FabSwingers.com

FabSwingers.com > Forums > The Lounge > Call centres

Call centres

Jump to: Newest in thread

By *iamondsmiles. OP   Woman  over a year ago

little house on the praire

This really weird and wonderful thing has happened to me this morning. I decided to do all my phone calls that needed doing, i had to ring two call centres. Well, couldnt have been more helpful or polite, never known two such helpful and wonderful peope answer the phones. Could this be the new phenomenom?

Reply privately, Reply in forum +quote or View forums list

By *iewMan  over a year ago
Forum Mod

Angus & Findhorn

everyday people trying to do a great job, sadly sometimes let down by internal processes or shit performance management.

and a few exceptions

By *ENGUYMan  over a year ago

Hull

I worked in a call centre in Hull last year.

OK, I went in with my eyes open and was prepared to learn, but did it show what "pressure" was like? I lasted 3 weeks and was so relieved to hear them say, "you're not going to make the grade!"

Two aspects came from it; 1, I now treat call centre personnel with far more respect now, and 2), I know how to let them down gently, knowing some of the tricks of the trade!

By (user no longer on site)  over a year ago

[Removed by poster at 08/11/12 10:57:08]

On the whole call centres are good. No offence meant, but I do find UK based centres easier to deal with.

The guys in the call centre in my company are great. And take feed back really well, both positive and constructive.

One company I've had dealings with recently were shocking and I ended up doing their job for them. Needless to say another complaint has landed in their offices.

By *ittle_brat_evie!!Woman  over a year ago

evesham

Good to see some love for the call centres

By *ucsparkMan  over a year ago

dudley

Where ever possible I do face to face as really dislike call centre's. most uk ones I have dealings with seem quite good, most off shore not so good. Always find there's a big difference between speaking English and understanding it.

By *rs and mr sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

Boldon

I'm starting a training course in two weeks time for contact centre professionalism. I have been put on this by the job centre as my original preferred work in accountancy is not going to happen as my qualifications are not recognised(25 years as a civil servant) I'm looking forward and dreading it all at the same time but maybe after it I might finally get a job at the end of it!

"This really weird and wonderful thing has happened to me this morning. I decided to do all my phone calls that needed doing, i had to ring two call centres. Well, couldnt have been more helpful or polite, never known two such helpful and wonderful peope answer the phones. Could this be the new phenomenom?"

They're now scared of all of their customers charging them for the duration of the phone calls

By *reyyaMan  over a year ago

North Yorkshire

"I'm starting a training course in two weeks time for contact centre professionalism. I have been put on this by the job centre as my original preferred work in accountancy is not going to happen as my qualifications are not recognised(25 years as a civil servant) I'm looking forward and dreading it all at the same time but maybe after it I might finally get a job at the end of it!"

Good Luck...

By *rs and mr sanddancerCouple  over a year ago

Boldon

"I'm starting a training course in two weeks time for contact centre professionalism. ..... I'm looking forward and dreading it all at the same time but maybe after it I might finally get a job at the end of it!

Good Luck..."

Thanks Tees

» Add a new message to this topic