FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Hypocrisy

Hypocrisy

Jump to: Newest in thread

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

I did have a little chuckle to myself when recently looking at the profile of someone being rather judgmental, in a forum feed, of another users choices. The profile quite clearly stated that they were playing away from home but no one had the right to judge them for it!

So my question is what double standards make you chuckle, angry etc? (Doesn't have to be fab related).

Ellie x.

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *ouple in LancashireCouple  over a year ago

in Lancashire

'were all in it together'...

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I had a user contact me and then had a right go at me for not being able to accomadate and really being intrusive as to why if I was genuinely single I must be able to accomadate... I got accussed of being married, etc.. It was a lengthy message too... She would not believe that some people have genuine reasons for not accomadating and what made me more insense at the time is that I have stated the reason, when I checked their profile,, yes you guessed it they couldn't accomadate either lol... They were soon blocked!!

By *atisfy janeWoman  over a year ago

Torquay

Stick around....you will see plenty of it

Just read a profile said "must have public face pics of both of you to get a reply". Yup, you guessed it, no face pics on theirs.

The one that used to get me was my parents saying, "do as I say not as I do." Really got me wound up.

By *njustifiablybannedCouple  over a year ago

Here

"The one that used to get me was my parents saying, "do as I say not as I do." Really got me wound up.

"

I recall that one, along with them telling me not to smoke, as they smoked the cigs they had taken off me.... if only I had listened!!

"Just read a profile said "must have public face pics of both of you to get a reply". Yup, you guessed it, no face pics on theirs."

That's the one that tickles me the most

People who critise the way I bring up my children, whos own children are really behaved

By *phroditeWoman  over a year ago

(She/ her) in Sensualityland

I just think that a lot of the time people are actually unaware of their own double standards. Perspectives change with time and age, vary and depend on a specific situation and the resulting "contradictions" are just a reflection of that sometimes.

"I just think that a lot of the time people are actually unaware of their own double standards. Perspectives change with time and age, vary and depend on a specific situation and the resulting "contradictions" are just a reflection of that sometimes."

I agree as people grow up, try things later on in life that they balked at when young

By *empting Devil.Woman  over a year ago

Sheffield

"I had a user contact me and then had a right go at me for not being able to accomadate and really being intrusive as to why if I was genuinely single I must be able to accomadate... I got accussed of being married, etc.. It was a lengthy message too... She would not believe that some people have genuine reasons for not accomadating and what made me more insense at the time is that I have stated the reason, when I checked their profile,, yes you guessed it they couldn't accomadate either lol... They were soon blocked!! "

I have found that the guys who push me to accommodate are the attached ones! They are also the ones who are not prepared to meet for coffee in a public place first - even though my profile clearly states that that is a must.

People are always entitled totheir preferences and opinions (talking fab here!)

But they should also realise they leave themselves wide open when comments in forums, or the messages they send others contradict what they themselves have typed in their profiles!

Makes me chuckle sometimes! I don't let it bother me - but do find it amusing!!

"Partys are'nt my thing or the group thing".

2weeks later, "wooh what a great party i was at,all those guys too" ?? lol

By *rightonsteveMan  over a year ago

Brighton - even Hove!

Def the 'no pics no meet' type of profiles who don't have their own pics.

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

[Removed by poster at 08/11/12 22:36:33]

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

when celebrity is mentioned, the press & popular TV.

it's a hoot

"The one that used to get me was my parents saying, "do as I say not as I do." Really got me wound up.

"

I say that to my kids lol

Cali

By *iss_tressWoman  over a year ago

London

I'm a parent: being a hypocrite with double standards is de rigure.

I had no shame telling my kids they shouldn't meet people of the internet as there are some unsavoury people around.

"I'm a parent: being a hypocrite with double standards is de rigure.

I had no shame telling my kids they shouldn't meet people of the internet as there are some unsavoury people around. "

Bet you struggled to keep a straight face lol

I had no shame telling my kids they shouldn't meet people of the internet as there are some unsavoury people around. "

Is that double standards though? How old were your kids when you told them that?

Is it double standards to apply different rules to younger people with less experience of life than to people with more life experience?

London

I had no shame telling my kids they shouldn't meet people of the internet as there are some unsavoury people around.

Bet you struggled to keep a straight face lol "

Nope...I had my "mum face" on.

London

Is that double standards though? How old were your kids when you told them that?

Is it double standards to apply different rules to younger people with less experience of life than to people with more life experience?"

All old enough to be on here, at 21, 25 and 29: ages I'd never meet but loads would, so yes, telling adults not to meet of the internet makes me a big, fat hypocrite.

By (user no longer on site) OP     over a year ago

Is it double standards to apply different rules to younger people with less experience of life than to people with more life experience?

All old enough to be on here, at 21, 25 and 29: ages I'd never meet but loads would, so yes, telling adults not to meet of the internet makes me a big, fat hypocrite. "

Or maybe just a loving mum. My parents always told me not to lie and then told me that Father Christmas brought me presents and a certain fairy gave me money in exchange for my teeth. Yes lies but so I would have some magic in my life lol. Ellie x.

I'm hypocritical at times, and I'm judgemental too. I think the majority of us are.

I would be aghast if my son ever mentioned swinging clubs. I know he wouldn't as he's so besotted and in love with his fiancee, but I would be disgusted if women in their 40s were trying it on with my son. I think that's why a lot of older women won't meet very young men as they feel uneasy.

All of us are hypocritical about things. I don't give in to demands of others on here and I don't let peoples double standards bother me really.

London

All old enough to be on here, at 21, 25 and 29: ages I'd never meet but loads would, so yes, telling adults not to meet of the internet makes me a big, fat hypocrite.

Or maybe just a loving mum. My parents always told me not to lie and then told me that Father Christmas brought me presents and a certain fairy gave me money in exchange for my teeth. Yes lies but so I would have some magic in my life lol. Ellie x."

A nicer way of looking at it, but double standards nonetheless.

By *izzy RascallMan  over a year ago

Cardiff

The profiles saying must have a face pic to contact them, when they don't themselves.

London

"I'm hypocritical at times, and I'm judgemental too. I think the majority of us are.

I would be aghast if my son ever mentioned swinging clubs. I know he wouldn't as he's so besotted and in love with his fiancee, but I would be disgusted if women in their 40s were trying it on with my son. I think that's why a lot of older women won't meet very young men as they feel uneasy.

All of us are hypocritical about things. I don't give in to demands of others on here and I don't let peoples double standards bother me really.

"

Are couples that go to swinging clubs not besotted and in love then?!!

I know what you mean I'd be horrified if a 52 year old man made advances towards my 21 year old, so I wouldn't be looking to play with a 21 year old...(((shudders))).

No it was a bad choice of words on my part.

what I meant was that both of them are wrapped up in their own young love and I'd imagine not into sharing. They also tend to mix with their own age group.

I was the same at that age and there's no way I would have been swinging whilst in the throes of first young love. I believe you need to grow and bond together as a couple exclusively before you allow others into your sex life.

» Add a new message to this topic