FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > would you judge me as a timewaster?

would you judge me as a timewaster?

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

First of all I'm not! But I've read a few examples of how people would spot them. If you look at my profile I've been on this site for over a year and have no meets mainly because I'm really busy and very rarely avaible. But would you judge me as being a timewaster because of that?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

Has someone called you a timewaster???

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

You've never wasted any of my time so to me your not a time waster

By *ortheastcoupleukCouple  over a year ago

easington were the sun dont shine

no .timewasters are ppl who arange meets either dont turn up or just disapeer after talking or just keep making excuses at the last minute never seeming to acrually meet

"Has someone called you a timewaster???

"

Well no but I think people could look at my profile and think "he's been on here a year and had no meets. He must be a timewaster."

"First of all I'm not! But I've read a few examples of how people would spot them. If you look at my profile I've been on this site for over a year and have no meets mainly because I'm really busy and very rarely avaible. But would you judge me as being a timewaster because of that?"

Well Gary, without beating about the bush, we wouldn't label you a 'Timewaster', but.... going by what you say in your profile narrative, we would question your commitment to being in the swinging world. You clearly state that 'nothing' comes between you and your kid - which is laudable - but that's not good if someone wanted to meet you and THEIR time is also limited.

Would be interested to learn what prompted you to post this thread.... and it's title.....

Pork

"You've never wasted any of my time so to me your not a time waster "

I'm not a fan of the term timewaster, it is bandied about way too much on here. But would we reply to someone that was unverified after a year, almost certainly not, it would take something special and we would be very wary so if anything triggered off our somewhat cynical bullshit detectors then it would be block time. And that includes couples and single females.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

yeah probably, you have the look of one

but don't worry, sadly judgemental people exist

By *riendly foeWoman  over a year ago

In a crisp poke on the A814

"Has someone called you a timewaster???

Well no but I think people could look at my profile and think "he's been on here a year and had no meets. He must be a timewaster.""

Most of us dont jump to conclusions like that.....So dont worry about it...

"First of all I'm not! But I've read a few examples of how people would spot them. If you look at my profile I've been on this site for over a year and have no meets mainly because I'm really busy and very rarely avaible. But would you judge me as being a timewaster because of that?

Well Gary, without beating about the bush, we wouldn't label you a 'Timewaster', but.... going by what you say in your profile narrative, we would question your commitment to being in the swinging world. You clearly state that 'nothing' comes between you and your kid - which is laudable - but that's not good if someone wanted to meet you and THEIR time is also limited.

Would be interested to learn what prompted you to post this thread.... and it's title.....

Pork"

That's why I have no meets because my time is very limited. I was just curious I guess. Like I say it was an example giving to spot timewatsers and I just wanted to know if that's what is thought.

"First of all I'm not! But I've read a few examples of how people would spot them. If you look at my profile I've been on this site for over a year and have no meets mainly because I'm really busy and very rarely avaible. But would you judge me as being a timewaster because of that?"

A timewaster (to me) is someone who makes all the right noises and actions but fails to turn theory into practice.

Some people 'get off' on chatting online, chatting on the phone, camming, exchanging a series of explicit messages etc.

I wouldn't go down that line because it holds no attraction for me.

Talking about doing it, bores me. Physically doing it is a whole different ball game.

So, in essence, if we have arranged to meet and you fail to show (irrespective of reasons / excuses), you have wasted my time.

Up until that point, if we have chatted with the hope of meeting, I would have a non-distinct line when enough becomes enough and it becomes apparent that nothing is going to happen, ever.

In that case, you haven't wasted my time, I have wasted my time by allowing the farce to continue.

So by being here for a period of time and not meeting (for whatever your reasons may be), I personally wouldn't say you were a timewaster.

The people that have been strung along by what I assume to be a series of conversations have wasted their own time by not spotting the signs soon enough.

"First of all I'm not! But I've read a few examples of how people would spot them. If you look at my profile I've been on this site for over a year and have no meets mainly because I'm really busy and very rarely avaible. But would you judge me as being a timewaster because of that?

Pork

That's why I have no meets because my time is very limited. I was just curious I guess. Like I say it was an example giving to spot timewatsers and I just wanted to know if that's what is thought. "

Gary, try putting yourself in someone elses shoes who is reading your profile for the first time, and try and see how it comes over to a complete stranger and ask yourself if YOU would want to meet YOU....? See if you think you need to re-write any parts of it....

Surely a 'timewaster' is someone who consciously and actively sets about to waste another persons time through his/her own actions.

If you're not actively undertaking the above, you are not a timewaster.

A timewaster is not 'someone who hasn't actively met anyone in a year and garnered feedback on their profile for it' - if it is I'm going to qualify in about a month or so for the same label.

I'm not wasting anyone's time (other than arguably my own), I simply haven't found anyone I want to play with!

"In that case, you haven't wasted my time, I have wasted my time by allowing the farce to continue."

Bang on the money as usual, Bussy

Pork

» Add a new message to this topic