FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Club photography event

Club photography event

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *heirry84 OP   Man  over a year ago

Midlands

Hey all,

Before the first lockdown I was planning to go to a photography event that's held in a club. Dies anyone know clubs that offer this? Can't for the life of me remember which club does this. I thought it was townhouse but i can't see anything on their website.

Looking to start a photo documentary project on swingers and figured this would be a great place to start. Want somewhere I can use their location and meet models. Have all my own lighting kit so more about the venue. Any help remembering would be appreciated.

Also, hit me up if you're interested in modelling and want to see work. Have to warn you though I'm looking for a story more than a standard boudoir or editorial shoot.

TIA

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *alandNitaCouple  over a year ago

Scunthorpe

I think that most clubs are happy to rent out their spaces, outside of normal club opening times. beyond that you would likely need to organise "models" to be in your photos. Having photos taken in a normal club environment would be to much risk for many people's privacy.

Cal

Midlands

"I think that most clubs are happy to rent out their spaces, outside of normal club opening times. beyond that you would likely need to organise "models" to be in your photos. Having photos taken in a normal club environment would be to much risk for many people's privacy.

Cal"

Thanks for getting back to me. There is a club who specifically put on an event for photographers to meet models. They also let you use their venue to take images in. I was all primed to go before the two year lay off. Can't for the life of me remember the club now.

I would love access to do a documentary project in a club on a normal night but there would be so many issues around model and venue releases, I'm much more interested in focusing on the narrative of the people rather than the club

Midlands

For some reason I keep thinking it was a club up north....

By *oolkoupleCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire

"Hey all,

Before the first lockdown I was planning to go to a photography event that's held in a club. Dies anyone know clubs that offer this? Can't for the life of me remember which club does this. I thought it was townhouse but i can't see anything on their website.

Looking to start a photo documentary project on swingers and figured this would be a great place to start. Want somewhere I can use their location and meet models. Have all my own lighting kit so more about the venue. Any help remembering would be appreciated.

Also, hit me up if you're interested in modelling and want to see work. Have to warn you though I'm looking for a story more than a standard boudoir or editorial shoot.

TIA"

It is Townhouse, the event is called Focus I think and takes place every few months.

Midlands

"Hey all,

TIA

It is Townhouse, the event is called Focus I think and takes place every few months."

Excellent! Thanks very much! Thought it may be a thing of the past as there are nothing yet in their events section. Great to hear it's still going

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"Hey all,

TIA

It is Townhouse, the event is called Focus I think and takes place every few months.

Excellent! Thanks very much! Thought it may be a thing of the past as there are nothing yet in their events section. Great to hear it's still going"

Focus sounds interesting might take a look.

I’m a street & travel photographer but have done a little bit of portrait, glamour and kink.

I work with models I know already and like to do shoots in abandoned buildings. Light can be a problem, I’ve use a tripod and the manfrotto pro geared head, cable release etc so can slow things down quite a bit but still need more light and typically there’s no power for charging or connecting studio lights, any tips ? I use a GX7 4/3 for convenience and 45mm fast portrait lense.

Would be open to you joining a shoot we do

, myself & model would need to meet first and must have full say in which shots you can use in your project. Pm me if interested.

By *harpDressed ManMan  over a year ago

Here occasionally, but mostly somewhere else

I'm slightly confused. Is this a project about swingers or models?

Or only swingers that look like models?

By *oolkoupleCouple  over a year ago

Cheshire

"Hey all,

TIA

Excellent! Thanks very much! Thought it may be a thing of the past as there are nothing yet in their events section. Great to hear it's still going"

No problem. The next one is in August - details on the events calendar on their website.

Midlands

"Hey all,

TIA

Excellent! Thanks very much! Thought it may be a thing of the past as there are nothing yet in their events section. Great to hear it's still going

Focus sounds interesting might take a look.

I’m a street & travel photographer but have done a little bit of portrait, glamour and kink.

I work with models I know already and like to do shoots in abandoned buildings. Light can be a problem, I’ve use a tripod and the manfrotto pro geared head, cable release etc so can slow things down quite a bit but still need more light and typically there’s no power for charging or connecting studio lights, any tips ? I use a GX7 4/3 for convenience and 45mm fast portrait lense.

Would be open to you joining a shoot we do

, myself & model would need to meet first and must have full say in which shots you can use in your project. Pm me if interested. "

Ahh excellent! Sounds like we focus on some of the same subject matter.

I find that battery power lighting is the way to go. I've got 2 honeybadger unleashed hss strobes that do the job quite nicely. I also use multiple exposures withe these style shoots. So I will take the shot with camera on a tripod and get the correct exposure on the model. Then move them out the frame and take a couple of images of just the background so I can merge them later. I also have done this with multiple exposures to create a hdr. I find the hdr aesthetic works really well with abandoned spaces.

Yes that would be something I'm interested in depending on date and location.

Midlands

"Hey all,

TIA

No problem. The next one is in August - details on the events calendar on their website."

Must have missed that on the website. Thanks will check now

Midlands

"I'm slightly confused. Is this a project about swingers or models?

Or only swingers that look like models?"

Think it's photographic jargon that is confusing you... i call all those who model for me a model. It saves me calling them the subject, which I find more impersonal. I'm not talking about modelling as a profession

By *rHotNottsMan  over a year ago

Dubai & Nottingham

"I'm slightly confused. Is this a project about swingers or models?

Or only swingers that look like models?

Think it's photographic jargon that is confusing you... i call all those who model for me a model. It saves me calling them the subject, which I find more impersonal. I'm not talking about modelling as a profession"

It’s much more than model or subject. I love this quote …Germaine Greer of all people!

A muse's job is to penetrate the male artist and bring forth a work from the womb of his mind

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

I attended on of these events years ago as a model. Essentially you let them know you were going - either as a photographer or potential model (I’d suggest calling the club for the next date/event as they’re no longer on fab). Some photographers took their own models - others took pics of us - the regulars. Photographers and potential models discussed the shots wanted, whether faces could be used, whether they could go online etc etc.

I enjoyed the event and still have a few of the pics on my profile.

Midlands

"I attended on of these events years ago as a model. Essentially you let them know you were going - either as a photographer or potential model (I’d suggest calling the club for the next date/event as they’re no longer on fab). Some photographers took their own models - others took pics of us - the regulars. Photographers and potential models discussed the shots wanted, whether faces could be used, whether they could go online etc etc.

I enjoyed the event and still have a few of the pics on my profile. "

Thanks for the information! That's really helpful!

So hope you don't mind a couple of questions.... do you get access to the whole club? If so, are there any themed rooms? Are there many 'regulars' that go?

Thanks in advance

By *ust PeachyWoman  over a year ago

Prestonish

"I attended on of these events years ago as a model. Essentially you let them know you were going - either as a photographer or potential model (I’d suggest calling the club for the next date/event as they’re no longer on fab). Some photographers took their own models - others took pics of us - the regulars. Photographers and potential models discussed the shots wanted, whether faces could be used, whether they could go online etc etc.

I enjoyed the event and still have a few of the pics on my profile.

Thanks for the information! That's really helpful!

So hope you don't mind a couple of questions.... do you get access to the whole club? If so, are there any themed rooms? Are there many 'regulars' that go?

Thanks in advance "

I’ve not been for years so it may have changed since but:

Yes we got access to the whole club (from what I recall)

There’s a function area with a pole and st Andrew’s cross (or was pre lockdown anyway - that’s when I last went) - a Moroccan room - a doctor/dentists room - a decently equipped dungeon and the usual nondescript play rooms. Vicky will be able to tell you more if you give them a call.

Re those who go - it’s years since I went so I’ve no idea I’m afraid.

If it’s at least a couple of months hence when I’m nearer to my weight goal though I may go along myself.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

It is Townhouse. Focus runs every two months. This weekend just passed was one such event. They advertise on the site that shall not be named, so it is still an ongoing thing.

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

I enjoyed the event and still have a few of the pics on my profile. "

Gutted to have missed out on that.

Midlands

Thanks all! Especially Peachy! The information is much appreciated. Will have to start making plans for two months then. Hopefully the start of a beautiful project. Please feel free to get in contact if you are also attending

By *inky Biscuit DunkerMan  over a year ago

Gloucestershire

Out of curiosity

Is this project just a personal thing or, for something like an RPS distinction?

Midlands

"Out of curiosity

Is this project just a personal thing or, for something like an RPS distinction? "

It's a documentary project more than anything. I like covering subcultures. Have also been looking to don portrait projects on wrestlers and comic con antendees. I guess it is personal but definitely something I want to develop into a project.

By *nightsoftheCoffeeTableCouple  over a year ago

Leeds

Jumping in to follow the thread.

Mrs

» Add a new message to this topic