FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Driving

Driving

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Hello people I need some experienced guys to feed me some information. Okay last I was on my first night shift and this afternoon I had my second driving lesson. A few times I lost contraction was doing too man errors and just under half hour mi instructor decided to abandon the lesson. Is he suppose to that? so if you were me would you carry on with the same instructor or what?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

*Many

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

Maybe he thought it was the safest option.

If your tired and unable to concentrate, you could easily kill people with around a TON of moving car.

Driving tired is as dangerous as driving after drinking.

If he felt that you were making the error due to tiredness, they yes, in my opinion he was very much right to abandon the lesson.

If you were unsafe, then yes he had every right to.

Even though you're driving, he's the responsible driver and will ultimately be.held to account if.you cause an accident.

You may not like it, but he did you a favour in the long run.

"Hello people I need some experienced guys to feed me some information. Okay last I was on my first night shift and this afternoon I had my second driving lesson. A few times I lost contraction was doing too man errors and just under half hour mi instructor decided to abandon the lesson. Is he suppose to that? so if you were me would you carry on with the same instructor or what? "

I think hes bang out of order. The lesson was paid for, and you were obviously a novice driver. If he didn't want to teach you, he should have refunded you. I certainly wouldn't be using thenm again

Bloody stupid if you need to ask the question its clear that if tired do not drive. Even more so if it was first late shift and unsure how tired you maybe.

Instructor was totally correct.

"Hello people I need some experienced guys to feed me some information. Okay last I was on my first night shift and this afternoon I had my second driving lesson. A few times I lost contraction was doing too man errors and just under half hour mi instructor decided to abandon the lesson. Is he suppose to that? so if you were me would you carry on with the same instructor or what?

I think hes bang out of order. The lesson was paid for, and you were obviously a novice driver. If he didn't want to teach you, he should have refunded you. I certainly wouldn't be using thenm again"

I pay £21 an hour and he only asked me to pay £10 which I thought was fair so I didn't pay the full charge really

By *coobyroo218Couple  over a year ago

Guernsey

Sounds to me like you have just learned a very valuable lesson early on in your driving, also by a person that knows a lot more than yourself.

If you are tired you make mistakes, not only in driving but everywhere, you do not think straight and things happen, driving is dangerous and it really it not a license to drive but a license to kill (OK you will never intend to but you could)

If he is a good instructor stay with him, he probably called the lesson to a halt because he cannot afford his car being off the road by someone not really fit to drive/learn

Have another lesson with him and see what happens.

"Hello people I need some experienced guys to feed me some information. Okay last I was on my first night shift and this afternoon I had my second driving lesson. A few times I lost contraction was doing too man errors and just under half hour mi instructor decided to abandon the lesson. Is he suppose to that? so if you were me would you carry on with the same instructor or what?

I think hes bang out of order. The lesson was paid for, and you were obviously a novice driver. If he didn't want to teach you, he should have refunded you. I certainly wouldn't be using thenm again

I pay £21 an hour and he only asked me to pay £10 which I thought was fair so I didn't pay the full charge really"

He was more than reasonable then. I'd have charged you for the full lesson. It wasn't his fault you were unfit to be on the road.

"If you were unsafe, then yes he had every right to.

Even though you're driving, he's the responsible driver and will ultimately be.held to account if.you cause an accident.

You may not like it, but he did you a favour in the long run."

maybe next time you will make sure that you are awake and not tired otherwise you are going to be wasting money for nothing. The other thing that concerns me is how dangerous you are going to be to other drivers and any passengers you carry if you pass your test and drive whilst half asleep

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

I think hes bang out of order. The lesson was paid for, and you were obviously a novice driver. If he didn't want to teach you, he should have refunded you. I certainly wouldn't be using thenm again"

Really??????

"A few times I lost contraction was doing too man errors"

Think you answered your own question there.

I can't say what the instructor was thinking, but I suspect it was either a case of you endangering yourself and or others, and he decided to abandon the lesson on safety grounds.

Did he/she explain why?

Or he could have been screwing you out of half a lesson.

My advice if you are not in a fit state to drive after lack of sleep then don't, it's better to cancel a lesson than have half of one

If the instructor does it again for no reason then I would find a new instructor.

Good luck with the lessons

maybe next time you will make sure that you are awake and not tired otherwise you are going to be wasting money for nothing. The other thing that concerns me is how dangerous you are going to be to other drivers and any passengers you carry if you pass your test and drive whilst half asleep "

Thanks for putting confidence in me lol nah I mean that's why its called a lesson aint it I'm there to learn and today I learnt a big lesson and lets be honest I know that instructor is not just after the money otherwise like other instructors he would charged me in full. But im never repeating that again!

Post where you drive so i and my family are not there lol.

"Hello people I need some experienced guys to feed me some information. Okay last I was on my first night shift and this afternoon I had my second driving lesson. A few times I lost contraction was doing too man errors and just under half hour mi instructor decided to abandon the lesson. Is he suppose to that? so if you were me would you carry on with the same instructor or what? "

i would respect that fact that he put yours and his safty first by stopping the lesson when you was to tried to drive

he could have just kept taking your money regardless, im sure he realises you may now go else where after what he did but despite this he did what he felt was best and safest for both of you

Im sure you must know doing a driving lesson after a night shift while your still tired isnt the best idea and i cant see what he did wrong to be honesy

Really??????"

I only asked the question to see people's opinion and obviously that's his opinion which I appreciate regardless if it good or bad

Really??????"

Yes really. Too cryptic for you?

"Post where you drive so i and my family are not there lol."

Hahaha good joke but ima keep it a secret for now lool

By *john121Man  over a year ago

staffs

I think you should think yourself lucky not to have had an RTA!

I wouldn't consider letting you back behind the wheel unless you can convince me you're in a fit state to drive.

I find it hard to believe that your own common sense would have prevented you from even asking the questions.

Sadly your grammar worries me that you won't be able to read or understand the Highway Code either or is it that you've just come off another night shift?

It's not just about teaching you how to change gear, reverse around a corner or emergency braking it's about keeping you and others safe out there!

Really??????

I only asked the question to see people's opinion and obviously that's his opinion which I appreciate regardless if it good or bad"

At no point in your post do I see any mention of tiredness. Everyone has assumed, as you work nights. I assume you go to bed after work, (as I would) then got up later for your lesson. My first thought of 'contraction', was 'traction', ie slipping the clutch, as it was closer to writ, than 'concentration'. Why is it assumed night workers sleep all day?

evesham

Really??????

Yes really. Too cryptic for you?"

Too something for m. We are taught nit to drive if we are tired. The op admitted to making mistakes. As a driving instructor the guy has a duty of care to the op and to other road users. If he felt that it was to dangerous to continue the lesson then he should stop it.

What would your pearls of wisdom be if the op ended it with 'after I hit the child I didn't see because I lost concentration, my instructor stopped the lesson'?

Refer you to the post above

evesham

Really??????

I only asked the question to see people's opinion and obviously that's his opinion which I appreciate regardless if it good or bad

At no point in your post do I see any mention of tiredness. Everyone has assumed, as you work nights. I assume you go to bed after work, (as I would) then got up later for your lesson. My first thought of 'contraction', was 'traction', ie slipping the clutch, as it was closer to writ, than 'concentration'. Why is it assumed night workers sleep all day?"

And what about the many errors he was making? Can't just pick.one word out!

evesham

"Refer you to the post above"

Refer you to the post above

I think you should think yourself lucky not to have had an RTA!

I wouldn't consider letting you back behind the wheel unless you can convince me you're in a fit state to drive.

I find it hard to believe that your own common sense would have prevented you from even asking the questions.

Sadly your grammar worries me that you won't be able to read or understand the Highway Code either or is it that you've just come off another night shift?

It's not just about teaching you how to change gear, reverse around a corner or emergency braking it's about keeping you and others safe out there!"

We got an English teacher here lol talking about my grammar for your own information I passed my theory the first time so im pretty I can understand english dont you think anyways thanks for your feedback!

To be fair, 2nd driving lesson, I would expect a host of errors. Car is dual control, and I personally wouldn't take a pupil anywhere but an industrial estate on a second lesson

"Post where you drive so i and my family are not there lol.

Hahaha good joke but ima keep it a secret for now lool"

Ooooooh, let me guess.... hang on..... can see the mists clearing now...... could it be somewhere near.... DERBY?

By *he Ring WraithMan  over a year ago

Bradford

Interesting thread... for me its simple

1. You were tired and you kept losing concentration.

2. You dont learn well when you are tired so what were you gaining from the lesson.

3. Would you want to sit next to someone who was driving a car when they were tired ?

I think he was right, and i think he was more resposible than carrying on with the lesson.

If you had failed to react and hit a pedestrian and (god forbid) killed them you would be looking at causing death by careless driving and prison and SO would your instructor ... he had no choice.

Its your choice if you go for more lessons with him, depends who you think was in the right and who in the wrong.

Doesnt matter what posters in here think, it matters what YOU think about your instructor now.

good luck with the driving it is something that seems easy once you can do it.... but we all learned at some point so we know what its like

"Post where you drive so i and my family are not there lol.

Hahaha good joke but ima keep it a secret for now lool

Ooooooh, let me guess.... hang on..... can see the mists clearing now...... could it be somewhere near.... DERBY?

"

Yuppie it sure is hahaa

By *coobyroo218Couple  over a year ago

Guernsey

"To be fair, 2nd driving lesson, I would expect a host of errors. Car is dual control, and I personally wouldn't take a pupil anywhere but an industrial estate on a second lesson"

No where has he mentioned what the errors where though, could have been a lot more serious than a stall and not checking a mirror, it could have been that the instructor had to use the dual controls on more than on occasion.

"Interesting thread... for me its simple

1. You were tired and you kept losing concentration.

2. You dont learn well when you are tired so what were you gaining from the lesson.

3. Would you want to sit next to someone who was driving a car when they were tired ?

I think he was right, and i think he was more resposible than carrying on with the lesson.

If you had failed to react and hit a pedestrian and (god forbid) killed them you would be looking at causing death by careless driving and prison and SO would your instructor ... he had no choice.

Its your choice if you go for more lessons with him, depends who you think was in the right and who in the wrong.

Doesnt matter what posters in here think, it matters what YOU think about your instructor now.

good luck with the driving it is something that seems easy once you can do it.... but we all learned at some point so we know what its like "

Thank you for what erm to be honest I was the one who was wrong not him!and its a lesson learned never drive if you're tired!

"

"

Bit harsh

lots of peoples grammar is much better than they use on here, and if need to they could use it corrrectly

for instance im well awear that last paragraph should have started with a capital letter and ended with a full stop

but this is a swinging site forum im not sending e mails out at work so i really dont care

All because i choose to put quick messages up on here that offen dont use correct grammar or punctuation that does not mean i don't know how to use it if needed and im sure lots of other people do the same. full stop

How about if the OP had been incapable through drinking or taking drugs?

For someone on their second lesson ANY impairment is going to have a huge impact on their safety.

It's dangerous for experienced drivers to drive when their concentration is impaired and that goes ten-fold for someone on their second lesson.

As for the alcohol/drugs comment, it is illegal to drive when in an unfit state (which in the professional opinion of the instructor the OP was), so it's absolutely relevant.

Driving is a privilege, not a right. The driving instructor is responsible for making sure a student isn't dangerous on the road. The OP clearly was.

I would not want to take the responsibility for a dangerous driver and I don't blame the driving instructor for feeling the same way.

"

Bit harsh

lots of peoples grammar is much better than they use on here, and if need to they could use it corrrectly

for instance im well awear that last paragraph should have started with a capital letter and ended with a full stop

but this is a swinging site forum im not sending e mails out at work so i really dont care

All because i choose to put quick messages up on here that offen dont use correct grammar or punctuation that does not mean i don't know how to use it if needed and im sure lots of other people do the same. full stop "

Exactly!thank you someone with some sense here any in all fairness he probably thought it was an Email lol. Never mind I will check my grammar next time.

"To be fair, 2nd driving lesson, I would expect a host of errors. Car is dual control, and I personally wouldn't take a pupil anywhere but an industrial estate on a second lesson"

surely it depends why the errors was made, if its because your new to driving im sure any instructor will understand that, if the learner is obviously tired then thats another matter

"Maybe he thought it was the safest option.

If your tired and unable to concentrate, you could easily kill people with around a TON of moving car. If you were unsafe, then yes he had every right to.

You may not like it, but he did you a favour in the long run."

[Removed by poster at 10/11/12 16:45:47]

How far in advance are your shift rotas?? if you have a schedule of weeks rotation ahead you could plan your lessons around your shifts that suit your alertness..

I appreciate the difficulty of shifts from many years ago... Long term planning is the key here as your instructor sounds a decent person.

By *abioMan  over a year ago

Newcastle and Gateshead

it is honestly up to you.... i was in that situation a few days before my test where i was honestly having a shocker.... it just felt like nothing was going in, and I was making stupid mistakes...

I was in no frame to be driving... so my instucture just stopped the lesson for 15 minutes and gave me time to work out if i wanted to continue that day, and get it together....

felt a lot better after that... and looking back i understand exactly why he did it......

it is honestly up to you.... i was in that situation a few days before my test where i was honestly having a shocker.... it just felt like nothing was going in, and I was making stupid mistakes...

I was in no frame to be driving... so my instucture just stopped the lesson for 15 minutes and gave me time to work out if i wanted to continue that day, and get it together....

felt a lot better after that... and looking back i understand exactly why he did it...... "

Yeah man I understood where his coming from although at point he told me I was like what the fuck with a lot confusion in my mind but hey I sure wont be repeating that again.Thanks mate

you should have paid full price as he gave you a good lesson hope you learnt from it

staffs

"To be fair, 2nd driving lesson, I would expect a host of errors. Car is dual control, and I personally wouldn't take a pupil anywhere but an industrial estate on a second lesson

surely it depends why the errors was made, if its because your new to driving im sure any instructor will understand that, if the learner is obviously tired then thats another matter"

New to driving is all part of being an instructor, putting others lives at risk because you're to tired is your own.

Some people believe they have a right to drive and don't give a shit about others on the roads and if you can't see or understand why the lesson came to an end then should you be behind the wheel in the first place?

I'm positive the instructor would explain exactly why he stopped the lesson.

Yes there are dual controls but its not just about balancing the clutch or selecting the correct gear. Observation is the key factor and if you're tired,on drink or drugs or distracted by your mobile or iplayer ask yourself shit! did I just knock Bradley Wiggins of his bike?

maybe next time you will make sure that you are awake and not tired otherwise you are going to be wasting money for nothing. The other thing that concerns me is how dangerous you are going to be to other drivers and any passengers you carry if you pass your test and drive whilst half asleep

Thanks for putting confidence in me lol nah I mean that's why its called a lesson aint it I'm there to learn and today I learnt a big lesson and lets be honest I know that instructor is not just after the money otherwise like other instructors he would charged me in full. But im never repeating that again! "

A wise decision by your instructor.

If you had hit another vehicle or a person, it would have lost you, your confidence as a driver and the instructor his livelyhood and occupation.

The saving grace was the fact the instructor saw the signs and put a stop to the lesson and saved anything bad happening.

Good luck with future lessons and driving, you never stop learning behind the wheel.

staffs

[Removed by poster at 11/11/12 10:28:49]

staffs

Think of your DI as a spell checker, it's there to help make sure you put together a coherent sentence so it's easy to understand what it is you're trying to say.

If you can't be bothered to use it because of tiredness or other factors; then is it wise to start writing at that time?

Driving isn't just about getting from A - B it's about all of those factors that assist you to get from A - B.

Your own state of mind/Well-being being at the head of all of the factors.

You have to be able to judge if other road users or pedestrians/situations are a hazard to you as well as are you to them.

Of course accidents happen that's why they are called accidents, but your role is to minimise the risk. Your DI was minimising the risk by stoping the lesson and you hopefully have learned one of the most important about self and others preservation.

You should thank him/her and hope they're prepared to continue to coach/teach you.

Driving is a privilege, do it safely.

Oh and use spell checker!

By *etanreadyCouple  over a year ago

dover

Im a night shift hgv driver, i have found that later in the week i am more alert, simply because you have got used to your shift and yes im afraid the instructor was right to stop your lesson

» Add a new message to this topic