FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Monkeypox

Monkeypox

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *einu2 OP   Man  over a year ago

Castledawson

Are any of you cross at the attack on the Gay and Bi community that they are the spreaders of Monkeypox when there is ZERO evidence to say that is the case.

Science has lost all credibility.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It was actually born from an egg on a mountain top FACT

By *yron69Man  over a year ago

Fareham

It’s the monkeys innit?

Saw one yesterday wiping its nose on the bus and coughing like an old hag. Glad when it got off at Banana Wharf.

I’m going ape shit!

By *ong-leggedblondWoman  over a year ago

Next Door

"I’m going ape shit!"

Go ape, might be less embarrassing

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

"Are any of you cross at the attack on the Gay and Bi community that they are the spreaders of Monkeypox when there is ZERO evidence to say that is the case.

Science has lost all credibility. "

What percentage of people with monkeypox are gay or bisexual men ?

By *rwhowhatwherewhyMan  over a year ago

Aylesbury

"Are any of you cross at the attack on the Gay and Bi community that they are the spreaders of Monkeypox when there is ZERO evidence to say that is the case.

Science has lost all credibility. "

I'm sorry, how has science lost credibility, when it's the media reporting it that are attacking these communities?

Science has lost all credibility.

I'm sorry, how has science lost credibility, when it's the media reporting it that are attacking these communities?"

Same question. Looks more like a case of news media and loud homophobes doing their thing.

WHO release :

https://www.who.int/news/item/25-05-2022-monkeypox--public-health-advice-for-gay--bisexual-and-other-men-who-have-sex-with-men

By *allySlinkyWoman  over a year ago

Leeds

" Looks more like a case of news media and loud homophobes doing their thing. "

Do you think the BBC are making it up when they said 99% of monkeypox cases are gay or bisexual men ?

It has a long ass incubation period, I’d bet they trace it back to some gay club or LGBTQ event where unfortunate people got together from all over and got infected all

At once. All sweaty and close up on a dance floor kinda thing

Relax monkey pox is media hype it's perfectly cureable.

By *inky_couple2020Couple  over a year ago

North West

"Relax monkey pox is media hype it's perfectly cureable."

*Requires citation*

"Relax monkey pox is media hype it's perfectly cureable.

*Requires citation*"

. Than get a smallpox vaccine.If you that worried.

Its pretty simple to be honest.

Monkey pox is mostly passed on by close contact. Gay/bi people have close contact with other gay/bi men, so the infection gets passed on. They dont have much contact with straight men, so they dont pass it on to straight men.

If it had been a wrestler that had started this whole thing, we might be saying that monkeypox is being spread by wrestlers grappling with each other.

Or if it were circulating amongst young people, we would say it was being spread by young people.

I dont think anyone is saying its because of their sexuality... monkey pox just happens to be circulating in that population.

North West

"Its pretty simple to be honest.

Monkey pox is mostly passed on by close contact. Gay/bi people have close contact with other gay/bi men, so the infection gets passed on. They dont have much contact with straight men, so they dont pass it on to straight men.

If it had been a wrestler that had started this whole thing, we might be saying that monkeypox is being spread by wrestlers grappling with each other.

Or if it were circulating amongst young people, we would say it was being spread by young people.

I dont think anyone is saying its because of their sexuality... monkey pox just happens to be circulating in that population. "

^^^What Fay said

By *ad NannaWoman  over a year ago

East London

I explained this to someone recently. If I had it and gave it to all my lovers would they be saying fat, middle aged, hetero women are spreading it.

Probably not.

I dont think anyone is saying its because of their sexuality... monkey pox just happens to be circulating in that population. "

exactly this. I haven’t seen any sensationalist “gay plague” headlines like with AIDS in the 80s.

But it’s a community at risk (not the only community, granted), so it makes sense to warn them.

East London

Exactly. One gay/bi man picked it up and unknowingly gave it to his gay/bi lovers, because *drum roll* that's who they had close contact with.

North West

"I explained this to someone recently. If I had it and gave it to all my lovers would they be saying fat, middle aged, hetero women are spreading it.

Probably not."

Probably wouldn't sensationalise in newspapers as much...

East London

"I explained this to someone recently. If I had it and gave it to all my lovers would they be saying fat, middle aged, hetero women are spreading it.

Probably not.

Probably wouldn't sensationalise in newspapers as much..."

Imagine the headlines being rather a damp squib.

Woman gives multiple men Monkey pox. *slut shaming *

By *ackformore100Man  over a year ago

Tin town

Well... Here we go again...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-62279436

WHO declares highest alert over monkeypox. Nothing to see here we've heard for 6 weeks... Only...

And from UKHSA..

"It shows that as of 21 July 2022, there were 2,208 confirmed cases in the UK. Of these, 2,115 are in England.

UKHSA has also published its fourth technical briefing on the ongoing monkeypox outbreak today. The briefing is based on figures from 20 July 2022. So far, the evidence suggests that transmission continues to occur primarily within interconnected sexual networks. Currently we are not seeing significant levels of transmission outside of these networks, but we continue to monitor for changes."

» Add a new message to this topic