garden

Sometimes people disagree with me.

But alka seltza usually does the trick... and a few fava beans fsfsfsfsfsssssfsffsfssssss!

By *iamondsmiles.Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

I can usually tell when someone is posting by what they post, dont look at the name or avator. Even if someone tries to change the way they say things they usually revert to type. Look how quick people are sussed when they leave and come back

you make an interesting point.

i have something to think about

"I can usually tell when someone is posting by what they post, dont look at the name or avator. Even if someone tries to change the way they say things they usually revert to type. Look how quick people are sussed when they leave and come back "

**nods** I amuse myself by reading the threads from the end up and play guess the poster before I reach their name.

it happens every year

was i d*unk or did the spats just go over my head... "

I was d*unk, and they went over mine. So some spill the beans on who's been fighting who

Agree or disagree, who's right?

Only one thing for it....FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!!

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I haven't read all of this thread....just the bitching bits

If we went annonymous now we'd still know who the posters were by the way they posted. I don't think it will change the way I post as I'd still be nice so everyone liked me

Now.....back to the bitching......yes, over the last few days there have been a few swipes, barbed comments, blatant digs floating about on various threads for whatever reason.

For this I am going to ho against my usual 'this is like a pub' comment whenever cliques/groups are mentioned and say that on an open forum it is hard to avoid people whose comments you don't like because they can post on any thread. Yes you can choose to ignore them, move on etc but when you see them day in day out sometimes you are going to snap.

In a pub you can just walk off and not even listen to what someone is saying and so won't get wound up about it.

"Agree or disagree, who's right?

Only one thing for it....FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!! "

You get the custard, I'll start blowing up the paddling pool!

I like this thread, brilliant idea OP. I think people would definitely post differently. It would be an interesting experiment.

And... if everyone was anonymous and you didn't know who was posting... you'd all be like me then. I'm useless at recognising people when they change their profile pics, let alone posting under a different name!! I'm also crap at spotting who's friends with/ shagging other people.

Sometimes I might make comments that refer to things that have been posted, but most times I'm actually oblivious and just being an utter dope.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

We would still get banned tho.

Would be fun trying to work out who was saying what ..

I believe that certain people react to me rather than what's been said.

Some people cannot be impartial.

By *innamon!Woman  over a year ago

no matter

"I haven't read all of this thread....just the bitching bits

If we went annonymous now we'd still know who the posters were by the way they posted. I don't think it will change the way I post as I'd still be nice so everyone liked me

Now.....back to the bitching......yes, over the last few days there have been a few swipes, barbed comments, blatant digs floating about on various threads for whatever reason.

For this I am going to ho against my usual 'this is like a pub' comment whenever cliques/groups are mentioned and say that on an open forum it is hard to avoid people whose comments you don't like because they can post on any thread. Yes you can choose to ignore them, move on etc but when you see them day in day out sometimes you are going to snap.

In a pub you can just walk off and not even listen to what someone is saying and so won't get wound up about it. "

Well the bitching barbs swiping and blatant digs cant have been me .. cos I already was bad .

so I couldnt say anything.

By *he_original_poloWoman  over a year ago

a Primark shoebox in Leicester

The trouble with asking for opinions is.... you don't always get the one you wanted.

But it has been entertaining.

"I do think it is sad to be honest but as you say, the mods would be overcome with bans and the atmosphere would be more unwelcoming to new posters. There is a trade off to mute it down for the welcoming ambience, but that drives up the subtle snipings.

"

they couldnt ban as they wouldnt be able to identify who it was ....... lol

I dont think anyone would be able to tell it was me lol

"I dont think anyone would be able to tell it was me lol "

They would with me!

It would get a bit confusing with all the needy threads though not knowing which needy person put up which needy thread.

As said before though many other sites do but if you are after attention being anonymous is pretty pointless.

“OfFiCiAl FaB ForUms SEXIEST male of 2012”

"I dont think anyone would be able to tell it was me lol "

Bloody would

We'd just wait for the...... It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"

“OfFiCiAl FaB ForUms SEXIEST male of 2012” "

I was right up your arse

shit what have I said

"

I was right up your arse

shit what have I said "

Something you want to share ?

"Treat the post as it was intended and not because of the person the _iewpoint was attached too"

Who said that? No different for me, I respond to the text seldom read the titles properly and not bothered about who posted it.

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

"

I was right up your arse

shit what have I said

Something you want to share ? "

I meant close race

» Add a new message to this topic