FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Sabotage at work

Sabotage at work

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Overnight oats for breakfast. Sweet potato, chickpea and tzatziki wrap for lunch. Cherries for dessert. Happy, healthy Timber.

Oh what's that I see out of the corner of my eye? Someone's brought a load of multipacks of Penguins, Kit Kats and Gold bars in?

Pray 4 me

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

Yes, yes I know. This is all down to me and my willpower and other people are still allowed to enjoy themselves. I'm just saying. Fuck my life.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Send them my way and I’ll happily get rid of them for you

By *i_guy_sloughMan  over a year ago

Langley

"Yes, yes I know. This is all down to me and my willpower and other people are still allowed to enjoy themselves. I'm just saying. Fuck my life. "

I’d rather fuck you than your life

By *acey_RedWoman  over a year ago

Liverpool

I know what you mean. My office are always ordering food in together or getting doughnuts, cakes, biscuits or sweets. Even the daily rounds of toast that I can smell.

By *his_Kitty_ScratchesWoman  over a year ago

WSM

You can get through it! I haven’t touched a single cake or biscuit today banana and yogurt with a mango smoothie for breakfast and a cheese roll and some crisps for lunch now… not perfect but better!

"I know what you mean. My office are always ordering food in together or getting doughnuts, cakes, biscuits or sweets. Even the daily rounds of toast that I can smell. "

We do Dominos days at the end of the month. They always coincide with a meeting I have to attend in person. I can never avoid it

One time they were throwing a bunch of it out so I took an entire pizza home too. Forced my hand, obviously. Pure utter fucking sabotage.

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

"Overnight oats for breakfast. Sweet potato, chickpea and tzatziki wrap for lunch. Cherries for dessert. Happy, healthy Timber.

Oh what's that I see out of the corner of my eye? Someone's brought a load of multipacks of Penguins, Kit Kats and Gold bars in?

I feel your pain!

Pray 4 me "

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

Recite in your head "I do not eat chocolate".

When my head's in the right space I can happily walk past the chocolate, biscuit, cake, crisp aisles in any supermarket.

When my stomach is playing up they're like a magnet to me.

Alternatives usually have sweeteners I can't eat

"You can get through it! I haven’t touched a single cake or biscuit today banana and yogurt with a mango smoothie for breakfast and a cheese roll and some crisps for lunch now… not perfect but better! "

Yay baby steps!

"Recite in your head "I do not eat chocolate".

When my head's in the right space I can happily walk past the chocolate, biscuit, cake, crisp aisles in any supermarket.

When my stomach is playing up they're like a magnet to me.

Alternatives usually have sweeteners I can't eat "

Can't walk past it when it's literally 6 feet away from my desk can't move it either as it's a communal table

By *amie HantsWoman  over a year ago

Atlantis

One woman in my office had a weeklong birthday party. A week of cake and party food.

I mean, technically I supplied it because she’s a total babe and I adore her but still. Sabotaging cow. I just wanted to eat my nutritious lunch and try to stay in a calorie deficit but nooooo. I had to inhale a tube of Pringles and half a cake.

Aww OP I totally understand this.

When I worked in the office and people brought in goodies that I wanted to resist I used to just smell the treats but not eat them. I found the fix of the smell was often enough. My colleagues used to laugh and offer to make me a horses nose bag to sniff empty packaging

Other times I would think of the treats as being off or poisonous to trick my mind. Doesn't always work and probably won't work for others but it supported me when I lost weight.

NBVN x

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"Overnight oats for breakfast. Sweet potato, chickpea and tzatziki wrap for lunch. Cherries for dessert. Happy, healthy Timber.

Pray 4 me "

It's not easy, I agree. May I suggest a large glass of water every time you feel tempted? It's a good habit to be in generally, it improves your digestion and it makes you feel fuller for longer.

It was a big help to me when self control was a factor for me.

[Removed by poster at 21/06/22 13:21:18]

"I know what you mean. My office are always ordering food in together or getting doughnuts, cakes, biscuits or sweets. Even the daily rounds of toast that I can smell. "

Also I used to work in a place like this. Free breakfast with fancy pastries once a week. Team lunches every two weeks. Random takeaways and buffet lunch parties "just because". Food for literally every holiday and occasion under the sun.

Liverpool

"You can get through it! I haven’t touched a single cake or biscuit today banana and yogurt with a mango smoothie for breakfast and a cheese roll and some crisps for lunch now… not perfect but better! "

That sounds great! Well done you

Liverpool

"I know what you mean. My office are always ordering food in together or getting doughnuts, cakes, biscuits or sweets. Even the daily rounds of toast that I can smell.

Also I used to work in a place like this. Free breakfast with fancy pastries once a week. Team lunches every two weeks. Random takeaways and buffet lunch parties "just because". Food for literally every holiday and occasion under the sun."

Honestly this isn't even once a week. The kitchen is virtually always carb central and they have a sweet tin. We even have a freezer which currently is full of icecreams. Luckily there's ice pops that are only 30 calories so I could join in in the heat

"Aww OP I totally understand this.

When I worked in the office and people brought in goodies that I wanted to resist I used to just smell the treats but not eat them. I found the fix of the smell was often enough. My colleagues used to laugh and offer to make me a horses nose bag to sniff empty packaging

Other times I would think of the treats as being off or poisonous to trick my mind. Doesn't always work and probably won't work for others but it supported me when I lost weight.

NBVN x

"

Haha that reminds me of that scene in the Kardashians when Kourtney orders donuts just to smell them

"Send them my way and I’ll happily get rid of them for you "

Ah that requires effort, can you not just come here?

"Yes, yes I know. This is all down to me and my willpower and other people are still allowed to enjoy themselves. I'm just saying. Fuck my life.

I’d rather fuck you than your life"

Tbf that might burn off a Penguin at least

"Send them my way and I’ll happily get rid of them for you

Ah that requires effort, can you not just come here? "

If I start walking now I should make it there in a couple of days

I feel your pain!

Pray 4 me "

Yay for solidarity

By *ingo00Man  over a year ago

Cowley

"Aww OP I totally understand this.

NBVN x

Haha that reminds me of that scene in the Kardashians when Kourtney orders donuts just to smell them "

That is almost the definition of too much money

"One woman in my office had a weeklong birthday party. A week of cake and party food.

I mean, technically I supplied it because she’s a total babe and I adore her but still. Sabotaging cow. I just wanted to eat my nutritious lunch and try to stay in a calorie deficit but nooooo. I had to inhale a tube of Pringles and half a cake. "

Is it even possible to NOT inhale the entire tube once you open it? I genuinely feel like "once you pop you can't stop" is 100% scientifically accurate.

Pray 4 me

It's not easy, I agree. May I suggest a large glass of water every time you feel tempted? It's a good habit to be in generally, it improves your digestion and it makes you feel fuller for longer.

It was a big help to me when self control was a factor for me."

Brb just moving my desk to the loos

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

"

Brb just moving my desk to the loos "

I know, that was an issue for me too. It still worked.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

So pleased that everyone in our workplace are stingy bastards. No-one brings cake or sweets generally. Very occasionally, SMT will try to bribe us with junk but otherwise, you can go a w whole month or more, unmølested by Penguins or KitKats.

"

Brb just moving my desk to the loos

I know, that was an issue for me too. It still worked."

It's okay I'm having a pre-tracked cuppa and an apple (which probably has the same amount of calories and more sugar than a Penguin to be fair )

By *ob Carpe DiemMan  over a year ago

Torquay

Sadly they no longer make fruit club, that makes me very sad

By *valanche1001Man  over a year ago

Leeds

I was the saboteur today, everyone at the office was being good until I offered to go to the greasy spoon round the corner

By *i_guy_sloughMan  over a year ago

Langley

"Yes, yes I know. This is all down to me and my willpower and other people are still allowed to enjoy themselves. I'm just saying. Fuck my life.

I’d rather fuck you than your life

Tbf that might burn off a Penguin at least "

Every little helps!

By *etcplCouple  over a year ago

Gapping Fanny

I like gold bars. Used to get them as a kid, and still do.

Liverpool

"So pleased that everyone in our workplace are stingy bastards. No-one brings cake or sweets generally. Very occasionally, SMT will try to bribe us with junk but otherwise, you can go a w whole month or more, unmølested by Penguins or KitKats. "

I think in our office it's either bribery from management after shitting on us or easing the guilt if they get everyone else to join in

By *ooking4othersMan  over a year ago

Here ...

"Sadly they no longer make fruit club, that makes me very sad"

Still in stock ... https://britishgrocery.co.uk/product/mcvities-club-fruit-biscuit-8-pack-184g/

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"So pleased that everyone in our workplace are stingy bastards. No-one brings cake or sweets generally. Very occasionally, SMT will try to bribe us with junk but otherwise, you can go a w whole month or more, unmølested by Penguins or KitKats.

I think in our office it's either bribery from management after shitting on us or easing the guilt if they get everyone else to join in "

Mega head office sent cupcakes after a slightly difficult "we're listening" session. I didn't even get one because they'd all be snaffled while I was teaching!

"So pleased that everyone in our workplace are stingy bastards. No-one brings cake or sweets generally. Very occasionally, SMT will try to bribe us with junk but otherwise, you can go a w whole month or more, unmølested by Penguins or KitKats.

I think in our office it's either bribery from management after shitting on us or easing the guilt if they get everyone else to join in

Mega head office sent cupcakes after a slightly difficult "we're listening" session. I didn't even get one because they'd all be snaffled while I was teaching!"

We used to get cupcakes with company branding on at every product launch/company wide meeting. They were basic, industrially made cupcakes so there'd always be loads left over. I used to take some home and put them in my freezer for cheat days

Nothing tastes as good as free food!

Update: you'll all be pleased to know I've made it home untainted by chocolate biscuit bars

There were loads left over though... Tomorrow is another day to be brave

My dumb arse thought this was a thread about beef in the office. Give me the nipple twist op and tell em they aren't dark like Wesley Snipes

"My dumb arse thought this was a thread about beef in the office. Give me the nipple twist op and tell em they aren't dark like Wesley Snipes "

There will be soon if people keep doing this shit tbh

By *ambozaMan  over a year ago

kilburn park

I work in a hospital… far too many sweets and not enough flowers

"I work in a hospital… far too many sweets and not enough flowers "

The staff? Or the patients?

By *ambozaMan  over a year ago

kilburn park

The staff….. a card and a box of sweets or biscuits if the de facto gratitude gift.

We want flowers

» Add a new message to this topic