FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Tom Cruise

Tom Cruise

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *ayjay218 OP   Man  over a year ago

Aberdeen

Can't believe Tom Cruise is going to play Jack Reacher on screen. Also they are calling the film Jack Reacher and not One Shot which is the book title.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

Who's Jack Reacher? Have I got a rival?

By *Ryan-Man  over a year ago

In Your Bush

Yea it's ridiculous. Bloody short arse lol

Aberdeen

"Yea it's ridiculous. Bloody short arse lol"
Yes about a foot too short and a 100lbs too light.

Aberdeen

"Who's Jack Reacher? Have I got a rival? "
He is a character in a series of books by Lee Child

By *ackandkateCouple  over a year ago

Truro

"Who's Jack Reacher? Have I got a rival? He is a character in a series of books by Lee Child

"

He's a big fucker if he's a foot and 100lbs bigger than me. That'd make him 7ft tall and 320lb

By *aceytopWoman  over a year ago

from a town near you

iv read every jack reacher book and heard about this a year ago i thought it was a joke

no way is he jack reacher,Lee Child must have been offered a shit load of money to accept this,i think he sold out

Aberdeen

"iv read every jack reacher book and heard about this a year ago i thought it was a joke

no way is he jack reacher,Lee Child must have been offered a shit load of money to accept this,i think he sold out"

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

seen the trailer.it just looks wrong.

By *edangel_2013Woman  over a year ago

southend

I can't stand Tom Cruise. He's a weenie skinny little short arse, with an annoying grin, regardless of which part he plays. Just watching Mission Impossible because I told my flatmate I hadn't seen it. Might have been a good film if it hadn't been for him!

In Your Bush

"iv read every jack reacher book and heard about this a year ago i thought it was a joke

no way is he jack reacher,Lee Child must have been offered a shit load of money to accept this,i think he sold out"

Have you got the new one Lacey?

Yes, I was rather miffed by this casting too. What's the point of establishing a character in books and then getting someone so inappropriate to play them on film?

It's like Dolph Lundgren playing an Oompah Loompah.

Tom Cruise is more Jack Can't Quite Reacher.

Hold on a cotton pickin' minute - Is this a rant I see before me?

from a town near you

no way is he jack reacher,Lee Child must have been offered a shit load of money to accept this,i think he sold out

Have you got the new one Lacey?"

its on order should be here next week cant wait,if youv read it dont tell me

In Your Bush

Have you got the new one Lacey?its on order should be here next week cant wait,if youv read it dont tell me "

No. I'm the same as you, read all the others

By *reelove1969Couple  over a year ago

bristol

cant stand tom cruise full stop ..so will be skipping this for sure

from a town near you

Have you got the new one Lacey?its on order should be here next week cant wait,if youv read it dont tell me

No. I'm the same as you, read all the others"

so after reading em what do you think of a midget playing reacher

In Your Bush

"

No. I'm the same as you, read all the othersso after reading em what do you think of a midget playing reacher "

I think it will be disappointing. But to be honest I think that of all films if I have read the book 1st.

"

No. I'm the same as you, read all the othersso after reading em what do you think of a midget playing reacher

I think it will be disappointing. But to be honest I think that of all films if I have read the book 1st. "

You should try watching True Blood having followed the books for a few years first.

from a town near you

"

No. I'm the same as you, read all the othersso after reading em what do you think of a midget playing reacher

I think it will be disappointing. But to be honest I think that of all films if I have read the book 1st.

You should try watching True Blood having followed the books for a few years first."

i must admit i rarely watch a film if iv read the book,im almost always disappointed

In Your Bush

"

You should try watching True Blood having followed the books for a few years first."

Why ? Is that the same or the opposite ?

Maybe the rest of the cast and all the extras will be dwarves??

Sorry - "more vertically challenged than Tom" !!

Maybe the rest of the cast and all the extras will be dwarves??

Sorry - "more vertically

challenged than Tom" !! "

Lmfao

sits on coffin

"

You should try watching True Blood having followed the books for a few years first.

Why ? Is that the same or the opposite ?"

The books existed way before the TV series. The TV series is good but follows the books so loosely it's ridiculous. Having read the books spoils the series to an extent.

In Your Bush

"

Why ? Is that the same or the opposite ?

The books existed way before the TV series. The TV series is good but follows the books so loosely it's ridiculous. Having read the books spoils the series to an extent."

Ah same old story then

I'd do Tom Cruise

(ducks and gets a tin hat on)

"I'd do Tom Cruise

(ducks and gets a tin hat on)"

You'd need to duck with that short arse!

By *uffinCouple  over a year ago

Chichester

I am in lust with Jack Reacher....but NOT Tom Cruise!

"I'd do Tom Cruise

(ducks and gets a tin hat on)

You'd need to duck with that short arse! "

We're all the same height lying down though...

"Yes, I was rather miffed by this casting too. What's the point of establishing a character in books and then getting someone so inappropriate to play them on film?

"

Im so glad other people on here feel the same way as I do!!

I was gutted when I read earlier this year that Tom Cruise was playing Reacher.

I always pictured someone like Harrison Ford or Tom Hardy when reading the books.

You just know with Cruise's influence over the studios he is also going to dick around with the plot as well.

I imagine Jack Reacher is now going to be extremely well dressed, with his own loft apartment, and top of the range sports car. He will also be sporting all the latest 'bond' esque gadgets too, and kicking ass like a bloody ninja!!!

For those people who might go and see the film and havent read the books.... The character of Jack Reacher, is an ex military police. Who is built like a brick outhouse. Good with his fists. And basically just roams from place to place carrying the bare minimum of 'stuff'.

Righting wrongs that he stumbles into!

Not flash, just mean!!!

Shame on you Lee Childs

Tom Cruise has the acting range of Jack Black....none. He is so wooden he uses Ronseal for aftershave. He plays Tom Cruise in everything.

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

He'll be great in The Hobbit though...

Still have to stand on a box though.

By *emmefataleWoman  over a year ago

dirtybigbadsgirlville

Does anyone know if the author wrote the screenplay or just sold the rights to the studios?

In Your Bush

"Does anyone know if the author wrote the screenplay or just sold the rights to the studios? "

I assume he sold the rights. I would be surprised if he had any say in the cast

I have never read any of the Reacher books, but the OH loves them. I can't say whether Cruise is right or wrong for the role, but appreciate the sentiment as this is how felt about Craig becoming Bond

Aberdeen

"Yes, I was rather miffed by this casting too. What's the point of establishing a character in books and then getting someone so inappropriate to play them on film?

Im so glad other people on here feel the same way as I do!!

I was gutted when I read earlier this year that Tom Cruise was playing Reacher.

I always pictured someone like Harrison Ford or Tom Hardy when reading the books.

You just know with Cruise's influence over the studios he is also going to dick around with the plot as well.

I imagine Jack Reacher is now going to be extremely well dressed, with his own loft apartment, and top of the range sports car. He will also be sporting all the latest 'bond' esque gadgets too, and kicking ass like a bloody ninja!!!

For those people who might go and see the film and havent read the books.... The character of Jack Reacher, is an ex military police. Who is built like a brick outhouse. Good with his fists. And basically just roams from place to place carrying the bare minimum of 'stuff'.

Righting wrongs that he stumbles into!

Not flash, just mean!!!

Shame on you Lee Childs "

Never really thought about who to play him but Tom Hardy would be a good choice i think. I would say Vince Vaughn would look the part but not sure if he could play a serios role

» Add a new message to this topic