By *john121 OP   Man  over a year ago

staffs

Should Newsnight now be taken off air?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

No!

never watch it, hate paxman, hes very argumentative.

the recent program does show how careful the press should be, they can so easily ruin someones life.

but no it shouldnt be taken off the air, love it or hate it we need a free press.

staffs

I suppose I should add please give your reasons why...

staffs

"never watch it, hate paxman, hes very argumentative.

the recent program does show how careful the press should be, they can so easily ruin someones life.

but no it shouldnt be taken off the air, love it or hate it we need a free press."

Def need a free press but shouldn't it be a responsible and accurate one?

"never watch it, hate paxman, hes very argumentative.

but no it shouldnt be taken off the air, love it or hate it we need a free press.

Def need a free press but shouldn't it be a responsible and accurate one?"

yes but regulation isnt the way to go, let the gov get involved then we will never hear the truth again, anyone who has been to the usa will understand what i mean

No dont take Newsnight off air, but heavily fine them.

(and give paxman a slap, just for being a smug bastard!! lol)

Im hoping the fact that the programme has now got such negative publicity they will think twice before broadcasting such sloppy journalism again!!

The days of good investagative jounalisim seem, sadly, to be at an end. A couple of things worry me on this issue. Before starting the clammer for the head of a senior (ex) politician perhaps they should have shown the abuse victim(s) some pictures as a starting point to confirm the allegation which we now know is untrue. Secondly who is auditing these "journalists"? They seem to be running around creating the news rather than reporting it.

I am not one for enquiries lord knows, we the tax payer, are probably fed up with paying for them and lawyers making out like bandits but these issues are serious and if there was organised abuse of children in what ever decade the police should undertake a full and propert investigation and those accused brought before a jury. Additionally if the BBC had a culture of knowingly allowing so called celebrities to use their power and position to abuse children then they also should be brought before a jury.

The victims in this shameful episode seem secondary to Paxman, Newsnight and the Beeb which is a travisty.

Seems to me when a Tory MP goes on a reality TV programme to gain "exposure" it sums up the society we live in which is goverend by sensationalisim.

» Add a new message to this topic