FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Trans Positivity Thread

Trans Positivity Thread

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Just a little trans positivity thread today! After my lesbian appreciation thread; a little trans positivity during pride month is needed!

Big shoutout to all trans people both on fab and off fab…we’re all incredible and I hope both you and I can continue to live our lives transphobia free!

TRANS PRIDE AND TRANS POWER

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *stellaWoman  over a year ago

London

Solidarity.

"Solidarity. "

Always appreciated

By *ustauseerTV/TS  over a year ago

sedgemoor

Trans Liberation, now, forever, always.

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

Transformer power!

By *obby3264Man  over a year ago

Cambridge

Big UPS

By *atnip make me purrWoman  over a year ago

Reading

Fareham

AC/DC !!

"Transformer power!"

Nobody laughed and nobody moved. Did you make that up yourself?

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

"Trans Liberation, now, forever, always. "

I hope one day we can live in a transphobia free world. It’s exhausting me.

By *aliceWoman  over a year ago

Birmingham

It's cool. Sometimes you just need to change the lens through which you view the world.

Looking on here or two minutes in twitter can make you feel like being trans is a shitstorm but the vast majority of the public are ambivalent at worst. I'm very visible and so far I've had no major problems and am generally warmly welcomed in womens spaces.

"It's cool. Sometimes you just need to change the lens through which you view the world.

Looking on here or two minutes in twitter can make you feel like being trans is a shitstorm but the vast majority of the public are ambivalent at worst. I'm very visible and so far I've had no major problems and am generally warmly welcomed in womens spaces."

Yeah; I’ve had to mute so much on Twitter and now only just use it to talk to my friends. It’s so infuriating how transphobes are deadset on not letting us exist peacefully.

sedgemoor

"Trans Liberation, now, forever, always.

I hope one day we can live in a transphobia free world. It’s exhausting me."

I love watching the morons consistently out themselves. These people do love to expose themselves

By *naswingdressWoman  over a year ago

Manchester (she/her)

Fareham

I love watching the morons consistently out themselves. These people do love to expose themselves"

Exposure is quite common round here.

I love watching the morons consistently out themselves. These people do love to expose themselves

Exposure is quite common round here."

I don’t know how to put this nicely but you’re incredibly unfunny

Fareham

I don’t know how to put this nicely but you’re incredibly unfunny "

Pot calling kettle.

Manchester (she/her)

Exposure is quite common round here."

People do in fact, expose or tell on themselves all the time around here

Birmingham

Positive visibility and representation serve our cause much better than insults. We've been around for ever and are just going through our time in the spotlight at the moment.

Like every other large social justice movement, people are choosing what side of history they'll be viewed as having being on.

By *100Man  over a year ago

Essex

Always have lots of love for all sexy fab swingers xxxxxx

Pot calling kettle."

I haven’t tried to be funny, bestie.

"Positive visibility and representation serve our cause much better than insults. We've been around for ever and are just going through our time in the spotlight at the moment.

Like every other large social justice movement, people are choosing what side of history they'll be viewed as having being on."

Exactly this; thank you! And I’m happy to be on the right side of history

Manchester (she/her)

"Positive visibility and representation serve our cause much better than insults. We've been around for ever and are just going through our time in the spotlight at the moment.

Like every other large social justice movement, people are choosing what side of history they'll be viewed as having being on."

Absolutely.

In person I'm just the one quietly treating women as women, while (hopefully subtly) scanning the surroundings if I have reason to believe there might be additional risks to the people I'm with. (From bigots, in case that's not abundantly clear)

Fareham

Like every other large social justice movement, people are choosing what side of history they'll be viewed as having being on.

Exactly this; thank you! And I’m happy to be on the right side of history "

Hitler thought that until 1942. Just saying.

I don’t know how to put this nicely but you’re incredibly unfunny "

He makes me laugh

By *ora the explorerWoman  over a year ago

Paradise, Herts

[Removed by poster at 19/06/22 20:02:32]

Fareham

He makes me laugh "

A fan! It’s all been worth it x

"I think perhaps (as always with these threads) people should refrain from calling people morons/thick/uneducated etc etc. Can’t speak for others but that would just lose my respect for them immediately and I wouldn’t be interested in learning from them or listening to anything interesting they had to say from that point. "

It’s just a trans positivity thread. If people aren’t positive about trans people, they have no reason to be there.

sedgemoor

Cute how this started out as a trans positivity thread and now someone who was actively being anti-trans in another forum post is now in here…

Y’all love to expose yourselfs don’t you.

Paradise, Herts

"I think perhaps (as always with these threads) people should refrain from calling people morons/thick/uneducated etc etc. Can’t speak for others but that would just lose my respect for them immediately and I wouldn’t be interested in learning from them or listening to anything interesting they had to say from that point.

It’s just a trans positivity thread. If people aren’t positive about trans people, they have no reason to be there. "

This was meant for another thread. Apologies

"Cute how this started out as a trans positivity thread and now someone who was actively being anti-trans in another forum post is now in here…

Y’all love to expose yourselfs don’t you."

LITERALLY! They constantly talk about how trans people are coming into ‘cis spaces’ (whatever that means) and yet constantly get into trans peoples business. It’s embarrassing.

By *heNerdyFembyWoman  over a year ago

Eastbourne (she/they)

To all my Trans Siblings, The Non-Binary Finery, Theydies and Gentlethems. I hope you all have a glorious day, week and beyond!

Paradise, Herts

"Cute how this started out as a trans positivity thread and now someone who was actively being anti-trans in another forum post is now in here…

LITERALLY! They constantly talk about how trans people are coming into ‘cis spaces’ (whatever that means) and yet constantly get into trans peoples business. It’s embarrassing. "

I deleted my comment when I realised I’d posted on the wrong thread. I would never have posted that on a positivity thread. My comment does however stand for the other thread which is now finished.

LITERALLY! They constantly talk about how trans people are coming into ‘cis spaces’ (whatever that means) and yet constantly get into trans peoples business. It’s embarrassing.

I deleted my comment when I realised I’d posted on the wrong thread. I would never have posted that on a positivity thread. My comment does however stand for the other thread which is now finished. "

Don’t worry; you’re okay! There’s just transphobes here (not you) that seem to constantly want to be in trans peoples business despite how much they hate us

Manchester (she/her)

"To all my Trans Siblings, The Non-Binary Finery, Theydies and Gentlethems. I hope you all have a glorious day, week and beyond!"

I stand with my trans brothers and sisters.

Paradise, Herts

I deleted my comment when I realised I’d posted on the wrong thread. I would never have posted that on a positivity thread. My comment does however stand for the other thread which is now finished.

Don’t worry; you’re okay! There’s just transphobes here (not you) that seem to constantly want to be in trans peoples business despite how much they hate us "

Thanks. I’m definitely not a transphobe.

Just embarrassed I posted in the wrong thread! .

Don’t worry; you’re okay! There’s just transphobes here (not you) that seem to constantly want to be in trans peoples business despite how much they hate us

"

Don’t worry; I’ve done it before too

sedgemoor

"

We’ve all done it don’t worry about it

I'd love to witness the times change, when each and every one of us embrace our similarities rather than highlight our differences.

By *agneto.Man  over a year ago

Bham

"I'd love to witness the times change, when each and every one of us embrace our similarities rather than highlight our differences.

"

I know, me too. Seems even further away now with new labels being added daily.

By *ickshawedCouple  over a year ago

Wolverhampton

You have my support to be who you are. Live and let live

Birmingham

"I'd love to witness the times change, when each and every one of us embrace our similarities rather than highlight our differences.

"

Well, you'll be delighted to hear last week More in Common released one of the largest surveys to date into public attitudes to trans people, and most people advocate for trans rights or at worst in the 'live and let live' camp.

Eastbourne (she/they)

I know, me too. Seems even further away now with new labels being added daily. "

The problem is that what you have done here is claim to agree and then state something problematic (I am sure unintentionally)

Labels are not the problem, having labels is not a problem, it is when people take those labels and use them to attack people that the problems occur.

Finding the labels that were right for me gave me comfort, they allowed me to process my reality better.

More labels means there are more tools for people to find that same happiness and peace.

Manchester (she/her)

I know, me too. Seems even further away now with new labels being added daily.

The problem is that what you have done here is claim to agree and then state something problematic (I am sure unintentionally)

Labels are not the problem, having labels is not a problem, it is when people take those labels and use them to attack people that the problems occur.

Finding the labels that were right for me gave me comfort, they allowed me to process my reality better.

More labels means there are more tools for people to find that same happiness and peace."

I've found labels enormously helpful. The only people who seem to find them divisive are those that don't need them.

By *hetalkingstoveMan  over a year ago

London

Trans rights are human rights

"Trans rights are human rights "

Forever and always

By *tephTV67TV/TS  over a year ago

Cheshire

Well it’s Sparkle in Manchester village in a few weeks. Trans celebration weekend. So if you’re part of the community it’s a time to be open, out and proud.

By *al kalMan  over a year ago

london

It’s all about Respect.

Manchester (she/her)

"Trans rights are human rights

Forever and always "

By *tagandvixen200Couple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

"Trans rights are human rights "

Which rights do trans people not have?

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

This thread made me think of Rachel. I hope she's happy, whatever she's doing now

Which rights do trans people not have? "

The right to ensure that every other member of society sees them as they see themselves.

....awww, hawd oan a minute....none of us have that right.

Paradise, Herts

"This thread made me think of Rachel. I hope she's happy, whatever she's doing now

"

I miss Rachel. She spoke a lot of sense. One person I was happy to learn a lot from

Fareham

I have dated a few ‘trans’. The first Paula was a car sales…person. When I last spoke Paula was a guy in a dress feeling having felt previously pressurised by the ‘trans’ community to have surgery etc.

One story. One experience. But we don’t all see these things with a hive mind. Love and peace x

Oh and I loved Mel a Thai ladyboy. Should have married her/him whatever.. x

By *tagandvixen200Couple  over a year ago

Edinburgh

The right to ensure that every other member of society sees them as they see themselves.

....awww, hawd oan a minute....none of us have that right. "

It’s delusional lol.

....awww, hawd oan a minute....none of us have that right.

It’s delusional lol."

I need to think up a new name to call you...

By *ugby 123Couple  over a year ago
Forum Mod

O o O oo

Ok back to the OP instead of carrying on a disagreement from another thread

"I have dated a few ‘trans’. The first Paula was a car sales…person. When I last spoke Paula was a guy in a dress feeling having felt previously pressurised by the ‘trans’ community to have surgery etc.

One story. One experience. But we don’t all see these things with a hive mind. Love and peace x

Oh and I loved Mel a Thai ladyboy. Should have married her/him whatever.. x"

Actually, a lot of trans people welcome De transitioners with open arms. As long as they can respect us; we respect them. De-transitioners are often still active in the community and are welcome

Manchester (she/her)

"This thread made me think of Rachel. I hope she's happy, whatever she's doing now

"

Eastbourne (she/they)

In light of Trans Positivity:

14 facts about trans lives and rights (UK based)

1. Trans people have always been around.

2. Non-binary people have always existed.

3. Trans adults started off as trans children.

4. Trans people face high levels of harassment and discrimination.

5. There is a biological basis for gender identity.

6. There is more to sex and gender than XX and XY chromosomes.

7. Trans people aren’t all attracted to women.

8. Before 1971, trans people had some access to gender recognition.

9. Trans people without a gender recognition certificate are able to access single-sex spaces and services.

10. Trans people’s right to self-determination is grounded in international best practice.

11. Non-binary people’s access to legal gender recognition is grounded in international best practice.

12. There are very few trans people in UK prisons.

13. No openly trans person has ever won an Olympic medal.

14. Most trans people are happy that they transitioned.

google "14 facts about trans lives and trans rights." if you want to read the original article with sources and citations

Eastbourne (she/they)

"Actually, a lot of trans people welcome De transitioners with open arms. As long as they can respect us; we respect them. De-transitioners are often still active in the community and are welcome "

Absolutely and the number one reason for people detransitioning is not that they think they made the wrong decision, it is the backlash they received from people in their lives for living as a transperson

Manchester (she/her)

Oh for god's sake

Eastbourne (she/they)

As a Trans Woman I find it positive that my ability to access women only spaces is legally protected in the United Kingdom.

Even if a vocal minority wishes it were otherwise.

Manchester (she/her)

"As a Trans Woman I find it positive that my ability to access women only spaces is legally protected in the United Kingdom.

Even if a vocal minority wishes it were otherwise."

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

[Removed by poster at 19/06/22 21:01:20]

Paradise, Herts

[Removed by poster at 19/06/22 21:06:31]

Eastbourne (she/they)

"I would like to ask the mod who is in this thread, did you delete my post? "

I think the mods are deleting any of the posts not about the original topic after the post where the moderator asked people to return to the original topic... not sure if yours got caught in the crossfire

"No matter your opinion, I think coming onto a positivity thread especially during pride month and airing some of these comments is appalling and disrespectful. "

Totally agree. Just proves why we need pride month in the first place

Manchester (she/her)

"Actually, a lot of trans people welcome De transitioners with open arms. As long as they can respect us; we respect them. De-transitioners are often still active in the community and are welcome

Absolutely and the number one reason for people detransitioning is not that they think they made the wrong decision, it is the backlash they received from people in their lives for living as a transperson"

What a terrible thing to have to endure, to go through the process twice because your community are so outraged that you might live in the way that makes most sense to you

Eastbourne (she/they)

"Actually, a lot of trans people welcome De transitioners with open arms. As long as they can respect us; we respect them. De-transitioners are often still active in the community and are welcome

Absolutely and the number one reason for people detransitioning is not that they think they made the wrong decision, it is the backlash they received from people in their lives for living as a transperson

What a terrible thing to have to endure, to go through the process twice because your community are so outraged that you might live in the way that makes most sense to you"

yeah, some of them actually find better spaces that are accepting and become Re-Transitioners.

Manchester (she/her)

What a terrible thing to have to endure, to go through the process twice because your community are so outraged that you might live in the way that makes most sense to you

yeah, some of them actually find better spaces that are accepting and become Re-Transitioners."

Oh wow.

I just can't fathom the pain, the trauma, the torment... All of which is squarely on bigotry.

By *al kalMan  over a year ago

london

[Removed by poster at 19/06/22 21:12:00]

By *andyfloss2000Woman  over a year ago

ashford

"

Just a little trans positivity thread today! After my lesbian appreciation thread; a little trans positivity during pride month is needed!

Big shoutout to all trans people both on fab and off fab…we’re all incredible and I hope both you and I can continue to live our lives transphobia free!

TRANS PRIDE AND TRANS POWER "

Absoulutley!

[Removed by poster at 19/06/22 21:17:29]

Eastbourne (she/they)

A thought occurred to me and it definately made me happy as a Trans Woman.

Most transphobia stems from purity culture (the same culture that generates homophobia) which is a tool of the patriarchy to keep anyone but the rich and powerful at the top.

That same purity culture would by it's definition have less problems with us Trans people simply existing, than it would with any and all of the things people come to this site specifically to do...

I found it amusing anyway

Birmingham

"I didn't really read the other threads as literally just the opening post on the first one made me roll my eyes and go "nah, cba for this foolishness today".

But I will say that a by-product of fighting for social justice is this whole "us and them" divide that seems to have been created over the past few years. I'm a firm believer in just letting people be people, and only caring about whether their personality and morals align with mine, but sometimes I feel like certain communities are so tight knit because of their shared trauma from being stigmatised that I feel like I'm encroaching if I try to be an ally because I'm still a "them". If that makes sense?

For example I have a lot of friends that are part of the LGBTQ+ community and when I'm on nights out with them and we strike up conversations with strangers they'll sometimes ask what my sexuality is. Then when I say I'm straight I get the whole "oh but why are you at a gay bar?" thing (last time my friend saw it was about to happen and quickly went "oh she's straight but she's really cool, she just has fun anywhere").

"

It makes sense, and you have to do what's right for you. Good allies who are aware and supportive in whatever fashion is comfortable for them and doesn't take space from oppressed groups should always be welcome I'm any social justice movement though

By *eroLondonMan  over a year ago

Mayfair

I'm not fully cognisant or apprised of the spectrum of current terminologies around gender, sex (gametes, genitalia et al) and sexualities. I'm still learning.

But, whenever I am acquainted for the very first time with someone, some person, anyone, whomever, I am not averse to being told/informed about their distinction (when or where appropriate).

It's a non-issue for me and once the introduction is complete we can focus on the every day normal stuff such as laughter, debate, paying bills, drinking tea and wondering why toast always falls buttered side down....and celebrating Pride!

By *adyJayneWoman  over a year ago

Burnleyish (She/They)

"Good allies who are aware and supportive in whatever fashion is comfortable for them and doesn't take space from oppressed groups should always be welcome I'm any social justice movement though "

Yes completely

» Add a new message to this topic