FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Australian company promises to freeze dead bodies

Australian company promises to freeze dead bodies

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *irtydevil666 OP   Man  over a year ago

bristol

Southern Cyronics have set up the country's first cyrogenic freezer facility in New South Wales that will hold corpses until it is scientifically possible to revive them.

Participants will have to pay $150,000 to be encased in liquid nitrogen at temperatures close to -200C in steel chambers.

The bodies will be submerged feet up so the brain has the best chance of survival in the event of a possible leak in the chamber.

The company already has 40 spaces and are planning to add 600 more spots with additional warehouses. It insists that participants could be revived once certain medical advancements are made in the future.

However, the claims have been disputed by some scientists who claim that the freezing process alone is a death sentence.

Shannon Tessier - a cyrobiologist at the Massachusetts General Hospital - said: "There is absolutely no current way, no proven scientific way, to actually freeze a whole human down to that temperature without completely destroying - and I mean obliterating - the tissue."

Could be a waste of money......

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

And who’s going to pay to revive them ?

By *icecouple561Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

East Sussex

I can see so much potential for exploitation of vulnerable, grieving people here.

By *idnight RamblerMan  over a year ago

Pershore

This brings the possibility to have an erection for all eternity.

By *ice But Very NaughtyCouple  over a year ago

Swansea

"I can see so much potential for exploitation of vulnerable, grieving people here.

"

My very first thought. Who is going to monitor them? What if they shut up shop in 10 years, who gets the refund?

My next thought is why would I want to come back, people won't have changed, I'll just be looking at the world facing the exact same problems it did through my life and that it has faced for thousands of years before me with the added issue of rich people being effectively immortal.

No thanks.

Mr

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I don't think I'd want to wake up again in the state I died in!

Plus I wouldn't want to come back in this world the way it's going.

By *ersiantugMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

"Southern Cyronics have set up the country's first cyrogenic freezer facility in New South Wales that will hold corpses until it is scientifically possible to revive them.

Participants will have to pay $150,000 to be encased in liquid nitrogen at temperatures close to -200C in steel chambers.

The bodies will be submerged feet up so the brain has the best chance of survival in the event of a possible leak in the chamber.

The company already has 40 spaces and are planning to add 600 more spots with additional warehouses. It insists that participants could be revived once certain medical advancements are made in the future.

However, the claims have been disputed by some scientists who claim that the freezing process alone is a death sentence.

Shannon Tessier - a cyrobiologist at the Massachusetts General Hospital - said: "There is absolutely no current way, no proven scientific way, to actually freeze a whole human down to that temperature without completely destroying - and I mean obliterating - the tissue."

Could be a waste of money......"

---How can the procedure be a 'death sentence' when it can only legally happen after people are already dead?

And even if they did this just before death (rather than just after), life is a trip that is carried by our blood flow surely. When the blood flow stops and the lights go out, science surely agrees (religion aside) that we simply lose who we are in any scientific sense. --pt

By *ob Carpe DiemMan  over a year ago

Torquay

Freezing kills cells, unless they have a breakthrough technology it's never going to be possible to bring them back

Cardiff

"I can see so much potential for exploitation of vulnerable, grieving people here.

"

A lot of end of life matters are like this, strong regulation is vital in these areas imo. -pt

Cardiff

"Freezing kills cells, unless they have a breakthrough technology it's never going to be possible to bring them back "

--The bodies would be empty shells even if they did reanimate the cells. Slowing everything down in a perfect way is the best they can do - actual freezing is effectively brain death surely. -pt

By *izandpaulCouple  over a year ago

merseyside

"Southern Cyronics have set up the country's first cyrogenic freezer facility in New South Wales that will hold corpses until it is scientifically possible to revive them.

Could be a waste of money......"

If you have the cash and it makes you happy, go for it.

For me, I rather use my money when I'm alive and what's left goes to my family.

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

For that kind of money, you could get a brilliant piece of urine soaked cardboard within three hours drive of work. Buy a house instead!

» Add a new message to this topic