FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Fab Gas Metre Scam

Fab Gas Metre Scam

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *enton OP   Man  over a year ago

Wakefield

A single woman I chat to very regularly on here said that 2 different totally unconnected men she'd been chatting to had both been hit by the same 'scam' so we thought we'd bring it to everyone's attention...

She isn't comfortable writing on Forums so asked me to do it.

Both these men are from the Leeds/Wakefield areas in West Yorkshire and both recently arranged a meet with a single woman purportedly from Wakefield. Both did the usual routine and exchanged phone calls etc... so all seemed genuine.

And yes the woman indeed turned up on time at the allotted pub for a 'social... possibly more'

So they have a couple of drinks and all going ok so they decide to move on to another pub or bar but, as its daytime, the woman says she just needs to duck into the Post Office to top her gas metre key up. However, after the inevitable queue in all PO's these days, she eventually gets served but her card is declined when attempting to withdraw cash from the chip and pin to pay for the gas. So in both cases the man gallantly steps in to avoid a scene at the counter. After all its 'only' £40 so problem solved.

The woman, concerned why her card had declined, rings her bank as they walk to the next pub and he gets the drinks in as she's still hanging on the phone to her bank.

When he returns to the table they'd chosen his meet has vanished.

She doesn't return.

Pretty much the exact same area, namely Wakefield city centre, so sounds like the same woman for both times but we're not certain. In both cases soon as he checks Fab, as you would automatically do, her profile had been deleted. Of course, its easy to hide and suspend profiles. So they're unable to report it to Fab.

My friend has messaged both these men to put them in contact with each other to see if they have any details like pics, phone numbers etc... to pass on to Fab.

So be careful out there please everyone.

Reply privately (thread closed by moderator)

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Seems like a shit lot of effort for £40 but yeah, watch out guys.

The lesson? Don’t try gallantry with a complete stranger you’ve just met in the pursuit of a wet dick otherwise you’re going end up like this …

By *isfits behaving badlyCouple  over a year ago

Coventry

"Seems like a shit lot of effort for £40 but yeah, watch out guys.

The lesson? Don’t try gallantry with a complete stranger you’ve just met in the pursuit of a wet dick otherwise you’re going end up like this … "

I'm assuming the guys paid for all the drinks too. So say one-two hours work (maybe three if you include the prior ground work) for £40 tax free (I doubt they declare swindling to HMRC) and couple of pints is not too bad. Not going to make you rich but if your skint, local and got time on your hands I can see the attraction. I wouldn't mind someone buying me some pints and £40.

Mr

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

On another forum thread a man gave a woman money to buy a bottle of brandy and she vanished.

By *imi_RougeWoman  over a year ago

Portsmouth

https://m.fabswingers.com/forum/support/1318952

That was in Leicester

"Seems like a shit lot of effort for £40 but yeah, watch out guys.

The lesson? Don’t try gallantry with a complete stranger you’ve just met in the pursuit of a wet dick otherwise you’re going end up like this … "

Ffs men!! Don't think with your dick.

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

Serves them right. Who the hell pays for someone’s gas or anything like that on a social!

By *aomilatteCouple  over a year ago

Midlands

"Serves them right. Who the hell pays for someone’s gas or anything like that on a social! "

Gullible people

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

"Serves them right. Who the hell pays for someone’s gas or anything like that on a social!

Gullible people "

Yep

"Serves them right. Who the hell pays for someone’s gas or anything like that on a social! "

By *adCherriesCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire/Northwest

Be a cold day in hell before I offered to top up a gascard on a meet.. im tight Mr

Nora, Nora. Gawd bless ya. So wet behind the ears.

It was a “social .. possibly more”.

What self respecting man *wouldn’t* give a total stranger £40 on the vague offchance of “possibly more”

By *JB1954Man  over a year ago

Reading

It is when looking at this a very good scam. One male each day , five days £200 of gas plus drinks. Also how many males will report to police ?. One question from police would be how do you know her. Then have to admit on Fab? .

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

It's not a 'fab scam'.

If a scam occurs off site it's a police matter

If it occurs on site it's a matter for admin.

As a general rule only pay for something on a meet if you're prepared to not get it back.